Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A New Community for Jets Fans

+15
NYJETSDAN16
lnap23
JohnnyBaseball
Old#15
SackExchange
The Wicker Man
jetfandreamer
football51
Blindsidebrick
cysporsche
hobson54
Superman55
GratefulJet
Seaver
Sarge
19 posters

My Unofficial Next Coach Odds

Sarge
    Sarge
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

My Unofficial Next Coach Odds - Page 5 Empty Re: My Unofficial Next Coach Odds

Post by Sarge Thu 11 Dec 2014 - 8:32

Paul Chryst from Pitt and Bevell are the 2 names thrown around the most on the Wisconsin rumor mill right now. Some fans seem to want Muschamp. There are a lot of good options.
    cysporsche
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by cysporsche Thu 11 Dec 2014 - 12:09

Todd Haley would be a good HC because:

1) He started as a NY Jet Scout 95-96
    2) He was our WR / Ast.O.C. 97-2000
    3) He did such a good job as OC for the Cards, that the Chiefs gave him a job as HC.
    4) He is now the OC for the Steelers. Any coincidence Big Ben always has great WR play.
    5) He is an offensive genius @ 47 who runs a tight ship, knows the draft process, and how to groom WR & QB play.

Go Jets...Cyborg
    Sarge
    Sarge
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Sarge Thu 11 Dec 2014 - 12:28

Haley would be okay with me.
    GratefulJet
    GratefulJet
    Honorary Group Captain

Post by GratefulJet Fri 12 Dec 2014 - 2:44

Sarge wrote:Paul Chryst from Pitt and Bevell are the 2 names thrown around the most on the Wisconsin rumor mill right now.  Some fans seem to want Muschamp.    There are a lot of good options.  

Looks like Chryst Almighty is getting the Wisconsin job. Good call.
    Superman55
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Superman55 Fri 12 Dec 2014 - 6:36

cysporsche wrote:Todd Haley would be a good HC because:

3) He did such a good job as OC for the Cards, that the Chiefs gave him a job as HC.
    4) He is now the OC for the Steelers. Any coincidence Big Ben always has great WR play.
    5) He is an offensive genius @ 47 who runs a tight ship, knows the draft process, and how to groom WR & QB play.

Go Jets...Cyborg

Smile steelers fans and players can't wait till he's gone so I'm sure he's available.  

After seeing what he and his offense did against our pathetic D (didn't rookie Teddy Bridgewater just carve us up), but Haley with Big Ben and Brown and Bell couldn't...

This would be an all time bad hire...

Think of it this way, Tomlin was one of the hottest young coaches in the NFL...until Haley got there. He's been on the hot seat ever since.
    Sarge
    Sarge
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Sarge Fri 12 Dec 2014 - 7:25

Dodged a bullet with Wisconsin. Bevell still #1 on my list. Doubt Pitt affects our search any
    Pitt needs to hire Herman from Ohio St
    GratefulJet
    GratefulJet
    Honorary Group Captain

Post by GratefulJet Fri 12 Dec 2014 - 7:30

Superman55 wrote:

Go Jets...Cyborg

Smile steelers fans and players can't wait till he's gone so I'm sure he's available.  

After seeing what he and his offense did against our pathetic D (didn't rookie Teddy Bridgewater just carve us up), but Haley with Big Ben and Brown and Bell couldn't...

Think of it this way, Tomlin was one of the hottest young coaches in the NFL...until Haley got there.  He's been on the hot seat ever since.

Isn't Todd Haley the son of Dick Haley, former Jets GM?  

While they clearly looked past us, I thought overall the Steelers' offense has been pretty good this year: 2nd in the NFL in yards per game, 6th in PPG. I have no idea what the Steelers fans think of Haley, but I can't imagine they're ready to run him out of town, given those rankings. Even Jets fans would find someone else to complain about first. Very Happy

It's the Blitzburgh defense that has struggled: 15th in YPG, 21st in PPG.
    Superman55
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Superman55 Fri 12 Dec 2014 - 7:41

GratefulJet wrote:
    Superman55 wrote:

Go Jets...Cyborg

Think of it this way, Tomlin was one of the hottest young coaches in the NFL...until Haley got there.  He's been on the hot seat ever since.

Isn't Todd Haley the son of Dick Haley, former Jets GM?  

While they clearly looked past us, I thought overall the Steelers' offense has been pretty good this year: 2nd in the NFL in yards per game, 6th in PPG. I have no idea what the Steelers fans think of Haley, but I can't imagine they're ready to run him out of town, given those rankings. Even Jets fans would find someone else to complain about first. Very Happy

It's the Blitzburgh defense that has struggled: 15th in YPG, 21st in PPG.

Well, I agree with some of that or sure, their DBs are terrible and Shazier and Jones have been hurt all year.

I think the concerns are in the inconsistencies, looks at the Steelers offense this year vs the Jags, Tampaand Jets (the road game vs Baltimore was awful too, but that's a tough spot).

To not show up in those game is a concern to me. That, and every offseason Big Ben is complaining about the offense.
    Sarge
    Sarge
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Sarge Fri 12 Dec 2014 - 14:13

Michigan had hired a search firm to help find a coach, suggesting that Harbaugh isn't a done deal. This will make Harbaugh more likely to be next Jets coach when my new odds come out Monday
    hobson54
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by hobson54 Fri 12 Dec 2014 - 14:36

Sarge wrote:Michigan had hired a search firm to help find a coach, suggesting that Harbaugh isn't a done deal.  This will make Harbaugh more likely to be next Jets coach when my new odds come out Monday

harbaugh is very much in play for michigan. the purpose of the search firm is two-fold - 1 - buy time to allow harbaugh to finish the season in SF, and 2 - if harbaugh says no, help with hiring a coach. and the search firm was mentioned over a week ago, so this isn't anything new. when hoke was let go, the interim AD said he will retain a search firm to help with the search (ironically the same firm - Korn Ferry - and same person - Jed Hughes? - that brought us Idzik)

you are right harbaugh isn't a done deal. never has been. the job, along with a rumored HUGE package, is there for the taking. no one knows what he will do, perhaps including jim. many people remain optimistic in michigan-land
    Sarge
    Sarge
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Sarge Fri 12 Dec 2014 - 14:39

Ok, his odds will stay the same then
    Sarge
    Sarge
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Sarge Fri 12 Dec 2014 - 23:56

Sean Payton on Michigan's shortlist?
    hobson54
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by hobson54 Sat 13 Dec 2014 - 10:54

Sarge wrote:Sean Payton on Michigan's shortlist?

as crazy as it sounds, his name keeps popping up from credible sources as one of the top "non-harbaugh" candidates.

personally i find it hard to believe (and payton has said he has no intention of leaving the saints, as opposed to JH who hasn't exactly denounced any links between he and michigan), but it would make me really giddy if it were true.
    Sarge
    Sarge
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Sarge Sun 14 Dec 2014 - 22:01

49ers are out of the playoffs, we might see some Harbaugh movement this week
    hobson54
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by hobson54 Sun 14 Dec 2014 - 22:16

Sarge wrote:49ers are out of the playoffs, we might see some Harbaugh movement this week

you could possibly see some movement on the michigan front, but unless the niners fire him, i doubt thee would be any movement on the nfl front.

the league prohibits any contact with another team, even with permission, until after the season ends.
    Blindsidebrick
    Honorary Wing Commander
    Honorary Wing Commander

Post by Blindsidebrick Mon 15 Dec 2014 - 0:22

I read that Harbaugh's wife doesn't want to leave the SF Bay Area. Any men out there who are married know just how much weight that carries. Wifey usually gets what she wants. Harbaugh would be dumb to go to the Raiders. That's career suicide.  He's going to have to tell his wife that she better get used to Michigan or NJ winters.
    Superman55
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Superman55 Mon 15 Dec 2014 - 7:25

Blindsidebrick wrote:I read that Harbaugh's wife doesn't want to leave the SF Bay Area. Any men out there who are married know just how much weight that carries. Wifey usually gets what she wants. Harbaugh would be dumb to go to the Raiders. That's career suicide.  He's going to have to tell his wife that she better get used to Michigan or NJ winters.

It may be easier to talk her into Miami...
    Old#15
    Honorary Air Commander
    Honorary Air Commander

Post by Old#15 Mon 15 Dec 2014 - 7:35

Superman55 wrote:
    Blindsidebrick wrote:I read that Harbaugh's wife doesn't want to leave the SF Bay Area. Any men out there who are married know just how much weight that carries. Wifey usually gets what she wants. Harbaugh would be dumb to go to the Raiders. That's career suicide.  He's going to have to tell his wife that she better get used to Michigan or NJ winters.

My heart sank when I heard that this morning.
    Superman55
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Superman55 Mon 15 Dec 2014 - 9:22

Old#15 wrote:
    Superman55 wrote:

My heart sank when I heard that this morning.

A millionaire and Miami real estate usually go well together...

My Unofficial Next Coach Odds - Page 5 Miami_real_estate
    hobson54
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by hobson54 Mon 15 Dec 2014 - 9:28

the word on the michigan board is that IF harbaugh says thanks, but no thanks to michigan, that stephen ross (big time michigan donor) very well may make a big play for harbaugh for the dolphins. he won't get in the way of michigan landing harbaugh (in fact, he's probably one of the big donors who will help back up the truck to pay harbaugh and his assistants and come to some buyout agreement with the niners), but if harbaugh decides he wants to stay in the nfl, my money would be on the dolphins, especially if they miss the playoffs.

Superman55
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Superman55 Mon 15 Dec 2014 - 9:43

hobson54 wrote:the word on the michigan board is that IF harbaugh says thanks, but no thanks to michigan, that stephen ross (big time michigan donor) very well may make a big play for harbaugh for the dolphins.  he won't get in the way of michigan landing harbaugh (in fact, he's probably one of the big donors who will help back up the truck to pay harbaugh and his assistants and come to some buyout agreement with the niners), but if harbaugh decides he wants to stay in the nfl, my money would be on the dolphins, especially if they miss the playoffs.

That's my thought too.
    Hunter07
    Navigator
    Navigator

Post by Hunter07 Mon 15 Dec 2014 - 9:52

"don't understand how someone who has been so unsuccessful at various head coaching positions keeps getting mentioned for future jobs".
    It's the NFL - just recycle & keep recycling ... Anyone who thinks there's no "job security" in the NFL hasn't watched the annual coaching merry-go-round, ...
    Superman55
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Superman55 Mon 15 Dec 2014 - 23:06

Gruden getting a contract extension with ESPN today makes him 0.00% in my books...
    Superman55
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Superman55 Tue 16 Dec 2014 - 7:45

If Sean Payton shakes free, he's my #1 pick, ahead of Harbough. Harbough would be my 1b.
    hobson54
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by hobson54 Tue 16 Dec 2014 - 8:32

fwiw - a lot of optimism last night and this morning on the michigan board re harbaugh coming home

on edit - rumors of michigan having offered a contract worth approx $49 million (unclear if for 7 or 8 years) plus assumed bonuses. if true, it's gonna take a huge commitment for an nfl team to land him

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun 19 May 2024 - 8:52