Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A New Community for Jets Fans

+2
SackExchange
lnap23
6 posters

Come draft day the Trade I would make - If in the psoition to

lnap23
    Honorary Air Commander
    Honorary Air Commander

Come draft day the Trade I would make - If in the psoition to Empty Come draft day the Trade I would make - If in the psoition to

Post by lnap23 Thu 11 Dec 2014 - 14:48

If Mariota is on the board when we are picking... I say we pick up the phone and give a call to Eagles and Trade for Nick Foles and their 1st and 4th and 5th rd pick for whatever our top 5 pick turns out to be...  We get a  somewhat proven NFL QB, I would still draft a QB like Petty in RD 2 or Carden in 3 or 4, and we get a couple of extra picks.  That is of course if Kelly even want Mariota bad enough.
    SackExchange
    SackExchange

Come draft day the Trade I would make - If in the psoition to Empty Re: Come draft day the Trade I would make - If in the psoition to

Post by SackExchange Thu 11 Dec 2014 - 15:02

Interesting. I had not thought of it. Trade for Foles, and draft another. I like Petty. I also like Mannion for a later pick.
    lnap23
    Honorary Air Commander
    Honorary Air Commander

Come draft day the Trade I would make - If in the psoition to Empty Re: Come draft day the Trade I would make - If in the psoition to

Post by lnap23 Thu 11 Dec 2014 - 16:05

I don't care what anyone says about we need OL or we need a WR... Everything begins and ends with getting a QB... You'll be amazed at how good our OL looks when the QB is getting rid of the ball a second or 2 faster.... You'll be amazed at how good Decker, Kerley, Harvin and Amaro will look when the QB goes thru the progressions fast enough to see who is open right before it happens and not after. As well as delivering the ball as they are getting open not after the CB has time to recover
    Old#15
    Honorary Air Commander
    Honorary Air Commander

Post by Old#15 Thu 11 Dec 2014 - 16:29

lnap23 wrote:I don't care what anyone says about we need OL or we need a WR... Everything begins and ends with getting a QB... You'll be amazed at how good our OL looks when the QB is getting rid of the ball a second or 2 faster.... You'll be amazed at how good Decker, Kerley, Harvin and Amaro will look when the QB goes thru the progressions fast enough to see who is open right before it happens and not after. As well as delivering the ball as they are getting open not after the CB has time to recover

There's an awful lot of credibility in your statement, and you can look no further than NE and see how successful their passing game is with some very marginal talent at WR and the OL. Having said that, it's ridiculously difficult finding and developing a QB who can process as quickly as a Brady or a Rodgers. Big time crap shoot particularly when there is no patience for a guy to sit and learn. Both QBs I mentioned sat for a year or three before they played any meaningful snaps.
    cysporsche
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by cysporsche Thu 11 Dec 2014 - 17:03

lnap23 wrote:I don't care what anyone says about we need OL or we need a WR... Everything begins and ends with getting a QB... You'll be amazed at how good our OL looks when the QB is getting rid of the ball a second or 2 faster.... You'll be amazed at how good Decker, Kerley, Harvin and Amaro will look when the QB goes thru the progressions fast enough to see who is open right before it happens and not after. As well as delivering the ball as they are getting open not after the CB has time to recover

Lou +1 great post. All I want for Christmas is Aaron Rodgers. He's smart, tall, huge arm, and a pocket passer with the fastest reads & release in the NFL, and can run when needed. Andrew Luck is very good no doubt, but he can't touch Rodgers. cheers

Go Jets...Cyborg
    The Wicker Man
    The Wicker Man
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

Post by The Wicker Man Thu 11 Dec 2014 - 17:33

Count me in, Lou!
    lnap23
    Honorary Air Commander
    Honorary Air Commander

Post by lnap23 Thu 11 Dec 2014 - 17:41

Old#15 I agree it's very hard finding a QB but it's time we invest what we can to find that guy. If that means trading for a QB , like Foles, and drafting 2 QBs in the 2nd and 3rd round.. do it... The QB is the one position you cannot win without... It's an anomaly when a team wins with out an above avg QB.. has it ever happened, Maybe Trent Dilfer and Doug Williams but that's 2 in 50 years... not the norm..

Cy- I would give up our whole draft for Rogers or Luck... Finding those guys is so hard but again.. We have got to do everything we can to get that guy..
    cysporsche
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by cysporsche Fri 12 Dec 2014 - 17:12

Lou, OK, we are sitting there picking 3-4 and another team has the # 1 pick, how much would you give up for Mariota ? I'd rather keep my future picks and let Cooper fall in our lap. I would also give up all 7 picks for Rogers as well.

Go Jets...Cyborg
    lnap23
    Honorary Air Commander
    Honorary Air Commander

Post by lnap23 Fri 12 Dec 2014 - 17:25

cysporsche wrote:Lou, OK, we are sitting there picking 3-4 and another team has the # 1 pick, how much would you give up for Mariota ? I'd rather keep my future picks and let Cooper fall in our lap. I would also give up all 7 picks for Rogers as well.

Go Jets...Cyborg

I wouldn't give up anything for Mariota...

I would give up everything for Luck and Rogers today.... Not on draft day... With that said I think Luck may have been the only QB since Peyton Manning that the whole world knew would be as good as he is... and I would trade up for. And say what you want about the move to trade up for Sanchez but that was a great trade.. We gave up nothing to move into that spot. The hype even around (Draft time) Ryan Leaf, Eli Manning, Rogers, Alex Smith etc.... all included some doubts... I'm getting old but Luck and P Manning may be the only 2 QBs in my life time that were can't misses and didn't miss... The other franchise QB's all had question marks
    Blindsidebrick
    Honorary Wing Commander
    Honorary Wing Commander

Post by Blindsidebrick Sat 13 Dec 2014 - 11:31

Another poster detailed it earlier, but Dilfer's assessment of Mariota was both interesting and a little scary. He said Mariota locks in to his first read, and then takes off running. That's a red flag. That's an indication that Mariota might need time to develop. And who knows? Maybe he never does develop the ability to go through those progressions which are so vital at the QB position.

There's risk involved with both Mariota and Winston, for different reasons. But the Jets absolutely need another QB. They have to take a chance on one of these kids, IMO.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 10 May 2024 - 8:24