Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A New Community for Jets Fans

+28
football51
Pointdexter
Superman55
AFA2017
jetsfanshanghai
WilliesDad
SackExchange
soj
Seaver
skop
GratefulJet
HYATT™
The Wicker Man
Sarge
Blindsidebrick
NYJETSDAN16
Atljet60
Old#15
NCgreen12
jamesfyo123
danfran
JohnnyBaseball
Metjetgal
hobson54
McJet
trico990
jetkwondo
lnap23
32 posters

Around the League (Non-Jets Specific News)

Old#15
    Honorary Air Commander
    Honorary Air Commander

Around the League (Non-Jets Specific News) - Page 8 Empty Re: Around the League (Non-Jets Specific News)

Post by Old#15 Sun 2 Nov 2014 - 16:50

Nice to see Revis getting picked-on.
    Superman55
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Around the League (Non-Jets Specific News) - Page 8 Empty Re: Around the League (Non-Jets Specific News)

Post by Superman55 Sun 2 Nov 2014 - 20:21

Kaepernick not exactly looking like a $100 million dollar QB losing at home today 13-10...
    Sarge
    Sarge
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Sarge Sun 2 Nov 2014 - 21:05

My boy Demeco Ryans is out for the season. He was a great High School and College LB and a very good NFL player
    Superman55
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Superman55 Sun 2 Nov 2014 - 21:14

Panthers crashing and burning. They were an easy pick as a team that made the play-offs last year that wouldn't this year. Oline stinks and defense was overrated.

football51
    football51
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by football51 Sun 2 Nov 2014 - 22:35

This guy is such a loser.

· Manish Mehta @MMehtaNYDN 1m 1 minute ago

Sanchise... as in Franchise RT @AdamSchefter Eagles QB Nick Foles broke collarbone, as @TheRealDGunnCSN reported. Sidelined indefinitely

SackExchange
    SackExchange

Post by SackExchange Mon 3 Nov 2014 - 13:06

ARGH!!!

These frickin' Jets haters are RIDICULOUS!!!

When Sanchez was here, if he had a 15-22 day with 2 TDs and 2 INTs, he would have been BASHED! MERCILESSLY! The only thing that would have mattered would have been his two picks!

Now that he is gone from the Jets and our own QB situation is still awful, that same performance is great, and Sanchez "stars" for the Eagles.

Honestly, this is as angry as I've ever been on this board, because this is just total BS. 

I hate these people. It is no longer about them being unprofessional. I hate them.
    cysporsche
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by cysporsche Mon 3 Nov 2014 - 16:47

Keep an eye on Carlos Fields LB who was just signed to the Colts practice squad. When I watched the Wake-Forest combines, this kid really stood out to me. He's 6'2"/240 and ran a 4.4. He led the CIAA in sacks & tackles, and to think not one member of the Jets attended this combine ? 22 other teams at tented, but no one from the Jets ? And we wonder why we suck in the draft. You can't scout players from Jersey.

Go Jets...Cyborg
    Superman55
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Superman55 Mon 3 Nov 2014 - 16:56

cysporsche wrote:Keep an eye on Carlos Fields LB who was just signed to the Colts practice squad. When I watched the Wake-Forest combines, this kid really stood out to me. He's 6'2"/240 and ran a 4.4. He led the CIAA in sacks & tackles, and to think not one member of the Jets attended this combine ? 22 other teams at tented, but no one from the Jets ? And we wonder why we suck in the draft. You can't scout players from Jersey.

Go Jets...Cyborg

If Idzik doesn't fire Bradway and his entire staff, I'll have even bigger concerns in our direction.
    Blindsidebrick
    Honorary Wing Commander
    Honorary Wing Commander

Post by Blindsidebrick Mon 3 Nov 2014 - 21:11

SackExchange wrote:ARGH!!!

These frickin' Jets haters are RIDICULOUS!!!

When Sanchez was here, if he had a 15-22 day with 2 TDs and 2 INTs, he would have been BASHED! MERCILESSLY! The only thing that would have mattered would have been his two picks!

Now that he is gone from the Jets and our own QB situation is still awful, that same performance is great, and Sanchez "stars" for the Eagles.

Honestly, this is as angry as I've ever been on this board, because this is just total BS. 

I hate these people. It is no longer about them being unprofessional. I hate them.

Don't you see? Mehta and the Gang always get to be right.

When Sanchez was with the Jets, it was "circus" and "buttfumble" and all kinds of mockery from the media. The Jets paid too much to acquire Sanchez. The pick set us back years, according to the know-it-all's.

And now he has one decent game in another uniform, and all the jokers in the media and fan base resort to cheap shots at our team for supposedly letting go of a good QB, who just months ago was garbage in everybody's eyes.

You get the satisfaction of having it both ways!
    football51
    football51
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by football51 Tue 4 Nov 2014 - 11:06

from sunday night.

Studs.............

Joe Caporoso @TurnOnTheJets · Nov 2
    Pittsburgh is starting Brice McCain and William Gay at CB tonight

cysporsche
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by cysporsche Tue 4 Nov 2014 - 11:39

Superman55 wrote:Panthers crashing and burning.  They were an easy pick as a team that made the play-offs last year that wouldn't this year.  Oline stinks and defense was overrated.

In defense of the Panthers, they lost all their starting WR's to free agency. On that note, how many times did I say on the Scout board that Brandon LaFell WR might be a good cheap free agent pick-up for us ? He has turned out to be a stud with the Patriots.

Also, the 2nd best player (behind Cam) Hardy DE who led the NFL in sacks is still getting paid $757K every game to sit @ home, which has killed their cap and team morale.

Plus they have 3 All-Pro RB's / FB's (Williams, Stewart & Tolbert) that have virtually been injured all season. Luck has not been kind to the Panthers.

Go Jets...Cyborg
    Old#15
    Honorary Air Commander
    Honorary Air Commander

Post by Old#15 Tue 4 Nov 2014 - 11:54

Wonder if Giants fans are funding a 'Fire the GM' billboard after wasting all that cap money on Thurmond and DRC and not drafting a couple more CBs because Prince is out for the season.

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/giants/post/_/id/39998/giants-secondary-suddenly-looks-weak
    Superman55
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Superman55 Tue 4 Nov 2014 - 13:32

Franchise QB RG3 still struggling...to lead...

By Tom Carpenter | ESPN Insider
    00COMMENTS0EMAILPRINT
    The Washington Redskins slipped to 3-6 after losing 29-26 Sunday to the Minnesota Vikings, despite Robert Griffin III's return to action. Most of the rumors surrounding the team of late have had to do with off-field issues, including reports of players making a ruckus in the locker room when RG III spoke to reporters and that it wasn't coach Jay Gruden who made the call to reinsert RG III as the starter.

These issues continue to create problems throughout the team.

In the eyes of the Washington Post's Jason Reid, "the franchise continues to be crippled by the leadership vacuum in the locker room, which is among the biggest hurdles Coach Jay Gruden faces in his attempt to rebuild the team.

Reid gave another example of Washington's leadership void.

"About a month ago, the Redskins were way too upbeat just minutes after losing for the 12th time in 13 games," he noted. "Privately, some players have expressed concerns over the lack of focus demonstrated by some top-of-the-depth-chart veterans in practice and meetings. For a 3-6 team in last place in the NFC East at its bye week, the Redskins don’t appear to be serious about trying to turn around their season, at least not in the presence of outsiders."

Reid added that he doesn't expect things to change until the offseason, when Washington should make major roster changes.

"Every coach needs partners in the locker room to spread his message and keep the group on the right course. The rudderless Redskins keep following the wrong one," Reid wrote.

"Expect the hijinks to continue until Gruden cleans house and replaces the pranksters with better players — and rock-solid leaders — who understand what it means to be professional. Until then, the joke’s on the Redskins."

Fractured locker rooms that lack leadership almost always plummet into the abyss, so it will be interesting to see whether someone will be able to right the ship for Washington during the second half of the season.
    football51
    football51
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by football51 Tue 4 Nov 2014 - 14:49

That's what happens when injuries( and an AWOL CB Mad ) deplete your depth. They need to fire someone.

Joe Caporoso @TurnOnTheJets · 36m 36 minutes ago
    For all their spending this offseason, the #Giants could be starting Jayron Hosley and Zach Bowman at CB this week in Seattle #NFL

Superman55
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Superman55 Tue 4 Nov 2014 - 15:07

football51 wrote:That's what happens when injuries( and an AWOL CB Mad ) deplete your depth. They need to fire someone.

Joe Caporoso @TurnOnTheJets  ·  36m 36 minutes ago
    For all their spending this offseason, the #Giants could be starting Jayron Hosley and Zach Bowman at CB this week in Seattle #NFL

...Giants have more than 1 win...which is likely all we'll have when the season ends.

However, our issues started week 1, not week 10 at CB. The Giants didn't enter the season with bar tenders at CB like we did...
    football51
    football51
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by football51 Tue 4 Nov 2014 - 15:15

Superman55 wrote:
    football51 wrote:That's what happens when injuries( and an AWOL CB Mad ) deplete your depth. They need to fire someone.

...Giants have more than 1 win...which is likely all we'll have when the season ends.

However, our issues started week 1, not week 10 at CB.  The Giants didn't enter the season with bar tenders at CB like we did...

Well, apparently Idzik's stalker didn't think much of the Giants because he posted this after our loss to the Pats.

Manish Mehta @MMehtaNYDN · Oct 20
    Despite the records, I still think the Jets are a better team than the Giants through seven weeks. By a smidge. #nyj

we all know that cb is an issue, but the one win is on the coaching staff. We've let 3-4 wins get away because of coaching.

You don't think we'll beat the Vikings and the Titans? Heck, after the bye, we might beat the Bills unless Rex takes the team to Dave and Busters again like he did last year coming off the bye.

Superman55
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Superman55 Tue 4 Nov 2014 - 15:33

football51 wrote:
    Superman55 wrote:

However, our issues started week 1, not week 10 at CB.  The Giants didn't enter the season with bar tenders at CB like we did...

Well, apparently Idzik's stalker didn't think much of the Giants because he posted this after our loss to the Pats.

Despite the records, I still think the Jets are a better team than the Giants through seven weeks. By a smidge. #nyj

we all know that cb is an issue, but the one win is on the coaching staff. We've let 3-4 wins get away because of coaching.

You don't think we'll beat the Vikings and the Titans? Heck, after the bye, we might beat the Bills unless Rex takes the team to Dave and Busters again like he did last year coming off the bye.

Here we go with blaming everything on one area again. I thought if we just replaced Geno we'd be fine. Now if we just replaced Rex we're a 12 win team. confused

Have you seen Rex coached teams after the bye week? No, the Bills will squash us easy and the Titans game will be a close loss, IMO.

Predicting us to win a game is like predicting the Raiders to win a game. Can they win by accident? Sure. Would I predict it? Never. We shouldn't be favored the rest of the season, IMO, and if we faced the Raiders again at home, I'd predict a 24-13 win for the Raiders.
    football51
    football51
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by football51 Tue 4 Nov 2014 - 15:41

Superman55 wrote:
    football51 wrote:
    Superman55 wrote:

Here we go with blaming everything on one area again.  I thought if we just replaced Geno we'd be fine.  Now if we just replaced Rex we're a 12 win team.  confused

Have you seen Rex coached teams after the bye week?  No, the Bills will squash us easy and the Titans game will be a close loss, IMO.  

Predicting us to win a game is like predicting the Raiders to win a game.  Can they win by accident?  Sure.  Would I predict it?  Never.  We shouldn't  be favored the rest of the season, IMO, and if we faced the Raiders again at home, I'd predict a 24-13 win for the Raiders.

One extreme or another No . I said we'd have 3-4 more wins than we do now. Geno would've been the beneficiary of those wins. I never blamed him. I do blame the area that's been doing the same thing for almost six years though.
    NickSINYC
    NickSINYC
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

Post by NickSINYC Tue 4 Nov 2014 - 15:51

Superman55 wrote:

JMO but I think if Coughlin was coaching the Jets with the same players we would have more than 1 win also
    football51
    football51
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by football51 Tue 4 Nov 2014 - 17:29

Brian Costello @BrianCoz · 51s 51 seconds ago
    Seahawks signed WR Jalen Saunders, a 4th-round pick of the Jets, to their practice squad, per source #nyj
    Superman55
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Superman55 Tue 4 Nov 2014 - 18:06

NickSINYC wrote:
    Superman55 wrote:

JMO but I think if Coughlin was coaching the Jets with the same players we would have more than 1 win also

Yes, we'd probably have 3. It would take a 2 time super bowl winning coach to get this craptastic roster to 3 wins...agreed.

Not sure that is making a strong case. Maybe Bill Walsh could get us to 4-4...does that make you feel better about how this team is constructed...that it would take some of the greatest coaches of all time to...get us to .500?
    Superman55
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Superman55 Wed 5 Nov 2014 - 7:22

Reports are the Rams to move again, likely back to LA.
    football51
    football51
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by football51 Wed 5 Nov 2014 - 16:02

NY Jets beat writer Manish Mehta is covering Eagles practice today because of Mark Sanchez. I'm sure he's working on a big story to bash the Jets.

Manish Mehta @MMehtaNYDN · 4h 4 hours ago
    Eagles QB Mark Sanchez beginning his first practice as Philly starter

Around the League (Non-Jets Specific News) - Page 8 B1sbvsnIcAAgIhP

Manish Mehta @MMehtaNYDN · 3h 3 hours ago
    Mark Sanchez, starter for a first-place team:

Around the League (Non-Jets Specific News) - Page 8 B1se-EiIQAAwo7Z

Manish Mehta @MMehtaNYDN · 2h 2 hours ago
    Mark Sanchez: "I like to think I've grown... I know I have."

Jeremy Maclin on Sanchez: "Mark can play, man.".... Says Sanchez surrounded by "a lot of more talent" than with Jets. #nyj

Eagles WR Jordan Matthews on Mark Sanchez: "He's a franchise quarterback."

I guess Maclin doesn't think Thomas Jones, Leon Washington, LT, Braylon Edwards, Holmes, Mangold, Faneca, Ferguson, Woody, Moore, Tony Richardson, Keller, etc are too impressive even though they carried Sanchez to back to back AFC championship games. This garbage journalism needs to stop.

football51
    football51
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by football51 Wed 5 Nov 2014 - 16:04

Very unfortunate.

Kimberley A. Martin @KMart_LI · 18m 18 minutes ago
    So sad RT @David_C_Steele: 49ers' Lattimore retires from NFL at 23; knee injuries too much to overcome http://dlvr.it/7QtCLj

Superman55
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Superman55 Wed 5 Nov 2014 - 16:05

With all that talent, and not playing a full game...he still threw 2 INTs last week. They wont be the first place Eagles for long. This story will run its course.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed 15 May 2024 - 8:25