Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A New Community for Jets Fans

+28
football51
Pointdexter
Superman55
AFA2017
jetsfanshanghai
WilliesDad
SackExchange
soj
Seaver
skop
GratefulJet
HYATT™
The Wicker Man
Sarge
Blindsidebrick
NYJETSDAN16
Atljet60
Old#15
NCgreen12
jamesfyo123
danfran
JohnnyBaseball
Metjetgal
hobson54
McJet
trico990
jetkwondo
lnap23
32 posters

Around the League (Non-Jets Specific News)

Superman55
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Around the League (Non-Jets Specific News) - Page 14 Empty Re: Around the League (Non-Jets Specific News)

Post by Superman55 Sun 7 Dec 2014 - 19:01

NickSINYC wrote:Looks like the Raiders may actually win but that will just make another 2-11 teams that beats us with a tiebreakers come draft time

Agreed, but they have a winnable home game against Buffalo in 2 weeks. At KC is not out of teh question either next week if Carr plays anything like he's doing now (22-28 with 3 TDs).
    GratefulJet
    GratefulJet
    Honorary Group Captain

Around the League (Non-Jets Specific News) - Page 14 Empty Re: Around the League (Non-Jets Specific News)

Post by GratefulJet Mon 8 Dec 2014 - 0:24

NickSINYC wrote:Looks like the Raiders may actually win but that will just make another 2-11 teams that beats us with a tiebreakers come draft time

With respect to the draft, the first tie breaker is strength of schedule, and theirs is higher than ours, so we are actually ahead of the Raiders right now. Smile
    NickSINYC
    NickSINYC
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

Post by NickSINYC Mon 8 Dec 2014 - 1:26

GratefulJet wrote:

With respect to the draft, the first tie breaker is strength of schedule, and theirs is higher than ours, so we are actually ahead of the Raiders right now. Smile

I got that info awhile ago but thanks for the response
    Superman55
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Superman55 Mon 8 Dec 2014 - 7:47

Not that anyone wants to hear this, but Revis was Revis Island yesterday shutting down second year WR Kennan Allen.
    cysporsche
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by cysporsche Mon 8 Dec 2014 - 10:57

I would not be surprised to see Idzik go after Revis this off season to help get some of the pressure off ? I'd like to see Revis retire a Jet and teach Miliner a few things along the way.

Go Jets...Cyborg
    SackExchange
    SackExchange

Post by SackExchange Mon 8 Dec 2014 - 16:16

So, anyway...

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/12/08/tom-brady-blames-nbc-for-his-use-of-f-word/

When will Brady be facing a $100K fine from the league?
    Superman55
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Superman55 Mon 8 Dec 2014 - 18:13

cysporsche wrote:I would not be surprised to see Idzik go after Revis this off season to help get some of the pressure off ? I'd like to see Revis retire a Jet and teach Miliner a few things along the way.

Go Jets...Cyborg

Woody wants no part of him.
    jetsfanshanghai
    jetsfanshanghai
    Honorary Test Pilot
    Honorary Test Pilot

Post by jetsfanshanghai Mon 8 Dec 2014 - 23:50

SackExchange wrote:So, anyway...

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/12/08/tom-brady-blames-nbc-for-his-use-of-f-word/

When will Brady be facing a $100K fine from the league?

I thought there was a clause in the CBA which negates any/all fines happening to NE as a team or its players, coach's or staff in general....... tongue
    AFA2017
    Navigator
    Navigator

Post by AFA2017 Tue 9 Dec 2014 - 5:32

That will be a new rule added in to the Brady rule retroactive till before it happened!
    cysporsche
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by cysporsche Tue 9 Dec 2014 - 13:28

I never want anyone to ever get hurt, but Cam Newton QB/Panthers was involved in a bad car accident this morning in Charlotte. His truck over turned and he was taken away in an ambulance.

If Cam can't play Sunday, maybe the Buc's can beat the Panthers, which would knock them out of the #1 spot in the draft currently. Go Buc's !

Go Jets...Cyborg
    NYJETSDAN16
    NYJETSDAN16
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by NYJETSDAN16 Tue 9 Dec 2014 - 14:41

cysporsche wrote:I never want anyone to ever get hurt, but Cam Newton QB/Panthers was involved in a bad car accident this morning in Charlotte. His truck over turned and he was taken away in an ambulance.

If Cam can't play Sunday, maybe the Buc's can beat the Panthers, which would knock them out of the #1 spot in the draft currently. Go Buc's !

Go Jets...Cyborg

Every thing you said i completley agree with you. The thought came across my mind as well.
    football51
    football51
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by football51 Tue 9 Dec 2014 - 16:23

Joe Caporoso @TurnOnTheJets · Dec 7
    #Cardinals are down to backups, 3rd stringers and guys off the street all over roster and still winning. Coaching staff is terrific.
    cysporsche
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by cysporsche Tue 9 Dec 2014 - 16:58

cysporsche wrote:I never want anyone to ever get hurt, but Cam Newton QB/Panthers was involved in a bad car accident this morning in Charlotte. His truck over turned and he was taken away in an ambulance.

Go Jets...Cyborg

More serious than I thought, Cam is being kept overnight in the Hospital. Hope he's OK, but can't play against the Buc's.

Go Jets...Cyborg
    NYJETSDAN16
    NYJETSDAN16
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by NYJETSDAN16 Tue 9 Dec 2014 - 17:22

cysporsche wrote:

Go Jets...Cyborg

More serious than I thought, Cam is being kept overnight in the Hospital. Hope he's OK, but can't play against the Buc's.

Go Jets...Cyborg

The Panther medical staff must take full precautions and should not allow Cam to start this week. That being said, Derek Anderson has played some good ball in his past though he is no Newton. They do have a formidable WR core with Cotchery, Benjamin and Olsen at Tight end.

I honestly hope the Bucs can take full advantage of this opportunity to win the game so that we may move in front of them in the draft positions.

Just hope we do our part and Lose against Tennessee, who will start Jake Locker. A QB that has an itch to get back into this league as a starter. Locker has a tremendous chance to showcase his talents to other clubs once he becomes a free agent next off season.
    football51
    football51
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by football51 Tue 9 Dec 2014 - 17:34

NYJETSDAN16 wrote:
    cysporsche wrote:

Go Jets...Cyborg

Go Jets...Cyborg

The Panther medical staff must take full precautions and should not allow Cam to start this week. That being said, Derek Anderson has played some good ball in his past though he is no Newton.  They do have a formidable WR core with Cotchery, Benjamin and Olsen at Tight end.

I honestly hope the Bucs can take full advantage of this opportunity to win the game so that we may move in front of them in the draft positions.

Just hope we do our part and Lose against Tennessee, who will start Jake Locker. A QB that has an itch to get back into this league as a starter.  Locker has a tremendous chance to showcase his talents to other clubs once he becomes a free agent next off season.

Dan, Chris Johnson is going to treat sunday like his Super Bowl. Rex will make him the solo captain for the game, and he'll get 20 carries/25+ touches. I think we're going to win this one.
    NYJETSDAN16
    NYJETSDAN16
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by NYJETSDAN16 Tue 9 Dec 2014 - 17:41

football51 wrote:
    NYJETSDAN16 wrote:
    cysporsche wrote:

Go Jets...Cyborg

Go Jets...Cyborg

The Panther medical staff must take full precautions and should not allow Cam to start this week. That being said, Derek Anderson has played some good ball in his past though he is no Newton.  They do have a formidable WR core with Cotchery, Benjamin and Olsen at Tight end.

Just hope we do our part and Lose against Tennessee, who will start Jake Locker. A QB that has an itch to get back into this league as a starter.  Locker has a tremendous chance to showcase his talents to other clubs once he becomes a free agent next off season.

Dan, Chris Johnson is going to treat sunday like his Super Bowl. Rex will make him the solo captain for the game, and he'll get 20 carries/25+ touches. I think we're going to win this one.

Chris Johnson can be as motivated as he wants, the O-line has absolutley no motivation to play as long as Geno Smith is under center.  Johnson can break one for 50yards only to have Geno'cide throw a pick six.
    The team had their heart and any ounce of life sucked out of it once management forced Geno to start over Vick two weeks ago.
    Not that we had a chance to do anything with it, but the team was looking for more wins just to make the most out of the season.  With Geno at the helm, the team is dead.

On the oppositeside of the Tennessee field there's a QB that actually gives his team an excellent chance to win the ball game.  Jake Locker tore Rex's defense apart last season and hopefully, HOPEFULLY he has an encore performance this Sunday king

I'am sorry i just can't live with having Geno Smith on this team any more. In all the years i've been a Jets fan i have never rooted so hard for my beloved team to lose. Then this horibble Browning Nagle 2.0 came and destroyed any love i had for this club. Right from the start i just had a feeling he was never the right guy for our team.
    The guy loses a game then 2 days later he's posing with Ja-Z at some fucntion, misses meetings, curses hometown fans and continues to not give teammates any belief that he's maturing as an NFL QB.
    I honestly can't wait for him to be off the team so that some one else can wear that jersey number. A number i grew up rooting for as that player did give his heart and soul to the team every time he stepped onto the pitch, Kenny O.
    Superman55
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Superman55 Wed 10 Dec 2014 - 7:59

football51 wrote:
    NYJETSDAN16 wrote:
    cysporsche wrote:

Go Jets...Cyborg

Go Jets...Cyborg

51 - this is what's going to happen. I'm starting to be fine with that. I'm not 100% sold on these QBs. It may turn out for the best (just like not drafting Bush or Lienart and ending up with Brick when Miller returned that KO for a TD to beat Oakland, I think that happens again this year and this leads to us falling and drafting OL, CB, or OlB).
    Sarge
    Sarge
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Sarge Wed 10 Dec 2014 - 9:25

I'll be at the game in my Mo Wilkerson jersey. I'll try to post a pic or 2 if I can
    cysporsche
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by cysporsche Wed 10 Dec 2014 - 11:59

Sarge wrote:I'll be at the game in my Mo Wilkerson jersey.  I'll try to post a pic or 2 if I can

You might be the only Jet fan in the stands ? What my TN buddy is telling me, fans there have given up as well, so you might be the only fan in the stands.

Go Jets...Cyborg
    football51
    football51
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by football51 Thu 11 Dec 2014 - 19:53

Albert Breer @AlbertBreer · Dec 10
    NFL owners and executives were given the projected cap for 2015 today: $138.6 million.

The NFL's projected 2015 salary cap of $138.6 million would be -- and it's not final yet -- an increase of $5.6 million over the 2014 cap.

Important to remember too that at this league meeting last year, the cap was projected at $126.3 million. Wound up being $133 million.
    Superman55
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Superman55 Fri 12 Dec 2014 - 7:32

I love Gus Bradley.  He's on Sirius and they asked him about coaching a young team.  He said, "Guys, we're over 10-11 games into the season, we're all men, and we're all competitors.  We're losing games because of dropped balls, penalties, and inconsistencies.  We felt good going into the half last game because we're coming out to a second have with the ball and some momementum.  We come out of the half and spring some runs, Marqise Lee makes an explosive play, and we follow it up with a drop, a big penalty, and a punt.  We sucked the air out of the football.  Consistency breeds credibility, and we need to play a consistent brand of football. You have to make plays when they're presented to you, and we're not doing that consistently."
    hobson54
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by hobson54 Fri 12 Dec 2014 - 9:23

Gus Bradley may turn out to be a decent coach. but in a league where your record counts for most, he is 4-12, 2-11. i doubt many jets fans would be loving this record...
    Superman55
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Superman55 Fri 12 Dec 2014 - 9:45

hobson54 wrote:Gus Bradley may turn out to be a decent coach.  but in a league where your record counts for most, he is 4-12, 2-11.  i doubt many jets fans would be loving this record...

That's fine.

He has a rookie QB, a rookie #1, 2, and #3 WR (Robinson, Hurns, and Lee, and Shorts will probably walk in FA), no running game...but they have direction.

That, to me, is more important than Ws and Ls.

We have no direction and no Ws...

Jags have a future. You will see, young man. They are a team on the rise...

Watch the Vikings also, Zimmer is a very good HC. They are 6-7 w/o AP playing in that division.

They also have...direction.

No one is saying his name, but if the Skins part with Jay Gruden...he'd be top 5 on my list, maybe top 3. Another guy that knows what he's about and how to get there.
    hobson54
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by hobson54 Fri 12 Dec 2014 - 10:12

it seems the direction they have is losing.  they are in a crappy division and have 2 wins.  and that's after winning 4 games last year in the same crappy division.  

sure, they may have a QB in bortles.  or not.  still too early to tell.  i do like their young WRs so won't argue there.  is this what makes bradley a genius?

maybe what you want is for the jets to win 5 games, 2 games, 4 games and 2 games in the next 4 years, so we can draft at the top of the draft for 4 years running and stockpile some young talent.  sure they have some nice young players.  helps to suck for a long-time running and stockpile high draft picks.

as to jay gruden, i just don't get the love for the guy.  he had one pretty good season (last year) as an OC.  otherwise, the bengals offense was pretty mediocre the 2 years before that and his team is an unmitigated disaster this year.  now it's not all his fault.  the redskins had major issues long before he showed up.  but why do so many people have a man-crush on jay gruden (not directly solely at you 55, i've seen people on the michigan board saying they too wouldn't mind him). i just don't get the love.
    football51
    football51
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by football51 Fri 12 Dec 2014 - 15:43

Long but good read on the rapid decline of the Saints and the dangers with manipulating the cap to go all in.

http://grantland.com/the-triangle/new-orleans-saints-salary-cap/

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed 15 May 2024 - 5:00