A New Community for Jets Fans


    Around the League (Non-Jets Specific News)

    Share
    avatar
    NYJETSDAN16
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

    Posts : 405
    Points : 11706
    Join date : 2014-09-06
    Location : Howard Beach, Queens NEW YORK....SON!

    Re: Around the League (Non-Jets Specific News)

    Post by NYJETSDAN16 on Sat 4 Oct 2014 - 10:03

    Superman55 wrote:
    NYJETSDAN16 wrote:
    football51 wrote:Chris Lopresti @CLoprestiWFAN  ·  5h 5 hours ago
    Talk of J. Byrd as "terrible FA signing" on my timeline...7 months into 6-year deal ($18.3M guaranteed). Spending big $$$ a slippery slope.






    If Idzik made this deal in march he would've been called a genius, then 7 months later a complete moron.

    Could not agree more.  But then again you have guys like 55 being all up in arms with Idzik's 2nd year as to how we don't have an "ALL-PRO" squad out there.

    Idzik has a plan and thank goodness he's sticking to it.

    You love Idzik, who loves Geno...ironic....

    I unlike you, really like what Idzik is doing.  It's his 2nd year and you wanted an all-pro caliber team?  55, he's building a team.  He came from organizations where he saw how they BUILT their championships and how they were made contenders.  Not in year one or two, but in year three.  First, he saw how the foundation was built, through a cohesive unit where every player played for one another (ex:Tampa Bay 2000).
    He Saw that sometimes, drafting an athlete high may not be the best for the team much more than his back up, which truly gave the team the best option to win (Arizona 2008-Matt Leinart/Kurt Warner)
    He witnessed that it starts internally through an organization, building foundation from within.  Draft picks and sprinkles with a couple of free agents (Seattle-2013).

    In essence it takes time.  
    You may have an answer ready to type and state, "Oh Well then, it takes time for Geno to develop as well".  Believe it or not 55, i agree with you 100%.  Yet there is something we don't see eye to eye with. Geno's development is being impeded by him continuing to step onto the field. He is too raw.  He has tremendous talent but the game is just too fast for him at this point in his young career.  Leaving him in there week after week, he won't learn how to correct his mistakes because he hasn't seen how it's done from another stand point.  This isn't West Virginia.

    Some may have gotten the wrong idea with me stating replace Geno with Vick for a long term answer.  That is not what i'am suggesting.  All i'am saying is have Geno watch a player that has thrived in this west coast offense before in Marty's system.
    Have Geno watch and ask questions which will be answered on the field having Vick out there.  Interception machine or not, Vick may spark knowledge and promote Geno to have a different mind set when he is called upon again to lead this team this season.

    Keeping Geno out there right now until the end of the season will ultimatly destroy any ounce of confidence he has left in his young career. Benching him may allow him to build himself up again. Demonstrate resiliency when Vick goes down (Vick aint gonna be healthy all season). Showcase that he will never relinquish his starting role again.
    It's growing by sitting down and learning how to be patient.
    avatar
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

    Posts : 1660
    Points : 19488
    Join date : 2014-09-08

    Re: Around the League (Non-Jets Specific News)

    Post by Superman55 on Sat 4 Oct 2014 - 12:59

    I read that wrong, opposing QBs have completed 75.8% of their passes against the Bucs in 2014 and they face the Saints this week. Good week to have Brees on your fantasy roster.
    avatar
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

    Posts : 1660
    Points : 19488
    Join date : 2014-09-08

    Re: Around the League (Non-Jets Specific News)

    Post by Superman55 on Sat 4 Oct 2014 - 15:41

    @RickyTyreeH
    Follow
    @RichCimini How much of a difference do you think Shaq Evans and Dexter McDougle would have made this season? #JetsMail

    @RichCimini: Very little. It was almost funny Thursday, listening to owner Woody Johnson describe Dexter McDougle's injury as a terrible blow to the defense. You know what was a bigger blow? Betting on Dimitri Patterson, a career backup/journeyman, and having to cut him because he went AWOL. McDougle didn't wow too many people in training camp, but I think he would've emerged as a contributor at some point in the season. Shaq Evans did nothing in camp that made you think he'd help as a rookie. He dropped a lot of passes and he didn't show any special separation ability. If he didn't hurt his shoulder, he might have been hard-pressed to make the roster.
    avatar
    SackExchange
    Moderator
    Moderator

    Posts : 1092
    Points : 42368
    Join date : 2014-08-29
    Age : 42

    Re: Around the League (Non-Jets Specific News)

    Post by SackExchange on Sat 4 Oct 2014 - 20:03

    NYJETSDAN16 wrote:
    Superman55 wrote:
    NYJETSDAN16 wrote:
    football51 wrote:Chris Lopresti @CLoprestiWFAN  ·  5h 5 hours ago
    Talk of J. Byrd as "terrible FA signing" on my timeline...7 months into 6-year deal ($18.3M guaranteed). Spending big $$$ a slippery slope.






    If Idzik made this deal in march he would've been called a genius, then 7 months later a complete moron.

    Could not agree more.  But then again you have guys like 55 being all up in arms with Idzik's 2nd year as to how we don't have an "ALL-PRO" squad out there.

    Idzik has a plan and thank goodness he's sticking to it.

    You love Idzik, who loves Geno...ironic....

    I unlike you, really like what Idzik is doing.  It's his 2nd year and you wanted an all-pro caliber team?  55, he's building a team.  He came from organizations where he saw how they BUILT their championships and how they were made contenders.  Not in year one or two, but in year three.  First, he saw how the foundation was built, through a cohesive unit where every player played for one another (ex:Tampa Bay 2000).
    He Saw that sometimes, drafting an athlete high may not be the best for the team much more than his back up, which truly gave the team the best option to win (Arizona 2008-Matt Leinart/Kurt Warner)
    He witnessed that it starts internally through an organization, building foundation from within.  Draft picks and sprinkles with a couple of free agents (Seattle-2013).

    In essence it takes time.  
    You may have an answer ready to type and state, "Oh Well then, it takes time for Geno to develop as well".  Believe it or not 55, i agree with you 100%.  Yet there is something we don't see eye to eye with. Geno's development is being impeded by him continuing to step onto the field. He is too raw.  He has tremendous talent but the game is just too fast for him at this point in his young career.  Leaving him in there week after week, he won't learn how to correct his mistakes because he hasn't seen how it's done from another stand point.  This isn't West Virginia.

    Some may have gotten the wrong idea with me stating replace Geno with Vick for a long term answer.  That is not what i'am suggesting.  All i'am saying is have Geno watch a player that has thrived in this west coast offense before in Marty's system.
    Have Geno watch and ask questions which will be answered on the field having Vick out there.  Interception machine or not, Vick may spark knowledge and promote Geno to have a different mind set when he is called upon again to lead this team this season.

    Keeping Geno out there right now until the end of the season will ultimatly destroy any ounce of confidence he has left in his young career.  Benching him may allow him to build himself up again.  Demonstrate resiliency when Vick goes down (Vick aint gonna be healthy all season). Showcase that he will never relinquish his starting role again.
    It's growing by sitting down and learning how to be patient.

    Dan, are you really counting on Michael Vick, and his ONE season with a completion rate over 60%, to teach Geno how to make the right decisions and be accurate? Are you really counting on Michael Vick to teach Geno how to protect the ball, when he has a turnover rate higher than just about anyone who has ever played the position?

    If the Jets signed a veteran backup who is a solid game manager, who may not be spectacular but has good accuracy, makes the right decisions, and protects the ball, I could see Geno riding the pine and learning from him...maybe. But you want him learning accuracy and ball protection from Michael Vick? It sounds like you really do want to destroy the kid's career.
    avatar
    SackExchange
    Moderator
    Moderator

    Posts : 1092
    Points : 42368
    Join date : 2014-08-29
    Age : 42

    Re: Around the League (Non-Jets Specific News)

    Post by SackExchange on Sat 4 Oct 2014 - 22:10

    I'm not one for thinking we get everyone else's trash, but could the recently cut Kenbrell Thompkins serve two purposes? The Pats just cut him. Is he really worse than some of the guys the Jets have active right now? He could give a good bit of info, and upgrade the WR corps.

    Blindsidebrick
    Honorary Wing Commander
    Honorary Wing Commander

    Posts : 401
    Points : 2859
    Join date : 2014-09-05

    Re: Around the League (Non-Jets Specific News)

    Post by Blindsidebrick on Sat 4 Oct 2014 - 23:29

    SackExchange wrote:I'm not one for thinking we get everyone else's trash, but could the recently cut Kenbrell Thompkins serve two purposes? The Pats just cut him. Is he really worse than some of the guys the Jets have active right now? He could give a good bit of info, and upgrade the WR corps.

    Just saw this as well. It's an interesting thought. Like his size. With Nelson and Decker gimpy, I'd check it out. Get some intel on NE, too, in a few weeks.
    avatar
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

    Posts : 1660
    Points : 19488
    Join date : 2014-09-08

    Re: Around the League (Non-Jets Specific News)

    Post by Superman55 on Sun 5 Oct 2014 - 11:00

    Holmgren’s name quietly emerges as potential Raiders coach

    Posted by Mike Florio on October 5, 2014, 10:42 AM EDT
    Holmgren
    Getty Images
    Back in July, former Packers and Seahawks coach Mike Holmgren sounded like a guy who’d be interested in coaching again at age 66. Mark Davis ultimately could be interested in Holmgren coaching the team Davis owns.

    Strong and persistent chatter has emerged in recent days linking Holmgren to the job. It’s a fairly obvious connection, given that former Holmgren lieutenant Reggie McKenzie serves as the General Manager in Oakland. McKenzie, who could be the next guy out the door in Oakland, has said he’ll hire the next coach. If McKenzie does, Holmgren could be the optimal Hail Mary option, especially since Holmgren likely would not be inclined to replace McKenzie — unlike other big-name coaches Davis may pursue.

    While unconfirmed, multiple sources tell PFT that Holmgren visited the team’s facility this week. Hardly a precursor to getting the job, it could be an indication that Holmgren is in the mix, if Davis ultimately can’t catch a coach who cachè born more recently than 1948.

    Most recently, Holmgren worked as president of the Browns, serving as the surrogate owner for Randy Lerner, who had no desire to do the things most owners do.

    For his career as a coach, Holmgren has a record of 161-111 in the regular season and 13-11 in the postseason. During his three years in Cleveland, the Browns were 14-34.
    avatar
    NYJETSDAN16
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

    Posts : 405
    Points : 11706
    Join date : 2014-09-06
    Location : Howard Beach, Queens NEW YORK....SON!

    Re: Around the League (Non-Jets Specific News)

    Post by NYJETSDAN16 on Sun 5 Oct 2014 - 12:49

    SackExchange wrote:
    NYJETSDAN16 wrote:
    Superman55 wrote:
    NYJETSDAN16 wrote:
    football51 wrote:Chris Lopresti @CLoprestiWFAN  ·  5h 5 hours ago
    Talk of J. Byrd as "terrible FA signing" on my timeline...7 months into 6-year deal ($18.3M guaranteed). Spending big $$$ a slippery slope.






    If Idzik made this deal in march he would've been called a genius, then 7 months later a complete moron.

    Could not agree more.  But then again you have guys like 55 being all up in arms with Idzik's 2nd year as to how we don't have an "ALL-PRO" squad out there.

    Idzik has a plan and thank goodness he's sticking to it.

    You love Idzik, who loves Geno...ironic....

    I unlike you, really like what Idzik is doing.  It's his 2nd year and you wanted an all-pro caliber team?  55, he's building a team.  He came from organizations where he saw how they BUILT their championships and how they were made contenders.  Not in year one or two, but in year three.  First, he saw how the foundation was built, through a cohesive unit where every player played for one another (ex:Tampa Bay 2000).
    He Saw that sometimes, drafting an athlete high may not be the best for the team much more than his back up, which truly gave the team the best option to win (Arizona 2008-Matt Leinart/Kurt Warner)
    He witnessed that it starts internally through an organization, building foundation from within.  Draft picks and sprinkles with a couple of free agents (Seattle-2013).

    In essence it takes time.  
    You may have an answer ready to type and state, "Oh Well then, it takes time for Geno to develop as well".  Believe it or not 55, i agree with you 100%.  Yet there is something we don't see eye to eye with. Geno's development is being impeded by him continuing to step onto the field. He is too raw.  He has tremendous talent but the game is just too fast for him at this point in his young career.  Leaving him in there week after week, he won't learn how to correct his mistakes because he hasn't seen how it's done from another stand point.  This isn't West Virginia.

    Some may have gotten the wrong idea with me stating replace Geno with Vick for a long term answer.  That is not what i'am suggesting.  All i'am saying is have Geno watch a player that has thrived in this west coast offense before in Marty's system.
    Have Geno watch and ask questions which will be answered on the field having Vick out there.  Interception machine or not, Vick may spark knowledge and promote Geno to have a different mind set when he is called upon again to lead this team this season.

    Keeping Geno out there right now until the end of the season will ultimatly destroy any ounce of confidence he has left in his young career.  Benching him may allow him to build himself up again.  Demonstrate resiliency when Vick goes down (Vick aint gonna be healthy all season). Showcase that he will never relinquish his starting role again.
    It's growing by sitting down and learning how to be patient.

    Dan, are you really counting on Michael Vick, and his ONE season with a completion rate over 60%, to teach Geno how to make the right decisions and be accurate? Are you really counting on Michael Vick to teach Geno how to protect the ball, when he has a turnover rate higher than just about anyone who has ever played the position?

    If the Jets signed a veteran backup who is a solid game manager, who may not be spectacular but has good accuracy, makes the right decisions, and protects the ball, I could see Geno riding the pine and learning from him...maybe. But you want him learning accuracy and ball protection from Michael Vick? It sounds like you really do want to destroy the kid's career.


    your entitled to your opinion, but if geno continues to play, he will do it to himself.  My post was simple, The great ones, no matter who was ahead of them, learned from the sidelines.
    Case and point, Doug Flutie, a completly different player than Drew, helped the kid understand the game from the sidelines.  Having him learn the nuances of the game.
    The same can be don with Geno coming into his own.  Geno has thepotential.  Geno has the skill set yet he is not at the same level as a veteran. He needs to learn how to be patient in this league.  Something he is not right now as his play is evident of that.

    Having Vick play will allow him to ask questions and learn from them by a veteran that has done it. Keep in mind, Vick isn't being payed chump change.  Vick was brought here to help Geno's maturity process, by any means neccesary, on or/and off the field.
    Just like the great ones learned from veterans.
    avatar
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

    Posts : 1660
    Points : 19488
    Join date : 2014-09-08

    Re: Around the League (Non-Jets Specific News)

    Post by Superman55 on Mon 6 Oct 2014 - 14:10

    Holmgren confirms Oakland visit, doesn’t rule out coaching Raiders

    Posted by Mike Florio on October 6, 2014, 1:15 PM EDT
    Holmgren
    Getty Images
    On Sunday, we reported that former Packers and Seahawks coach Mike Holmgren visited the Raiders last week, and that he could end up being the next coach of the team. Appearing Monday on KJR radio’s Mitch in the Morning show in Seattle, Holmgren confirmed both aspects of the report.

    “Yeah, I did go down there,” Holmgren told Mitch Levy. “A couple of years ago, I had met with [owner] Mark [Davis] about possibly working with the Raiders, and it didn’t work out. . . . And [G.M.] Reggie McKenzie did work with me in Green Bay for many, many years. So I do have a relationship with him, those are all true. So they phoned me up, I went down there for a day and looked at some film. They had the bye after the London game. And just to float some ideas, and get another opinion of the team and what was going on. No jobs were discussed. Nothing like that, it was more just a pop in and pop out, and that’s what I did.”

    No jobs were discussed last week, but the fact that they called upon Holmgren to visit the team in the aftermath of the firing of coach Dennis Allen shows that the organization holds Holmgren in a certain type of esteem. When asked by host Levy whether Holmgren definitely won’t be the coach of the Raiders, Holmgren was far from unequivocal.

    “Well, you know what?” Holmgren said. “Now we’re gonna start something else again.”

    He then measured his words carefully: “Probably not. Probably not.”

    Which also means possibly so.

    Asked generally about the possibility of coaching any team, the 66-year-old Holmgren likewise didn’t slam the door.

    “Every once in a while, you get a phone call or some little itch there,” Holmgren said. “And I don’t know if that’ll ever go away.”

    The Raiders may not ultimately be Holmgren’s only Bay Area option. If/when Jim Harbaugh leaves the 49ers, Holmgren could be interested in returning to his hometown as coach of the franchise where he rose to prominence as an offensive coordinator. However, the 49ers would have to also be interested in him, which may be unlikely.

    Either outcome isn’t likely, but it’s clear that Holmgren remains in play — at least a little bit — to return to coaching.
    avatar
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

    Posts : 1660
    Points : 19488
    Join date : 2014-09-08

    Re: Around the League (Non-Jets Specific News)

    Post by Superman55 on Wed 8 Oct 2014 - 6:54

    Jeffcoat DE/OLB from Texas cut by Seattle signed to Skins practice squad at the end of the preseason, has been promoted to the Redskins active roster.

    Champ Bailey tried out for Ravens this week.
    avatar
    Sarge
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

    Posts : 685
    Points : 13308
    Join date : 2014-08-28
    Location : Alabama

    Re: Around the League (Non-Jets Specific News)

    Post by Sarge on Wed 8 Oct 2014 - 13:40

    I like Jeffcoat, but he needs to be on someone's practice squad, he just needs a year in a legit strength and conditioning program to fill out. He could be a contributor in time somewhere
    avatar
    football51
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

    Posts : 1343
    Points : 12830
    Join date : 2014-09-02

    Re: Around the League (Non-Jets Specific News)

    Post by football51 on Wed 8 Oct 2014 - 19:14

    Kimberley A. Martin @KMart_LI · 11m 11 minutes ago
    Oh lawd... RT @AndySlater: Rapper Rick Ross trying to purchase part of Miami Dolphins, says he and team met. http://tinyurl.com/on68pzz
    avatar
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

    Posts : 1660
    Points : 19488
    Join date : 2014-09-08

    Re: Around the League (Non-Jets Specific News)

    Post by Superman55 on Wed 8 Oct 2014 - 22:48

    Sarge wrote:I like Jeffcoat, but he needs to be on someone's practice squad, he just needs a year in a legit strength and conditioning program to fill out.  He could be a contributor in time somewhere

    He has a world of potential. I was hoping we'd make a play for him when he didn't make the Seahawks...no luck. He can play 3-4 and rush the passer or cover...a little like a poor man's Mingo. I too think he needs a year to improve his upper body strength though...like Mingo. Wink
    avatar
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

    Posts : 1660
    Points : 19488
    Join date : 2014-09-08

    Re: Around the League (Non-Jets Specific News)

    Post by Superman55 on Thu 9 Oct 2014 - 13:21

    Suspended Dolphins DE has a different version of arrest

    w=169

    Posted by Darin Gantt on October 9, 2014, 9:21 AM EDT
    shelby
    So far, suspended Dolphins defensive end Derrick Shelby hasn’t made any comments since being arrested for resisting arrest without violence and suspended by the team.

    But after his bloodied and battered mugshot has been splashed across the internet for nearly a week, those close to him say the real story is different than the police report.

    The cop version (abridged) is that Shelby got handsy with a female bar patron, was thrown out of a club, took a threatening stance, and was beaten down and tased three times to be taken into custody.

    According to Andrew Abramson of the Palm Beach Post, Shelby has told associates there’s much more to the story.

    His version is that the initial accusation was false, and had racial undertones (since the accuser was white). He then denied doing anything wrong to the policeman trying to throw him out of the club, and that the cops were aggressive throwing him out. When he pulled out his phone to begin filming the incident, the cops “became infuriated,” which might explain the way Shelby ended up looking in the mug shot.

    Shelby could have avoided the whole thing by getting in a car and leaving. But there are also two sides to every story, and until his trial, it’s unclear which will be heard most clearly, especially at a time of increased sensitivity to football players and off-field violence.
    avatar
    football51
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

    Posts : 1343
    Points : 12830
    Join date : 2014-09-02

    Re: Around the League (Non-Jets Specific News)

    Post by football51 on Fri 10 Oct 2014 - 13:42

    I remember Manish tweeting that Nicks was the "true top wr on the market" and we should've added him to Decker.


    Joe Caporoso retweeted
    Evan Silva @evansilva · 3h 3 hours ago
    At this stage of his career, it's tough to watch Hakeem Nicks in confined areas with the ball in his hands. He can barely move.





    avatar
    SackExchange
    Moderator
    Moderator

    Posts : 1092
    Points : 42368
    Join date : 2014-08-29
    Age : 42

    Re: Around the League (Non-Jets Specific News)

    Post by SackExchange on Fri 10 Oct 2014 - 20:34

    Word is out that Brady may have a sore ankle. You can tell he's legitimately hurt because he was taken off the injury list, and was only added on Friday

    Never has a team so blatantly mocked the injury report, only never to be punished. The Jets don't list Favre, who was banged up but still going to play, and they get fined. 

    Two sets of rules.
    avatar
    The Wicker Man
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

    Posts : 446
    Points : 7022
    Join date : 2014-09-09
    Age : 52

    Re: Around the League (Non-Jets Specific News)

    Post by The Wicker Man on Sat 11 Oct 2014 - 10:49

    SackExchange wrote:Word is out that Brady may have a sore ankle. You can tell he's legitimately hurt because he was taken off the injury list, and was only added on Friday

    Never has a team so blatantly mocked the injury report, only never to be punished. The Jets don't list Favre, who was banged up but still going to play, and they get fined. 

    Two sets of rules.


    Why even bother having an injury report? It always seemed stupid to me. Lets list all the parts of the body where our team is
    hurting...is this so the opponent can exploit that weakness?

    But I agree Sack, the darling Pats have their own rules.
    avatar
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

    Posts : 1660
    Points : 19488
    Join date : 2014-09-08

    Re: Around the League (Non-Jets Specific News)

    Post by Superman55 on Tue 14 Oct 2014 - 16:31

    Holy Jackass, Batman!

    Seriously, you get caught shop lifting sample cologne and a pack of draws?!?!

    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/10/14/joseph-randle-arrested-for-shoplifting/

    Next time ask HYATT if you can borrow his!
    avatar
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

    Posts : 1660
    Points : 19488
    Join date : 2014-09-08

    Re: Around the League (Non-Jets Specific News)

    Post by Superman55 on Tue 14 Oct 2014 - 21:10


    By Tom Carpenter | ESPN Insider
    00COMMENTS0EMAILPRINT
    It's mid-October, which means that the free-agent market is weak, so if the New York Giants are going to add a wide receiver to help replace the injured Victor Cruz, they may need to do so via trade.

    Of course, midseason trades are rare and rarely successful, but it looks like the Giants are at least kicking around the idea of targeting Buffalo Bills WR Mike Williams.

    "Mike Williams, a former No. 1 receiver in Tampa who was traded to the Buffalo Bills this offseason, has officially requested a trade, and the Daily News has learned the Giants have 'some' interest in acquiring him," wrote Ralph Vacchiano of the New York Daily News. "The details make the possibility seem like a longshot, but given how shorthanded their receiving corps is with Cruz out for the season, a team source said they will likely at least explore it.

    "The price, of course, will be high, which could be problematic. Buffalo Bills GM Doug Whaley insisted he’s 'not actively shopping' his receiver, but an NFL source confirmed that he’s given permission to Williams’ agent to gauge interest in a trade."

    Furthermore, Williams' contract is guaranteed for next season at $5.2 million, making him even more pricey. Plus, coach Tom Coughlin is all business, so it's hard to believe Williams, who seemingly has worn out his welcome with two teams during the past year, would fit into his plans.
    avatar
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

    Posts : 1660
    Points : 19488
    Join date : 2014-09-08

    Re: Around the League (Non-Jets Specific News)

    Post by Superman55 on Tue 14 Oct 2014 - 21:12

    Bengals give Terrelle Pryor a look-see

    Posted by Mike Florio on October 14, 2014, 5:58 PM EDT
    Pryor
    Getty Images
    On Tuesday, the Bengals signed a second-round pick from the 2011 draft. They also took a look at a third-round pick from the 2011 supplemental draft.

    Per a league source, the Bengals gave quarterback Terrelle Pryor a tryout.

    It’s possible Pryor was there to throw passes to the three wideouts who tried out: Greg Little (who was signed), Cobi Hamilton (who wasn’t), and Da’Rick Rogers (who wasn’t).

    Also getting tryouts on Tuesday were defensive back Chris Clemons, linebacker Moise Fokou, linebacker Erin Henderson, defensive back M.D. Jennings, defensive back Shiloh Keo, and linebacker Austin Spitler.
    avatar
    SackExchange
    Moderator
    Moderator

    Posts : 1092
    Points : 42368
    Join date : 2014-08-29
    Age : 42

    Re: Around the League (Non-Jets Specific News)

    Post by SackExchange on Wed 15 Oct 2014 - 11:31

    The league has the injury report so it can help out gamblers. That's basically why.

    Though the NFL's official stance is one against gambling.
    avatar
    JohnnyBaseball
    Honorary Air Commander
    Honorary Air Commander

    Posts : 57
    Points : 4107
    Join date : 2014-09-07

    Re: Around the League (Non-Jets Specific News)

    Post by JohnnyBaseball on Thu 16 Oct 2014 - 14:55

    I'm not really sure how the NFL gets away with the whole gambling thing. They're so clearly in bed with gamblers that it's absurd. I guess no one put up a sign in their clubhouse about gambling. But, yeah, it seems to me like this (and steroids) would be a much bigger issue for the league.
    avatar
    football51
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

    Posts : 1343
    Points : 12830
    Join date : 2014-09-02

    Re: Around the League (Non-Jets Specific News)

    Post by football51 on Thu 16 Oct 2014 - 16:06

    Dan Leberfeld @jetswhispers · 24m 24 minutes ago
    The Browns have released CB Isaiah Trufant with an injury settlement.
    avatar
    Atljet60
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

    Posts : 119
    Points : 5623
    Join date : 2014-09-07

    Re: Around the League (Non-Jets Specific News)

    Post by Atljet60 on Sun 19 Oct 2014 - 14:33

    Both Bills RB's Spiller and Jackson got carted off the field today in the first half.
    avatar
    football51
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

    Posts : 1343
    Points : 12830
    Join date : 2014-09-02

    Re: Around the League (Non-Jets Specific News)

    Post by football51 on Sun 19 Oct 2014 - 14:48

    The Seahawks are getting pounded by the Rams. It doesn't seem as if their chemistry issues have been solved. Actually, it looks like a deflated team at this point.




    The Bengals, led by their $100 mil qb, have 27 total first half yards.

    Sponsored content

    Re: Around the League (Non-Jets Specific News)

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Sun 20 Aug 2017 - 20:46