Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A New Community for Jets Fans

+21
Pointdexter
lnap23
jetfandreamer
AFA2017
jamesfyo123
McJet
Sarge
cysporsche
GratefulJet
Seaver
Old#15
LIJETFAN
NickSINYC
football51
The Wicker Man
SackExchange
MachinaVerde
HYATT™
NYJETSDAN16
hobson54
Superman55
25 posters

2015 NFL Draft Thread

lnap23
    Honorary Air Commander
    Honorary Air Commander

2015 NFL Draft Thread - Page 12 Empty Re: 2015 NFL Draft Thread

Post by lnap23 Mon 22 Dec 2014 - 13:05

Cooper is an absolute must at WR.... The Guy is a monster.....

Cooper will immediately make Decker dangerous again..... and then OUr WR corp will be

#1 Cooper
    #2 Decker
    #3 Harvin (if we keep him) I would try and restructure and save some cap space but not much guaranteed cause of his injury history.
    #4 Kerely

That's a WR corp that will help most if not all QB's a lot better
    Seaver
    Seaver
    Pilot
    Pilot

Post by Seaver Mon 22 Dec 2014 - 14:03

the only way you draft OL early is to grab a Tackle.....whether that be a guy who starts day one at T or play at guard and eventually move to T. I can't see spending a frachise pick on a non-franchise position.
    NYJETSDAN16
    NYJETSDAN16
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by NYJETSDAN16 Mon 22 Dec 2014 - 20:44

If the Jags win, we'd be #3. Meaning Cooper would be ours and that would be awesome.
    Tennessee would take Mariota.
    Tampa wont take Cooper because they have their own studs at wide out.
    Leaving us with a playmaker in Cooper. Then depending on how our free agency goes, draft accordingly from the 2nd round onward.

As much as I'd love to land Marcus, Cooper would be and ideal consolation prize.
    NickSINYC
    NickSINYC
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

Post by NickSINYC Mon 22 Dec 2014 - 21:21

NYJETSDAN16 wrote:If the Jags win, we'd be #3. Meaning Cooper would be ours and that would be awesome.
    Leaving us with a playmaker in Cooper.  Then depending on how our free agency goes, draft accordingly from the 2nd round onward.

As much as I'd love to land Marcus, Cooper would be and ideal consolation prize.

We still need to do our part and lose a win could screw our pick up worse than 4. I can see Rex pulling out all stops to win Sunday. One final FU from Rex on his way out the door.
    GratefulJet
    GratefulJet
    Honorary Group Captain

Post by GratefulJet Mon 22 Dec 2014 - 21:42

NickSINYC wrote:
    NYJETSDAN16 wrote:If the Jags win, we'd be #3. Meaning Cooper would be ours and that would be awesome.
    Leaving us with a playmaker in Cooper.  Then depending on how our free agency goes, draft accordingly from the 2nd round onward.

We still need to do our part and lose a win could screw our pick up worse than 4. I can see Rex pulling out all stops to win Sunday. One final FU from Rex on his way out the door.

Not trying to play devil's advocate here, but surely Rex pulls out all the stops to win every week.
    NickSINYC
    NickSINYC
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

Post by NickSINYC Mon 22 Dec 2014 - 22:12

GratefulJet wrote:
    NickSINYC wrote:

Not trying to play devil's advocate here, but surely Rex pulls out all the stops to win every week.

By pulling out all the stops I mean playing injured pro bowl caliber players in a meaningless last game of the season. I think most good secure HCs would sit that caliber of player whether the player wanted to or not for long term reasons. Rex has every intention of playing Wilkerson and who knows who else is nicked up that should not play
    GratefulJet
    GratefulJet
    Honorary Group Captain

Post by GratefulJet Mon 22 Dec 2014 - 22:14

NickSINYC wrote:
    GratefulJet wrote:
    NickSINYC wrote:

By pulling out all the stops I mean playing injured pro bowl caliber players in a meaningless last game of the season. I think most good secure HCs would sit that caliber of player whether the player wanted to or not for long term reasons. Rex has every intention of playing Wilkerson and who knows who else is nicked up that should not play

Oh I have no doubts Wilk will play Sunday. Wasn't he in on 90% of defensive snaps yesterday?
    NickSINYC
    NickSINYC
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

Post by NickSINYC Mon 22 Dec 2014 - 22:19

GratefulJet wrote:
    NickSINYC wrote:
    GratefulJet wrote:
    NickSINYC wrote:

Oh I have no doubts Wilk will play Sunday. Wasn't he in on 90% of defensive snaps yesterday?

Not sure on the percentage but he played much more than they planned for. As a result he was the last one to leave the locker room because of the extended treatment he needed from the trainers. Foolish IMHO
    GratefulJet
    GratefulJet
    Honorary Group Captain

Post by GratefulJet Mon 22 Dec 2014 - 22:32

NickSINYC wrote:
    GratefulJet wrote:
    NickSINYC wrote:
    GratefulJet wrote:
    NickSINYC wrote:

Not sure on the percentage but he played much more than they planned for. As a result he was the last one to leave the locker room because of the extended treatment he needed from the trainers. Foolish IMHO

Yeah, Rex is pretty old school in that regard. "If you can walk into the locker room, you can walk out onto the field" pretty much sums up how he handles injured players, especially the guys he places his faith in. I agree with you, in this regard he will pull out all the stops Sunday.
    Old#15
    Honorary Air Commander
    Honorary Air Commander

Post by Old#15 Tue 23 Dec 2014 - 8:19

Some interesting prospects we haven't hear much about yet:

http://turnonthejets.com/2014/12/nfl-draft-inside-green-room-volume-3/#more-25249
    GratefulJet
    GratefulJet
    Honorary Group Captain

Post by GratefulJet Sun 28 Dec 2014 - 7:48

Randy Gregory didn't help his draft prospects last night. I thought he was pretty well neutralized most of the game by that #50 blocking him, who apparently is just a freshman. Have to think Gregory is more likely to go in the 5-10 range now. One less guy for a team like Jax or Tenn to consider.
    Sarge
    Sarge
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Sarge Sun 28 Dec 2014 - 10:19

I thought Gregory looked pretty good - he's been banged up and wasnt 100%

BUT dadgum Leonard Williams for USC looked like a monster!
    cysporsche
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by cysporsche Sun 28 Dec 2014 - 11:42

GratefulJet wrote:Randy Gregory didn't help his draft prospects last night. I thought he was pretty well neutralized most of the game by that #50 blocking him, who apparently is just a freshman. Have to think Gregory is more likely to go in the 5-10 range now. One less guy for a team like Jax or Tenn to consider.

I'm still afraid if the Titans keep their top pick, and have decided to go with Mettenberger as their future QB, will they pick the top weapon in Amari Cooper WR ? If they trade out of the top pick, the team that acquires the pick will be looking @ Mariota or Winston, which would help us get Cooper. I can't get too excited like last year when I knew we'd pick Odell Beckham Jr..

Go Jets...Cyborg
    Old#15
    Honorary Air Commander
    Honorary Air Commander

Post by Old#15 Sun 28 Dec 2014 - 16:41

If Cooper and the two QBs are gone, then go OT. Our OL is bordering on scary bad, particularly when you consider that your two best OL are on the downside of their careers. Go best WR in round 2.
    Sarge
    Sarge
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Sarge Sun 28 Dec 2014 - 18:52

Old#15 wrote:If Cooper and the two QBs are gone, then go OT.  Our OL is bordering on scary bad, particularly when you consider that your two best OL are on the downside of their careers.  Go best WR in round 2.

Agree 100% - either the guy from Iowa if you think he can play OT or the Stanford guy

I like Sammie Coats WR from Auburn as a 2nd round target
    NickSINYC
    NickSINYC
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

Post by NickSINYC Sun 28 Dec 2014 - 18:57

Old#15 wrote:If Cooper and the two QBs are gone, then go OT.  Our OL is bordering on scary bad, particularly when you consider that your two best OL are on the downside of their careers.  Go best WR in round 2.

I never have a problem with going LT or future LT with my 1st round pick.
    Superman55
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Superman55 Sun 28 Dec 2014 - 19:01

Sarge wrote:

Agree 100% - either the guy from Iowa if you think he can play OT or the Stanford guy

I think if we stay put, OT.

I could see us trade back a few slots and maybe target Kevin White WR. I think he'll push 4.45 40 time and be a polished combine player at 6'3 215...his stock is going to rise! I could see us trade back and grab White or one of the CBs (I think this group will shuffle a lot between now and the draft).

I wonder if we trade up from rd 2 for a QB.

Lot of big decisions for the new GM.
    NYJETSDAN16
    NYJETSDAN16
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by NYJETSDAN16 Sun 28 Dec 2014 - 19:03

NickSINYC wrote:

I never have a problem with going LT or future LT with my 1st round pick.

If that's the case, absolutely. I'm down with it. Especially what the 1st round rookie Guard did with the Dallas Cowboys O-Line. I would be fine with it.

Though my gut feeling is really stating other wise. I truly feel draft night will be epic for this franchise. I just don't see them sitting at 6.
    GratefulJet
    GratefulJet
    Honorary Group Captain

Post by GratefulJet Sun 28 Dec 2014 - 19:03

Sarge wrote:

That's Peat from Stanford, I think. He's already announced he'll be returning to school for his senior year. There's a OL from Notre Dame a lot of analysts are high on. I don't know enough about him, but like Scherff. Not sure I want to spend that high a pick on a guy who will likely play G in the pros, but he'd probably be an upgrade at RT for now too. Not nuts about Giacomini, but he's under contract for at least another year.

I agree there are a lot of good WRs should be available in the 2nd round. Justin Hardy from ECU is one. Ty Montgomery Stanford is another.
    Sarge
    Sarge
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Sarge Sun 28 Dec 2014 - 19:04

I love Kevin White - after Cooper, he was the best WR I saw playthis year, Sammie Coats 2nd
    Sarge
    Sarge
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Sarge Sun 28 Dec 2014 - 19:08

Peat is going back to Stanford? Interesting.

There will be good value at DE/OLB at #6 - Shane Ray is a monster, Shaq Thompson, Vic Beasley, Oakman (?) From Baylor - of course that is exactly the one thing we don't need
    Superman55
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Superman55 Sun 28 Dec 2014 - 19:25

Sarge wrote:Peat is going back to Stanford? Interesting.

There will be good value at DE/OLB at #6 - Shane Ray is a monster, Shaq Thompson, Vic Beasley, Oakman (?) From Baylor - of course that is exactly the one thing we don't need

Shane Ray is a name I can't say out loud right now. Allen Robinson was that guy last year. I loved Allen Robinson last year and when he played for the Jags this year, he immediately became the #1 guy. I think Robinson is going to be a stud for Jags, or at least a worth #1 with 80-100 calls a year.

I think Shane Ray would be an awesome addition to our roster. He just one of those guys you'd rather have on your team than off it. I'd also love the Richardson/Ray dynamic. I think they'd love playing together and feed off each other.

He would be a home run pick for me.
    Sarge
    Sarge
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Sarge Sun 28 Dec 2014 - 20:58

Top 6 Mock

1 - Tampa - J Winston QB FSU

2 - Tennessee - M Mariota QB Oregon

3 - Jacksonville - L Williams DT USC

4 - Oakland - A Cooper ER Alabama

5 - Washingtin - R Gregory DE Nebraska

6 - Jets - B Schreff OL Iowa

Even if Schreff projects at RT or at G, he's still a no brainer pick if the draft breaks this way.  A plug and play 12 year starter in the OL and likely Day 1 starter at RG
    NCgreen12
    NCgreen12
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

Post by NCgreen12 Mon 29 Dec 2014 - 11:02

Sarge wrote:Top 6 Mock

Even if Schreff projects at RT or at G, he's still a no brainer pick if the draft breaks this way.  A plug and play 12 year starter in the OL and likely Day 1 starter at RG
    I have no problem with Schreff as the first pick. I'd even have no problem with trading down and making offensive lineman our first two picks. Just look at the Cowboys as exhibit A of how teams get better when their offensive line improves.

BTW - check out Clemson vs Oklahoma today (5:30 ESPN) - Vic Beasly (OLB/DE) is a possibility to be our first pick as this team definitely needs an edge rusher.. Hopefully he will have a better game that Randy Gregory did.
    Superman55
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Superman55 Mon 29 Dec 2014 - 12:42

Sarge wrote:Top 6 Mock

I'd be happy with Scherff OT, Ray OLB, or White WR.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun 19 May 2024 - 9:13