Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A New Community for Jets Fans

+28
football51
Pointdexter
Superman55
AFA2017
jetsfanshanghai
WilliesDad
SackExchange
soj
Seaver
skop
GratefulJet
HYATT™
The Wicker Man
Sarge
Blindsidebrick
NYJETSDAN16
Atljet60
Old#15
NCgreen12
jamesfyo123
danfran
JohnnyBaseball
Metjetgal
hobson54
McJet
trico990
jetkwondo
lnap23
32 posters

Around the League (Non-Jets Specific News)

NickSINYC
    NickSINYC
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

Around the League (Non-Jets Specific News) - Page 26 Empty Re: Around the League (Non-Jets Specific News)

Post by NickSINYC Thu 15 Jan 2015 - 22:32

ProFootballTalk @ProFootballTalk · 23m 23 minutes ago
    Rex Ryan has no concerns about quarterback situation in Buffalo http://wp.me/p14QSB-9GBZ
    SackExchange
    SackExchange

Around the League (Non-Jets Specific News) - Page 26 Empty Re: Around the League (Non-Jets Specific News)

Post by SackExchange Thu 15 Jan 2015 - 22:55

NickSINYC wrote:ProFootballTalk @ProFootballTalk  ·  23m 23 minutes ago
    Rex Ryan has no concerns about quarterback situation in Buffalo http://wp.me/p14QSB-9GBZ
    Wow, is this deja vu?!?

You're right, Rex. All is well. Your guys are all great! I wouldn't even use those draft picks you have this year. Your team is fine the way it is!
    Superman55
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Superman55 Fri 16 Jan 2015 - 7:17

SackExchange wrote:
    NickSINYC wrote:ProFootballTalk @ProFootballTalk  ·  23m 23 minutes ago
    Wow, is this deja vu?!?

You're right, Rex. All is well. Your guys are all great! I wouldn't even use those draft picks you have this year. Your team is fine the way it is!

Rex feels he's better than Marroe and Marrone went 9-7 with this roster. His new GM has also told him EJ is a stud. So I'm sure Rex feels if Marrone won 9 games, he's good for 11 or 12. However, we know Rex wouldn't have had his team ready for any of those games after the snow storm, they would have got killed in both games, and they would have probably gone 7-9 under Rex last year, IMO. Let the bills learn the hard way.
    Sarge
    Sarge
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Sarge Fri 16 Jan 2015 - 7:56

From now on, I'm only going to think about Rex Ryan 2 weeks a year, like I do Bellichick, Gus Malzhan and Les Miles
    Blindsidebrick
    Honorary Wing Commander
    Honorary Wing Commander

Post by Blindsidebrick Fri 16 Jan 2015 - 9:01

Sarge wrote:From now on, I'm only going to think about Rex Ryan 2 weeks a year, like I do Bellichick, Gus Malzhan and Les Miles

And the media won't shut up for more than 10 minutes, bringing his name up everytime the Bills win and Jets lose. It'll be a "juicy storyline" for the jackals all year. They can't help themselves.
    soj
    Honorary Air Commander
    Honorary Air Commander

Post by soj Fri 16 Jan 2015 - 9:12

What is amazing to me is he hasn't learned a thing in 6 years. He continues to bloviate because he will not or better yet cannot recognize the fact that he is not a good HC.  It will only be a matter of time before that team implodes....under medrex.
    SackExchange
    SackExchange

Post by SackExchange Fri 16 Jan 2015 - 11:26

soj wrote:What is amazing to me is he hasn't learned a thing in 6 years. He continues to bloviate because he will not or better yet cannot recognize the fact that he is not a good HC.  It will only be a matter of time before that team implodes....under medrex.
    I'm not sure he's a bad head coach. I'd say he's decent, with some horribly fatal flaws.

Very good players' coach. Gets guys to want to play for him. At first, it's great, especially when you're winning.

But after a few years, his shtick gets old, and guys start taking advantage of his pro-player personality. If I'm EJ Manuel, why bother working to get better? My coach talks all the time about how great I am. If I screw up, he has my back.

And he's still a good defensive schemer. But he was exposed for needing a good secondary. He thought that he could do it with guys off the street. Again, just like with his players, he has blind faith in himself.

The worst part is, you're right. He never learned, in six year.
    Superman55
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Superman55 Fri 16 Jan 2015 - 11:32

SackExchange wrote:
    soj wrote:What is amazing to me is he hasn't learned a thing in 6 years. He continues to bloviate because he will not or better yet cannot recognize the fact that he is not a good HC.  It will only be a matter of time before that team implodes....under medrex.
    I'm not sure he's a bad head coach. I'd say he's decent, with some horribly fatal flaws.

Very good players' coach. Gets guys to want to play for him. At first, it's great, especially when you're winning.

But after a few years, his shtick gets old, and guys start taking advantage of his pro-player personality. If I'm EJ Manuel, why bother working to get better? My coach talks all the time about how great I am. If I screw up, he has my back.

And he's still a good defensive schemer. But he was exposed for needing a good secondary. He thought that he could do it with guys off the street. Again, just like with his players, he has blind faith in himself.

The worst part is, you're right. He never learned, in six year.

he's a great defensive schemer, not a good one, IMO. Even Bowles defense finished 24th...rex never sniffs that bad.
    hobson54
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by hobson54 Fri 16 Jan 2015 - 11:43

Superman55 wrote:
    he's a great defensive schemer, not a good one, IMO.  Even Bowles defense finished 24th...rex never sniffs that bad.

I'm not sure which I'd rather have. a defense that gives up 327 yards per game, but 25.1 points per game, or a defense that gives up 368.2 yards, but only 18.7 points per game

also keep in mind the cardinals were without docket, washington, abraham, and mathieu (for parts of the year) and both teams had terrible QB play handicapping the defense.

the jets lost games 31-0, 43-23, and 38-3 to non-playoff teams. they let up 30 points to minny.

not sure i'd be talking about how great rex's defense was this year. they may have been ranked #6, but i think it's a stretch to say only 5 teams had a better defense than the jets this year.

this isn't to knock rex overall as a great defensive coach. he is. but rather, defensive rankings can be misleading.
    hobson54
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by hobson54 Fri 16 Jan 2015 - 11:46

SackExchange
    SackExchange

Post by SackExchange Fri 16 Jan 2015 - 11:54

It would be interesting with Kubiak "going home" to Denver.
    Superman55
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Superman55 Fri 16 Jan 2015 - 11:55

hobson54 wrote:
    Superman55 wrote:
    he's a great defensive schemer, not a good one, IMO.  Even Bowles defense finished 24th...rex never sniffs that bad.

I'm not sure which I'd rather have.  a defense that gives up 327 yards per game, but 25.1 points per game, or a defense that gives up 368.2 yards, but only 18.7 points per game

also keep in mind the cardinals were without docket, washington, abraham, and mathieu (for parts of the year) and both teams had terrible QB play handicapping the defense.

the jets lost games 31-0, 43-23, and 38-3 to non-playoff teams.  they let up 30 points to minny.

not sure i'd be talking about how great rex's defense was this year.  they may have been ranked #6, but i think it's a stretch to say only 5 teams had a better defense than the jets this year.

this isn't to knock rex overall as a great defensive coach.  he is.  but rather, defensive rankings can be misleading.

I still feel he's great at what he does...

..I say that to say this, I do agree though. It always seemed when teams had to score, they did. Even last year Geno had a rookie record for come back wins...usually after the D gave up the lead.

Remember the Miami and 9ers games being blow outs when those offenses had no business blowing us out. Even that Tebow drive to win the game...seriously? I dont disagree.
    SackExchange
    SackExchange

Post by SackExchange Fri 16 Jan 2015 - 12:14

I definitely would not consider the Jets under Rex to have had a "bend but not break" defense. More often than not, it did less with more than more with less.

In his first few years, even as the Jets were good against the run, they were always susceptible to the big run. The issues with the secondary in the last few years made them susceptible to the deep pass. In either case, they were a worse scoring defense than they really deserved to be, because of big plays.

That said, Rex is absolutely one of the best defensive schemers in the game. That cannot be taken away from him.
    NickSINYC
    NickSINYC
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

Post by NickSINYC Fri 16 Jan 2015 - 13:47

Dennis Waszak Jr. @DWAZ73 · 1m 1 minute ago
    Buffalo mayor to Rex: "I'll make sure that u get better treatment here in Buffalo than they tried to give u in NYC" http://bufbills.co/d822EA
    football51
    football51
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by football51 Fri 16 Jan 2015 - 14:24

Ian Rapoport @RapSheet · 2h 2 hours ago
    #Broncos will interview Doug Marrone this weekend, along with Gary Kubiak. Interestingly, John Elway heard from many coaches touting Marrone
    Sarge
    Sarge
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Sarge Fri 16 Jan 2015 - 14:42

Depending who gets the Atlanta and Denver jobs, these are the hot coaching names left out: Adam Gase, Dan Quinn, Gary Kubiak, Teryl Austin, Frank Reich, Doug Marrone, Sean McDermott, Josh McDaniels, Kyle Shanahan, Vic Fangio

Of the 7 job openings

3 went to retreads: Buffalo, Oakland, Chicago
    2 went to newbies: NYJ, 49ers
    2 undetermined

football51
    football51
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by football51 Fri 16 Jan 2015 - 14:45

Mike Garafolo retweeted
    Jay Glazer @JayGlazer · 8m 8 minutes ago
    John Fox's new 4 year deal with the Chicago Bears is done. He is now the new head coach of Chicago! Done deal
    football51
    football51
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by football51 Fri 16 Jan 2015 - 16:54

Ian Rapoport @RapSheet · 8m 8 minutes ago
    Falcons initially blocked. RT @MikeSilver: Nice score for the Raiders: Mike Tice coming over from Falcons to coach o line...

Now, they better let Bowles hire the ST coach.
    NickSINYC
    NickSINYC
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

Post by NickSINYC Fri 16 Jan 2015 - 16:56

football51 wrote:Ian Rapoport @RapSheet  ·  8m 8 minutes ago
    Falcons initially blocked. RT @MikeSilver: Nice score for the Raiders: Mike Tice coming over from Falcons to coach o line...

fingers crossed
    Superman55
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Superman55 Fri 16 Jan 2015 - 17:37

NickSINYC wrote:
    football51 wrote:Ian Rapoport @RapSheet  ·  8m 8 minutes ago

fingers crossed

+2
    NickSINYC
    NickSINYC
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

Post by NickSINYC Fri 16 Jan 2015 - 21:35

Kimberly JonesVerified account
    ‏@KimJonesSports
    I'm told Lee has a favorable view of EJ Manuel. RT @RapSheet: The #Bills QB coach will be David Lee, most recently of #Jets under Rex Ryan.
    cysporsche
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by cysporsche Fri 16 Jan 2015 - 23:14

Daaaamn Doug Marrone went from Black Diamond to the bunny slope in a matter a weeks. He thought he was a shoe in for the Jets job, so he opted out in Buffalo, and mind end up without a job ! I bet his wife is pissed !

Go Jets...Cyborg
    SackExchange
    SackExchange

Post by SackExchange Sat 17 Jan 2015 - 9:12

cysporsche wrote:Daaaamn Doug Marrone went from Black Diamond to the bunny slope in a matter a weeks. He thought he was a shoe in for the Jets job, so he opted out in Buffalo, and mind end up without a job ! I bet his wife is pissed !

Go Jets...Cyborg
    She has four million reasons not to be pissed.
    cysporsche
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by cysporsche Sat 17 Jan 2015 - 11:38

SackExchange wrote:
    cysporsche wrote:Daaaamn Doug Marrone went from Black Diamond to the bunny slope in a matter a weeks. He thought he was a shoe in for the Jets job, so he opted out in Buffalo, and mind end up without a job ! I bet his wife is pissed !

Go Jets...Cyborg
    She has four million reasons not to be pissed.

LOL, She's already spent that 4 million, she's looking for the bigger prize, like what Rex just signed for in Buffalo ! Mallone might have made the biggest blunder by a HC ever ? He took the Bills to their first winning record @ 9-7 in years, the players, fans & new owners loved him, and he opts out of his deal because he wanted the Jets job. The grass is not always greener on the other side of the fence.

Go Jets...Cyborg
    GratefulJet
    GratefulJet
    Honorary Group Captain

Post by GratefulJet Sat 17 Jan 2015 - 12:46

I'm kinda with Cy on this. Marrone's wife isn't going to be a happy camper while he's sitting around the house all day drinking beer this summer and fall, and when she tells him to go find a job, he's gonna bark back "I got me four million reasons why I don't have to find a job!" 

Sounds like trouble brewing in paradise.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu 16 May 2024 - 0:30