Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A New Community for Jets Fans

+20
danfran
Superman55
Seaver
GratefulJet
soj
DonMaynard
Old#15
The Wicker Man
NCgreen12
HYATT™
cysporsche
NYJETSDAN16
NickSINYC
football51
Sarge
lnap23
SackExchange
skop
LIJETFAN
hobson54
24 posters

Possible 2015 Jets Quarterbacks

SackExchange
    SackExchange

Possible 2015 Jets Quarterbacks - Page 15 Empty Re: Possible 2015 Jets Quarterbacks

Post by SackExchange Sun 18 Jan 2015 - 23:06

Good point. If Mark was the one who "took" the Jets to the championship game his first two years, then he must be solely responsible for how far he dropped off in his next few years.
    GratefulJet
    GratefulJet
    Honorary Group Captain

Possible 2015 Jets Quarterbacks - Page 15 Empty Re: Possible 2015 Jets Quarterbacks

Post by GratefulJet Mon 19 Jan 2015 - 0:07

NYJETSDAN16 wrote:
    SackExchange wrote:We get it. You don't like Geno.

I can't stand that SOB. One of the worst QB's i have ever seen.  Wasted an entire 2014 season.  The Jets gave him the starting role, gift wrapped with an arsenal of weaopns around him and he squandered his opportunity.  Now, as a fan i have to see if he gels with a new OC? Costing us another wasted season instead of evaluating another QB such as Glennon or Mallett, or another Rookie QB.

I'am sorry Sack, we've gone back and forth, and i'am sure it's tiring for many to read what i constantly state about Geno Smith, but it gets frustrating to even fathom that this horrendous, worthless QB will get another opportunity to destroy yet another season, we as fans wait for.

We fans invest so much of our time to follow this team.  Combine, OTA's, Draft, Training Camp, Preseason.  Then for what, to have a gutless Quarterback like Geno Smith get another shot? How many chances will we give a 2nd round QB? Hell, i could understand Mark Sanchez as the franchise invested a 5th overall pick.  The organization should take 4 seasons to evaluate him, not a second rounder who hasn't shown absolutely nothing when it mattered the most.

I just cannot wait until this trash of a QB gets cut or relegated to 3rd string so that he doesn't have to tarnish another season.  As far as QB's are concerned, it's still January, There will be plenty of options for the new regime to try to help upgrade the position most in need.  NO WAY GENO STARTS IN 2015.

Trash, gutless, horrendous, worthless...we get it. You don't like Geno, and it's personal for you.

I can't imagine a fan of another team saying anything worse about a Jet player than you just did. What does that say about you?
    WilliesDad
    Honorary Test Pilot
    Honorary Test Pilot

Post by WilliesDad Mon 19 Jan 2015 - 9:12

[quote="GratefulJet"]
    NYJETSDAN16 wrote:

I can't stand that SOB. One of the worst QB's i have ever seen.  Wasted an entire 2014 season.  The Jets gave him the starting role, gift wrapped with an arsenal of weaopns around him and he squandered his opportunity.  Now, as a fan i have to see if he gels with a new OC? Costing us another wasted season instead of evaluating another QB such as Glennon or Mallett, or another Rookie QB.

I'am sorry Sack, we've gone back and forth, and i'am sure it's tiring for many to read what i constantly state about Geno Smith, but it gets frustrating to even fathom that this horrendous, worthless QB will get another opportunity to destroy yet another season, we as fans wait for.

We fans invest so much of our time to follow this team.  Combine, OTA's, Draft, Training Camp, Preseason.  Then for what, to have a gutless Quarterback like Geno Smith get another shot? How many chances will we give a 2nd round QB? Hell, i could understand Mark Sanchez as the franchise invested a 5th overall pick.  The organization should take 4 seasons to evaluate him, not a second rounder who hasn't shown absolutely nothing when it mattered the most.

I just cannot wait until this trash of a QB gets cut or relegated to 3rd string so that he doesn't have to tarnish another season.  As far as QB's are concerned, it's still January, There will be plenty of options for the new regime to try to help upgrade the position most in need.  NO WAY GENO STARTS IN 2015.

Trash, gutless, horrendous, worthless...we get it. You don't like Geno, and it's personal for you.

I can't imagine a fan of another team saying anything worse about a Jet player than you just did. What does that say about you?[/quote

I agree that it does seem personal with you Dan. I also disagree with your promise that a first round pick deserves 4 years to prove himself but a 2nd rounder should be sacked after 2 years.

Finally, your assertion that Geno was responsible for Rex being fired is ludicrous. Along with all of the reasons discussed throughout this website, remember that He missed the playoffs for 4 straight years, 2 of which were when the Jets were "being carried" by your QB.

I don't like calling out individual posters but I really disagree with how much you blame Geno for all of the failings of this team. I also wonder why it REALLY is that you seem to hate him so much.
    Seaver
    Seaver
    Pilot
    Pilot

Post by Seaver Mon 19 Jan 2015 - 10:33

are we really striking up the Geno Smith fan club again? The only thing that guy deserves is a shot to compete.......nothing more. He isn't particularly smart on the field. Looks like that Dolphin game has people bamboozled.
    GratefulJet
    GratefulJet
    Honorary Group Captain

Post by GratefulJet Mon 19 Jan 2015 - 10:59

Seaver wrote:are we really striking up the Geno Smith fan club again?  The only thing that guy deserves is a shot to compete.......nothing more.  He isn't particularly smart on the field.  Looks like that Dolphin game has people bamboozled.

No, it looks like you and Dan need to work on your reading comprehension. We are all in agreement that the most Geno deserves is a chance to compete. The problem is that there are no realistic 2015 options out there: the FA class is full of guys that other teams have allowed to become free agents for a reason: they stink in varying degrees. The draft class is rather lacking in solid pro prospects, so anyone from the draft will require at least a year of grooming before they take a regular season snap.

If there are any other solid 2015 QB options out there, I am all ears. Maybe the Eagles will trade us Foles. Maybe the Texans will trade us Fitzgerald, who is only a stop-gap at best anyway. Maybe Matt Flynn is worth a FA flyer. He's hardly a "plan". Ryan Mallett is a slow-footed, dim-witted goon with an big arm and little else. Ryan Nassib is Giants property and unlikely to be worth anything the Giants will demand in trade--he is their backup QB, after all, and completely untested in the NFL, and was such a top prospect that he fell to the 4th round when he was drafted. Jason Campbell? I don't think so. Matt Moore, Christian Ponder, Jake Locker, Brian Hoyer--none of those names get me very interested, except maybe Hoyer as a short-term stop-gap game manager with limited upside. Not exciting. Not a long-term solution.

Or we could draft Mariota when he falls to us. Oh wait, you already hate that idea. What's your plan then?
    cysporsche
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by cysporsche Mon 19 Jan 2015 - 12:02

I'll throw a couple QB names out there that might be a good 1-2 year stop gap until we find our franchise QB.

The Panthers might have the best 2nd string QB in Derek Anderson 6'6"/230 (31) & 3rd string QB in Joe Webb 6'4"/230 who is a play maker.

Anderson took over for Cam Newton for 2 games after Cam's auto accident, and turned the Panthers around towards the playoffs. He's a big pocket passer with a good arm and he's smart. If I'm not mistaken, he was All-Pro a few years ago with the Browns. Just a thought.

Go Jets...Cyborg
    Seaver
    Seaver
    Pilot
    Pilot

Post by Seaver Mon 19 Jan 2015 - 12:11

GratefulJet wrote:
    Seaver wrote:are we really striking up the Geno Smith fan club again?  The only thing that guy deserves is a shot to compete.......nothing more.  He isn't particularly smart on the field.  Looks like that Dolphin game has people bamboozled.

No, it looks like you and Dan need to work on your reading comprehension. We are all in agreement that the most Geno deserves is a chance to compete. The problem is that there are no realistic 2015 options out there: the FA class is full of guys that other teams have allowed to become free agents for a reason: they stink in varying degrees. The draft class is rather lacking in solid pro prospects, so anyone from the draft will require at least a year of grooming before they take a regular season snap.

If there are any other solid 2015 QB options out there, I am all ears. Maybe the Eagles will trade us Foles. Maybe the Texans will trade us Fitzgerald, who is only a stop-gap at best anyway. Maybe Matt Flynn is worth a FA flyer. He's hardly a "plan". Ryan Mallett is a slow-footed, dim-witted goon with an big arm and little else. Ryan Nassib is Giants property and unlikely to be worth anything the Giants will demand in trade--he is their backup QB, after all, and completely untested in the NFL, and was such a top prospect that he fell to the 4th round when he was drafted. Jason Campbell? I don't think so. Matt Moore, Christian Ponder, Jake Locker, Brian Hoyer--none of those names get me very interested, except maybe Hoyer as a short-term stop-gap game manager with limited upside. Not exciting. Not a long-term solution.

Or we could draft Mariota when he falls to us. Oh wait, you already hate that idea. What's your plan then?

I'm on record somewhere in here for Fitzpatrick.  Yes, he is only a stopgap, but better than what they currently have in stock.  I'd look at Sam Bradford/Nick Foles via trade if available.  I'd look at Matt
    Schaub ad well.  I'd also draft AT LEAST 1 QB.  I'd ideally like 2 (especially if the first is not drafted high), or draft one/sign another not drafted - depends on what is left.  Geno would at least provide a good barometer to compare any new QBs to.......they won't match up to a vet, but let's at least see how well they can compete with a flawed 3rd year QB.  Beyond that, the position doesn't get solved in 2015.  

At this stage, Matt Simms to me is dead weight taking up space that can be used to take another shot at a possible future QB.  It comes down to him or Geno, with Geno having more physical tools.  So I'm looking at 3 QBs on the roster.....vet - Geno - new kid. I'd like to say there would be a 4th on the practice squad, but that at first glance seems too risky.  If you like a guy at least that much at that position, somebody else is most definitely looking as well in the current climate of QBs.
    Seaver
    Seaver
    Pilot
    Pilot

Post by Seaver Mon 19 Jan 2015 - 12:14

strangely enough, I'd even entertain the notion of Sanchez vs Geno just to maximize production until a true long term option is discovered.
    Superman55
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Superman55 Mon 19 Jan 2015 - 13:55

Seaver wrote:
    GratefulJet wrote:

I'm on record somewhere in here for Fitzpatrick.  Yes, he is only a stopgap, but better than what they currently have in stock.  I'd look at Sam Bradford/Nick Foles via trade if available.  I'd look at Matt
    Schaub ad well.  I'd also draft AT LEAST 1 QB.  I'd ideally like 2 (especially if the first is not drafted high), or draft one/sign another not drafted - depends on what is left.  Geno would at least provide a good barometer to compare any new QBs to.......they won't match up to a vet, but let's at least see how well they can compete with a flawed 3rd year QB.  Beyond that, the position doesn't get solved in 2015.  

At this stage, Matt Simms to me is dead weight taking up space that can be used to take another shot at a possible future QB.  It comes down to him or Geno, with Geno having more physical tools.  So I'm looking at 3 QBs on the roster.....vet - Geno - new kid. I'd like to say there would be a 4th on the practice squad, but that at first glance seems too risky.  If you like a guy at least that much at that position, somebody else is most definitely looking as well in the current climate of QBs.

well said and most likely. The new GM has a lot to sift through to figure out which scenarios are realistic and which are not.
    NYJETSDAN16
    NYJETSDAN16
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by NYJETSDAN16 Mon 19 Jan 2015 - 14:16

BLASPHEMY, he deserves many opportunities. If he strikes out this season, we MUST give him the 2016 season as well, because a proper way to evaluate a QB is year four. REGARDLESS IF HE'S A 2ND ROUND DRAFT PICK.

Maybe in 2016 we might land Art Briles as a OC, hell Geno will definitely succeed in that scheme, Definitely.

Last edited by NYJETSDAN16 on Mon 19 Jan 2015 - 14:40; edited 1 time in total
    NYJETSDAN16
    NYJETSDAN16
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by NYJETSDAN16 Mon 19 Jan 2015 - 14:18

GratefulJet wrote:
    NYJETSDAN16 wrote:

I can't imagine a fan of another team saying anything worse about a Jet player than you just did. What does that say about you?

So you don't think Geno is horrible? You're still stuck on that "Potential Talent & Raw abilities"?  So you really want to give a "Browning Nagle" clone another shot .

Sorry that i'm Real with the team i root my ass for, but it's true, Geno is Garbage as a football player.  If you want to sugar coat his deficiencies & be pro-Geno thinking he deserves another chance due to anew Coordinator, by all means.  It just extenuates the fact that you might want to step out of a fantasy world you've created on Geno Smith.

There will be much better options than the love fest around Geno Smith.

Yet one thing that says alot about you if you still want Geno to be our QB, is that I'am guessing you love the 4-12 outcomes.

Last edited by NYJETSDAN16 on Mon 19 Jan 2015 - 14:32; edited 3 times in total
    NYJETSDAN16
    NYJETSDAN16
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by NYJETSDAN16 Mon 19 Jan 2015 - 14:20

cysporsche wrote:I'll throw a couple QB names out there that might be a good 1-2 year stop gap until we find our franchise QB.

The Panthers might have the best 2nd string QB in Derek Anderson 6'6"/230 (31) & 3rd string QB in Joe Webb 6'4"/230 who is a play maker.

Anderson took over for Cam Newton for 2 games after Cam's auto accident, and turned the Panthers around towards the playoffs. He's a big pocket passer with a good arm and he's smart. If I'm not mistaken, he was All-Pro a few years ago with the Browns. Just a thought.

Go Jets...Cyborg

Ia'm all for a stop gap QB. Hell maybe one of them will turn into another Vinny. But for some to still fathom the idea that Geno Smith will turn it around, please let's get real folks.
    SackExchange
    SackExchange

Post by SackExchange Mon 19 Jan 2015 - 15:12

NYJETSDAN16 wrote:
    GratefulJet wrote:
    NYJETSDAN16 wrote:

So you don't think Geno is horrible? You're still stuck on that "Potential Talent & Raw abilities"?  So you really want to give a "Browning Nagle" clone another shot .

Sorry that i'm Real with the team i root my ass for, but it's true, Geno is Garbage as a football player.  If you want to sugar coat his deficiencies & be pro-Geno thinking he deserves another chance due to anew Coordinator, by all means.  It just extenuates the fact that you might want to step out of a fantasy world you've created on Geno Smith.

There will be much better options than the love fest around Geno Smith.

Yet one thing that says alot about you if you still want Geno to be our QB, is that I'am guessing you love the 4-12 outcomes.
    Where do you read in his comments that he doesn't think Geno is horrible?

Seriously, Dan, you have to relax. You are completely unable to discuss Geno rationally. Your personal bias is just completely tainting this discussion.

Nobody here...NOBODY...has said Geno deserves to be handed the job. All some of us have said is that with his low contract number, giving him a chance to compete with legitimate competition as he enters his third year isn't a completely ridiculous notion.

Truth is, Dan, if he won the starting job and put forth an MVP season, you would still be hating on him. Now, of course, the chances of this happening are as good as my chances are with Kate Upton, but you get the point.
    Superman55
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Superman55 Mon 19 Jan 2015 - 15:42

Sorry...did somebody say Kate Upton?

Possible 2015 Jets Quarterbacks - Page 15 Ku6

NYJETSDAN16
    NYJETSDAN16
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by NYJETSDAN16 Mon 19 Jan 2015 - 16:01

Superman55 wrote:Sorry...did somebody say Kate Upton?

Possible 2015 Jets Quarterbacks - Page 15 Ku6

Sack, If Geno became an MVP i'd be happy to eat crow as i as many fans want to see this team succeed.

But if all my negative mind set on Geno came together to get a pic of Kate Upton, then it was all worth it! cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers
    Seaver
    Seaver
    Pilot
    Pilot

Post by Seaver Mon 19 Jan 2015 - 17:00

holy sweet major league yabahos
    Blindsidebrick
    Honorary Wing Commander
    Honorary Wing Commander

Post by Blindsidebrick Mon 19 Jan 2015 - 21:37

Justin Verlander holds her hand.

I should've become a 94 mph throwing 20 game winner.
    soj
    Honorary Air Commander
    Honorary Air Commander

Post by soj Tue 20 Jan 2015 - 11:35

Why don't we see what the new regime is going to do. Tomorrows' NC will help clear the air I hope! Or at worse muddy it more (that is the SOJ in me guys sorry).
    Seaver
    Seaver
    Pilot
    Pilot

Post by Seaver Tue 20 Jan 2015 - 11:48

maybe Kate Upton could do the press conference?
    Sarge
    Sarge
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Sarge Tue 20 Jan 2015 - 11:50

I'd be very surprised if we heard anything substantive at the press conference tomorrow

NickSINYC
    NickSINYC
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

Post by NickSINYC Wed 21 Jan 2015 - 17:05

Brian Costello @BrianCoz · 1m 1 minute ago
    Former Jets QB coach rips Geno Smith: His play 'killed us' #nyj: http://nyp.st/1sZAUms via @nypost
    WilliesDad
    Honorary Test Pilot
    Honorary Test Pilot

Post by WilliesDad Wed 21 Jan 2015 - 17:22

NickSINYC wrote:Brian Costello @BrianCoz  ·  1m 1 minute ago
    Former Jets QB coach rips Geno Smith: His play 'killed us' #nyj: http://nyp.st/1sZAUms  via @nypost

To expand on that quote, Lee said that Geno's 'up and down' play is what "killed" them. Which is somewhat true. HOWEVER, he also said that "he also did some great things. The last five games this season he was the seventh-rated passer in the league. He had a perfect passer rating in his last game at Miami. The potential and ability is there.”

So contextually, it's not as bad as that sound bite sounds.

But, what does this also say about his ability as a QB coach? First Sanchez, then Geno both regress and play incredibly inconsistently. To me, that means that his message was not effective. That it didn't get through to either Geno OR Mark.

I am glad he is gone - but still in our division and I can't wait to see what he does with "ace" up there (see the article in relation to my quote of 'ace').
    NYJETSDAN16
    NYJETSDAN16
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by NYJETSDAN16 Wed 21 Jan 2015 - 17:28

Former Jets QB coach rips Geno Smith: His play 'killed us' #nyj: http://nyp.st/1sZAUms  via @nypost

And that's coming from a coach that worked with him. So much a coach can do if the QB just doesn't get it.
    NickSINYC
    NickSINYC
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

Post by NickSINYC Wed 21 Jan 2015 - 17:30

WilliesDad wrote:

To expand on that quote, Lee said that Geno's 'up and down' play is what "killed" them.  Which is somewhat true.  HOWEVER, he also said that "he also did some great things. The last five games this season he was the seventh-rated passer in the league. He had a perfect passer rating in his last game at Miami. The potential and ability is there.”

So contextually, it's not as bad as that sound bite sounds.  

But, what does this also say about his ability as a QB coach?  First Sanchez, then Geno both regress and play incredibly inconsistently.  To me, that means that his message was not effective.  That it didn't get through to either Geno OR Mark.  

I am glad he is gone - but still in our division and I can't wait to see what he does with "ace" up there (see the article in relation to my quote of 'ace').

The whole article is link to the tweet for full context. I posted it more too show Lee who Rex brought with him to Buffalo was taking a shot at Geno while he praised Rexs' D. Not as an indictment on Geno
    NYJETSDAN16
    NYJETSDAN16
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by NYJETSDAN16 Wed 21 Jan 2015 - 17:49

Petty would be an interesting pick in the second round unless the Jets trade back into the 1st late to get him.

He's as gritty as they come and has played in an offense led by Art Briles in which is very similar to Chan Gailey's offense. Would love to see Bryce in the mix with Fitzpatrick & Glennon for the starting job for '15.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue 19 Mar 2024 - 5:12