Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A New Community for Jets Fans

+28
football51
Pointdexter
Superman55
AFA2017
jetsfanshanghai
WilliesDad
SackExchange
soj
Seaver
skop
GratefulJet
HYATT™
The Wicker Man
Sarge
Blindsidebrick
NYJETSDAN16
Atljet60
Old#15
NCgreen12
jamesfyo123
danfran
JohnnyBaseball
Metjetgal
hobson54
McJet
trico990
jetkwondo
lnap23
32 posters

Around the League (Non-Jets Specific News)

football51
    football51
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Around the League (Non-Jets Specific News) - Page 9 Empty Re: Around the League (Non-Jets Specific News)

Post by football51 Wed 5 Nov 2014 - 18:07

Ian Rapoport @RapSheet · 2h 2 hours ago
    Veterans clearly behind it. RT @McClain_on_NFL: New Texans starting QB Ryan Mallett: 'I got a lot of fist bumps' http://blog.chron.com/ultimatetexans/2014/11/new-texans-starting-qb-ryan-mallett-i-got-a-lot-of-fist-
    danfran
    danfran
    Co-Pilot
    Co-Pilot

Around the League (Non-Jets Specific News) - Page 9 Empty Re: Around the League (Non-Jets Specific News)

Post by danfran Thu 6 Nov 2014 - 6:26

Superman55 wrote:Reports are the Rams to move again, likely back to LA.
    never should have moved from there. To me, they'll always be the LA Rams.
    Superman55
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Superman55 Thu 6 Nov 2014 - 6:56

Greg Cosell very interesting stuff on Sanchez this Am and feels the tape doesn't show as positive as his stat sheet.  He pointed out Sanchez threw 2 INTs and had 2 more INTs dropped in the 3rd quarter.

He pointed out while Chip's system is "QB friendly," you still have to get the ball to the right guy at the right time and Sanchez still struggled with that.  He isn't a Sanchez believer and is very much in a wait and see mode with him.

He also pointed out Foles is not a Chip Kelly guy and doesn't fit what he's trying to do.  Won't be surprised if he's not an Eagle next year.
    Superman55
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Superman55 Fri 7 Nov 2014 - 6:51

Sure looks like Pettine is a better HC than Rex. Still early, but interesting.
    Superman55
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Superman55 Fri 7 Nov 2014 - 7:13

Andy Dalton with the worst QBR since 1983 and worst completion % since 1992.

That was worse than any QB performance since 92, worse than anything Jamarcus Russel, Tebow, or Gabbert ever had...and he's their franchise.
    Superman55
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Superman55 Fri 7 Nov 2014 - 7:17

Cleveland wins first road division game last night since...2008...
    cysporsche
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by cysporsche Fri 7 Nov 2014 - 11:07

Superman55 wrote:Andy Dalton with the worst QBR since 1983 and worst completion % since 1992.

That was worse than any QB performance since 92, worse than anything Jamarcus Russel, Tebow, or Gabbert ever had...and he's their franchise.

Dalton the 100 million dollar QB looked terrible and he can't blame it on not having enough weapons (Greene & Sanu) ? I bet the fans in Cincinnati are a little riled up this morning !

Go Jets...Cyborg
    football51
    football51
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by football51 Fri 7 Nov 2014 - 12:41

Superman55 wrote:Cleveland wins first road division game last night since...2008...

And they're doing it without Gordon and without a stud qb. Look at their skill players.

Cleveland Receiving
    REC YDS AVG TD LG TGTS
    M. Austin 5 48 9.6 0 16 6
    G. Barnidge 2 46 23.0 0 28 4
    T. Benjamin 3 46 15.3 0 22 5
    T. Gabriel 3 31 10.3 0 18 5
    B. Tate 2 27 13.5 0 23 2
    Team 15 198 13.2 0 28 22

Last edited by football51 on Fri 7 Nov 2014 - 18:46; edited 1 time in total
    Superman55
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Superman55 Fri 7 Nov 2014 - 18:40

Cleveland is reportedly in negotiations for a contract extension with Hoyer who is 9-3 as a starter.
    GratefulJet
    GratefulJet
    Honorary Group Captain

Post by GratefulJet Fri 7 Nov 2014 - 18:53

Superman55 wrote:Cleveland is reportedly in negotiations for a contract extension with Hoyer who is 9-3 as a starter.

Ugh. That means you-know-who is available. Start up that rumor mill!
    Hunter07
    Navigator
    Navigator

Post by Hunter07 Fri 7 Nov 2014 - 20:43

Hey, - c'mon - hopefully Hoyer stays in Cleveland ... don't want him back in the AFC-East.
    GratefulJet
    GratefulJet
    Honorary Group Captain

Post by GratefulJet Sat 8 Nov 2014 - 9:42

I was referring to Johnny Football being made available in trade, and someone like Woody going for it, after the Tebow fiasco.
    danfran
    danfran
    Co-Pilot
    Co-Pilot

Post by danfran Sat 8 Nov 2014 - 14:02

GratefulJet wrote:
    Superman55 wrote:Cleveland is reportedly in negotiations for a contract extension with Hoyer who is 9-3 as a starter.

Ugh. That means you-know-who is available. Start up that rumor mill!
    Not buying it. It's just as good to let Manziel sit for 2 years behind Hoyer and watch. Cannot see them jettisoning Manziel, unless maybe offered a high 1st rounder. (Jets?)
    football51
    football51
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by football51 Sat 8 Nov 2014 - 16:33

Braylon Edwards still trying to stay relevant. Sanchez was 22 when we drafted him but I guess Braylon had to shave a couple of years off to make his story better.

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/11840873/mark-sanchez-was-babied-new-york-jets-former-teammate-braylon-edwards-says
    GratefulJet
    GratefulJet
    Honorary Group Captain

Post by GratefulJet Mon 10 Nov 2014 - 21:28

Sanchez has Eagles up 24-7 early in the 2nd period. Actually, Sproles does, and Sanchez is contributing. 7 of 13, 129 yards, 1 TD. Nice first half for Mark, and it ain't over yet.
    GratefulJet
    GratefulJet
    Honorary Group Captain

Post by GratefulJet Mon 10 Nov 2014 - 21:30

Whose offense looks better: Kelly's with Sanchez or Marty's with Vick?
    HYATT™
    HYATT™
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by HYATT™ Tue 11 Nov 2014 - 5:21

GratefulJet wrote:Whose offense looks better: Kelly's with Sanchez or Marty's with Vick?
    Are you asking which hog-faced 2-tonne Tessie Jets fans want to put 2 bags over the head of, (in case one falls off when she accidentally runs into her own butt), and screw in a pitch black closet in the back of a tranny biker bar?

Extending Hoyer at anything more than backup money will turn out just like extending Red Dalton did in CIN.
    The Brown family has gotten better at drafting over the past 5 years but they are still far from a Professional GM run team & prone to make the colossal mistake from time to time.
    HYATT™ thinks they are in the market for a new QB already too.
    GratefulJet
    GratefulJet
    Honorary Group Captain

Post by GratefulJet Tue 11 Nov 2014 - 6:25

All I'm saying is, 20/37, 332 yards, 9.0 YPA, 2 TD, 0 INT...102.5 Passer rating....all of that would look pretty good around here. It was Mark's first start as an Eagle. If that doesn't tell you the difference is coaching, I don't know what does. Read all the Phillie player comments after the game. The common theme, the word they all use: "preparation".  These guys all watch film, but somehow the better coaches manage to draw sound conclusions and develop a good gameplan. It help to have good players to throw to, but I don't think ours are complete garbage.  Chip Kelly is turning out to be one of those coaches deserving of the Bum Phillips aphorism: he can beat you with his players, then switch sides and beat you with yours. Rex is looking more and more like the other coach in that deal.

[I believe the Phillips quip is better told along the lines of "he can take his'n and whup yur'n, then take yur'n and whup ya against his'n."    ]
    Old#15
    Honorary Air Commander
    Honorary Air Commander

Post by Old#15 Tue 11 Nov 2014 - 7:12

GratefulJet wrote:All I'm saying is, 20/37, 332 yards, 9.0 YPA, 2 TD, 0 INT...102.5 Passer rating....all of that would look pretty good around here. It was Mark's first start as an Eagle. If that doesn't tell you the difference is coaching, I don't know what does. Read all the Phillie player comments after the game. The common theme, the word they all use: "preparation".  These guys all watch film, but somehow the better coaches manage to draw sound conclusions and develop a good gameplan. It help to have good players to throw to, but I don't think ours are complete garbage.  Chip Kelly is turning out to be one of those coaches deserving of the Bum Phillips aphorism: he can beat you with his players, then switch sides and beat you with yours. Rex is looking more and more like the other coach in that deal.

[I believe the Phillips quip is better told along the lines of "he can take his'n and whup yur'n, then take yur'n and whup ya against his'n."    ]

It has only been one + games for Sanchez in Philly, but I tend to agree about the coaching part. I like Sanchez and hope he continues to do well.
    skop
    Navigator
    Navigator

Post by skop Tue 11 Nov 2014 - 9:43

Old#15 wrote:
    GratefulJet wrote:All I'm saying is, 20/37, 332 yards, 9.0 YPA, 2 TD, 0 INT...102.5 Passer rating....all of that would look pretty good around here. It was Mark's first start as an Eagle. If that doesn't tell you the difference is coaching, I don't know what does. Read all the Phillie player comments after the game. The common theme, the word they all use: "preparation".  These guys all watch film, but somehow the better coaches manage to draw sound conclusions and develop a good gameplan. It help to have good players to throw to, but I don't think ours are complete garbage.  Chip Kelly is turning out to be one of those coaches deserving of the Bum Phillips aphorism: he can beat you with his players, then switch sides and beat you with yours. Rex is looking more and more like the other coach in that deal.

It has only been one + games for Sanchez in Philly, but I tend to agree about the coaching part.  I like Sanchez and hope he continues to do well.  

He is on top of his division, he has all of the weapons he can ask for, and he is in an offense that accentuates what strengths he has; operating from the gun, lots of running, throwing from a moving pocket, and finding receivers who are allowed to find open pockets in the field. If he fails here, he can kiss his days as a relevant starter in the league good-bye.

http://sportspyder.com/teams/new-york-jets/articles/13243478

Lots of truth in that article, but I would have loved to see what he could have done with Marty as a lot of those aforementioned principles would've been on display here.

it's only 1 game, and he still made some throws that made his fans shake their heads, but he does look like he found a home. Good for him.

Metjetgal
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Metjetgal Tue 11 Nov 2014 - 13:26

I like Mark, he isn't great, but he can certainly succeed as a qb. Especially with Kelly and those weapons. I know we made him $$$$$ but as far as helping him as a player, we were clueless as usual. Schotty, Sparano, bringing in Tebow, letting Cotch go, so many assinine moves. NYJ kids.
    football51
    football51
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by football51 Tue 11 Nov 2014 - 16:15

Brian Costello @BrianCoz · 6m 6 minutes ago
    Bears waived former Jets WR Santonio Holmes
    cysporsche
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by cysporsche Wed 12 Nov 2014 - 10:56

football51 wrote:Brian Costello @BrianCoz  ·  6m 6 minutes ago
    Bears waived former Jets WR Santonio Holmes

Bye bye Santonio, maybe the Raiders will pick you up. This guy is a total ass clown ! jocolor

Go Jets...Cyborg
    football51
    football51
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by football51 Thu 13 Nov 2014 - 18:23

Brian Costello @BrianCoz · 35m 35 minutes ago
    Big time agent reps Jets DL Sheldon Richardson "@ESPNNFL: JUST IN: CAA has fired agent Ben Dogra for cause, per league source.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/11/13/high-profile-agent-ben-dogra-out-at-caa/
    cysporsche
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by cysporsche Fri 14 Nov 2014 - 10:36

Mel Kiper & McShay are calling last years WR group, the best ever drafted in the NFL. Landry looked good for the Flippers last night as well. Just saying...

Go Jets...Cyborg

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue 7 May 2024 - 23:36