Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A New Community for Jets Fans

+21
Pointdexter
lnap23
jetfandreamer
AFA2017
jamesfyo123
McJet
Sarge
cysporsche
GratefulJet
Seaver
Old#15
LIJETFAN
NickSINYC
football51
The Wicker Man
SackExchange
MachinaVerde
HYATT™
NYJETSDAN16
hobson54
Superman55
25 posters

2015 NFL Draft Thread

NickSINYC
    NickSINYC
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

2015 NFL Draft Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: 2015 NFL Draft Thread

Post by NickSINYC Wed 15 Oct 2014 - 14:36

Superman55 wrote:I fully expect Idzik to draft a left tackle with our top pick next year.  Two names to keep an eye on:

Cedric Ogbuhei, OT, Texas A&M
    Andrus Peat, OT, Stanford
    LT is a big need IMO and I never have a problem drafting one in the 1st round its one of the few positions I think worthy of that spot. 

With that said I want to see the rest of the year play out and if Geno continues to be unimpressive if a top notch QB is available I would go that way instead.
    Superman55
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Superman55 Wed 15 Oct 2014 - 17:23

NickSINYC wrote:
    Superman55 wrote:I fully expect Idzik to draft a left tackle with our top pick next year.  Two names to keep an eye on:

LT is a big need IMO and I never have a problem drafting one in the 1st round its one of the few positions I think worthy of that spot. 

With that said I want to see the rest of the year play out and if Geno continues to be unimpressive if a top notch QB is available I would go that way instead.

I look At it like this:

There is 1 stud QB, 2 stud OTs, and a couple dE/OLb hybrids that make up the top of this draft class. Cooper doesn't have blazing speed at WR (think Reggie Wayne) and the Jets just spent a ton of $$$ on Decker.

Since a CB and WR won't go top 3-5 this year, and the QB goes #1, and Idzik hasn't been too good at moving up and down draft positions, it's likely a OT or OLB or DL...so I'm thinking one of these guys are going to grade out Ogden high and Idzik takes BPa (as he has years past).

It won't be a popular pick, but which Idzik pick in rd 1 led to the crowd erupting in cheers? He's a super conservative guy, so LT seems right up his alley.
    LIJETFAN
    Honorary Air Commander
    Honorary Air Commander

Post by LIJETFAN Wed 15 Oct 2014 - 20:02

I think building a team from the interior lines out is a good way to go. I think the Jets have so many needs, OG, LT, probably a replacement center for Mangold in a year or two, CB, WR and QB, MLB, OLB, and S, you can pretty much start anywhere unless there is a franchise QB available. But if you had to prioritize those needs, I would say
    1. QB if Geno continues to regress,
    2. CB (2)
    3. WR
    4. OL
    5. OLB
    6. MLB
    7. S

So Idzik needs to find 8 new starters next offseason potentially. Funny, we were down this road only two seasons ago when we needed 11-12 new starters on the roster. Idzik hasn't exactly been filling out the roster the past two years... If Idzik took a LT that is going to be a franchise LT, that's fine. It would not be at the top of the needs list, but that is a premier position in the NFL and certainly worth expending a top pick on if you find a guy who is going to be there for 10+ years like D'Brick has been. D'Brick has been a solid player for the Jets. Not a top LT, but certainly a good one.

HYATT™
    HYATT™
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by HYATT™ Wed 15 Oct 2014 - 21:15

SackExchange wrote:
    HYATT™️ wrote:There is already a Jets fan board for that kind of shight, do we REALLY need it here?
    If this place is just going to turn into the other place, what was the point of moving again?
    Shocked

Thank you!

Not sure I expected you to be such a voice of reason, but you are.
    HYATT™️ is always reasonable, in fact, he is fulla "reason".
    Sometimes some of you just don't LIKE HYATT™️'s reasoning when it comes to things Jets related.
    Superman55
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Superman55 Wed 15 Oct 2014 - 22:52

LIJETFAN wrote:I think building a team from the interior lines out is a good way to go.  I think the Jets have so many needs, OG, LT, probably a replacement center for Mangold in a year or two, CB, WR and QB, MLB, OLB, and S, you can pretty much start anywhere unless there is a franchise QB available.  But if you had to prioritize those needs, I would say
    1.  QB if Geno continues to regress,
    2.  CB (2)
    3.  WR
    4.  OL
    5.  OLB
    6.  MLB
    7.  S

So Idzik needs to find 8 new starters next offseason potentially.  Funny, we were down this road only two seasons ago when we needed 11-12 new starters on the roster.  Idzik hasn't exactly been filling out the roster the past two years... If Idzik took a LT that is going to be a franchise LT, that's fine.  It would not be at the top of the needs list, but that is a premier position in the NFL and certainly worth expending a top pick on if you find a guy who is going to be there for 10+ years like D'Brick has been.  D'Brick has been a solid player for the Jets. Not a top LT, but certainly a good one.  

Well, Ogden before and Greg Robinson now, it's not uncommon for a great OT to start as a rookie at OG and eventually transition to RT and ultimately to LT. I could see us replacing both OGs next year and have the OT start as an OG, move to RT, before eventually taking over for Brick.
    Superman55
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Superman55 Wed 15 Oct 2014 - 23:24

Top 10 NFL prospects by position
    Top QBs, RBs, WRs, right through punters and kickers -- 150 players total
    Originally Published: October 15, 2014
    By Mel Kiper Jr. | ESPN Insider
    7025COMMENTS26EMAILPRINT
    Marcus Mariota, Amari Cooper & Melvin Gordon
    USA TODAY Sports
    Marcus Mariota, Amari Cooper and Melvin Gordon are all likely top 2015 NFL draft selections.
    To go directly to a position group, click these links:

Offense: QB | RB | FB | WR | TE | OT | G | C | K/P
    Defense: DE | DT | OLB | ILB | CB | S
    This is for those of you who want to get beyond the Big Board and on to players who could help make up the draft board well into the later rounds. Here, I go into the rankings of my top 10 across every position, with a total of 150 players represented. There's still a long way to go, but this is a midseason appraisal.

Remember: I'm listing prospects under projected NFL positions, and that can be a little tough with some of the more versatile players even before you get into schemes. A college tackle could be listed at guard, a college defensive end listed at linebacker, and so on. Also: I'd give the edge to a senior over a junior in a close call at the back end of a top 10, due to the certainty the senior will be in the draft.

* Denotes a junior

** Denotes a redshirt sophomore

Offense
    Quarterbacks

Top 25 prospects
    1. *Marcus Mariota, QB, Oregon
    2. *Leonard Williams, DE, USC
    3. *Amari Cooper, WR, Alabama
    4. *Randy Gregory, DE, Nebraska
    5. *Shane Ray, DE, Missouri
    6. Cedric Ogbuehi, OT, Texas A&M
    7. Brandon Scherff, OT, Iowa
    8. *Shawn Oakman, DE, Baylor
    9. *Todd Gurley, RB, Georgia
    10. *Andrus Peat, OT, Stanford
    11. **Leonard Floyd, OLB, Georgia
    12. *Melvin Gordon III, RB, Wisconsin
    13. *Landon Collins, S, Alabama
    14. Ifo Ekpre-Olomu, CB, Oregon
    15. **Jameis Winston, QB, Florida St.
    16. Vic Beasley, OLB, Clemson
    17. *Marcus Peters, CB, Washington
    18. *Jaelen Strong, WR, Arizona St.
    19. *Shaq Thompson, OLB, Washington
    20. Bryce Petty, QB, Baylor
    21. *Shilique Calhoun, DE, Michigan St.
    22. *Dante Fowler, DE, Florida
    23. Danny Shelton, DT, Washington
    24. La'el Collins, OT, LSU
    25. *Trae Waynes, CB, Michigan St.

1. *Marcus Mariota, Oregon
    2. **Jameis Winston, Florida St.
    3. Bryce Petty, Baylor
    4. *Brett Hundley, UCLA
    5. *Connor Cook, Michigan St.
    6. Sean Mannion, Oregon St.
    7. *Dak Prescott, Mississippi St.
    8. Cody Fajardo, Nevada
    9. Shane Carden, East Carolina
    10. Taylor Heinicke, Old Dominion

The obvious change here from the rankings I put out to start the season is Winston's drop from No. 1. I've been pretty clear that his off-field decision-making will be a major concern for evaluators, and it's reflected here. Mariota has seen a ton of pressure behind a shell of an offensive line, but is still completing 70 percent of his throws and hasn't been picked off once. Prescott has work to do as a thrower, but he certainly has caught the eye of scouts. Heinicke is a sleeper to watch -- he has impressed me in the few games I've been able to go through.

Running backs

1. *Todd Gurley, Georgia
    2. *Melvin Gordon III, Wisconsin
    3. Ameer Abdullah, Nebraska
    4. *T.J. Yeldon, Alabama
    5. *Duke Johnson, Miami (Fla.)
    6. *Javorius "Buck" Allen, USC
    7. *Mike Davis, South Carolina
    8. Karlos Williams, Florida St.
    9. *Jay Ajayi, Boise St.
    10. David Johnson, No. Iowa

No, I don't think Gurley being held out is going to do much damage to his stock. If anything, it keeps the odometer a little lower. Gordon has been outstanding and is averaging a hair under 8 yards per carry. I just hope he can stay healthy, as I thought he was well-positioned for the 2014 draft. Abdullah has become a known commodity and has a high floor because of his all-around ability. Allen is a new name here, and David Johnson is really impressive as a pass-catcher, not just as a runner.

Fullbacks

1. Jalston Fowler, Alabama
    2. *Dan Vitale, Northwestern
    3. *Derek Watt, Wisconsin
    4. Connor Neighbors, LSU
    5. Hunter Joyer, Florida
    6. *Soma Vainuku, USC
    7. D.J. Warren, Kentucky
    8. Nicholas Parker, Mississippi
    9. *Trevon Pendleton, Michigan St.
    10. Lee Ward, Stanford

I had predicted that Fowler would get a few more touches this season, but so far he has just 5 catches and no carries. Vitale and Watt switch spaces from the previous ranking, and Neighbors makes the biggest move, as I didn't have him ranked in this group back in August, but he's a classic battering ram with decent hands. (His dad and grandpa played at Alabama, by the way.) Vainuku is another versatile Trojans fullback who also sees time at tight end.

Wide receivers

1. *Amari Cooper, Alabama
    2. *Jaelen Strong, Arizona St.
    3. DeVante Parker, Louisville
    4. Kevin White, West Virginia
    5. *Dorial Green-Beckham, Oklahoma
    6. Antwan Goodley, Baylor
    7. Rashad Greene, Florida St.
    8. *Nelson Agholor, USC
    9. Ty Montgomery, Stanford
    10. Justin Hardy, East Carolina

So much talent and polish here. Through six games, Cooper has 54 catches and is closing in on 800 yards. Strong has been very good, with a Hail Mary winner punctuating his first half. Parker is back from a broken foot suffered in August. White has been almost unstoppable and is more than a stats guy. That said, his explosiveness in space is still a small question for me. Montgomery is a fascinating guy to watch because his bulk has him with a strength profile of a decent-sized tailback, and he actually has carried the ball 14 times.

Tight ends

Devin Funchess
    AP Photo/Tony Ding
    Michigan's Devin Funchess has 461 yards receiving with four touchdowns this season.
    1. *Devin Funchess, Michigan
    2. Ben Koyack, Notre Dame
    3. Nick O'Leary, Florida St.
    4. Jeff Heuerman, Ohio St.
    5. *Tyler Kroft, Rutgers
    6. *Jesse James, Penn St.
    7. E.J. Bibbs, Iowa St.
    8. Connor Hamlett, Oregon St.
    9. MyCole Pruitt, So. Illinois
    10. Clive Walford, Miami (Fla.)

I sort of reluctantly list Funchess among the tight ends, and I'll acknowledge he's not in the traditional tight end role if you see where he lines up, so it's in part a size designation, as he plays at close to 240 pounds. I project him to work in that hybrid slot/tight end role at the next level. Koyack has done a great job replacing Troy Niklas, and the Irish continue their production line of tight end talent.

Offensive tackles

1. Cedric Ogbuehi, Texas A&M
    2. Brandon Scherff, Iowa
    3. *Andrus Peat, Stanford
    4. La'el Collins, LSU
    5. Tyrus Thompson, Oklahoma
    6. Ty Sambrailo, Colorado St.
    7. Cameron Erving, Florida St.
    8. T.J. Clemmings, Pittsburgh
    9. Jake Fisher, Oregon
    10. Sean Hickey, Syracuse

The top three remain intact from the August ranking, with Collins sliding up one spot. Thompson is the biggest riser from the start of the season. Fisher getting back on the field for Oregon is significant, given the travails of the unit. Regarding the top three, I really don't think there is a clear order at this point among teams.

Offensive guards

1. Josue Matias, Florida St.
    2. A.J. Cann, South Carolina
    3. Tre' Jackson, Florida St.
    4. *Vadal Alexander, LSU
    5. Jarvis Harrison, Texas A&M
    6. Laken Tomlinson, Duke
    7. Jon Feliciano, Miami (Fla.)
    8. Dallas Lewallen, Wisconsin
    9. Jamil Douglas, Arizona St.
    10. Arie Kouandjio, Alabama

Another group where the top three names are in the same order as I had them in August. Matias is a known commodity, and Cann plays with great leverage. Alexander is the biggest riser, a third-year player who started as a freshman at right tackle and has since moved inside, where he has been very good. Sure enough, another Wisconsin guard is on my list. One always emerges.

Centers

1. Reese Dismukes, Auburn
    2. Hroniss Grasu, Oregon
    3. Andy Gallik, Boston College
    4. *Isaac Seumalo, Oregon St.
    5. *Mike Matthews, Texas A&M
    6. BJ Finney, Kansas St.
    7. *Ryan Kelly, Alabama
    8. Greg Mancz, Toledo
    9. Jake Smith, Louisville
    10. Brandon Vitabile, Northwestern

Gallik is the guy who has moved up the most for me and is now in the second-day picture. Both Dismukes and Grasu are outstanding centers, and there's no change at the top from the beginning of the season. Finney is a player I didn't have listed at the start of the season.

Defense
    Defensive ends

Leonard Williams
    AP Photo/Mark J. Terrill
    USC defensive end Leonard Williams has been a force against opposing offenses this season.
    1. *Leonard Williams, USC
    2. *Randy Gregory, Nebraska
    3. *Shane Ray, Missouri
    4. *Shawn Oakman, Baylor
    5. *Shilique Calhoun, Michigan St.
    6. *Dante Fowler, Florida
    7. **Devonte Fields, TCU
    8. Nate Orchard, Utah
    9. *Mario Edwards, Florida St.
    10. Lorenzo Mauldin, Louisville

This is a ranking where I can't satisfy everyone, because the players are so distinct. Williams isn't remotely the type of player Gregory is, but as long as we have players listed by position, this is what you get. Williams could really be listed as "D-line" because there's hardly a thing he can't do. I see him as a 4-3 defensive end but perhaps more likely as a 5-tech 3-4 DE. He'll succeed in just about any system. Gregory is that long, explosive pass-rusher off the edge. No player has moved up more than Ray, who has really impressed with his ability to clear and create inside pressure.

Defensive tackles

1. Danny Shelton, Washington
    2. *Eddie Goldman, Florida St.
    3. **Jordan Phillips, Oklahoma
    4. Michael Bennett, Ohio St.
    5. Carl Davis, Iowa
    6. Gabe Wright, Auburn
    7. Xavier Williams, No. Iowa
    8. Tyeler Davison, Fresno St.
    9. Chucky Hunter, TCU
    10. Leon Orr, Florida

Shelton has been really disruptive this season, though he's more of a clogger than a guy who will get you TFL consistently. Goldman's play is starting to match his promise -- we've known about him since he was a junior in high school. Bennett hasn't been bad at all, but has been overshadowed somewhat on that deep Ohio State defensive line. Phillips is the biggest riser -- he has been around a while, but is still a redshirt sophomore, thanks to a medical redshirt in a season where he actually saw action in four games (2012).

Inside linebackers

1. *Benardrick McKinney, Mississippi St.
    2. Denzel Perryman, Miami (Fla.)
    3. Eric Kendricks, UCLA
    4. Stephone Anthony, Clemson
    5. Ramik Wilson, Georgia
    6. A.J. Johnson, Tennessee
    7. Hayes Pullard, USC
    8. Taiwan Jones, Michigan St.
    9. Bryce Hager, Baylor
    10. Ben Heeney, Kansas

The country has now gotten a good look at the talented, rangy, consistent-tackling McKinney. Not many changes elsewhere, though I've added Jones of Michigan State to the list since the start of the season.

Outside linebackers

1. **Leonard Floyd, Georgia
    2. Vic Beasley, Clemson
    3. *Shaq Thompson, Washington
    4. *Eric Striker, Oklahoma
    5. Hau'oli Kikaha, Washington
    6. Alvin "Bud" Dupree, Kentucky
    7. Jake Ryan, Michigan
    8. *Eli Harold, Virginia
    9. Tony Washington, Oregon
    10. Zach Hodges, Harvard

Floyd now takes the top spot after a great first half. You see a little of Barkevious Mingo with the elite quickness and good length, though similarly he'll need to develop strength and take-on skills. Kikaha has been a breakthrough guy this season, taking advantage of matchups and moving around on his way to leading the nation in sacks and TFL.

Cornerbacks

Ifo Ekpre-Olomu
    Scott Olmos/USA TODAY Sports
    Oregon cornerback Ifo Ekpre-Olomu is arguably the nation's best shutdown defensive back.
    1. Ifo Ekpre-Olomu, Oregon
    2. *Marcus Peters, Washington
    3. *Trae Waynes, Michigan St.
    4. *Eric Murray, Minnesota
    5. *P.J. Williams, Florida St.
    6. *Ronald Darby, Florida St.
    7. Kevin Johnson, Wake Forest
    8. Cody Riggs, Notre Dame
    9. Senquez Golson, Mississippi
    10. Byron Jones, UConn

Ekpre-Olomu doesn't fit the size profile of the big cornerback so many teams covet because he's on the short side (5-foot-9 to 5-10), but he's special in almost every other way, with coverage, ball skills, and pure quick-twitch explosiveness -- oh, and he'll support in the run game. A ton of depth out of the underclassmen here makes this a deep class, if everybody is in.

Safeties

1. *Landon Collins, Alabama
    2. *Jalen Mills, LSU
    3. Derron Smith, Fresno St.
    4. Kurtis Drummond, Michigan St.
    5. *Durell Eskridge, Syracuse
    6. Anthony Harris, Virginia
    7. Jordan Richards, Stanford
    8. Isaiah Johnson, Georgia Tech
    9. Cody Prewitt, Mississippi
    10. Jaquiski Tartt, Samford

Collins is the clear leader of a group that looks deeper than it did in August. He's just such a complete player. Mills is fulfilling tremendous potential, and Smith is a known commodity playing well. Same with Drummond.
    Superman55
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Superman55 Fri 17 Oct 2014 - 7:59

Time to start rooting for draft position, sad to say.

Arizona at Oakland
    Cleveland at Jags
    Titans at Redskins
    Seattle at Rams
    Tampa on their bye week

We need the home team to pull some upsets.
    NYJETSDAN16
    NYJETSDAN16
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by NYJETSDAN16 Fri 17 Oct 2014 - 9:51

There are a couple of scenarios that will benefit the Jets in next Aprils/May draft.
    We can go the route of drafting a prolific WR in Amari Cooper then draft a QB in the 2nd round or we may have to trade up to acquire the services of Marcus Mariota.

The other scenario is if we have the #1 pick. We can still draft down, Acquire picks and still draft Mariota. With Cooper also being a hot commodity, we can accumulate another 1st rounder in the '16 draft by doing this. Though we would have to be running a huge risk that another team could potentially trade ahead of us if we trade down and snag Marcus.

The Jets need to draft a franchise QB if we are indeed in the top three of the 2015 draft.
    WR's can be had through trades or later rounds. IMHO, Marcus Mariota is a cant miss phenom.

With every game the Jets lose, the BIGGEST SILVER LINING is seeing Marcus in a Jets uniform next year. He's just "WOW!"

NYJETSDAN16
    NYJETSDAN16
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by NYJETSDAN16 Fri 17 Oct 2014 - 10:05

Great debate:

Old#15
    Honorary Air Commander
    Honorary Air Commander

Post by Old#15 Tue 21 Oct 2014 - 11:26

+1. And depending where we finish up wouldn't be surprised to see the ILB from Miss St.
    Superman55
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Superman55 Tue 21 Oct 2014 - 14:41

Old#15 wrote:

+1.  And depending where we finish up wouldn't be surprised to see the ILB from Miss St.  

Our oline play has been about a C/C+ this year. I think it is an area being less discussed because QB, WR, and CB play has been D quality this year so we forget the groups getting Cs.

To me, I'd score our roster spots:

CB - D
    QB - D+/C-
    WR - D+/C-
    OLB - D+/C-
    S - C-
    OL - C
    ----------------------------------------------
    TE - C+
    MLB - B
    RB - A
    DL - A

I think despite all the focus being on QB, CB, and WR, the state of our OL is also an area of concern.

Aboushi looked very good last week, I hop he keeps improving, but Jets need to consider this:

* Colon - needs to be replaced in 2015
    * Gia - needs to be repalced in 2016 (if not earlier)
    * Brick - likely needs to be replaced in 2017

If you look at top pick Greg Robinson OT Auburn - Rams have him at OG this year, slated for RT or LT next year (likely LT), and he can go to LT whenever they want in the future. I still think there could be tremendous value in heading down this path with a top OL prospect.

Plug him in at RG next year, RT in 2016, and replace Brick in 2017. Still like this strategy, even if it isnh't sexy like Cooper.

next year we'll likely have Harvin at $10 mill, Decker at $8 mill, and Kerley on a new contract...I don't even see Cooper as an option with that much $$$ allocated at that position (I am sure that is more than John hoped for already).

Pass rusher and OL would be the two most likely areas we go next year, IMO.

Also, I think Coples gets moved this offseason.
    Old#15
    Honorary Air Commander
    Honorary Air Commander

Post by Old#15 Tue 21 Oct 2014 - 16:26

The Coples comment is disturbing, not because you mentioned it but because he has been misused IMHO. I'm tired of seeing him fronting WRs split way out instead of hand in the dirt rushing the passer. Another example of Rex trying to mold a player into his schematic, versus playing to your team's players strength.
    Superman55
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Superman55 Tue 21 Oct 2014 - 17:33

Old#15 wrote:The Coples comment is disturbing, not because you mentioned it but because he has been misused IMHO.  I'm tired of seeing him fronting WRs split way out instead of hand in the dirt rushing the passer.  Another example of Rex trying to mold a player into his schematic, versus playing to your team's players strength.  

I don't disagree, and I expect 1 or both to be gone next year.
    Seaver
    Seaver
    Pilot
    Pilot

Post by Seaver Wed 22 Oct 2014 - 17:54

Keeping Harvin could be a monumental mistake if in doing so it precludes them from drafting/obtaining downfield WR to stretch the field.

QB is a must at some point. Tickled to see Heinicke from ODU on Mel's list. I don't see a franchise QB on that list....it will take drafting one and coaching him up. With a guy like Mariota you are having to re-train his footwork. Too many variables for me to burn a top 10 pick on.

Jets should be looking at QB/WR positions in rounds 1-2 and then stocking up on DBs, OL, the rest of the way. Idzik needs as many guesses as possible to get lucky.
    football51
    football51
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by football51 Fri 31 Oct 2014 - 13:34

Tony Pauline @TonyPauline · Oct 27
    League insider told me earlier this evening, "if I have the draft's first pick and don't need a QB, I'm taking Randy Gregory/Nebraska"
    Seaver
    Seaver
    Pilot
    Pilot

Post by Seaver Fri 31 Oct 2014 - 14:21

I'm partial to taking WR-Cooper.
    football51
    football51
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by football51 Fri 31 Oct 2014 - 18:38

Prospect watch. In the Hole for the Nole(credit Sack Very Happy )

http://turnonthejets.com/2014/10/new-york-jets-early-prospect-watch/
    Old#15
    Honorary Air Commander
    Honorary Air Commander

Post by Old#15 Sat 1 Nov 2014 - 10:32

football51 wrote:Prospect watch. In the Hole for the Nole(credit Sack Very Happy )

http://turnonthejets.com/2014/10/new-york-jets-early-prospect-watch/

Of interest also are the OT and WR, intriguing prospects.
    Superman55
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Superman55 Mon 3 Nov 2014 - 18:55

Big Ten suspends Stefon Diggs one game over handshake incident
    2 hours ago
    For their roles in the handshake incident that preceded the Maryland's game against Penn State, the Big Ten has suspended Terrapins wide receiver Stefon Diggs one game and reprimanded head coach Randy Edsall. Maryland will also have to pay a $10,000 fine. The Big Ten characterized the team's decision-making as "exceptionally regrettable" and came down on Edsall for "failing to control his team."

In addition to being one of the captains involved in the decision to not shake hands with Penn State, Diggs also appeared to slightly stiff-arm a ref who was attempting to quell the kerfuffle that preceded it.

Maryland's next game is on Nov. 15 when the No. 7 Michigan State Spartans travel to College Park.
    Seaver
    Seaver
    Pilot
    Pilot

Post by Seaver Wed 5 Nov 2014 - 12:20

I would not be shocked to see the Jets go Guard with a pick in first or second round
    football51
    football51
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by football51 Wed 5 Nov 2014 - 15:30

Seaver wrote:I would not be shocked to see the Jets go Guard with a pick in first or second round

I would be....... at least in the first round if we maintain our current draft status Shocked .
    Superman55
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Superman55 Wed 5 Nov 2014 - 15:55

football51 wrote:
    Seaver wrote:I would not be shocked to see the Jets go Guard with a pick in first or second round

I would be....... at least in the first round if we maintain our current draft status Shocked .

I wouldn't...but in the Greg Robinson mold. We draft a LT that starts at OG as a rookie. I actually "really" think this will be the way we go if we do not land Mariota. Winston isn't a top 10 talent, IMO, and Mariota and Cook are the only franchise QBs I see in this draft. If they are not there when our pick comes up, I think we draft a LT that plays OG as a rookie or trade back and take CB.
    GratefulJet
    GratefulJet
    Honorary Group Captain

Post by GratefulJet Wed 5 Nov 2014 - 17:32

Superman55 wrote:
    football51 wrote:

I wouldn't...but in the Greg Robinson mold.  We draft a LT that starts at OG as a rookie. I actually "really" think this will be the way we go if we do not land Mariota.  Winston isn't a top 10 talent, IMO, and Mariota and Cook are the only franchise QBs I see in this draft.  If they are not there when our pick comes up, I think we draft a LT that plays OG as a rookie or trade back and take CB.

That's a pretty solid early draft scenario.
    football51
    football51
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by football51 Thu 13 Nov 2014 - 15:43

Blindsidebrick
    Honorary Wing Commander
    Honorary Wing Commander

Post by Blindsidebrick Thu 13 Nov 2014 - 15:59

I cannot envision us taking an o-lineman in round one. Not because we don't need some interior linemen, just that it's not the biggest area of need. Brick has 2-3 good years left, and Giacomini has been ok at RT. Mangold also should stick for another couple of years, at least. I'm all for drafting another guard in the middle rounds, maybe even with a second or third round pick. But we have bigger needs at QB, a younger OLB to replace Pace, and CB, IMO. Now, if we address those positions in FA, then that obviously changes everything.

I'm actually hoping we land a solid guard in FA, to pair with Aboushi.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 17 May 2024 - 2:28