Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A New Community for Jets Fans

+15
NYJETSDAN16
lnap23
JohnnyBaseball
Old#15
SackExchange
The Wicker Man
jetfandreamer
football51
Blindsidebrick
cysporsche
hobson54
Superman55
GratefulJet
Seaver
Sarge
19 posters

My Unofficial Next Coach Odds

cysporsche
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

My Unofficial Next Coach Odds - Page 8 Empty Re: My Unofficial Next Coach Odds

Post by cysporsche Sun 21 Dec 2014 - 11:59

[quote="hobson54"]
    cysporsche wrote:
    Superman55 wrote:Every commercial break on Sirius is reporting Harbough Family believes he's going to Michigan.

Cross Harbaugh off my wish list, after his huge melt down last night against the Chargers. Terrible loss with a huge lead. It almost appeared his players have quit on him ? Let him go back to Michigan.

Go Jets...Cyborg

lol...i'll be more than happy to take him.

but i guess if you are evaluating him on this week and not on taking his team to 3 consecutive nfc title games and 1 super bowl, then your assessment makes sense...

[/quote

Greg, I just don't care for the guy. And quite honestly, did Harbaugh carry the 49rs to all the victories above, or did he inherit a great team like Rex did 6 years ago. They have been slowly slipping over the last couple of years. Plus I don't want to give away a top draft pick for any coach.

Go Jets...Cyborg
    hobson54
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by hobson54 Sun 21 Dec 2014 - 17:45

cysporsche wrote:
    hobson54 wrote:
    cysporsche wrote:
    Superman55 wrote:Every commercial break on Sirius is reporting Harbough Family believes he's going to Michigan.

Cross Harbaugh off my wish list, after his huge melt down last night against the Chargers. Terrible loss with a huge lead. It almost appeared his players have quit on him ? Let him go back to Michigan.

Go Jets...Cyborg

lol...i'll be more than happy to take him.

but i guess if you are evaluating him on this week and not on taking his team to 3 consecutive nfc title games and 1 super bowl, then your assessment makes sense...

[/quote

Greg, I just don't care for the guy. And quite honestly, did Harbaugh carry the 49rs to all the victories above, or did he inherit a great team like Rex did 6 years ago. They have been slowly slipping over the last couple of years. Plus I don't want to give away a top draft pick for any coach.

Go Jets...Cyborg

well before harbaugh showed up in SF, they were 6-10, 8-8, 7-9, 5-11, 7-9, 4-12, 2-14 and 7-9 since their last playoff appearance in 2002. so i think the coaching had something to do with it.

fwiw - i agree on the not wanting to give up trade compensation (depending on how much). of course, my first desire is to see harbaugh in michigan
    Sarge
    Sarge
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Sarge Sun 21 Dec 2014 - 18:54

Rumor going around that Adam Gase is on the Jets Radar

I like Gase, I like how he's diversified the Broncos O and emphasized the running game

Would be a good fit with our personnel - of course you don't hire a coach based on your personnel
    Sarge
    Sarge
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Sarge Sun 21 Dec 2014 - 20:33

3 very probable Jets coach candidates coaching in this Seattle vs Arizona game. Todd Bowles, Darrell Bevell, and Dan Quinn
    Sarge
    Sarge
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Sarge Mon 22 Dec 2014 - 0:05

With the Seahawks looking like a Super Bowl contender again, Quinn and Bevell might have to wait. You can interview coaches during a bye week in the playoffs, so we might try to interview both immediately.
    Sarge
    Sarge
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Sarge Mon 22 Dec 2014 - 7:47

One week til Black Monday

Oakland - Any chance Sparano stays?
    49ers - Harbaugh is out
    Jets - Rex is out
    Bears - Testman is likely gone
    Falcons - Smith is likely gone
    Dolphins - Philbin will be back
    Giants - Coughlin will likely be back
    Jaguars - Bradley is in the Bubble
    Panthers - Rivera is on the Bubble
    cysporsche
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by cysporsche Mon 22 Dec 2014 - 10:42

Sarge wrote:One week til Black Monday

Oakland - Any chance Sparano stays?
    49ers - Harbaugh is out
    Jets - Rex is out
    Bears - Testman is likely gone
    Falcons - Smith is likely gone
    Dolphins - Philbin will be back
    Giants - Coughlin will likely be back
    Jaguars - Bradley is in the Bubble
    Panthers - Rivera is on the Bubble

If the Panthers beat the Falcons next week and win the NFC South & make the playoffs again, I doubt Jerry Richardson will fire Rivera. Injuries killed the Panthers this year not coaching.

Go Jets...Cyborg
    Superman55
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Superman55 Mon 22 Dec 2014 - 17:07

Phins announce today Philbin will be back in 2015.
    cysporsche
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by cysporsche Mon 22 Dec 2014 - 18:14

Sarge wrote:Rumor going around that Adam Gase is on the Jets Radar

I like Gase, I like how he's diversified the Broncos O and emphasized the running game

Would be a good fit with our personnel - of course you don't hire a coach based on your personnel

I could be the O.C. for Peyton Manning and look great ! Not saying anything bad but about Gase, but he does have Peyton Manning @ QB.

Go Jets...Cyborg
    Sarge
    Sarge
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Sarge Mon 22 Dec 2014 - 18:35

That is a concern with Gase, but as I've said before, he's done a good job diversifying their offense this season
    Old#15
    Honorary Air Commander
    Honorary Air Commander

Post by Old#15 Tue 23 Dec 2014 - 8:00

Sarge wrote:That is a concern with Gase, but as I've said before, he's done a good job diversifying their offense this season

Wasn't Gaze the OC when Tebow was there? If so, he was able to reconfigure the offense in a way that Tebow was able to get Broncs in playoffs. Pretty good stuff IMO.
    Sarge
    Sarge
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Sarge Tue 23 Dec 2014 - 9:29

Old#15 wrote:
    Sarge wrote:That is a concern with Gase, but as I've said before, he's done a good job diversifying their offense this season

Wasn't Gaze the OC when Tebow was there?  If so, he was able to reconfigure the offense in a way that Tebow was able to get Broncs in playoffs. Pretty good stuff IMO.

I think Gase was the QB coach then and the current Chargers coach was OC
    Old#15
    Honorary Air Commander
    Honorary Air Commander

Post by Old#15 Tue 23 Dec 2014 - 9:39

Thanks for the clarification Sarge.
    Superman55
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Superman55 Tue 23 Dec 2014 - 13:59

ESpN Insider reporting Brian Kelly ready to make the leap to the NFL.
    hobson54
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by hobson54 Tue 23 Dec 2014 - 14:04

Superman55 wrote:ESpN Insider reporting Brian Kelly ready to make the leap to the NFL.

barf...

nothing like striking when the irons hot Rolling Eyes

ND was 7-5, has lost 4 of last 5, most recently a 49-14 shellacking by USC.
    football51
    football51
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by football51 Tue 30 Dec 2014 - 17:14

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun 19 May 2024 - 12:00