Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A New Community for Jets Fans

+28
football51
Pointdexter
Superman55
AFA2017
jetsfanshanghai
WilliesDad
SackExchange
soj
Seaver
skop
GratefulJet
HYATT™
The Wicker Man
Sarge
Blindsidebrick
NYJETSDAN16
Atljet60
Old#15
NCgreen12
jamesfyo123
danfran
JohnnyBaseball
Metjetgal
hobson54
McJet
trico990
jetkwondo
lnap23
32 posters

Around the League (Non-Jets Specific News)

Superman55
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Around the League (Non-Jets Specific News) - Page 19 Empty Re: Around the League (Non-Jets Specific News)

Post by Superman55 Sun 4 Jan 2015 - 21:10

Superman55
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Around the League (Non-Jets Specific News) - Page 19 Empty Re: Around the League (Non-Jets Specific News)

Post by Superman55 Tue 6 Jan 2015 - 0:00

Corey Griffin 1h
    Oh... my. RT @JohnMiddlekauff A source told me Mike Shanahan could take on a GM type role in Buffalo while Kyle became the head coach
    cysporsche
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by cysporsche Tue 6 Jan 2015 - 12:11

The "next Wayne Chrebet", Ryan Spadola WR was just signed by the Arizona Cardinals. He's been passed around more than a "joint" @ a Grateful Dead concert !

Go Jets...Cyborg
    hobson54
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by hobson54 Tue 6 Jan 2015 - 12:13

cysporsche wrote:The "next Wayne Chrebet", Ryan Spadola WR was just signed by the Arizona Cardinals. He's been passed around more than a "joint" @ a Grateful Dead concert !

Go Jets...Cyborg

lol!

(too bad we don't have the old "smoking" emoticon from the old board)
    Sarge
    Sarge
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Sarge Tue 6 Jan 2015 - 13:43

Dear Lord, please let Mike and Kyle Shanahan take over in Buffalo! Thank you,Your humble Servant, Sarge
    Superman55
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Superman55 Tue 6 Jan 2015 - 23:26

Good old Johnny Football. What one bad pick can do to a team... Wheels quickly coming off the bus in Cleveland.

http://m.espn.go.com/nfl/story?storyId=12129878

Superman55
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Superman55 Wed 7 Jan 2015 - 12:52

Mike Shanahan - OT - Free Agent
    ESPN's Ed Werder reports the Bears are not considering ex-Redskins coach Mike Shanahan for their head-coaching vacancy.
    Shanahan would have loved to reunite with Jay Cutler in Chicago, and it made plenty of sense because the two have had plenty of success in the past together, but the Bears seem to be heading in a different direction. The Raiders, 49ers, and Bills are three teams said to be looking into the elder Shanahan.

Mike Smith - DT - Free Agent
    ESPN Giants writer Dan Graziano expects ex-Falcons coach Mike Smith to be a candidate for New York's defensive-coordinator vacancy.
    Smith is said to be "well liked and respected" by coach Tom Coughlin. The two have never worked together, but Smith took over as the Jaguars' defensive coordinator in 2003, the season after Coughlin was fired by Jacksonville. Graziano mentions Bills DL coach Pepper Johnson, Ravens DBs coach Steve Spagnuolo, Falcons DC Mike Nolan, ex-Raiders coach Dennis Allen, Bills DC Jim Schwartz, and 49ers DC Vic Fangio as other candidates for the Giants' DC gig.
    Sarge
    Sarge
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Sarge Wed 7 Jan 2015 - 13:04

We need to go ahead and hire a coach so he can assemble a staff before all the good candidates get picked over.
    Seaver
    Seaver
    Pilot
    Pilot

Post by Seaver Wed 7 Jan 2015 - 15:42

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000455062/article/report-bills-gm-wants-next-coach-to-revive-ej-manuel

gooooood luck to this GM staying employed beyond 2015. EJ is his baby and now he is forcing him upon a new HC. Now all they do need is Shanahan - but my guess is Shanny and Son are smarter than taking that bait after the debacle in WAS.
    Seaver
    Seaver
    Pilot
    Pilot

Post by Seaver Wed 7 Jan 2015 - 15:43

I think we can also rule out Rex going to BUF. He faced Manuel and I don't think he was impressed.
    Superman55
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Superman55 Wed 7 Jan 2015 - 16:02

Seaver wrote:http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000455062/article/report-bills-gm-wants-next-coach-to-revive-ej-manuel

gooooood luck to this GM staying employed beyond 2015.  EJ is his baby and now he is forcing him upon a new HC.  Now all they do need is Shanahan - but my guess is Shanny and Son are smarter than taking that bait after the debacle in WAS.

wonder why Marrone wanted out...

This GM is a buffoon. I loved Watkins coming out, but not for 2 first rd picks and a later rd pick, he's only 6'0.

And I know some on this board loved Manual coming out, but he was always a 3rd rd prospect (always). Pointdexter and I don't agree on Winston, but we were 100% not on the Manual bandwagon when he came out (Cy and Nick are/were fans as I remember...and Mike Greenberg of course had a crush on him when I used to listen to that crappy show). Manual is closer to Logan Thomas QB Va-Tech who came out last year than a rd 1 talent. Yuck.

...poor Frank Reich...

NickSINYC
    NickSINYC
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

Post by NickSINYC Wed 7 Jan 2015 - 16:12

Superman55 wrote:
    Seaver wrote:http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000455062/article/report-bills-gm-wants-next-coach-to-revive-ej-manuel

gooooood luck to this GM staying employed beyond 2015.  EJ is his baby and now he is forcing him upon a new HC.  Now all they do need is Shanahan - but my guess is Shanny and Son are smarter than taking that bait after the debacle in WAS.

This GM is a buffoon.  I loved Watkins coming out, but not for 2 first rd picks and a later rd pick, he's only 6'0.

And I know some on this board loved Manual coming out, but he was always a 3rd rd prospect (always).  Pointdexter and I don't agree on Winston, but we were 100% not on the Manual bandwagon when he came out (Cy and Nick are/were fans as I remember...and Mike Greenberg of course had a crush on him when I used to listen to that crappy show).  Manual is closer to Logan Thomas QB Va-Tech who came out last year than a rd 1 talent.  Yuck.

...poor Frank Reich...

I did like EJ over Geno. The same way I still have not totally written off Geno and would like to see if he can progress in the future I feel the same way about EJ. I would not hand him the job and would want competition there but I would not cut him loose either.
    football51
    football51
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by football51 Wed 7 Jan 2015 - 16:21

Nick WagonerVerified account
    ‏@nwagoner
    Rams confirm. Brian Schottenheimer headed to Georgia. Rams are officially in market for an offensive coordinator.
    Seaver
    Seaver
    Pilot
    Pilot

Post by Seaver Wed 7 Jan 2015 - 16:38

FSU alumni I know couldn't stand Manuel and his brain dead play. He was terrible. He is terrible. He has the same problem that Geno does - he will take 5 years or more to make competent.
    Seaver
    Seaver
    Pilot
    Pilot

Post by Seaver Wed 7 Jan 2015 - 16:39

football51 wrote:

‏@nwagoner
    Rams confirm. Brian Schottenheimer headed to Georgia. Rams are officially in market for an offensive coordinator.

I see he got off that bus before being thrown in front of it.
    Pointdexter
    Navigator
    Navigator

Post by Pointdexter Wed 7 Jan 2015 - 16:44

Seaver wrote:FSU alumni I know couldn't stand Manuel and his brain dead play.  He was terrible.  He is terrible.  He has the same problem that Geno does - he will take 5 years or more to make competent.

This is true. Terrible is a bit extreme but he was never anywhere near as good as he should have been. His play never equaled the sum of his individual tools. Great kid but is missing something important in the cerebral part of the game.
    Blindsidebrick
    Honorary Wing Commander
    Honorary Wing Commander

Post by Blindsidebrick Wed 7 Jan 2015 - 17:27

Seaver wrote:
    football51 wrote:

‏@nwagoner

For a guy that gets executed as much as he does by some Jets fans, it's interesting how the guy keeps getting jobs. He's doing something right.
    hobson54
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by hobson54 Wed 7 Jan 2015 - 17:48

Blindsidebrick wrote:
    Seaver wrote:
    football51 wrote:

‏@nwagoner

For a guy that gets executed as much as he does by some Jets fans, it's interesting how the guy keeps getting jobs. He's doing something right.

not sure how going from pro coordinator to collegiate coordinator is "doing something right"

sounds like fisher pushed him out, or at least suggested he find another job before he got fired
    cysporsche
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by cysporsche Wed 7 Jan 2015 - 18:11

Superman55 wrote:

This GM is a buffoon.  I loved Watkins coming out, but not for 2 first rd picks and a later rd pick, he's only 6'0.

And I know some on this board loved Manual coming out, but he was always a 3rd rd prospect (always).  Pointdexter and I don't agree on Winston, but we were 100% not on the Manual bandwagon when he came out (Cy and Nick are/were fans as I remember...and Mike Greenberg of course had a crush on him when I used to listen to that crappy show).  Manual is closer to Logan Thomas QB Va-Tech who came out last year than a rd 1 talent.  Yuck.

...poor Frank Reich...

Kevin, If you are going to quote my name, please get your facts right. I've never been a fan of E J Manuel. Make your switched / flipped opinion without bringing up 2 year old post. Bang Head

Go Jets...Cyborg
    football51
    football51
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by football51 Wed 7 Jan 2015 - 18:16

Ian RapoportVerified account
    ‏@RapSheet
    Big changes in Atlanta. #Falcons restructure front office, with Scott Pioli taking over pro and college scouting. Thomas Dimitroff does cap

‏@RapSheet
    For #Falcons, Scott Pioli will report to Thomas Dimitroff. Meanwhile, the new coach will report to owner Arthur Blank.

cysporsche
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by cysporsche Wed 7 Jan 2015 - 18:24

Blindsidebrick wrote:
    Seaver wrote:
    football51 wrote:

‏@nwagoner

Schotty is "doing" one thing right, have you seen his foxy wife ? Shocked

Go Jets...Cyborg
    NickSINYC
    NickSINYC
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

Post by NickSINYC Wed 7 Jan 2015 - 18:26

football51 wrote:

‏@RapSheet
    Big changes in Atlanta. #Falcons restructure front office, with Scott Pioli taking over pro and college scouting. Thomas Dimitroff does cap

‏@RapSheet
    For #Falcons, Scott Pioli will report to Thomas Dimitroff. Meanwhile, the new coach will report to owner Arthur Blank.

new HC reporting directly to Blank might bode well for Rexs' chances there
    football51
    football51
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by football51 Wed 7 Jan 2015 - 18:33

Albert BreerVerified account
    ‏@AlbertBreer
    The Falcons also announced that both GM Thomas Dimitroff and the new coach will report directly to Blank. Kansas City is set up that way.
    football51
    football51
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by football51 Wed 7 Jan 2015 - 18:53

‏@AlbertBreer
    Source says Falcons GM Thomas Dimitroff retains final say and will be responsible for picking players. Vision is like Baltimore's model.

‏@AlbertBreer
    Dimitroff's "final say" is over Falcons' draft and free agency. Final say over the 53-man roster still not determined, could go to the coach

‏@AlbertBreer
    And when I say Ravens model for the Falcons, I mean Thomas Dimitroff in the Ozzie role and Scott Pioli as DeCosta.

Blindsidebrick
    Honorary Wing Commander
    Honorary Wing Commander

Post by Blindsidebrick Wed 7 Jan 2015 - 21:12

hobson54 wrote:
    Blindsidebrick wrote:
    Seaver wrote:
    football51 wrote:

‏@nwagoner

not sure how going from pro coordinator to collegiate coordinator is "doing something right"

sounds like fisher pushed him out, or at least suggested he find another job before he got fired

I don't think the guy was brilliant or anything. Just think the criticism he gets from some Jets fans is loony. If he was that bad, he'd be working a 9-5 job somewhere by now. That OC position at Georgia is nothing to sniff at.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun 19 May 2024 - 17:14