Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A New Community for Jets Fans

+24
skop
soj
The Wicker Man
Old#15
LIJETFAN
HYATT™
WilliesDad
JohnnyBaseball
trico990
cysporsche
Superman55
GratefulJet
danfran
Metjetgal
SackExchange
Lakerfan1980
NCgreen12
Blindsidebrick
Atljet60
jamesfyo123
hobson54
NYJETSDAN16
NickSINYC
football51
28 posters

Jets trade for Percy Harvin

Superman55
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Jets trade for Percy Harvin - Page 9 Empty Re: Jets trade for Percy Harvin

Post by Superman55 Mon 1 Dec 2014 - 21:22

Seaver wrote:still waiting for consistent production.  Still don't see top 2 WR in this guy.  Can't run routes.  Big showcase for him tonight.  

Percy: can you spell renegotiate?

Did you see that big first down catch on the phins #1 CB, brent grimes for a first down...out muscling him for the ball? Nice play by a legit #2 WR. He may renegotiate, but it will be for guaranteed money...not sure why we'd do that...
    Seaver
    Seaver
    Pilot
    Pilot

Post by Seaver Tue 2 Dec 2014 - 11:10

he's a gimmick....a novelty.......
    GratefulJet
    GratefulJet
    Honorary Group Captain

Post by GratefulJet Tue 2 Dec 2014 - 11:26

Marty apparently has no more clue how to use Harvin than Bevell did, although I suppose Marty could make the case that he doesn't have a QB as good as Bevell has.
    Seaver
    Seaver
    Pilot
    Pilot

Post by Seaver Tue 2 Dec 2014 - 11:30

when will people realize that Harvin's questionable skills outside of God given speed contribute to the problem?
    Old#15
    Honorary Air Commander
    Honorary Air Commander

Post by Old#15 Tue 2 Dec 2014 - 11:32

I don't think this coaching staff has a clue on how to get the best from any of these players.
    football51
    football51
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by football51 Tue 2 Dec 2014 - 15:03

Seaver wrote:when will people realize that Harvin's questionable skills outside of God given speed contribute to the problem?

He looked good with Favre throwing him the ball and Bevell calling plays.
    Superman55
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Superman55 Tue 2 Dec 2014 - 15:10

football51 wrote:
    Seaver wrote:when will people realize that Harvin's questionable skills outside of God given speed contribute to the problem?

He looked good with Favre throwing him the ball and Bevell calling plays.

He'd be a top 5 WR in the NFL if playing with Tom Brady and that short, compact passing attack.

The Wicker Man
    The Wicker Man
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

Post by The Wicker Man Tue 2 Dec 2014 - 15:10

I like Harvin, not at the price he's scheduled to make in 2015.
    Sarge
    Sarge
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Sarge Tue 2 Dec 2014 - 15:14

Once we hire Darrell Bevell, Harvin will be gone, so it's a moot point
    Superman55
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Superman55 Tue 2 Dec 2014 - 15:18

The Wicker Man wrote:I like Harvin, not at the price he's scheduled to make in 2015.

We'd have $60 mill in cap space with him on the roster...why cut one of the few talents we have?

We have so many holes, I just wouldnt create another one...and none of his money is guarunteed...

Seaver
    Seaver
    Pilot
    Pilot

Post by Seaver Tue 2 Dec 2014 - 18:00

Superman55 wrote:
    The Wicker Man wrote:I like Harvin, not at the price he's scheduled to make in 2015.

We'd have $60 mill in cap space with him on the roster...why cut one of the few talents we have?

We have so many holes, I just wouldnt create another one...and none of his money is guarunteed...

draft Cooper...flush Harvin.........WR corp is stabilized. Now Decker isn't buried by the #1 CB. Decker needs to be #2 and the Jets have the unique opportunity to grab a franchise WR that will help any QB. That to me is the play to make. Harvin is square peg to round hole.
    AFA2017
    Navigator
    Navigator

Post by AFA2017 Tue 2 Dec 2014 - 21:37

Hey that's great, draft Cooper (problem solved). So who is going to throw him the ball? I under your thinking with grabbing a very good WR which we should have gotten in last years draft. i guess it all depends where we end up in the draft order.
    The Wicker Man
    The Wicker Man
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

Post by The Wicker Man Wed 3 Dec 2014 - 6:32

Superman55 wrote:

Didn't say I didn't want him, but, we should restructure him if we want o keep him.
    Old#15
    Honorary Air Commander
    Honorary Air Commander

Post by Old#15 Wed 3 Dec 2014 - 6:56

Seaver wrote:
    Superman55 wrote:

draft Cooper...flush Harvin.........WR corp is stabilized.  Now Decker isn't buried by the #1 CB. Decker needs to be #2 and the Jets have the unique opportunity to grab a franchise WR that will help any QB.  That to me is the play to make.  Harvin is square peg to round hole.  

If it was up to me, I'd keep Harvin and draft a guy like Kevin White.  White is a long WR who highpoints the ball, is physical and has big strong hands.  I think that would make our WR corps 1-4 (Decker, Harvin, Kerley and White) as good as any in the league with the right QB getting them the ball.  Add in in Amaro, Pantale and Sudfeld at TE and Ivory, CJ and Powell at RB, we've got a pretty decent skill group.

The only problem with that plan is where we draft. If middle of the first, then yes go for a guy like White or maybe Davante Parker, but top 10 pick is too high for those guys.
    Seaver
    Seaver
    Pilot
    Pilot

Post by Seaver Wed 3 Dec 2014 - 11:54

AFA2017 wrote:Hey that's great, draft Cooper (problem solved). So who is going to throw him the ball? I under your thinking with grabbing a very good WR which we should have gotten in last years draft. i guess it all depends where we end up in the draft order.

like it or not.....the Jets starting QB for 2015 is not in the draft. They will need a trade or FA signing to handle that job. The draft can address a possible long term answer......or not. Quite honestly, they need to draft a QB each year if they don't feel they have found the one. No, I am not a believer in burning a top draft pick on a couple 'maybe' QBs....I'd draft lower. Nobody has called them franchise QBs so why waste a franchise draft choice?
    Old#15
    Honorary Air Commander
    Honorary Air Commander

Post by Old#15 Wed 3 Dec 2014 - 12:35

Seaver wrote:
    AFA2017 wrote:Hey that's great, draft Cooper (problem solved). So who is going to throw him the ball? I under your thinking with grabbing a very good WR which we should have gotten in last years draft. i guess it all depends where we end up in the draft order.

like it or not.....the Jets starting QB for 2015 is not in the draft.  They will need a trade or FA signing to handle that job.  The draft can address a possible long term answer......or not.  Quite honestly, they need to draft a QB each year if they don't feel they have found the one.  No, I am not a believer in burning a top draft pick on a couple 'maybe' QBs....I'd draft lower.  Nobody has called them franchise QBs so why waste a franchise draft choice?

I definitely agree with this.
    NYJETSDAN16
    NYJETSDAN16
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by NYJETSDAN16 Sun 7 Dec 2014 - 9:49

Just a hunch, but i just don't see Percy Harvin playing with the Jets next season and i doubt the guy would want to redo his deal.
    Superman55
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Superman55 Sun 7 Dec 2014 - 10:36

NYJETSDAN16 wrote:Just a hunch, but i just don't see Percy Harvin playing with the Jets next season and i doubt the guy would want to redo his deal.

Agreed.  I dont think he likes how the organization is run and will want to play for a legit NFL franchise. I bet he sticks to his contract just to force his way out of here but would be happy to stay if we keep him at his current deal. We have $50-60 miss in cap space and free agents wont want to come here (especially when our GM doesnt even to show to meet with free agents when they come to Jersey, and every team has $30 mill in cap space next year with the 120-150 mill jump in cap space). I think we should keep him at his current deal since we wont be able to lure other talent...but he probably walks and signs with the Pats or Phins..
    cysporsche
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by cysporsche Sun 7 Dec 2014 - 11:29

I love Percy's effort, but not for 10 million.

Go Jets...Cyborg
    football51
    football51
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by football51 Sun 7 Dec 2014 - 16:25

Superman55 wrote:
    NYJETSDAN16 wrote:Just a hunch, but i just don't see Percy Harvin playing with the Jets next season and i doubt the guy would want to redo his deal.

Agreed.  I dont think he likes how the organization is run and will want to play for a legit NFL franchise.  I bet he sticks to his contract just to force his way out of here but would be happy to stay if we keep him at his current deal.  We have $50-60 miss in cap space and free agents wont want to come here (especially when our GM doesnt even to show to meet with free agents when they come to Jersey, and every team has $30 mill in cap space next year with the 120-150 mill jump in cap space).  I think we should keep him at his current deal since we wont be able to lure other talent...but he probably walks and signs with the Pats or Phins..

Wow...... you do realize that Mehta was the ONLY one to report that Idzik went to scout Amaro and cancelled a trip with Emanuel Sanders. EVERYONE else reported that the Jets had no interest in Sanders. Mehta was just doing what he's done in the past with Revis and currently with Rex. He prints the agents story.
    Superman55
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Superman55 Sun 7 Dec 2014 - 18:58

football51 wrote:
    Superman55 wrote:

Agreed.  I dont think he likes how the organization is run and will want to play for a legit NFL franchise.  I bet he sticks to his contract just to force his way out of here but would be happy to stay if we keep him at his current deal.  We have $50-60 miss in cap space and free agents wont want to come here (especially when our GM doesnt even to show to meet with free agents when they come to Jersey, and every team has $30 mill in cap space next year with the 120-150 mill jump in cap space).  I think we should keep him at his current deal since we wont be able to lure other talent...but he probably walks and signs with the Pats or Phins..

Wow...... you do realize that Mehta was the ONLY one to report that Idzik went to scout Amaro and cancelled a trip with Emanuel Sanders. EVERYONE else reported that the Jets had no interest in Sanders. Mehta was just doing what he's done in the past with Revis and currently with Rex. He prints the agents story.

Where was he when DRC was in town?
    Answer: scouting Pryor

Is he a GM or scout?

Emmanuel Sanders or DRC, same story, same result...

If it was only Sanders, I may agree with you, but when the last good CB FA on the market comes to town, our GM should be in the building.

I dont even love DRC, but I do feel Idzik should have been around for the conversation.
    Superman55
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Superman55 Sun 7 Dec 2014 - 21:15

Jeff Capellini 5m
    Percy Harvin is better than any #Jets WR to suit up this season. He’s more athletic, more of a playmaker, more potential than ANY of them

Jeff Capellini 8m
    Harvin has 25 catches for 306 yards and a TD in 6 games with the #Jets. On this team, which crap QB play and no offensive clue, I’ll take it
    Seaver
    Seaver
    Pilot
    Pilot

Post by Seaver Mon 8 Dec 2014 - 11:30

guy impressed me a bit getting open......not sure how much of that was the MIN DBs, but he created space for himself.
    Sarge
    Sarge
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Sarge Mon 8 Dec 2014 - 11:40

Harvin appears to be trying, so, you know, that's an improvement right there
    Seaver
    Seaver
    Pilot
    Pilot

Post by Seaver Mon 8 Dec 2014 - 11:49

let's see it again next week when he doesn't have an axe to grind in TEN.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu 9 May 2024 - 21:38