Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A New Community for Jets Fans

+21
Pointdexter
lnap23
jetfandreamer
AFA2017
jamesfyo123
McJet
Sarge
cysporsche
GratefulJet
Seaver
Old#15
LIJETFAN
NickSINYC
football51
The Wicker Man
SackExchange
MachinaVerde
HYATT™
NYJETSDAN16
hobson54
Superman55
25 posters

2015 NFL Draft Thread

Sarge
    Sarge
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

2015 NFL Draft Thread - Page 13 Empty Re: 2015 NFL Draft Thread

Post by Sarge Mon 29 Dec 2014 - 18:29

Kevin White of West Virginia, my #2 WR looked great today in the Liberty Bowl vs TAMU
    GratefulJet
    GratefulJet
    Honorary Group Captain

Post by GratefulJet Mon 29 Dec 2014 - 21:51

White is really dynamic. I didn't catch the game today, but love what I have seen from him. Right now I'm ranking the WRs:

1. Cooper
    2. Parker
    3. White
    4. Coates
    5. Montgomery
    6. Hardy

And honestly, you could make a case for Parker being #1 overall, he could be the best WR in the last several years. Hands, size, speed...he's the player we all hoped Stephen Hill would become--as is Sammie Coates. The great thing about the WRs this year is, so many teams dipped in last year during the 1st two rounds, they've going to address other needs this year, so we should be able to get a good one in the first two rounds. I think Coates would be awesome, White is terrific, but Parker is the guy who could have people saying "he's the best WR in the NFL" in a couple years. Spectacular on jump balls, threat to go the distance anywhere on the field, superb snatching the ball at its apex. Once he polishes his route running, he'll be the complete package you dream of in a #1 WR.
    Superman55
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Superman55 Mon 29 Dec 2014 - 22:48

GratefulJet wrote:White is really dynamic. I didn't catch the game today, but love what I have seen from him. Right now I'm ranking the WRs:

1. Cooper
    2. Parker
    3. White
    4. Coates
    5. Montgomery
    6. Hardy

And honestly, you could make a case for Parker being #1 overall, he could be the best WR in the last several years. Hands, size, speed...he's the player we all hoped Stephen Hill would become--as is Sammie Coates. The great thing about the WRs this year is, so many teams dipped in last year during the 1st two rounds, they've going to address other needs this year, so we should be able to get a good one in the first two rounds. I think Coates would be awesome, White is terrific, but Parker is the guy who could have people saying "he's the best WR in the NFL" in a couple years. Spectacular on jump balls, threat to go the distance anywhere on the field, superb snatching the ball at its apex. Once he polishes his route running, he'll be the complete package you dream of in a #1 WR.

Hey man, watching White vs Parker through this process is going to be awesome. Both are 6'3 210-215lbs, but I think White will run 4.4 flat range maybe a little lower like Moncreif last year (4.35). But you know people will be poking and prodding these two for who goes after Cooper. I do think White will push his way into the #10 range. Someone will fall in love with these speed/size combinations with these two, IMO.
    Old#15
    Honorary Air Commander
    Honorary Air Commander

Post by Old#15 Tue 30 Dec 2014 - 7:59

Superman55 wrote:
    GratefulJet wrote:White is really dynamic. I didn't catch the game today, but love what I have seen from him. Right now I'm ranking the WRs:

1. Cooper
    2. Parker
    3. White
    4. Coates
    5. Montgomery
    6. Hardy

Hey man, watching White vs Parker through this process is going to be awesome.  Both are 6'3 210-215lbs, but I think White will run 4.4 flat range maybe a little lower like Moncreif last year (4.35).  But you know people will be poking and prodding these two for who goes after Cooper.  I do think White will push his way into the #10 range.  Someone will fall in love with these speed/size combinations with these two, IMO.  

If we added one of these guys in May, our WR corps goes from the dregs 2 years ago to potentially elite. Can we afford that though with the situation on the OL, QB, OLB and secondary? There will be some very interesting decisions to be made with the #6 and 2nd round picks. Free agency will be key to our draft, particularly if we able to secure a cornerstone piece like Iupati at OG.
    football51
    football51
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by football51 Wed 31 Dec 2014 - 14:51

cysporsche
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by cysporsche Thu 1 Jan 2015 - 13:08

One thing this article points out is that maybe Brandon Scherff T/G from Iowa should not be the first OL off the board. They think that La'el Collins LT / LSU can start day one @ guard or RT and transition better to LT down the road over Scherff who looks like a permanent guard in the NFL. Being a SEC / ACC fan, I'd have to agree.

I still think we need to trade up and snag Cooper and let Harvin walk and use his 10 million to help recruit other free agents. I'm afraid we've only seen the good side of Percy, and we sure don't need another Santonio Holmes melt down again. i would be very happy with Cooper, Decker, Kerley and newly discovered Chris Owusu @ WR with either Salas, Evan or Enunwa filling in the rest.

Go Jets...Cyborg
    cysporsche
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by cysporsche Thu 1 Jan 2015 - 21:34

If the Titans were considering Jameis Winston, they are'nt right now ! He looked terrible, and got into verbal altercations with several coaches & players, before they finally pulled him. I bet Winston will be sitting there @ 6 now. And if the Titans stay @ 2, it will be Amari Cooper. And no doubt, that Mariota is the real deal in this draft. The Bucs look like they will land a real winner.

Go Jets...Cyborg
    Sarge
    Sarge
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Sarge Thu 1 Jan 2015 - 22:09

Did Marriotta make an NFL caliber pass that entire game? If so, I didn't see it. He runs and makes a ton of dump passes. He's a great college QB I admit

Superman55
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Superman55 Thu 1 Jan 2015 - 22:36

Sarge wrote:Did Marriotta make an NFL caliber pass that entire game? If so, I didn't see it. He runs and makes a ton of dump passes. He's a great college QB I admit

I don't think either QB is worth trading future pics to acquire, IMO.

I sit at 6 and take Cooper, Scherff, Ray, or White (in that order for me), or listen to calls to move back; however, I wouldn't trade far enough back where you lose out on the above 4 that are top 5 talents.
    cysporsche
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by cysporsche Thu 1 Jan 2015 - 23:00

I think unless we trade up we won't sniff Cooper. If Harvin restructures and stays and Cooper is a Titan, what about Todd Gurley 6'1"/226 RB / Georgia ? Yah yah, I know RB's are a dime a dozen, but this kid is special. Gurley with Ivory would be an awesome backfield. I want Cooper but he won't be there @ 6.

Go Jets...Cyborg
    cysporsche
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by cysporsche Thu 1 Jan 2015 - 23:03

Sarge wrote:Did Marriotta make an NFL caliber pass that entire game? If so, I didn't see it. He runs and makes a ton of dump passes. He's a great college QB I admit

Sarge, If Mariota is sitting there @ 6 you would'nt take him ? He looked much better than Winston. I'd take Bryce Petty @ 37.

Go Jets...Cyborg
    jamesfyo123
    Co-Pilot
    Co-Pilot

Post by jamesfyo123 Thu 1 Jan 2015 - 23:18

He's not eligible for the draft this year, but this kid Cardale Jones the Ohio State 3rd-string QB looks like he could be a BEAST with experience. Sophomore, 6'5" 250#. Rocket arm, good runner with a mix of power and finesse. Looks like Cam Newton out here.
    GratefulJet
    GratefulJet
    Honorary Group Captain

Post by GratefulJet Thu 1 Jan 2015 - 23:58

I don't know how you think about Todd Gurley when Melvin Gordon is on the board. Gurley's built more ruggedly than Gordon, which will help his durability in the pros, but Gordon is the best college RB in this draft. I've watched most of his games this year--he is really unique.

Also, Bryce Petty will be long gone when the #37 pick rolls around. JMHO, but he's the borderline #2 QB in the draft right now. Someone will trade into the 2nd half of the 1st round for him. Too many teams need a QB. He could go even higher. I could see Cleveland using one of their two picks on him.
    GratefulJet
    GratefulJet
    Honorary Group Captain

Post by GratefulJet Fri 2 Jan 2015 - 0:19

jamesfyo123 wrote:He's not eligible for the draft this year, but this kid Cardale Jones the Ohio State 3rd-string QB looks like he could be a BEAST with experience. Sophomore, 6'5" 250#. Rocket arm, good runner with a mix of power and finesse. Looks like Cam Newton out here.

Yeah, he has some talent. Be interesting to see how he develops with another year or two in college. He's very young and unpolished now, but promising.
    Sarge
    Sarge
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Sarge Fri 2 Jan 2015 - 1:04

Would I draft Marriota at #6? Depends on who are coaching staff is and if we sign a decent veteran free agent
    NickSINYC
    NickSINYC
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

Post by NickSINYC Fri 2 Jan 2015 - 1:10

Marriota won't be there at 6 NFL caliber pass or not it's a moot point. He is off the board 1st IMO
    Sarge
    Sarge
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Sarge Fri 2 Jan 2015 - 1:44

NickSINYC wrote:Marriota won't be there at 6 NFL caliber pass or not it's a moot point. He is off the board 1st IMO

Oh I agree with that
    Superman55
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Superman55 Fri 2 Jan 2015 - 7:35

Winston is such a turd sandwich...not that I've been pointing that out all year or anything. Hope this car wreck isn't a jet next year, but I look forward to the watching him crash an burn in the NFL...Manziel 2.0. I hope we don't draft that clown.
    Blindsidebrick
    Honorary Wing Commander
    Honorary Wing Commander

Post by Blindsidebrick Fri 2 Jan 2015 - 10:46

I was not impressed with Winston last night. Big game, big stage, and he disappointed. I think he's got great size and a big arm, but as we know from history, that's only half the picture. I don't think he's a top 5, or even top 10 pick. Even though some QB desperate team will probably take him there.

I'm not even completely sold on Mariota as an immediate NFL ready QB. I think it's gonna take a year on the bench with him, and in the right non-traditional offense.
    Seaver
    Seaver
    Pilot
    Pilot

Post by Seaver Fri 2 Jan 2015 - 11:15

Sarge wrote:
    NickSINYC wrote:Marriota won't be there at 6 NFL caliber pass or not it's a moot point. He is off the board 1st IMO

Oh I agree with that

Tampa will then be looking to draft a QB a couple seasons from now........plus Lovie is so damn conservative, I'm not sure he's signing off on Mariotta/QB that high. They need OL help in the worst way and ANY QB they bring in needs protection.
    jamesfyo123
    Co-Pilot
    Co-Pilot

Post by jamesfyo123 Fri 2 Jan 2015 - 12:00

I'm gonna have to disagree with pretty much all of you guys. I thought Winston's game last night showed A LOT more pro potential than Mariota's.

Winston was throwing into some tight windows and even on the one really bad play he had (the fumble, of course) it seemed very fluky and was a great play up until he slipped (spun away from the rush, kept eyes downfield). He did miss some receivers, but Mariota missed several as well, threw a lot of WR screens, and when he did throw downfield he was throwing into HUGE windows. Moreover, Mariota also made a lot of throws on designed long rollouts where he then threw across his body (including the dropped INT by Jalen Ramsey). Can't do that in the NFL.
    Old#15
    Honorary Air Commander
    Honorary Air Commander

Post by Old#15 Fri 2 Jan 2015 - 12:23

I'm kinda glad we don't have #1 - #3 picks because both of these guys are nowhere being ready for the NFL right now. To have a top 5 pick sitting for a year or two which is what both need, particularly with this fanbase will get ugly. Collins LSU at #6, or other top rated OL would be the solid and not sexy choice.
    football51
    football51
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by football51 Fri 2 Jan 2015 - 17:49

cysporsche
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by cysporsche Fri 2 Jan 2015 - 18:13

cysporsche wrote:I think unless we trade up we won't sniff Cooper. If Harvin restructures and stays and Cooper is a Titan, what about Todd Gurley 6'1"/226 RB / Georgia ? Yah yah, I know RB's are a dime a dozen, but this kid is special. Gurley with Ivory would be an awesome backfield. I want Cooper but he won't be there @ 6.

Go Jets...Cyborg

My bad, I'm old and had a brain fart, not Todd Gurley in the first, I meant Melvin Gordon RB 6'1"/213 from Wisconsin. He is an animal. With Gurley's injury, I think that will hurt him.

Go Jets...Cyborg
    Blindsidebrick
    Honorary Wing Commander
    Honorary Wing Commander

Post by Blindsidebrick Fri 2 Jan 2015 - 18:25

Old#15 wrote:I'm kinda glad we don't have #1 - #3 picks because both of these guys are nowhere being ready for the NFL right now.   To have a top 5 pick sitting for a year or two which is what both need, particularly with this fanbase will get ugly.  Collins LSU at #6, or other top rated OL would be the solid and not sexy choice.

#6 isn't so bad afterall. We'll get a good player, or have someone trying to move up give us draft picks.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 17 May 2024 - 1:07