Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A New Community for Jets Fans

+28
football51
Pointdexter
Superman55
AFA2017
jetsfanshanghai
WilliesDad
SackExchange
soj
Seaver
skop
GratefulJet
HYATT™
The Wicker Man
Sarge
Blindsidebrick
NYJETSDAN16
Atljet60
Old#15
NCgreen12
jamesfyo123
danfran
JohnnyBaseball
Metjetgal
hobson54
McJet
trico990
jetkwondo
lnap23
32 posters

Around the League (Non-Jets Specific News)

cysporsche
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Around the League (Non-Jets Specific News) - Page 13 Empty Re: Around the League (Non-Jets Specific News)

Post by cysporsche Wed 3 Dec 2014 - 17:17

hobson54 wrote:
    football51 wrote:What do you think Hobson?

Kristian Dyer @KristianRDyer  ·  4h 4 hours ago
    According to @BovadaLv Jim Harbaugh at 2:1 and Les Miles at 5:2 are favorites for Michigan job. Greg Schiano is 9:2.

I'd be thrilled with Harbaugh (either one), happy with Miles, sick to my stomach with Schiano.

as to Harbaugh (Jim), it basically comes down to does he want to go to michigan or stay in the pros.  the job is basically his for the taking.  lots of chatter on michigan that there's a good chance, despite various reports (schefter, mike and mike, etc...) saying he is staying in pros.

How many draft picks will it cost Michigan if they sign Harbaugh ? rendeer

Go Jets...Cyborg
    skop
    Navigator
    Navigator

Around the League (Non-Jets Specific News) - Page 13 Empty Re: Around the League (Non-Jets Specific News)

Post by skop Wed 3 Dec 2014 - 17:22

Superman55 wrote:
    football51 wrote: Joe Caporoso retweeted
    Bucky Brooks @BuckyBrooks  ·  22h 22 hours ago
    Chip Kelly's work w/Mark Sanchez illustrates the importance of adaptability as a coach.. Crafts a plan around his strengths as a player

Just sucks Sparano, Brian Shott, and Marty could t figure it out, because we all know Rex hardly knows anything going on on that side of the ball.

But he does know what frustrates a defense, and maybe he should've spent less time thinking about how he wasn't going to kiss BB's rings, and more time doing what BB did (a brilliant DC in his own right), and spent time with the offense not letting them run into brick walls all of the time. There are holes in every D, and who would've been better to spot them that a former great DC.
    skop
    Navigator
    Navigator

Post by skop Wed 3 Dec 2014 - 17:42

Superman55 wrote:
    Sarge wrote:I like Sanchez so I hope he does well, but some people are in for a rude awakening.   But, if I'm wrong I will be happy for Sanchez

He still turns over the ball almost 3 times per game; so I agree, the Eagles fans will eventually get sick of him being just good enough to get them to the play-offs and then his 1-2 big TOs prevent them from getting any further.

He'll be in GB or Seattle at some and his brand of football cant win in the play-offs on the road, IMO, even if it did here, I dont think the Eagles D is ours to cover his warts; but if he turns his career around, good for him.

He's a free agent this spring...

That's true. If the Eagles aren't in a position that they can pin their ears back and go after a QB, their D gives too much up. I won't talk too much about Sanchez, bc he isn't a Jet any longer, but I bet the TO's come down dramatically the more he plays in Kelly's system for one reason: his offense has too many positive results that are imbedded into each play. When you have them at your disposal, you don't have to take ill advised chances.

football51
    football51
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by football51 Wed 3 Dec 2014 - 19:41

Chris Lopresti @CLoprestiWFAN · 42m 42 minutes ago
    A.J. Edds signed by the Jaguars today. #NYJ waived rookie LB Jeremiah George to keep Edds on 9/1. Both with Jacksonville now.
    Superman55
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Superman55 Thu 4 Dec 2014 - 7:18

football51 wrote:Chris Lopresti @CLoprestiWFAN  ·  42m 42 minutes ago
    A.J. Edds signed by the Jaguars today. #NYJ waived rookie LB Jeremiah George to keep Edds on 9/1. Both with Jacksonville now.

...and George has looked solid as a rotation player. This is another head scratcher. We cut one young developmental player for another young developmental player and end up losing both to Gus Bradley. Sorry if I trust Gus Bradley's perspective of players over our scouting department.

You can say what you want about the Jags record, but every NFL guy talking about what they're seeing down there at practices is very special. People believe in the program Caldwell and Bradley are developing.

Oh, next year's 1, 2, and #3 WRs will be from the 2014 NFL draft:

#1 Robinson
    #2 Hurns
    #3 Lee

With 2014 1st rd pick Bortles at QB (and Bill O'Brien believes in Bortles, so, so do I).

I do believe forcing Rex on Caldwell is a big reason he picked the Jags over us before we finally landed Idzik. I, personally, think Caldwell and Bradley are going to turn some heads next year. They did a pretty good job doing it last weekend.
    Old#15
    Honorary Air Commander
    Honorary Air Commander

Post by Old#15 Thu 4 Dec 2014 - 8:42

Superman55 wrote:
    football51 wrote:Chris Lopresti @CLoprestiWFAN  ·  42m 42 minutes ago

...and George has looked solid as a rotation player.  This is another head scratcher.  We cut one young developmental player for another young developmental player and end up losing both to Gus Bradley.  Sorry if I trust Gus Bradley's perspective of players over our scouting department.

You can say what you want about the Jags record, but every NFL guy talking about what they're seeing down there at practices is very special.  People believe in the program Caldwell and Bradley are developing.

Oh, next year's 1, 2, and #3 WRs will be from the 2014 NFL draft:

#1 Robinson
    #2 Hurns
    #3 Lee

With 2014 1st rd pick Bortles at QB (and Bill O'Brien believes in Bortles, so, so do I).

I do believe forcing Rex on Caldwell is a big reason he picked the Jags over us before we finally landed Idzik.  I, personally, think Caldwell and Bradley are going to turn some heads next year.  They did a pretty good job doing it last weekend.  

I agree with the exception that our scouting department is somehow responsible for missing on or letting George and Edds go. To me that is a Rex issue, particularly with George. I think that Idzik/scouts identified a good football player in George, but he didn't fit Rex's ideal for a LB. You could say the same for Dixon, now contributing for TB Bucs. Again the disconnect between HC and GM philosophy. I don't know why people are that surprised that we don't have any real contributors (except Amaro, Rich & Oday) from the last two drafts.
    football51
    football51
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by football51 Fri 5 Dec 2014 - 15:39

Ian Rapoport @RapSheet · 1h 1 hour ago
    #Bucs OC Jeff Tedford, away on leave, will not be part of the staff moving forward, source says. Tampa Bay will find a new OC for 2015

Ian Rapoport @RapSheet · 1h 1 hour ago
    In a statement, Jeff Tedford says “I am happy to state that I’m healthy now and feeling great.” Says Bucs are close to turning the corner
    cysporsche
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by cysporsche Sat 6 Dec 2014 - 11:24

Matthew Mulligan TE was just released by the Cards.

Go Jets...Cyborg
    football51
    football51
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by football51 Sat 6 Dec 2014 - 16:06

Manish pushing Ryan to the Falcons. Apparently Blank is going to hire the HC and not his GM.

http://m.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/mehta-falcons-perfect-fit-falcons-article-1.2036147
    Superman55
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Superman55 Sat 6 Dec 2014 - 16:21

football51 wrote:Manish pushing Ryan to the Falcons. Apparently Blank is going to hire the HC and not his GM.

http://m.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/mehta-falcons-perfect-fit-falcons-article-1.2036147

Sirius reported that 2 weeks ago and sack and I were talking about it.

I'd expect him to get the Atlanta or Chicago jobs. Sirius, like everyone else in the NFL, feels Rex got jobbed due to poor management. Tucker is a former NFL GM and Kirwan has been in the NFL over 20 years and anytime Rex comes up or they reference talking to teams around the league, they feel Rex is going to get to interview for almost every opening and 1 GM/owner will be impressed with his sales pitch. Not many in the NFL blame Rex for this season according to Sirius. It's not just Mehta as you think.

Rex deserves just as much blame as anyone (horrible prep, adjustments, and discipline), but poor drafts and acquisition of talent is what everyone outside the jets sees. They aren't wrong on that note either.
    football51
    football51
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by football51 Sat 6 Dec 2014 - 16:59

Superman55 wrote:
    football51 wrote:Manish pushing Ryan to the Falcons. Apparently Blank is going to hire the HC and not his GM.

I'd expect him to get the Atlanta or Chicago jobs.  Sirius, like everyone else in the NFL, feels Rex got jobbed due to poor management.  Tucker is a former NFL GM and Kirwan has been in the NFL over 20 years and anytime Rex comes up or they reference talking to teams around the league, they feel Rex is going to get to interview for almost every opening and 1 GM/owner will be impressed with his sales pitch.  Not many in the NFL blame Rex for this season according to Sirius.  It's not just Mehta as you think.

Rex deserves just as much blame as anyone (horrible prep, adjustments, and discipline), but poor drafts and acquisition of talent is what everyone outside the jets sees.  They aren't wrong on that note either.  

I'd put more credence into that if it was only 2014, but this has been building since 2011. 2 GM's, 3 OC's, 2 QB's, 2 DC's, 3 Special Teams Coaches, etc. I'm not sure how excited Matt Ryan, Julio jones, and Roddy White will be with this hire. like Gruden said on Monday night............ Rex Ryan has done more to stop the forward pass then any coach in the league. Everyone loves Rex. He has a lot of friends around the league, but his own coaching staff(in 2011) got fed up with the way he was running this team causing the big falling out between him and Pettine. Also, to run Ryan's defense, Atlanta will need a massive personnel overhaul( so would Chicago). As Jets fans who've watched this team for the last six years, we know that Artur Blank won't be getting a "tough" team. We always folded our tent in big games against the Steelers, Ravens, 49er's, Seahawks, etc. We bullied finesse teams. 2010 is a long time ago and Ryan is still reaping the benefits of his first two seasons here. The reality is Ryan is a bright defensive mind who wants to be a HC, but not give a damn about anything other than the defensive side of the ball, and even that he's too stubborn to adjust his precious scheme to fit his personnel. He'd rather lose playing his scheme than win by adjusting. Ryan screwed himself. If anything, Idzik got screwed by having to keep Ryan and a front office of Bradway and his boys.
    football51
    football51
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by football51 Sat 6 Dec 2014 - 17:05

Also, I find it interesting that the owner would be making the call and not the gm. I wonder why? Maybe a gm would recognize that Ryan isn't HC material. However, Blank wants to "excite" the fan base and sell PSL's. I don't know about you, but I haven't been too excited in awhile. Empty guarantees and obnoxious outbursts just don't have the same feel that they did four years ago.
    Blindsidebrick
    Honorary Wing Commander
    Honorary Wing Commander

Post by Blindsidebrick Sat 6 Dec 2014 - 23:21

football51 wrote:
    Superman55 wrote:

I'd expect him to get the Atlanta or Chicago jobs.  Sirius, like everyone else in the NFL, feels Rex got jobbed due to poor management.  Tucker is a former NFL GM and Kirwan has been in the NFL over 20 years and anytime Rex comes up or they reference talking to teams around the league, they feel Rex is going to get to interview for almost every opening and 1 GM/owner will be impressed with his sales pitch.  Not many in the NFL blame Rex for this season according to Sirius.  It's not just Mehta as you think.

Rex deserves just as much blame as anyone (horrible prep, adjustments, and discipline), but poor drafts and acquisition of talent is what everyone outside the jets sees.  They aren't wrong on that note either.  

I'd put more credence into that if it was only 2014, but this has been building since 2011. 2 GM's, 3 OC's, 2 QB's, 2 DC's, 3 Special Teams Coaches, etc. I'm not sure how excited Matt Ryan, Julio jones, and Roddy White will be with this hire. like Gruden said on Monday night............ Rex Ryan has done more to stop the forward pass then any coach in the league. Everyone loves Rex. He has a lot of friends around the league, but his own coaching staff(in 2011) got fed up with the way he was running this team causing the big falling out between him and Pettine. Also, to run Ryan's defense, Atlanta will need a massive personnel overhaul( so would Chicago). As Jets fans who've watched this team for the last six years, we know that Artur Blank won't be getting a "tough" team. We always folded our tent in big games against the Steelers, Ravens, 49er's, Seahawks, etc. We bullied finesse teams. 2010 is a long time ago and Ryan is still reaping the benefits of his first two seasons here. The reality is Ryan is a bright defensive mind who wants to be a HC, but not give a damn about anything other than the defensive side of the ball, and even that he's too stubborn to adjust his precious scheme to fit his personnel. He'd rather lose playing his scheme than win by adjusting. Ryan screwed himself. If anything, Idzik got screwed by having to keep Ryan and a front office of Bradway and his boys.

+1

I don't believe Rex Ryan has earned another HC'ing position. He has gone down hill since the two AFC Championship appearances. He's had good enough personel most years, but his focus has been playing 1980's NY Giants style, defensive-oriented, and ground and pound offensive football in a league increasingly becoming Air Coryell. (That's passing league for you youngsters). Ryan will be a great DC somewhere, but he cannot get a handle on all the details of being a head coach. His NYJ teams have been undisciplined and appallingly sloppy over the last two years.
    Superman55
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Superman55 Sat 6 Dec 2014 - 23:37

Look, I dont disagree and want Rex gone as much as anyone.

...but some people outside the organization are going to say, how did Rex Ryan look like a coach of the year candidate in in 2013 getting that roster to 8-8 and then with the exact same coaching staff teaching the same principles go 2-14?

the answer, in some people's minds, will be letting Cromartie go and never replacing him, not "fully" addressing the WR issue, letting Howard walk and down grading RT, not addressing/improving the OGs, not drafting or spending wisely in the off season.  

Rex Ryan has his warts, and it's time to move on.  But the same thing coached and preached to get us 8-8 last year got us 2-14 this year...and part of that is rex and part of that is an erosion of talent despite $50 mill in cap space and 12 picks.  No one in the NFL is going to blame rex for last year's pathetic draft class and not adding talent with $50 mill to spend.  rex and other owners are going to look at that and blame a large part on the GM...even if Rex turns a blind eye to the offense and never makes half time or bye week adjustments to turn the corner.

Sometimes, you have to look at how the story will be spun, and its an easy story to tell.
    cysporsche
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by cysporsche Sun 7 Dec 2014 - 0:18

Why does everyone think Rex had no input on the draft or signing of free agents, and putting all the blame on Idzik.

If I was HC I would be following the GM everywhere telling him what we needed to improve.

I'd bet my house that Pryor was a Rex pick. I have heard that Idzik & the Jets were going to draft Odell Beckham Jr. before the Giants scooped him up.

My point is that Idzik is not the only guilty part here, there is a huge organization making these decisions, including Rex.

Go Jets...Cyborg
    NYJETSDAN16
    NYJETSDAN16
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by NYJETSDAN16 Sun 7 Dec 2014 - 9:40

FUN FOOTBALL PACKED SUNDAY TODAY!!

Four teams that are ahead of the Jets in the draft can have their way today and may win their games.  If so and the Jets lose, We jump to the Number two overall pick.

Oakland vs San Francisco-
    The Raiders will be extreme underdogs in the one especially the ass whooping they took from St.Louis last week. Though, it makes them extremely dangerous to the 9ers as they may be looking past them.  
    Regardless of this outcome, Oakland remains with the top pick unless they win another match and we keep losing.  I see the Raiders as a huge threat to land Marcus Mariota.  Carr hasn't showed anything to demonstrate he's a franchise QB.  He's only a 2nd round pick in which the new regime that takes over in Oakland will want their own Signal Caller.  Therefore, LETS GO BLACK AND SILVER THE REST OF THE YEAR!!

Tennessee vs The Giants
    If there's a worse team than ours it's these two.  It's honestly a crapshoot though we must pull for the Titans as they're another team in the Mariota Hunt.  Tennessee also plays us next week at their house. The more wins for them the better for us.

Tampa Bay vs Detroit
    This one has all the makings of an upset.  Tampa fired their OC on Friday. Team looks down on it's luck and here comes Detroit to finish them off.  IMHO, Tampa plays hard defense and will continue to give Mathew Stafford a run for his money to continue his erratic career December blues.

Jacksonville vs Houston
    I honestly wanted Jax to hold onto their #1 overall pick just for the mere fact that we could have traded up with them as they already have their franchise QB in Blake Bortles.
    At this point, they're just a hurdle to jump over.  The more they're in front of us the more the Jets may have to give up in order to get Marcus Mariota by some chance the Raiders become clueless and want to trade out of the #1 overall selection.

Rooting hard for:
    Oakland
    Tennessee
    Tampa Bay
    Jacksonville[/size]
    Superman55
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Superman55 Sun 7 Dec 2014 - 10:22

Jay Gruden would be a very solid possibility. He is hard nosed and a very discipline focused coach.

'One and done' for Jay Gruden?
    December, 7, 2014
    DEC 7
    8:04
    AM ET
    By Tom Carpenter | ESPN Insider
    00COMMENTS0EMAILPRINT
    Considering all of the buzz that coach Jay Gruden and the Washington Redskins front office are entirely at odds regarding what they have in Robert Griffin III right now and going forward, it should be no surprise to find a report that the franchise may choose RG III over their coach during the offseason.

"Although it’s unknown whether [owner Dan] Snyder and [GM Bruce] Allen eventually will agree to trade Griffin, what has become clear from recent conversations with Redskins officials is that Gruden believes he needs a clean break from Griffin to focus on fixing Washington’s 3-9 mess," wrote Jason Reid of the Washington Post.

"And if Snyder and Allen commit to Griffin as the starter in 2015, Gruden could be 'one and done,' a team official said, alluding to Gruden possibly being fired despite four years remaining on his guaranteed five-year contract."

Per Reid, Snyder has accepted the short-term issues with RG III but isn't willing to throw in the towel on the quarterback.

"From watching film with Gruden and questioning other football people in the organization, Snyder realized Griffin should not remain the starter this season, team officials say," he noted. "As of last week, however, Snyder had not accepted that it’s time to give up on Griffin completely."

ESPN Redskins reporter John Keim expects RG III to be back with the team in 2015:

John Keim
    Mailbag
    "I think if they give [RG III] another year it's because they gave up a lot to get him and want to see if there's a chance the investment will pay off. And it's because of the wishes of the front office/ownership and not the coaches. They don't have the investment in him. I think Griffin is plenty motivated to try and become a great player. The question is, how much does he think he needs to learn? In the past, the coaches felt he didn't realize just how far he had to go as a passer and felt that stunted his desire to understand what he had to do. If Jay Gruden doesn't feel he can win with him, it's not worth keeping him around."
    Old#15
    Honorary Air Commander
    Honorary Air Commander

Post by Old#15 Sun 7 Dec 2014 - 10:56

Superman55 wrote:Jay Gruden would be a very solid possibility.  He is hard nosed and a very discipline focused coach.

December, 7, 2014
    DEC 7
    AM ET
    00COMMENTS0EMAILPRINT
    Considering all of the buzz that coach Jay Gruden and the Washington Redskins front office are entirely at odds regarding what they have in Robert Griffin III right now and going forward, it should be no surprise to find a report that the franchise may choose RG III over their coach during the offseason.

"Although it’s unknown whether [owner Dan] Snyder and [GM Bruce] Allen eventually will agree to trade Griffin, what has become clear from recent conversations with Redskins officials is that Gruden believes he needs a clean break from Griffin to focus on fixing Washington’s 3-9 mess," wrote Jason Reid of the Washington Post.

"And if Snyder and Allen commit to Griffin as the starter in 2015, Gruden could be 'one and done,' a team official said, alluding to Gruden possibly being fired despite four years remaining on his guaranteed five-year contract."

Per Reid, Snyder has accepted the short-term issues with RG III but isn't willing to throw in the towel on the quarterback.

"From watching film with Gruden and questioning other football people in the organization, Snyder realized Griffin should not remain the starter this season, team officials say," he noted. "As of last week, however, Snyder had not accepted that it’s time to give up on Griffin completely."

ESPN Redskins reporter John Keim expects RG III to be back with the team in 2015:

John Keim
    Mailbag
    "I think if they give [RG III] another year it's because they gave up a lot to get him and want to see if there's a chance the investment will pay off. And it's because of the wishes of the front office/ownership and not the coaches. They don't have the investment in him. I think Griffin is plenty motivated to try and become a great player. The question is, how much does he think he needs to learn? In the past, the coaches felt he didn't realize just how far he had to go as a passer and felt that stunted his desire to understand what he had to do. If Jay Gruden doesn't feel he can win with him, it's not worth keeping him around."

I like Gruden, no nonsense, good offensive mind and plenty of HC'ing experience (if you count arena football. I love the way he has handled the RG3 situation - no kid gloves!
    cysporsche
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by cysporsche Sun 7 Dec 2014 - 11:16

NYJETSDAN16 wrote:FUN FOOTBALL PACKED SUNDAY TODAY!!

Four teams that are ahead of the Jets in the draft can have their way today and may win their games.  If so and the Jets lose, We jump to the Number two overall pick.

Oakland vs San Francisco-
    The Raiders will be extreme underdogs in the one especially the ass whooping they took from St.Louis last week. Though, it makes them extremely dangerous to the 9ers as they may be looking past them.  
    Regardless of this outcome, Oakland remains with the top pick unless they win another match and we keep losing.  I see the Raiders as a huge threat to land Marcus Mariota.  Carr hasn't showed anything to demonstrate he's a franchise QB.  He's only a 2nd round pick in which the new regime that takes over in Oakland will want their own Signal Caller.  Therefore, LETS GO BLACK AND SILVER THE REST OF THE YEAR!!

Tennessee vs The Giants
    If there's a worse team than ours it's these two.  It's honestly a crapshoot though we must pull for the Titans as they're another team in the Mariota Hunt.  Tennessee also plays us next week at their house. The more wins for them the better for us.

Tampa Bay vs Detroit
    This one has all the makings of an upset.  Tampa fired their OC on Friday. Team looks down on it's luck and here comes Detroit to finish them off.  IMHO, Tampa plays hard defense and will continue to give Mathew Stafford a run for his money to continue his erratic career December blues.

Jacksonville vs Houston
    I honestly wanted Jax to hold onto their #1 overall pick just for the mere fact that we could have traded up with them as they already have their franchise QB in Blake Bortles.
    At this point, they're just a hurdle to jump over.  The more they're in front of us the more the Jets may have to give up in order to get Marcus Mariota by some chance the Raiders become clueless and want to trade out of the #1 overall selection.

Rooting hard for:
    Oakland
    Tennessee
    Tampa Bay
    Jacksonville[/size]

Dan, In that the Titans are also a two win team, I would think we should root for the Titans to beat the Giants; however, I'm hoping Mettenberger QB looks great the rest of the season to take the Titans out of the QB sweepstakes. I think they draft Amari Cooper WR in that they have no WR's.

Go Jets...Cyborg
    NYJETSDAN16
    NYJETSDAN16
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by NYJETSDAN16 Sun 7 Dec 2014 - 12:41

Old#15 wrote:
    Superman55 wrote:Jay Gruden would be a very solid possibility.  He is hard nosed and a very discipline focused coach.

December, 7, 2014
    DEC 7
    AM ET
    00COMMENTS0EMAILPRINT

John Keim
    Mailbag

I like Gruden, no nonsense, good offensive mind and plenty of HC'ing experience (if you count arena football.  I love the way he has handled the RG3 situation - no kid gloves!

i love Gruden, especially over Harbaugh.
    hobson54
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by hobson54 Sun 7 Dec 2014 - 12:51

jay gruden over jim harbaugh?

is that post for real???

harbaugh has a long track record of success.  turned around stanford and has made 3 consecutive nfc title games, as well as a super bowl.  jay gruden has coached in the arena league, been OC for the perpetually disappointing bengals, and has a 3-9 record in the pros.  jim harbaugh is 43-16-1.
    Superman55
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Superman55 Sun 7 Dec 2014 - 13:25

hobson54 wrote:jay gruden over jim harbaugh?

is that post for real???

harbaugh has a long track record of success.  turned around stanford and has made 3 consecutive nfc title games, as well as a super bowl.  jay gruden has coached in the arena league, been OC for the perpetually disappointing bengals, and has a 3-9 record in the pros.  jim harbaugh is 43-16-1.

Hobson - I 100% agree but you have to like what Gruden did with Dalton, how he handled RG3, and look how much the bengals O has struggled since he left (especially Dalton).
    NickSINYC
    NickSINYC
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

Post by NickSINYC Sun 7 Dec 2014 - 13:45

Harbough / Gruden heads up is no contest but any possible Harbaugh compensation needs to be factored in
    hobson54
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by hobson54 Sun 7 Dec 2014 - 15:14

Superman55 wrote:
    hobson54 wrote:jay gruden over jim harbaugh?

is that post for real???

Hobson - I 100% agree but you have to like what Gruden did with Dalton, how he handled RG3, and look how much the bengals O has struggled since he left (especially Dalton).

ok, hire him as OC for the next coach.

i've seen nothing to indicate he will be a good head coach. the skins are awful this year - that shouldn't get someone mention for the jets job.
    NickSINYC
    NickSINYC
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

Post by NickSINYC Sun 7 Dec 2014 - 18:56

Looks like the Raiders may actually win but that will just make another 2-11 teams that beats us with a tiebreakers come draft time

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon 29 Apr 2024 - 6:49