Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A New Community for Jets Fans

+28
football51
Pointdexter
Superman55
AFA2017
jetsfanshanghai
WilliesDad
SackExchange
soj
Seaver
skop
GratefulJet
HYATT™
The Wicker Man
Sarge
Blindsidebrick
NYJETSDAN16
Atljet60
Old#15
NCgreen12
jamesfyo123
danfran
JohnnyBaseball
Metjetgal
hobson54
McJet
trico990
jetkwondo
lnap23
32 posters

Around the League (Non-Jets Specific News)

Superman55
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Around the League (Non-Jets Specific News) Empty Around the League (Non-Jets Specific News)

Post by Superman55 Tue 9 Sep 2014 - 11:09

Orakpo wants roughing the passer to be reviewable on replay

Posted by Michael David Smith on September 9, 2014, 10:21 AM EDT
    Orakpo
    AP
    When Washington lost on Sunday at Houston, the Texans’ game-clinching field goal was aided in part by a roughing the passer call for a hit that Jarvis Jenkins laid on Ryan Fitzpatrick. One of Jenkins’s teammates says it’s time to give those calls a closer look.

Washington linebacker Brian Orakpo said roughing the passer should be added to the list of calls reviewable on instant replay, as it can change the course of games and can be hard for referees to properly assess in real time.

“Maybe we should start reviewing those types of hits,” Orakpo said, via Matt Hammond of Sports Radio 610 in Houston. “Because those are real momentum type plays. Maybe we should review them and see where the target initially is.”

Orakpo said he didn’t think another roughing the passer call that benefited his own team, when Houston safety D.J. Swearinger hit Washington quarterback Robert Griffin III, should have been flagged either.

“Even the one for the Texans I thought wasn’t even a dirty hit,” Orakpo said.

Orakpo’s idea makes a lot of sense: If the purpose of replay is to get the calls right, why can’t coaches use one of their challenges on getting roughing the passer right? It’s a call that, in real time, referees often get wrong.
    Superman55
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Around the League (Non-Jets Specific News) Empty Re: Around the League (Non-Jets Specific News)

Post by Superman55 Tue 9 Sep 2014 - 16:56

Aaron Berry cut by Browns
    football51
    football51
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Around the League (Non-Jets Specific News) Empty Re: Around the League (Non-Jets Specific News)

Post by football51 Tue 9 Sep 2014 - 17:23

Ian Rapoport @RapSheet · 1h
    The #Bills were sold to the Pegula family for a price of approximately $1.4 billion, 2 sources say. That’s a record for an @NFL team.

Ian Rapoport @RapSheet · 3h
    #Bills officially announce sale of the team to the Pegula family, who is committed to Buffalo. Mary Wilson: “Ralph would have been pleased.”

Ian Rapoport @RapSheet · 7h
    Kim Pegula, Terry’s wife, will be heavily involved in the #Bills executive process, making many of the decisions, source says.

Superman55
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Superman55 Tue 9 Sep 2014 - 18:07

Lions talking to Champ Bailey
    Superman55
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Superman55 Tue 9 Sep 2014 - 21:19

Santana Moss surprised by first healthy scratch of career

Posted by Mike Florio on September 9, 2014, 8:56 PM EDT
    Santana
    AP
    The list of inactive players for Washington’s regular-season opener contained a surprising name: Receiver Santana Moss.

For Moss, the day marked a career first. He’d never before landed on the inactive list while healthy. On Sunday, he did.

Moss told Chad Dukes of 106.7 The Fan in D.C. that Moss first learned he wouldn’t suit up when he arrived at his locker and didn’t find a jersey in it.

“Honestly, man, it’s something that, you know, I’ve seen many guys that have dealt with this week in and week out, and I never knew what it felt like until I was a part of it,” Moss said.

Apparently, it wasn’t a shock.

“I really wasn’t told why, but I kind of knew,” Moss said. “I really wasn’t told, period, you know? But just being me and keeping calm and not trying to let the situation be about me – because it wasn’t about me. My thing is, I’m a part of this team, and it’s many guys that have to do that, come in on Sundays sometimes and they’re not up, because you might need another guy for this reason or that reason.”

Moss still wishes he’d been told those reasons before arriving at the stadium.

“It would have made me feel a little better about it, because if someone sat me down and said, ‘Hey, this is what’s going on,’ because, honestly, I wouldn’t have had a problem with it if anyone would have came and just told me straight out,” Moss said. “But I wasn’t told that way, so that’s why I said I didn’t want to make the situation more about me; I just wanted to let Sunday be Sunday, let us go out there and have the best chance we have to win, and then I ask questions later.”

The real question is whether Washington has opted to squat on Moss, hopeful that the Browns eventually will offer to trade for him. With limited options at receiver and with Moss well acquainted with Kyle Shanahan’s offense, Washington may be hoping that the phone eventually will ring.

Permalink 0 Comments Feed for comments
    Superman55
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Superman55 Wed 10 Sep 2014 - 6:22

Hey Roger, got your hands full with the Ray Rice situation, add this to your "to do" list to monitor:

Married Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones is in more trouble.
    A former stripper is suing the NFL magnate for an alleged sexual assault that took place in a hotel bathroom in June 2009 – the same night she snapped a series of racy photos that were leaked last month, according to reports.
    Oklahoma resident Jana Weckerly, 27, said the 71-year-old billionaire “forcibly” groped her, penetrated her privates with his fingers and made her watch while he received oral sex from another woman in a local hotel, according to the Dallas Morning News. Weckerly was told to keep her mouth shut “or else,” said the suit, which was published on Deadspin.
    The one-time exotic dancer is asking for more than $1 million in punitive damages, the Dallas Morning News reported. Her attorney, Thomas Bowers, told the newspaper his client is so distraught she had to enroll in counseling sessions and take medication as a result of the sexual assault.
    Modal TriggerThe lawsuit also claims that Jones forced Weckerly to sign an agreement that she wouldn’t tattle on him.
    Jones’ lawyer, Levi McCathern II, said the allegations are “completely false,” in a statement provided to the newspaper.
    “The legal complaint is unsupported by facts or evidence of any kind. This is nothing more than an attempt to embarrass and extort Jerry Jones. This is a money grab by a lawyer who is a solo practitioner just trying to make a name for himself. The alleged incidents would have been more than five years old.”
    “We intend to vigorously contest this complaint and expect it will be shown for what it is — a shakedown. Due to the seriousness of these baseless allegations, we have also involved law enforcement,” he added.
    Three photos from Jones’ wild night emerged in early September, after former Dallas resident Frank Hoover unleashed them on the Internet in a rambling manifesto. In one photograph, the Dallas coach cups a blonde’s breast – and in another a scantily-clad brunette poses with her head next to his crotch.
    Modal Trigger
    According to TMZ, Jerry Jones’ friend in this photo is Lindzie — a stripper from Houston.
    Photo: Twitter
    Jones claimed he was merely “misrepresented” in the photos.
    “Someone has misrepresented photos taken at a restaurant five years ago for their own purposes,” he told reporters last month. “I’m just not going to comment on it.”
    While Hoover claimed Weckerly was part of a sinister blackmail plot, Bowers said his client did snap the photos with her cell phone but never attempted to use them against the coach, Deadspin reported.
    Weckerly ran into Jones during a night on the town with two stripper friends, Bowers wrote in a press release. The businessman was a “friendly guy” at first, the release claims.
    A request for comment from Weckerly’s lawyer was not returned.
    cysporsche
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by cysporsche Wed 10 Sep 2014 - 11:13

Ryan Leaf was sentenced to 5 years in prison. What a waste of talent. Thank God the Jets did not draft him, we would have never heard the end of it.

Go Jets...Cyborg
    SackExchange
    SackExchange

Post by SackExchange Wed 10 Sep 2014 - 11:18

Leaf may be just about the biggest bust ever. Pretty close.
    Superman55
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Superman55 Fri 12 Sep 2014 - 13:35

Not a guy you want out vs AP

Patriots LB Jamie Collins not spotted at practice Friday

Posted by Mike Wilkening on September 12, 2014, 12:17 PM EDT
    Around the League (Non-Jets Specific News) Cd0ymzcznguwzdbhnduynddiytjhm2yyzthlmtjjotqwyyznpwywndlimjyyzdq0mjm4ymnhzju5yzi4mdy3zjk0ngyz-e1410538422886
    AP
    [size]
    A key Patriots defensive starter was not seen at practice early on Friday.
    According to Doug Kyed of NESN.com, linebackerJamie Collins (thigh) wasn’t present at the club’s workout.
    One of the Patriots’ first-team outside linebackers, Collins first appeared on the injury report Thursday. He was a limited participant in yesterday’s workout.
    The 25-year-old Collins recorded eight tackles in the Patriots’ season opening loss at Miami. A second-year pro from Southern Miss, Collins (6-3, 250) has very good speed. His presence would be very helpful against the Vikings’ strong ground game Sunday in Minneapolis.
    Darius Fleming is listed as the top backup to Collins on the Patriots’ depth chart.[/size]
    football51
    football51
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by football51 Fri 12 Sep 2014 - 17:33

lnap23
    Honorary Air Commander
    Honorary Air Commander

Post by lnap23 Fri 12 Sep 2014 - 17:49

I have such an inappropriate comment... geez I don't what's going on.  Ray Rice, Greg Hardy, Ray Macdonald, AP....

Enunawa is flying under the radar here.   Apparently his was not a GF, Wife, or kid. Does it make a difference?
    SackExchange
    SackExchange

Post by SackExchange Fri 12 Sep 2014 - 17:55

This is becoming an epidemic, and is awful for the league.
    NickSINYC
    NickSINYC
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

Post by NickSINYC Fri 12 Sep 2014 - 17:59

Reading through the article and the linked article within it I am still trying to figure out exactly what he is accused of doing
    NickSINYC
    NickSINYC
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

Post by NickSINYC Fri 12 Sep 2014 - 18:07

After doing a little research looks like it was for disciplining a different child then the one killed with a switch

According to Ian Rapoport of the NFL Network, Peterson's indictment "stems from the disciplining of a son with a switch." He adds that Peterson testified in front of a grand jury "weeks ago."
    football51
    football51
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by football51 Fri 12 Sep 2014 - 19:51

New NFL drug policy.

Around the League (Non-Jets Specific News) B058c29fd881d7644ec7066c372fadf3_normalIan Rapoport [ltr]@RapSheet[/ltr] · 39m
    [ltr]Sources: The @NFL’s proposed new drug policy that includes HGH testing has passed in a vote of @NFLPA player reps.[/ltr]

Around the League (Non-Jets Specific News) B058c29fd881d7644ec7066c372fadf3_normalIan Rapoport [ltr]@RapSheet[/ltr] · 37m
    [ltr]Of the voting @NFLPA reps, I am told no one voted against the new drug policy. Strong.[/ltr]

Around the League (Non-Jets Specific News) B058c29fd881d7644ec7066c372fadf3_normalIan Rapoport [ltr]@RapSheet[/ltr] · 32m
    [ltr]I am told the @NFLPA’s leaders including president Eric Winston spoke in support of the new policy before the vote. Brian Waters, too.[/ltr]

Around the League (Non-Jets Specific News) B058c29fd881d7644ec7066c372fadf3_normalIan Rapoport [ltr]@RapSheet[/ltr] · 26m
    [ltr]Players like Orlando Scandrick and Wes Welker can return to the field Sunday. But no practice all week, may not actually see the field[/ltr]

Around the League (Non-Jets Specific News) B058c29fd881d7644ec7066c372fadf3_normalIan Rapoport [ltr]@RapSheet[/ltr] · 2m
    [ltr]Under-the-radar name likely to receive a reduced suspension: #Ravens S Will Hill. They love his talent, may factor in soon.[/ltr]

NickSINYC
    NickSINYC
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

Post by NickSINYC Fri 12 Sep 2014 - 21:55

Around the League (Non-Jets Specific News) APLogo_Twitter_normalAP NFL [ltr]@AP_NFL[/ltr] · 3h
    [ltr]MORE: Vikings bench Peterson for Patriots game after child abuse indictment [size=0]http://apne.ws/1qL7zch  (@davecampbellAP) [/ltr][/size]
    Superman55
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Superman55 Sat 13 Sep 2014 - 7:33

NickSINYC wrote:Around the League (Non-Jets Specific News) APLogo_Twitter_normalAP NFL 

[ltr]@AP_NFL[/ltr]

· 3h

[ltr]MORE: Vikings bench Peterson for Patriots game after child abuse indictment http://apne.ws/1qL7zch  (@davecampbellAP) [/ltr]

I hate the Patriots.

After indictment, Adrian Peterson will not play Sunday

Posted by Michael David Smith on September 12, 2014, 6:51 PM EDT
    Around the League (Non-Jets Specific News) Peterson6
    Getty Images
    [size]
    Vikings running back Adrian Peterson will not play on Sunday against the Patriots after he was indicted on a charge of injury to a child.
    The Vikings announced the decision to deactivate Peterson on Friday, two hours after news broke that he had been indicted by a grand jury in Houston.
    The move comes during the same week that the NFL has come under withering criticism stemming from the video showing Ravens running back Ray Rice beating up his wife. The Ravens released Rice and the NFL suspended him indefinitely.
    It’s far too early to know whether the Vikings could release Peterson — a notion that would have been absolutely unthinkable a few hours ago — or whether the NFL could suspend him indefinitely. But in this week like no other in the NFL’s history, nothing can be ruled out.
    Meanwhile, other players accused of domestic violence, notably Panthers defensive lineman Greg Hardy and 49ers defensive lineman Ray McDonald, will play on Sunday. The Panthers and the 49ers have cited due process, saying it wouldn’t be fair to deactivate players before the legal system plays out. The Vikings have decided that some accusations are serious enough to warrant immediate action.[/size]
    SackExchange
    SackExchange

Post by SackExchange Sat 13 Sep 2014 - 13:07

All players leaguewide will now only face discipline the week before playing New England.
    football51
    football51
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by football51 Sat 13 Sep 2014 - 14:40

Around the League (Non-Jets Specific News) B058c29fd881d7644ec7066c372fadf3_normalIan Rapoport [ltr]@RapSheet[/ltr] · 1h
    [ltr]For #Rams star pass-rusher Robert Quinn, it’s a 4-year, $65.5M extension, source says. Monster[/ltr]

Around the League (Non-Jets Specific News) B058c29fd881d7644ec7066c372fadf3_normalIan Rapoport [ltr]@RapSheet[/ltr] · 55m
    [ltr]Robert Quinn is now the highest-paid player in #Rams history.[/ltr]

Around the League (Non-Jets Specific News) B058c29fd881d7644ec7066c372fadf3_normalIan Rapoport [ltr]@RapSheet[/ltr] · 38m
    [ltr]For Robert Quinn’s 4-year extension that pays him $41.2M guaranteed, the exact value is $65.6M… because it’s a palindrome #Rams #everytime[/ltr]

Around the League (Non-Jets Specific News) E56b62b5d1ba904ecd8a6211f9f94288_normalAndrew Brandt [ltr]@adbrandt[/ltr] · 1h
    [ltr]Robert Quinn the latest of stellar 2011 first round to be extended. Those watching/waiting include Cam, AJ, Julio, Wilkerson, etc[/ltr]
    football51
    football51
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by football51 Sat 13 Sep 2014 - 17:24

Around the League (Non-Jets Specific News) B058c29fd881d7644ec7066c372fadf3_normalIan Rapoport [ltr]@RapSheet[/ltr] · 2h
    [ltr]Turns out Robert Quinn’s extension is actually a new 6-year deal worth $65.6M total. Means new money is $14.2M per year (vs Watt’s $16.6M)[/ltr]
    jetkwondo
    Honorary Air Commander
    Honorary Air Commander

Post by jetkwondo Sun 14 Sep 2014 - 7:48

I hope if Collins is out or limited for the Pats that  rendeer has a big day. Looking forward to watching that game before we kick off.
    trico990
    Honorary Air Commander
    Honorary Air Commander

Post by trico990 Sun 14 Sep 2014 - 11:00

Kudos to Viking owners for deactivating AD in light of the child abuse charges............on the flip side a huge amount of SHAME to the Panthers brass which is allowing Hardy to play even though he IS convicted of domestic abuse!
    McJet
    Honorary Group Captain

Post by McJet Sun 14 Sep 2014 - 11:41

Not anymore. Hardy deactivated for todays game.
    trico990
    Honorary Air Commander
    Honorary Air Commander

Post by trico990 Sun 14 Sep 2014 - 11:47

McJet wrote:Not anymore. Hardy deactivated for todays game.

Thanks for the update Mc, guess they gave into the pressure!
    Superman55
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Superman55 Sun 14 Sep 2014 - 13:24

RG3 knocked out.

DJax looks awesome.  In comes Cousins.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon 29 Apr 2024 - 6:38