Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A New Community for Jets Fans

+28
football51
Pointdexter
Superman55
AFA2017
jetsfanshanghai
WilliesDad
SackExchange
soj
Seaver
skop
GratefulJet
HYATT™
The Wicker Man
Sarge
Blindsidebrick
NYJETSDAN16
Atljet60
Old#15
NCgreen12
jamesfyo123
danfran
JohnnyBaseball
Metjetgal
hobson54
McJet
trico990
jetkwondo
lnap23
32 posters

Around the League (Non-Jets Specific News)

Sarge
    Sarge
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Around the League (Non-Jets Specific News) - Page 22 Empty Re: Around the League (Non-Jets Specific News)

Post by Sarge Sun 11 Jan 2015 - 11:13

Mo Wilkerson ain't going nowhere. If a deal can't be worked out, he'll be franchised
    hobson54
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Around the League (Non-Jets Specific News) - Page 22 Empty Re: Around the League (Non-Jets Specific News)

Post by hobson54 Sun 11 Jan 2015 - 11:44

a friend of mine texted me that he was at a restaurant down in the boca area last night and was at the table next to rex and the bills brass. he has a picture with him and rex. knew the deal was done before the news broke this morning.

as to rex, he's going to a team with no QB, no 1st and 4th round pick, and a GM who just chased off the prior HC coming off their best season in a decade. and he stays in the same division with belichick. i think atlanta would have been a much better landing spot for him, but of course, atlanta was dragging it's feet. i would have rooted for rex in his next destination, but can't do that in division.
    danfran
    danfran
    Co-Pilot
    Co-Pilot

Post by danfran Sun 11 Jan 2015 - 12:17

hobson54 wrote:a friend of mine texted me that he was at a restaurant down in the boca area last night and was at the table next to rex and the bills brass.  he has a picture with him and rex.  knew the deal was done before the news broke this morning.

as to rex, he's going to a team with no QB, no 1st and 4th round pick, and a GM who just chased off the prior HC coming off their best season in a decade.  and he stays in the same division with belichick.  i think atlanta would have been a much better landing spot for him, but of course, atlanta was dragging it's feet.  i would have rooted for rex in his next destination, but can't do that in division.
    It's true he has no QB there-but he has defensive talent. I'm not happy he's staying in-division.
    NYJETSDAN16
    NYJETSDAN16
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by NYJETSDAN16 Sun 11 Jan 2015 - 12:33

So expect the usual:

"I definetly feel, with all conviction that EJ Manuel will be a star in this league"

I'am sorry folks, i loved Rex but his time was up already. Couldn't take this delusional talk anymore, especially when he was talking up Geno.
    GratefulJet
    GratefulJet
    Honorary Group Captain

Post by GratefulJet Sun 11 Jan 2015 - 13:17

hobson54 wrote:a friend of mine texted me that he was at a restaurant down in the boca area last night and was at the table next to rex and the bills brass.  he has a picture with him and rex.  knew the deal was done before the news broke this morning.

as to rex, he's going to a team with no QB, no 1st and 4th round pick, and a GM who just chased off the prior HC coming off their best season in a decade.  and he stays in the same division with belichick.  i think atlanta would have been a much better landing spot for him, but of course, atlanta was dragging it's feet.  i would have rooted for rex in his next destination, but can't do that in division.

I believe Mark Sanchez is a free agent? Twisted Evil
    Superman55
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Superman55 Sun 11 Jan 2015 - 13:24

Bears to pursue Gary Kubiak
    Updated: January 11, 2015, 1:12 PM ET
    ESPN.com news services
    186154COMMENTS20EMAILPRINT
    The Chicago Bears are expected to strongly pursue Baltimore Ravens offensive coordinator Gary Kubiak for their coaching vacancy, sources tell ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.

Chicago also has an interest in Seattle defensive coordinator Dan Quinn for the open head-coaching position.

However, in an ideal world, the Bears would like to match an experienced head coach with newly appointed rookie general manager, Ryan Pace.

Kubiak had said he wouldn't interview for any openings until the Ravens were eliminated from the postseason, which occurred Saturday night when they lost their AFC divisional game to the Patriots, 35-31.

He previously coached the Houston Texans from 2006-13, a background that could be attractive to the Bears, who have only once hired a head coach with previous experience -- Paddy Driscoll in 1956.

Pace, 37, joined the Bears after working 14 seasons with the New Orleans Saints, spending the past 13 years as a member of the player personnel department. Pace worked two seasons for the Saints as director of player of personnel, leading the club in all facets of scouting and the evaluation of college and pro prospects.

ESPN.com's Michael C. Wright contributed to this report.
    GratefulJet
    GratefulJet
    Honorary Group Captain

Post by GratefulJet Sun 11 Jan 2015 - 13:27

Has Kubiak ever worked with Cutler?

Edit: Never mind, the answer is no, as Kubiak spent the previous 7 years in Houston before this past season in Baltimore.

Last edited by GratefulJet on Sun 11 Jan 2015 - 13:31; edited 1 time in total
    Superman55
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Superman55 Sun 11 Jan 2015 - 13:30

Top 2 on #Jets' list >> MT @RapSheet: Quick coaching search update: At this point, #Falcons appear to narrow their search to Bowles + Quinn
    Superman55
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Superman55 Sun 11 Jan 2015 - 13:31

Will Revis select Pats, Bills, or Jets as a free agent this spring...could be a bidding war on the horizon...
    Superman55
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Superman55 Sun 11 Jan 2015 - 13:53

Report: Greg Roman expected to join Rex Ryan in Buffalo

Posted by Josh Alper on January 11, 2015, 11:13 AM EST
    San Diego Chargers v San Francisco 49ers
    Getty Images
    The inability to develop a quarterback and a consistent offensive attack helped Rex Ryan lose his job with the Jets at the end of the regular season, which means he’s fully aware of the problems that could arise if the Bills follow the same script under his tutelage.

With the benched EJ Manuel at the top of the quarterback depth chart and no first-round pick in 2015, that’s a fairly reasonable concern. According to Adam Schefter of ESPN, Greg Roman will be charged with making sure that things don’t go down that way.

Schefter reports that Roman is expected to be hired as Ryan’s offensive coordinator in Buffalo. Roman and Ryan spent time together as assistants in Baltimore before Roman went to Stanford and started a working relationship with Jim Harbaugh that took him to the offensive coordinator job with the 49ers.

That job went well for three years as the 49ers advanced to at least the NFC Championship Game each year and went to the Super Bowl with Colin Kaepernick, but they slipped to 8-8 this year with a passing offense that misfired on a grand scale. Roman will have to turn that around in Buffalo whether Manuel or someone else is the quarterback or Ryan’s tenure in Buffalo could play out a lot like his first stop in the AFC East.
    SackExchange
    SackExchange

Post by SackExchange Sun 11 Jan 2015 - 14:07

Superman55 wrote:Will Revis select Pats, Bills, or Jets as a free agent this spring...could be a bidding war on the horizon...
    Watch he signs with Miami.
    SackExchange
    SackExchange

Post by SackExchange Sun 11 Jan 2015 - 14:17

danfran wrote:

It's true he has no QB there-but he has defensive talent. I'm not happy he's staying in-division.
    He definitely has defensive talent. I'm not sure it fits his system.

Mario Williams is an awful fit for his system. Williams is a perfect 4-3 DE. What are you going to do with him in Rex's system? Ask him to take double-teams and occupy blockers? Or move him to OLB?
    hobson54
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by hobson54 Sun 11 Jan 2015 - 14:43

Superman55 wrote:Report: Greg Roman expected to join Rex Ryan in Buffalo

Posted by Josh Alper on January 11, 2015, 11:13 AM EST
    San Diego Chargers v San Francisco 49ers
    Getty Images
    The inability to develop a quarterback and a consistent offensive attack helped Rex Ryan lose his job with the Jets at the end of the regular season, which means he’s fully aware of the problems that could arise if the Bills follow the same script under his tutelage.

With the benched EJ Manuel at the top of the quarterback depth chart and no first-round pick in 2015, that’s a fairly reasonable concern. According to Adam Schefter of ESPN, Greg Roman will be charged with making sure that things don’t go down that way.

Schefter reports that Roman is expected to be hired as Ryan’s offensive coordinator in Buffalo. Roman and Ryan spent time together as assistants in Baltimore before Roman went to Stanford and started a working relationship with Jim Harbaugh that took him to the offensive coordinator job with the 49ers.

That job went well for three years as the 49ers advanced to at least the NFC Championship Game each year and went to the Super Bowl with Colin Kaepernick, but they slipped to 8-8 this year with a passing offense that misfired on a grand scale. Roman will have to turn that around in Buffalo whether Manuel or someone else is the quarterback or Ryan’s tenure in Buffalo could play out a lot like his first stop in the AFC East.

not overly impressed with roman. he once was a rising star but seemed to have lost his luster. i think rex would have been better off going with trestman as rumored. better offensive and QB coach imo.
    SackExchange
    SackExchange

Post by SackExchange Sun 11 Jan 2015 - 14:56

Niners fans were ready to ship Roman out of town. But I'm sure there was some armchairing going on there, too.
    NickSINYC
    NickSINYC
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

Post by NickSINYC Sun 11 Jan 2015 - 15:46

SackExchange wrote:
    danfran wrote:

He definitely has defensive talent. I'm not sure it fits his system.

Mario Williams is an awful fit for his system. Williams is a perfect 4-3 DE. What are you going to do with him in Rex's system? Ask him to take double-teams and occupy blockers? Or move him to OLB?

What would be good for Rex and bad for us is he actually proved he was a defensive genius. I have always felt Rex was not. he was just a very good coach who could coach his system. To me for a coach to be a genius he needs to reinvent his system and put players where they belong in a system that works for their talent. Not plug them in the wrong spot you need them to play in your system. IMO Rex constantly plugged round pegs in square holes just to keep playing what he was comfortable with.
    Blindsidebrick
    Honorary Wing Commander
    Honorary Wing Commander

Post by Blindsidebrick Sun 11 Jan 2015 - 16:26

Superman55 wrote:Will Revis select Pats, Bills, or Jets as a free agent this spring...could be a bidding war on the horizon...

Revis will sign with whoever promises to re-work his contract every year to pay him more than his original contract.
    football51
    football51
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by football51 Sun 11 Jan 2015 - 16:43

Kimberley A. MartinVerified account
    ‏@KMart_LI HA! RT @WillBrinson: Now if only we could figure out who will quarterback for Buffalo…

Around the League (Non-Jets Specific News) - Page 22 B7EnBYGIYAE3KaI
    football51
    football51
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by football51 Sun 11 Jan 2015 - 17:12

Joe Caporoso
    ‏@TurnOnTheJets Fingers crossed that Rex brings Wilson, Landry, Colon, Pace, Thurman and Lee to Buffalo. Please build that 4-12 team in the division

Joe Caporoso
    ‏@TurnOnTheJets Praying for Sanchez at QB in Buffalo, with Wilson as the slot CB, Landry as the "mentor" safety, Pace on the edge and Cumberland at TE

Superman55
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Superman55 Sun 11 Jan 2015 - 17:19

LaRon Landry getting toasted by J. Thomas, talking about a Landry.
    NickSINYC
    NickSINYC
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

Post by NickSINYC Sun 11 Jan 2015 - 17:21

football51 wrote:

Joe Caporoso
    ‏@TurnOnTheJets   Fingers crossed that Rex brings Wilson, Landry, Colon, Pace, Thurman and Lee to Buffalo. Please build that 4-12 team in the division

Joe Caporoso
    ‏@TurnOnTheJets   Praying for Sanchez at QB in Buffalo, with Wilson as the slot CB, Landry as the "mentor" safety, Pace on the edge and Cumberland at TE

Go for it Rex please
    Superman55
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Superman55 Sun 11 Jan 2015 - 17:24

He can have Vick too.
    football51
    football51
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by football51 Sun 11 Jan 2015 - 17:27

SackExchange
    SackExchange

Post by SackExchange Sun 11 Jan 2015 - 18:51

I fully expect Rex to come out early, get the Bills playing well, but as soon as his players figure out that he will never hold them accountable for anything, they will know they don't have to work hard or play smart. 2015 might be a decent season for the Bills, but as soon as they start losing and Rex keeps boasting and having their backs, that's it. He will lose that locker room.
    NickSINYC
    NickSINYC
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

Post by NickSINYC Sun 11 Jan 2015 - 19:06

Does anyone know if either Roman or Schwartz are strict disciplinarians.
    Superman55
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Superman55 Sun 11 Jan 2015 - 19:06

SackExchange wrote:I fully expect Rex to come out early, get the Bills playing well, but as soon as his players figure out that he will never hold them accountable for anything, they will know they don't have to work hard or play smart. 2015 might be a decent season for the Bills, but as soon as they start losing and Rex keeps boasting and having their backs, that's it. He will lose that locker room.

Well, the secondary is young, but ourside of Dareus, the dline is getting older. Mario and Kevin Williams are aging. Kiko will be back next year though and is a nice building block to go with Dareus when he isn't suspended.

They're stuck with EJ, so I'd guess 8-8 at best. I hope we grab Bradford and keep him away from them. If they get Bradford, I am seriously worried about them. I feel he would instantly be the 2nd best QB in our division if he lands here or Buffalo...plus they have Woods and Watkins to go with Spiller and Jackson...not exactly void of weapons.

If Bills get Bradford, I think they can contend for the AFC East and would consider them better than Miami.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed 15 May 2024 - 5:44