Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A New Community for Jets Fans

+21
Pointdexter
lnap23
jetfandreamer
AFA2017
jamesfyo123
McJet
Sarge
cysporsche
GratefulJet
Seaver
Old#15
LIJETFAN
NickSINYC
football51
The Wicker Man
SackExchange
MachinaVerde
HYATT™
NYJETSDAN16
hobson54
Superman55
25 posters

2015 NFL Draft Thread

Superman55
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

2015 NFL Draft Thread Empty 2015 NFL Draft Thread

Post by Superman55 Tue 23 Sep 2014 - 9:14

It's never too early to start talking draft, it's more entertaining to talk about the hope for the future then the state of this current roster.

It's nice to see Cooper WR Bama is likely now in play for us, along with Mariotta, Hundley, and Darby CB FSU.  Will be interesting to see if we stay with drafting defense every year or finally make a leap for an offensive talent.

Gotta think Cooper is a target.

Interesting Cooper is already getting Randy Moss type press coverage.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000398949/article/cris-carter-compares-amari-cooper-to-randy-moss
    hobson54
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

2015 NFL Draft Thread Empty Re: 2015 NFL Draft Thread

Post by hobson54 Tue 23 Sep 2014 - 9:43

Superman55 wrote:It's never too early to start talking draft, it's more entertaining to talk about the hope for the future then the state of this current roster.

It's nice to see Cooper WR Bama is likely now in play for us, along with Mariotta, Hundley, and Darby CB FSU.  Will be interesting to see if we stay with drafting defense every year or finally make a leap for an offensive talent.

Gotta think Cooper is a target.

Interesting Cooper is already getting Randy Moss type press coverage.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000398949/article/cris-carter-compares-amari-cooper-to-randy-moss

there are a lot of pretty bad teams in the league this year (13 teams are 1-2, 3 teams are 0-3).  despite the 1-2 record, i don't think we will be drafting in the top 5.  i still expect an 8-8ish type record, which means a pick around 15 or so.  which takes the stud players in the draft out of the conversation, imo.
    cysporsche
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by cysporsche Tue 23 Sep 2014 - 11:42

Mel Kiper had Cooper # 3 on his big board, before last Saturdays incredible performance. I doubt we sniff Cooper, but with the Lions, Chargers, Broncos, Patriots as our next 4 games, we could easily slide to 1-6 before we realize it.
    IMO, Rex was totally pushing for Pryor S in last years draft, thinking he will become the next Ed Reed. Hind-site being 20/20, Kelvin Benjamin is an absolute stud for the Panthers, which has surprised me.

Go Jets...Cyborg
    Superman55
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Superman55 Mon 29 Sep 2014 - 7:07

Jax and Oak holding the top two spots at 0-4 and jets in the running for a top spot with Tampa, Saints, and Titans also sitting at 1-3. Jets in with this bunch for top 5. Jets may be in the running for Cooper but will be interesting to see of Idzik takes a swing at QB again or if he just takes BPA like he has been. Will be interesting to see what direction he goes.
    NYJETSDAN16
    NYJETSDAN16
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by NYJETSDAN16 Mon 29 Sep 2014 - 21:52

Superman55 wrote:Jax and Oak holding the top two spots at 0-4 and jets in the running for a top spot with Tampa, Saints, and Titans also sitting at 1-3.  Jets in with this bunch for top 5.  Jets may be in the running for Cooper but will be interesting to see of Idzik takes a swing at QB again or if he just takes BPA like he has been.  Will be interesting to see what direction he goes.

LMFAO, dude talks up Geno Smith all off season and jumps off the bandwagon as soon as he starts playing like crap. What a hypocrite.
    (Let me guess another none sensicle MEME coming my way)
    Superman55
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Superman55 Tue 30 Sep 2014 - 13:29

NYJETSDAN16 wrote:
    Superman55 wrote:Jax and Oak holding the top two spots at 0-4 and jets in the running for a top spot with Tampa, Saints, and Titans also sitting at 1-3.  Jets in with this bunch for top 5.  Jets may be in the running for Cooper but will be interesting to see of Idzik takes a swing at QB again or if he just takes BPA like he has been.  Will be interesting to see what direction he goes.

LMFAO, dude talks up Geno Smith all off season and jumps off the bandwagon as soon as he starts playing like crap.  What a hypocrite.
    (Let me guess another none sensicle MEME coming my way)

2015 NFL Draft Thread See-that-there-on-the-map-thats-you-being-a-dumbass
    HYATT™
    HYATT™
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by HYATT™ Wed 1 Oct 2014 - 8:26

There is already a Jets fan board for that kind of shight, do we REALLY need it here?
    If this place is just going to turn into the other place, what was the point of moving again?
    Shocked
    Superman55
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Superman55 Wed 1 Oct 2014 - 8:40

HYATT™️ wrote:There is already a Jets fan board for that kind of shight, do we REALLY need it here?
    If this place is just going to turn into the other place, what was the point of moving again?
    Shocked

I was wondering the same thing when you were invited to this board...
    hobson54
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by hobson54 Wed 1 Oct 2014 - 9:16

Superman55 wrote:
    HYATT™️ wrote:There is already a Jets fan board for that kind of shight, do we REALLY need it here?
    Shocked

seems like HYATT adds a lot of content and adds to the discussion. you seem to like to insult people and post silly pictures... Sleep
    Superman55
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Superman55 Wed 1 Oct 2014 - 9:20

hobson54 wrote:
    Superman55 wrote:
    Shocked

seems like HYATT adds a lot of content and adds to the discussion.  you seem to like to insult people and post silly pictures... Sleep

Oh Hobson, you and Hyatt should grow old together, watching paint dry, and reading encyclopedias for fun...you can hold hands together while you feed the pigeons next to Lake Michigan. It will be beautiful.
    hobson54
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by hobson54 Wed 1 Oct 2014 - 9:32

Superman55 wrote:
    hobson54 wrote:
    Superman55 wrote:
    Shocked

seems like HYATT adds a lot of content and adds to the discussion.  you seem to like to insult people and post silly pictures... Sleep

Oh Hobson, you and Hyatt should grow old together, watching paint dry, and reading encyclopedias for fun...you can hold hands together while you feed the pigeons next to Lake Michigan.  It will be beautiful.

yet another thoughtful post by you. what no picture included??? Rolling Eyes
    Superman55
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Superman55 Wed 1 Oct 2014 - 11:15

hobson54 wrote:
    Superman55 wrote:
    hobson54 wrote:
    Superman55 wrote:
    Shocked

Oh Hobson, you and Hyatt should grow old together, watching paint dry, and reading encyclopedias for fun...you can hold hands together while you feed the pigeons next to Lake Michigan.  It will be beautiful.

I'm sure you are already rocking the velcro and abacus, Skippy. Here you go.

2015 NFL Draft Thread Pigeon2

yet another thoughtful post by you.  what no picture included??? Rolling Eyes

hobson54
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by hobson54 Wed 1 Oct 2014 - 11:20

thanks for the picture.

btw - i forgot to comment on your new username - Superman55

is it possible for you to be even more full of yourself than you actually are???

Superman rotflmao
    Superman55
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Superman55 Wed 1 Oct 2014 - 11:34

hobson54 wrote:thanks for the picture.

is it possible for you to be even more full of yourself than you actually are???

Superman rotflmao

I'm worried about you. You're the only person more obsessed with me than I am. I havent forgot how you bookmarked all of my posts on the old site and would copy and paste them all of the time. It was a little scary how into me you actually are. You're like a high school girl sometimes, trying to be mean because you don't want people to know you like me, but you're always wanting to follow everything about me, what shirt I have on, where do I live, what am I talking about now...it's a little scary dude. I need my space...or a restraining order...but you all into everything I post is a bit creepy. You need to take a step back, and find someone else to obsess over...
    hobson54
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by hobson54 Wed 1 Oct 2014 - 11:58

Superman55 wrote:
    hobson54 wrote:thanks for the picture.

Superman rotflmao

I'm worried about you.  You're the only person more obsessed with me than I am. I havent forgot how you bookmarked all of my posts on the old site and would copy and paste them all of the time.  It was a little scary how into me you actually are.  You're like a high school girl sometimes, trying to be mean because  you don't want people to know you like me, but you're always wanting to follow everything about me, what shirt I have on, where do I live, what am I talking about now...it's a little scary dude.  I need my space...or a restraining order...but you all into everything I post is a bit creepy.  You need to take a step back, and find someone else to obsess over...

Sleep
    cysporsche
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by cysporsche Wed 1 Oct 2014 - 12:27

Superman55 / Jetman55 / Kevin, As your friend, you need to chill out. You are way too "aggressive" when people don't agree with you. You are not always right. Hobson is the most logical poster on either board, whether you like him or not ? Might I suggest a Dale Carnegie course which will help you win friends and influence people ?

All I want to read is Jets football, not constant fighting and calling each other childish names.And please do away with all the silly pictures attached to your post, that's one of the reason's this new board was started, to get away from the idiots on the Jets Insider board, Thanks.

Go Jets...Cyborg
    MachinaVerde
    MachinaVerde
    Admin
    Admin

Post by MachinaVerde Wed 1 Oct 2014 - 13:19

cysporsche wrote:Superman55 / Jetman55 / Kevin, As your friend, you need to chill out. You are way too "aggressive" when people don't agree with you. You are not always right. Hobson is the most logical poster on either board, whether you like him or not ? Might I suggest a Dale Carnegie course which will help you win friends and influence people ?

All I want to read is Jets football, not constant fighting and calling each other childish names.And please do away with all the silly pictures attached to your post, that's one of the reason's this new board was started, to get away from the idiots on the Jets Insider board, Thanks.

Go Jets...Cyborg

agreed, we came here to get away from that kind of board.  lets all do our part
    SackExchange
    SackExchange

Post by SackExchange Wed 1 Oct 2014 - 14:58

Guys, the whole point of coming here was to avoid the drama of JetsInsider. Why are we creating the drama here? Because the Jets are losing?

It's not worth it. It's not worth corrupting this board with the stuff that is destroying our old scout board.
    SackExchange
    SackExchange

Post by SackExchange Wed 1 Oct 2014 - 14:59

Shocked

Thank you!

Not sure I expected you to be such a voice of reason, but you are.
    The Wicker Man
    The Wicker Man
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

Post by The Wicker Man Wed 1 Oct 2014 - 15:12

It's getting ugly here. Lets all take a step back and chill. A 1-3 start sucks but lets try and keep
    it civil. I'm as frustrated as the next guy.Whether we think it's Geno/Rex/Idzik or Tanner Purdum
    fault doesn't change the fact that we blow. Okay, I'm done scolding....don't make me get my switch!
    Superman55
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Superman55 Thu 9 Oct 2014 - 21:20

Likely first-round pick Todd Gurley suspended by Georgia

Posted by Michael David Smith on October 9, 2014, 5:37 PM EDT
    toddgurley
    AP
    Todd Gurley, a running back so talented that he’s likely to go in the first round of next year’s draft despite the general decline in value among running backs in the NFL, may not play again until he turns pro.

Georgia announced today that Gurley has been suspended indefinitely because there’s an ongoing investigation into whether he violated NCAA rules.

“I’m obviously very disappointed,” Georgia coach Mark Richt said in a statement. “The important thing for our team is to turn all our attention toward preparation for Missouri.”

There’s no word on the nature of the alleged NCAA rules violations, but they’re unlikely to affect Gurley’s draft stock. Plenty of high-profile players, like Dez Bryant and Cam Newton, have been first-round picks despite allegations that they violated the NCAA’s byzantine rules about player eligibility. If anything, sitting out the rest of the season might improve Gurley’s chances of going high in next year’s draft, because an injury is about the only thing that could derail his draft prospects.

Gurley is a 230-pound junior with good speed, and so far this season he’s carried 94 times for 773 yards and eight touchdowns, caught 11 passes for 53 yards, returned a kickoff for a 100-yard touchdown and completed a pass for 50 yards. If that’s all he puts on tape this season, that’s enough to be a first-round pick.
    football51
    football51
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by football51 Tue 14 Oct 2014 - 16:42

From Tony Pauline on draftinsider.net

"Two weeks ago when, I joined my friend Fran Duffy for his Eagle Eye in the Sky podcast, we briefly spoke about South Alabama quarterback Brandon Bridge. Since then league insiders have told me Bridge is building a real buzz inside war rooms. One league source compared his physical skills to Colin Kaepernick’s as Bridge has the arm strength to make all the throws as well as the leg speed to make big plays running the ball. When questioned about his rather ordinary completion percentage of 55% this season I was told there have been 40 recorded drops of catchable passes by South Alabama targets this season. As mentioned during the podcast, the talk is Bridge will likely receive a Senior Bowl invite, though for disclosure purposes none of this is coming from Senior Bowl staff. If he does turn up in uniform next January in Mobile it will be a huge opportunity for Bridge."

Superman55
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Superman55 Wed 15 Oct 2014 - 9:56

I fully expect Idzik to draft a left tackle with our top pick next year. Two names to keep an eye on:

Cedric Ogbuhei, OT, Texas A&M
    Andrus Peat, OT, Stanford
    cysporsche
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by cysporsche Wed 15 Oct 2014 - 11:26

I seriously doubt Idzik is going to draft a LT in next years draft. Even though I don't buy into the BPA theory, it's got to be a new QB, WR or CB ?

Go Jets...Cyborg
    Superman55
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Superman55 Wed 15 Oct 2014 - 13:33

cysporsche wrote:I seriously doubt Idzik is going to draft a LT in next years draft. Even though I don't buy into the BPA theory, it's got to be a new QB, WR or CB ?

Go Jets...Cyborg

I'm sure you would have said that about a 3-4 DE after we just drafted 2, or S when we needed a CB and WR.

We will see. I'm just calling it now.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat 11 May 2024 - 1:13