A New Community for Jets Fans


    Jets play in London Oct 4 2015

    Share
    avatar
    Sarge
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

    Posts : 685
    Points : 13249
    Join date : 2014-08-28
    Location : Alabama

    Jets play in London Oct 4 2015

    Post by Sarge on Thu 6 Nov 2014 - 11:08

    If my damn house sells before then, I WILL BE THERE!
    avatar
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

    Posts : 1660
    Points : 19429
    Join date : 2014-09-08

    Re: Jets play in London Oct 4 2015

    Post by Superman55 on Thu 6 Nov 2014 - 11:17

    Jets, Dolphins to square off in London next year

    Posted by Mike Florio on November 6, 2014, 9:16 AM EST
    Jets
    AP
    The NFL typically uses the occasion of a game in London to leak some news about the future of the NFL’s games in London.

    As the third and final game of the 2014 series approaches between Dallas and Jacksonville, the NFL has opted to break new ground with the news leaked Thursday to multiple reporters: Next year, the Dolphins will host the Jets in London.

    It’s the first time the NFL will stage an intradivision game in London. Previously, the league had resisted the idea of playing games between two teams in the same division in London, due to concerns that the road team for the London game gets an advantage within the division — a home game and a neutral-site game against one of the other teams in the four-team chase for a guaranteed home game in the playoffs.

    The move shows that the league is willing to put competitive concerns aside when it comes to growing the game in London. Which could mean the league is willing to risk the competitive disadvantages that would come from moving a team to England, and the potential competitive advantages that would be provided to a London-based team in order to help it remain viable.

    For folks in England, the looming visit by the Jets likely won’t prompt euphoria. The one-win Jets are among the worst teams in the NFL this year, and chances are they’ll be at the bottom of the barrel in 2015, too.
    avatar
    NCgreen12
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

    Posts : 124
    Points : 8931
    Join date : 2014-09-11

    Re: Jets play in London Oct 4 2015

    Post by NCgreen12 on Thu 6 Nov 2014 - 15:45

    At least the Jets aren't hosting (losing a home game) and they don't have to play in Miami. Hopefully Marcus Mariotta will have thrown 8 TD's by then for us. cheers
    avatar
    NickSINYC
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

    Posts : 1235
    Points : 10548
    Join date : 2014-09-01

    Re: Jets play in London Oct 4 2015

    Post by NickSINYC on Thu 6 Nov 2014 - 15:55

    I guess the NFL feels the Jets are so bad there is no need to be concerned about competitive balance.   Bang Head
    avatar
    football51
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

    Posts : 1343
    Points : 12771
    Join date : 2014-09-02

    Re: Jets play in London Oct 4 2015

    Post by football51 on Thu 6 Nov 2014 - 16:28

    earlier bye week next year.
    avatar
    football51
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

    Posts : 1343
    Points : 12771
    Join date : 2014-09-02

    Re: Jets play in London Oct 4 2015

    Post by football51 on Sat 10 Jan 2015 - 17:14



    Dennis Waszak Jr.Verified account
    ‏@DWAZ73
    NFL announces that #Jets' road game vs #Dolphins in London in Week 4 (Oct. 4) will have 9:30 am ET kickoff.
    http://www.newyorkjets.com/news/article-randylangefb/Jets-to-Play-Dolphins-in-London-in-2015/f2472f78-1738-4b5d-b9dc-43e260329dcc?campaign=tw …
    avatar
    NickSINYC
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

    Posts : 1235
    Points : 10548
    Join date : 2014-09-01

    Re: Jets play in London Oct 4 2015

    Post by NickSINYC on Sat 10 Jan 2015 - 17:37

    football51 wrote:

    Dennis Waszak Jr.Verified account
    ‏@DWAZ73
    NFL announces that #Jets' road game vs #Dolphins in London in Week 4 (Oct. 4) will have 9:30 am ET kickoff.
    http://www.newyorkjets.com/news/article-randylangefb/Jets-to-Play-Dolphins-in-London-in-2015/f2472f78-1738-4b5d-b9dc-43e260329dcc?campaign=tw …

    rough west coast starting time
    avatar
    football51
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

    Posts : 1343
    Points : 12771
    Join date : 2014-09-02

    Re: Jets play in London Oct 4 2015

    Post by football51 on Sat 10 Jan 2015 - 17:59

    NickSINYC wrote:
    football51 wrote:

    Dennis Waszak Jr.Verified account
    ‏@DWAZ73
    NFL announces that #Jets' road game vs #Dolphins in London in Week 4 (Oct. 4) will have 9:30 am ET kickoff.
    http://www.newyorkjets.com/news/article-randylangefb/Jets-to-Play-Dolphins-in-London-in-2015/f2472f78-1738-4b5d-b9dc-43e260329dcc?campaign=tw …

    rough west coast starting time



    Nick, it's going to be breakfast and the Jets. A very early breakfast.
    avatar
    NickSINYC
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

    Posts : 1235
    Points : 10548
    Join date : 2014-09-01

    Re: Jets play in London Oct 4 2015

    Post by NickSINYC on Sat 10 Jan 2015 - 18:03

    football51 wrote:
    NickSINYC wrote:
    football51 wrote:

    Dennis Waszak Jr.Verified account
    ‏@DWAZ73
    NFL announces that #Jets' road game vs #Dolphins in London in Week 4 (Oct. 4) will have 9:30 am ET kickoff.
    http://www.newyorkjets.com/news/article-randylangefb/Jets-to-Play-Dolphins-in-London-in-2015/f2472f78-1738-4b5d-b9dc-43e260329dcc?campaign=tw …

    rough west coast starting time



    Nick, it's going to be breakfast and the Jets. A very early breakfast.

    It was real strange getting used to 10am Jet games but if I can do that on a regular basis I can make it through this one time J-E-T-S
    avatar
    jetsfanshanghai
    Honorary Test Pilot
    Honorary Test Pilot

    Posts : 20
    Points : 1514
    Join date : 2014-11-07

    Re: Jets play in London Oct 4 2015

    Post by jetsfanshanghai on Mon 12 Jan 2015 - 6:45

    nice

    Might 'pop home' for that one

    Sponsored content

    Re: Jets play in London Oct 4 2015

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Fri 23 Jun 2017 - 13:09