Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A New Community for Jets Fans

+20
danfran
Superman55
Seaver
GratefulJet
soj
DonMaynard
Old#15
The Wicker Man
NCgreen12
HYATT™
cysporsche
NYJETSDAN16
NickSINYC
football51
Sarge
lnap23
SackExchange
skop
LIJETFAN
hobson54
24 posters

Possible 2015 Jets Quarterbacks

Sarge
    Sarge
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Possible 2015 Jets Quarterbacks - Page 14 Empty Re: Possible 2015 Jets Quarterbacks

Post by Sarge Sun 18 Jan 2015 - 21:45

SackExchange wrote:We get it. You don't like Geno.

lol!
    WilliesDad
    Honorary Test Pilot
    Honorary Test Pilot

Possible 2015 Jets Quarterbacks - Page 14 Empty Re: Possible 2015 Jets Quarterbacks

Post by WilliesDad Sun 18 Jan 2015 - 21:46

Thank you!

And thanks to Brick for reiterating what I had been saying last year about there being no guarantees about anyone in the draft being a sure thing better option than Geno and questioning those that think it is an easy fix.
    NYJETSDAN16
    NYJETSDAN16
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by NYJETSDAN16 Sun 18 Jan 2015 - 21:48

SackExchange wrote:I really don't get this rationale. Sanchez was a top five pick, so he deserved a longer leash. That makes no sense to me.

It makes most sense of all Sack. The franchise invested more money and traded picks to move up to get him.  Plus he had two AFCCG's under his resume.  Of course the leash was longer.

Geno on the other hand regressed with better talent and was benched twice this season. He's a second rounder and the best part is that this regime has no ties to him.  Therefore i would assume the leash is extremely short.  If he stinks it up again (as i strongly feel he will), cut him.
    SackExchange
    SackExchange

Post by SackExchange Sun 18 Jan 2015 - 21:49

Shouldn't a kid who is drafted higher be better? Therefore, shouldn't the expectations be higher?
    NYJETSDAN16
    NYJETSDAN16
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by NYJETSDAN16 Sun 18 Jan 2015 - 21:52

WilliesDad wrote:

Thank you!

And thanks to Brick for reiterating what I had been saying last year about there being no guarantees about anyone in the draft being a sure thing better option than Geno and questioning those that think it is an easy fix.

We know what we have in Geno. Why would a new regime go to a 2nd round QB who cost his HC & GM their jobs with his garbage play with better talent around him.

I understand there are no guarantees in the draft therefore you take a chance on them and see what they have to offer, ala a Russell Wilson.

The only guarantee with Geno is that he's a coach/GM killer and desrtoys a whole season.
    How many chances for an inept QB?
    SackExchange
    SackExchange

Post by SackExchange Sun 18 Jan 2015 - 21:54

There is nothing to lose in keeping Geno. His second-round rookie contract is dirt cheap. Why get rid of him when you can keep him, continue to see if he actually gets it or not, and then just let him walk if he doesn't end up getting it?
    NYJETSDAN16
    NYJETSDAN16
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by NYJETSDAN16 Sun 18 Jan 2015 - 21:55

SackExchange wrote:Shouldn't a kid who is drafted higher be better? Therefore, shouldn't the expectations be higher?

Yes, Mark took the Jets to two AFCCG's.  Then in 2011 he threw 26 TD passes, 6 rushing TD's therefore he got that huge contract.
    Tanny thought he would take that next step, unfortunatley he regressed as well, but the leash is absolutley longer for a 1st rounder..ESPECIALLY a top 5 pick.

As far as for Geno Sleep

Last edited by NYJETSDAN16 on Sun 18 Jan 2015 - 21:58; edited 1 time in total
    NYJETSDAN16
    NYJETSDAN16
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by NYJETSDAN16 Sun 18 Jan 2015 - 21:57

SackExchange wrote:There is nothing to lose in keeping Geno. His second-round rookie contract is dirt cheap. Why get rid of him when you can keep him, continue to see if he actually gets it or not, and then just let him walk if he doesn't end up getting it?

I have no issue Keeping him as long as the organization gives him legit Competition unlike 2014 where they just went ALL IN with him. Have three QB's competing with him, Fitz, Glennon and Bryce per say. If Geno earns a spot, by all means, but dont just keep him because he's dirt cheap.
    SackExchange
    SackExchange

Post by SackExchange Sun 18 Jan 2015 - 21:58

NYJETSDAN16 wrote:
    SackExchange wrote:Shouldn't a kid who is drafted higher be better? Therefore, shouldn't the expectations be higher?

Yes, Mark took the Jets to two AFCCG's.  Then in 2011 he 26 TD passes, 6 rushing TD's therefore he got that huge contract.
    Tanny thought he would take that next step, unfortunatley he regressed as well, but the leash is absolutley longer for a 1st rounder..ESPECIALLY a top 5 pick.

As far as for Geno Sleep
    No, the Jets took Mark to two AFCCGs.

His stats in his first two seasons are VERY similar to Geno's.
    Sarge
    Sarge
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Sarge Sun 18 Jan 2015 - 22:03

I think eeveryone agrees we need to bring in a legit QB to compete for the starting job.
    SackExchange
    SackExchange

Post by SackExchange Sun 18 Jan 2015 - 22:05

Sarge wrote:I think eeveryone agrees we need to bring in a legit QB to compete for the starting job.
    Absolutely. No arguing that.

I would like both a veteran and a draft pick used on QBs.
    NYJETSDAN16
    NYJETSDAN16
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by NYJETSDAN16 Sun 18 Jan 2015 - 22:07

SackExchange wrote:
    NYJETSDAN16 wrote:

Yes, Mark took the Jets to two AFCCG's.  Then in 2011 he 26 TD passes, 6 rushing TD's therefore he got that huge contract.

As far as for Geno Sleep

Mark Played outstanding in the playoff his first two seasons. Let's not compare apples and oranges. Mark came to play and he made every practice.

Geno doesn't take the NFL seriously.
    NYJETSDAN16
    NYJETSDAN16
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by NYJETSDAN16 Sun 18 Jan 2015 - 22:08

SackExchange wrote:
    Sarge wrote:I think eeveryone agrees we need to bring in a legit QB to compete for the starting job.
    Absolutely. No arguing that.

I would like both a veteran and a draft pick used on QBs.

A+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    SackExchange
    SackExchange

Post by SackExchange Sun 18 Jan 2015 - 22:10

NYJETSDAN16 wrote:
    SackExchange wrote:
    NYJETSDAN16 wrote:

As far as for Geno Sleep

Mark Played outstanding in the playoff his first two seasons. Let's not compare apples and oranges.  Mark came to play and he made every practice.

Sanchez didn't, either. I'm sorry. But this is so one-sided. I'm not sure why you just do not like Geno Smith, but it borders on personal.

Neither one stepped up. Both played pretty poor football. Sanchez just had a better team around him.
    NYJETSDAN16
    NYJETSDAN16
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by NYJETSDAN16 Sun 18 Jan 2015 - 22:12

SackExchange wrote:
    NYJETSDAN16 wrote:
    SackExchange wrote:
    NYJETSDAN16 wrote:

As far as for Geno Sleep

Mark Played outstanding in the playoff his first two seasons. Let's not compare apples and oranges.  Mark came to play and he made every practice.

Sanchez didn't, either. I'm sorry. But this is so one-sided. I'm not sure why you just do not like Geno Smith, but it borders on personal.

Neither one stepped up. Both played pretty poor football. Sanchez just had a better team around him.

Sanchez played lights out in the playoffs. Geno will never sniff the playoffs. I don't like Geno as a Football player. Personally i couldnt care less what he does off the field.

He's a waste of a draft pick and this past season proved it 100%.
    SackExchange
    SackExchange

Post by SackExchange Sun 18 Jan 2015 - 22:17

NYJETSDAN16 wrote:
    SackExchange wrote:
    NYJETSDAN16 wrote:
    SackExchange wrote:
    NYJETSDAN16 wrote:

As far as for Geno Sleep

Sanchez played lights out in the playoffs.  Geno will never sniff the playoffs.  I don't like Geno as a Football player.  Personally i couldnt care less what he does off the field.  

He's a waste of a draft pick and this past season proved it 100%.
    And Mark Sanchez was a waste of multiple draft picks. Yet he is spared your vitriol.

Sorry, but the regular season is a much bigger sample size, and the numbers are just about even, if not slightly favoring Geno.

And Sanchez threw barely 60% in the playoffs, 60.3% in 2009, 60.7% in 2010. While that is pretty good, it's not "lights out."
    NYJETSDAN16
    NYJETSDAN16
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by NYJETSDAN16 Sun 18 Jan 2015 - 22:29

Not neccessarily waste of multiple picks on Mark.  Those 4 playoff wins, if anything were worth those traded picks.

When the games mattered, Mark won games. Geno doesn't win you games, on the contrary, he inhibits the team from winning.

Hell, the team was shell shocked when they reinserted Geno back ito the line up this past season. Even his teammate knew there was a shot at winning the game with Vick than Geno.

Last edited by NYJETSDAN16 on Sun 18 Jan 2015 - 22:31; edited 1 time in total
    SackExchange
    SackExchange

Post by SackExchange Sun 18 Jan 2015 - 22:31

NYJETSDAN16 wrote:Not neccessarily waste of multiple picks on Mark.  Those 4 playoff wins, if anything were worth those traded picks.

When the games mattered, Mark won games. Geno doesn't win you games, on the contrary, he inhibits the team from winning.

Mark Sanchez won those four playoff games? Not the Jets? You don't think the Jets would have won those games with another QB?

That's flat-out insane. I'm sorry. That is insane.
    NYJETSDAN16
    NYJETSDAN16
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by NYJETSDAN16 Sun 18 Jan 2015 - 22:32

SackExchange wrote:
    NYJETSDAN16 wrote:Not neccessarily waste of multiple picks on Mark.  Those 4 playoff wins, if anything were worth those traded picks.

Mark Sanchez won those four playoff games? Not the Jets? You don't think the Jets would have won those games with another QB?

WHAT??>??!!!! Please tell me that you think Geno could have also won those games, Please.
    SackExchange
    SackExchange

Post by SackExchange Sun 18 Jan 2015 - 22:35

NYJETSDAN16 wrote:
    SackExchange wrote:

WHAT??>??!!!! Please tell me that you think Geno could have also won those games, Please.
    I don't know if Geno could have. But I know a LOT of QBs, including just about any starter and several back-ups, could have. And that makes Mark Sanchez a waste of multiple high picks.
    NYJETSDAN16
    NYJETSDAN16
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by NYJETSDAN16 Sun 18 Jan 2015 - 22:38

But it wasn't anyother QB, it was a Quarterback that the franchise trade up for.  His performances through out the 4 playoff wins were remarkable, there fore the trade made us fans feel prideful that we had a good QB at the helm. Wins against the Bengals, Chargers, Colts & New England (where he played lights out-CANT WAIT)
    All road wins. A 1st in history for a QB in his 1st 4 road match ups.

Yet with Geno, we know for a fact that the chances of losing are that much higher.  He hasn't done anything to deserve another shot.  Hell, he squandered it.
    NYJETSDAN16
    NYJETSDAN16
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by NYJETSDAN16 Sun 18 Jan 2015 - 22:44

All i'am saying is this Sack:

Sign a free agent QB, then trade for one as well and draft one. Have ample QB's at TC vying to be the QB. If Geno can beat the 3 ahead f him, then he's done something he hasn't done at all in his proffesional career, earn his spot. That in my fair opinion is a start in the right direction. But if he doesn't then position him where he merits to be, 2nd string 3rd or Cut.
    SackExchange
    SackExchange

Post by SackExchange Sun 18 Jan 2015 - 22:49

NYJETSDAN16 wrote:But it wasn't anyother QB, it was a Quarterback that the franchise trade up for.  His performances through out the 4 playoff wins were remarkable, there fore the trade made us fans feel prideful that we had a good QB at the helm. Wins against the Bengals, Chargers, Colts & New England (where he played lights out-CANT WAIT)

Yet with Geno, we know for a fact that the chances of losing are that much higher.  He hasn't done anything to deserve another shot.  Hell, he squandered it.
    Oh, come on! He played above what he had done in the regular season, but remarkable?

They scored 24 and 17 points in their two 2009 wins, and 17 and 28 in their two 2010 wins.

Let's not forget that the defense Sanchez had compared to Geno was better, as were the weapons around him.
    SackExchange
    SackExchange

Post by SackExchange Sun 18 Jan 2015 - 22:52

NYJETSDAN16 wrote:All i'am saying is this Sack:

Sign a free agent QB, then trade for one as well and draft one.  Have ample QB's at TC vying to be the QB.  If Geno can beat the 3 ahead f him, then he's done something he hasn't done at all in his proffesional career, earn his spot.  That in my fair opinion is a start in the right direction.  But if he doesn't then position him where he merits to be, 2nd string 3rd or Cut.
    I would sign one and draft one. I'd only trade for one if it was a legit starter.

At no point did I indicate I have an issue with Geno being challenged. In fact, I've been one of the biggest supporters for signing a guy like Fitzpatrick and for drafting a QB in the first three rounds.

But it seems like you take it way over the top.
    WilliesDad
    Honorary Test Pilot
    Honorary Test Pilot

Post by WilliesDad Sun 18 Jan 2015 - 23:04

NYJETSDAN16 wrote:But it wasn't anyother QB, it was a Quarterback that the franchise trade up for.  His performances through out the 4 playoff wins were remarkable, there fore the trade made us fans feel prideful that we had a good QB at the helm. Wins against the Bengals, Chargers, Colts & New England (where he played lights out-CANT WAIT)

And then what happened to Mark? Why isn't he still on the team? Because he regressed or because he was exposed once the talent level went down? A combination of both I would say. The same thing that happened to Geno this past year. And Mark has looked every bit as bad, if not worse than Geno.

I'm not ready to give up on Geno yet, but I agree we need to bring in some veteran competition for him. I think that we don't need to bring in3 more qb's using all three ways of adding players like you suggest. We just need to be smart about it and I think that our new leadership will do just that.

As Sack stated, Mark did not take us to the AFCC games those 2 years, he was taken.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue 19 Mar 2024 - 3:07