Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A New Community for Jets Fans

+15
NYJETSDAN16
lnap23
JohnnyBaseball
Old#15
SackExchange
The Wicker Man
jetfandreamer
football51
Blindsidebrick
cysporsche
hobson54
Superman55
GratefulJet
Seaver
Sarge
19 posters

My Unofficial Next Coach Odds

football51
    football51
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

My Unofficial Next Coach Odds - Page 2 Empty Re: My Unofficial Next Coach Odds

Post by football51 Fri 28 Nov 2014 - 14:34

I think if Idzik is still here, his choice will be Quinn. We may have a long wait to hire a coach then since we'll have to wait until Seattle gets eliminated from the playoffs.
    football51
    football51
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by football51 Fri 28 Nov 2014 - 14:54

Joe Caporoso @TurnOnTheJets  ·  17h 17 hours ago
    Another encouraging quote on Quinn. Intriguing candidate

My Unofficial Next Coach Odds - Page 2 B3fwBZoCAAAyT8Y

Joe Caporoso @TurnOnTheJets · 17h 17 hours ago
    Anti-Rex: http://mmqb.si.com/2014/08/06/dan-quinn-seattle-seahawks/ … RT @Mavericknyc1980: @TurnOnTheJets why Quinn

My Unofficial Next Coach Odds - Page 2 B3fs3MTCcAECx6p
    football51
    football51
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by football51 Fri 28 Nov 2014 - 15:05

So, according to the SI link, Quinn is atop the list of highly sought after coaches. If Idzik is here and picks Quinn(they are close friends), it'll be interesting to read the media/fan reaction then.
    football51
    football51
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by football51 Fri 28 Nov 2014 - 15:12

Joe Caporoso @TurnOnTheJets · 18h 18 hours ago
    Harbaugh is everybody's dream candidate (mine included). My other favorite names are Quinn, Malzahn, Shanahan, Bowles #Jets
    Sarge
    Sarge
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Sarge Fri 28 Nov 2014 - 18:51

Harbaugh is not my dream candidate
    GratefulJet
    GratefulJet
    Honorary Group Captain

Post by GratefulJet Fri 28 Nov 2014 - 19:26

I don't see Harbaugh coming here. He has no connection to the Jets, and it would be a lateral move unless they gave him a Belichek type of role, so he'd end up being Idzik's boss as well. If he leaves SF, it's either for the Bears or Michigan. Or perhaps his wife tells him to suck it up and make it work with the 49ers. Cool

My preference is for a head coach with the following qualities: high intelligence, deep experience with at least one successful football program, offensive prowess, QB mentoring experience, demonstrable managerial and leadership qualities, and a strong drive to succeed. I don't know who fits that bill, but it's my wish list.
    hobson54
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by hobson54 Sat 29 Nov 2014 - 11:51

GratefulJet wrote:I don't see Harbaugh coming here. He has no connection to the Jets, and it would be a lateral move unless they gave him a Belichek type of role, so he'd end up being Idzik's boss as well. If he leaves SF, it's either for the Bears or Michigan. Or perhaps his wife tells him to suck it up and make it work with the 49ers. Cool

My preference is for a head coach with the following qualities: high intelligence, deep experience with at least one successful football program, offensive prowess, QB mentoring experience, demonstrable managerial and leadership qualities, and a strong drive to succeed. I don't know who fits that bill, but it's my wish list.

you just described jim harbaugh. but i agree, he has no connection to the jets and will likely end up at michigan (please please) or da bears
    Sarge
    Sarge
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Sarge Sat 29 Nov 2014 - 12:09

My concern is if Atlanta or Carolina makes a coaching change, because they have established QBs, the better offense candidates like Pep Hamilton, Darrell Bevell, or Adam Gase might rather go there. Which I would totally understand.

If we have to "settle" for Dan Quinn or Todd Bowles. I'd be okay with that
    football51
    football51
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by football51 Sat 29 Nov 2014 - 15:17

Sarge
    Sarge
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Sarge Tue 2 Dec 2014 - 16:01

Brady Hoke out at Michigan, that could have impact on NFL hires even if Harbaugh doesn't go there

Florida, Michigan,  and Nebraska have openings, which creates a major ripple at the coordinator and position coach level in college and NFL
    Superman55
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Superman55 Tue 2 Dec 2014 - 16:25

football51 wrote:Five potential HC candidates.

http://turnonthejets.com/2014/11/new-york-jets-head-coach/

Harbough, Bowles, and Quinn would be my top 3 from that list. No to Shanahan.
    football51
    football51
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by football51 Tue 2 Dec 2014 - 16:36

Superman55 wrote:
    football51 wrote:Five potential HC candidates.

http://turnonthejets.com/2014/11/new-york-jets-head-coach/

Harbough, Bowles, and Quinn would be my top 3 from that list.  No to Shanahan.  

I was reading up on some of them, and I saw that Bowles is a Jersey guy who went to Temple(He may get Mo's vote), and Quinn who is also a Jersey guy went to William Penn(Snacks went there).
    Sarge
    Sarge
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Sarge Tue 2 Dec 2014 - 17:50

Bowles was also a former jets assistant
    jetfandreamer
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

Post by jetfandreamer Tue 2 Dec 2014 - 21:45

Someone mentioned Rich Rod..and I absolutely think he should be looked into..although he is the INVENTOR of the spread option..he also seems to be an innovator, and a motivator and a guy that elevates every team he heas ever ran..

Jets would be foolish at least not to investigate,,

Also..doubt he would leave ND, but give Brian Kelly a call and sweet talk him..another great mind

These guys are just as good candidates as some mentioned...and they are offensive minded guys..I dont want a defense minded coach
    Sarge
    Sarge
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Sarge Tue 2 Dec 2014 - 21:50

Rich Rod is cool with me, Brian Kelly too. A Rod and Kelly Ripa wouldn't be any worse than what we have now
    hobson54
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by hobson54 Wed 3 Dec 2014 - 9:39

if brian kelly is the next jets coach, i may stop watching the team. he is a giant d-bag who i would hate to have leading my favorite team. and i think he's a bit over-rated because of all the ND hype. last i checked, his team is 7-5, having lost 5 of the last 6 games. and did i mention, he is a giant d-bag...

as to rich rod, very good college coach, but not made for the pros - in either style of offense or temperament.
    The Wicker Man
    The Wicker Man
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

Post by The Wicker Man Wed 3 Dec 2014 - 10:05

I have no clue so I'll just cross my fingers and hope we find the right fit.
    SackExchange
    SackExchange

Post by SackExchange Wed 3 Dec 2014 - 10:10

hobson54 wrote:if brian kelly is the next jets coach, i may stop watching the team.  he is a giant d-bag who i would hate to have leading my favorite team.  and i think he's a bit over-rated because of all the ND hype.  last i checked, his team is 7-5, having lost 5 of the last 6 games.  and did i mention, he is a giant d-bag...

as to rich rod, very good college coach, but not made for the pros - in either style of offense or temperament.  
    Totally agree with all of this.

Rich Rod might be successful in college, but it would not translate to the pros.

And Brian Kelly is reprehensible. Just an awful person. I want him nowhere near the Jets.
    Old#15
    Honorary Air Commander
    Honorary Air Commander

Post by Old#15 Wed 3 Dec 2014 - 10:36

SackExchange wrote:
    hobson54 wrote:if brian kelly is the next jets coach, i may stop watching the team.  he is a giant d-bag who i would hate to have leading my favorite team.  and i think he's a bit over-rated because of all the ND hype.  last i checked, his team is 7-5, having lost 5 of the last 6 games.  and did i mention, he is a giant d-bag...

Rich Rod might be successful in college, but it would not translate to the pros.

And Brian Kelly is reprehensible. Just an awful person. I want him nowhere near the Jets.

Didn't many folks say the same thing about Chip Kelly?
    SackExchange
    SackExchange

Post by SackExchange Wed 3 Dec 2014 - 10:45

Old#15 wrote:
    SackExchange wrote:

Didn't many folks say the same thing about Chip Kelly?
    True, but they also said it about Holtz, Spurrier, Saban...
    Seaver
    Seaver
    Pilot
    Pilot

Post by Seaver Wed 3 Dec 2014 - 12:43

let's say it's Quinn.......the KEY question out of that would be what staff of coaches can he tap on the shoulder? Specifically, where would he look to grab an OC? You'd have to figure he should want someone he knows/trusts.
    Seaver
    Seaver
    Pilot
    Pilot

Post by Seaver Wed 3 Dec 2014 - 12:45

I would have a problem with Rich Rod.........no integrity. Remember the file burning fiasco when they started sniffing around his WV program?
    hobson54
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by hobson54 Wed 3 Dec 2014 - 13:47

Seaver wrote:I would have a problem with Rich Rod.........no integrity.  Remember the file burning fiasco when they started sniffing around his WV program?  

that was all a bunch of crap. scorned WV people made crazy allegations against Rich Rod when he took the Michigan job. while I'm not in favor of him as the Jets coach (don't think he's suited for the nfl), I have no problem with his integrity. from his time at Michigan (in which he failed as a coach), he handled himself with class and integrity even as he was being sabotaged by his own athletic department.

good man, good coach, just not suited to the pro game
    JohnnyBaseball
    JohnnyBaseball
    Honorary Air Commander
    Honorary Air Commander

Post by JohnnyBaseball Wed 3 Dec 2014 - 14:02

1,000,000 - 1 ........................................... Tom Coughlin

I think he's the type of guy we need, though.
    Sarge
    Sarge
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Sarge Wed 3 Dec 2014 - 16:18

I really think the next Jets coach will be one if these 5

Darrell Bevell
    Pep Hamilton
    Dan Quinn
    Todd Bowles
    Adam Gase

Might put Kubiak just on the outside of the top group

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun 19 May 2024 - 11:09