Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A New Community for Jets Fans

+24
skop
soj
The Wicker Man
Old#15
LIJETFAN
HYATT™
WilliesDad
JohnnyBaseball
trico990
cysporsche
Superman55
GratefulJet
danfran
Metjetgal
SackExchange
Lakerfan1980
NCgreen12
Blindsidebrick
Atljet60
jamesfyo123
hobson54
NYJETSDAN16
NickSINYC
football51
28 posters

Jets trade for Percy Harvin

Superman55
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Jets trade for Percy Harvin - Page 6 Empty Re: Jets trade for Percy Harvin

Post by Superman55 Mon 20 Oct 2014 - 17:29

I said this before, but think of the impact of 1 missed kick on the spin of this story:

* Folk makes 58 yard game winner in New England - Jets are 2-5 but 1-0 in the division with momentum coming off a big road win and solid QB play in a hostile environment and gives said QB another momentum to build on down a potential stretch run through the division by acquiring Harvin.

* Folk's FG blocked - jets can't do anything right and is a dead team walking, no need for them to get any better. Wasted transaction for the jets.

Truth: we needed him whether we were 6-1 now or 1-6, it was a hole on our roster that needed filling. Harvin gets a shot of filling it first before next offseason/draft.

I wonder if the Jags brought him back to Florida to help their young QB if it would get as much bad press or people would take it for what it is, a weapon helping their team get better?

Let the bad news articles stay where they are. We get at least 9 weeks of watching Percy Harvin as a Jet. He's an electric player that going to be a Delight to watch in Green and White on Sundays regardless of our record. We're now going to have formations with Chris Johnson, Harvin, Decker, Amaro, and Kerley on the field at the same time. What's not to be happy about that? No one in the media is raining on my parade when it comes to watching that. Sit back and enjoy fellas!

Atljet60
    Atljet60
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

Post by Atljet60 Mon 20 Oct 2014 - 18:48

I can't imagine a locker room full of guys not having fights throughout the year. Why is this such a big deal? Fights occur frequently during camp. We're talking about 60 players or so week in and week out. Are we to assume that they get along every hour that they're together? Some people call it passion. There are many fights. Just another case of media bashing. I'm glad that he's here. Maybe he can be the spark to ignite some of our woes on offense.
    hobson54
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by hobson54 Mon 20 Oct 2014 - 21:21

my take on all the negative harvin stories is that it isn't the media bashing the jets for getting him, but explaining why the defending super bowl champs, who gave up a ton to get him a year ago, got rid of him so quickly. at least from the national media.
    Superman55
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Superman55 Mon 20 Oct 2014 - 21:38

Love these quotes:

"Almost everybody in this locker room has been in a fight before,” said Giacomini, a seventh-year pro. We play football. You know what I’m saying? Oh, it happened twice. Who cares? He’s a good competitor. That’s what it is. I know it was squashed right away with Golden, because I was there, and I heard the same thing about Doug. I think it’s being blown up. He’s a good addition to this team and he’s been a great teammate.”

“I love the way he plays,” said Giacomini, whose locker is now situated next to Harvin’s at the Jets’ complex. “He kind of plays the way I like to play. I think he’s going to fit in fine. I think he’s going to help this team immediately on Sunday (against the Bills). I don’t know why they let him go or whatever. But to have Percy Harvin as a Jet is going to help us. Yeah, I’m surprised (Seattle traded him). But guess what? I think we got the upper hand here. I don’t know who they’re going to draft, but it’s not going to be Percy Harvin.

http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2014/10/jets_breno_giacomini_on_percy_harvin_fighting_golden_tate_before_seahawks_super_bowl_team_picture_wh.html
    SackExchange
    SackExchange

Post by SackExchange Mon 20 Oct 2014 - 22:39

With Giacomini saying what he said, is there truly a doubt that these incidents are being blown up because Harvin is now a Jet? It fits their storyline of a circus in Florham Park.
    Superman55
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Superman55 Mon 20 Oct 2014 - 23:19

SackExchange wrote:With Giacomini saying what he said, is there truly a doubt that these incidents are being blown up because Harvin is now a Jet? It fits their storyline of a circus in Florham Park.

All that talk goes away if they execute on the field, Geno and the O looks better, and they start winning like they should. If it blows up in their face, at least they didn't just play out the string and gave it a shot. I think this is no lose for the jets. If it doesn't work, Idzik can say he did everything he could for Rex and Marty.

All I know is, this is what I wanted on offense the entire time. It didn't matter the name: DJax, Tate, Sanders, Cooks, Beckham, Ellington, M. Lee, Robinson, etc, etc....

It was obvious we needed an infusion of youth and speed in the WR core to mix with Decker and Kerley.

This is Idzik giving us a full plate of tools that Geno now needs to show he can work with.

If they decide to go in another direction at QB, it's not too hard to believe a new QB coming into Decker, Harvin, Kerley, Amaro, Ivory, and CJ2k is coming into a healthy situation. That's all you can ask for in developing a young QB (think Big Ben, Wilson, Kapernick, Cam Newton, and Dalton) is a solid run game with ample receiving options that can create separation. Geno should have plenty of outlets open with Harvin, Amaro, and CJ2k...because almost every pass play one of them will be covered by a LB...

The offense I was hoping for with $50 mill to spend this off season and 12 draft picks in some way shape or form will be on the field this Sunday.
    SackExchange
    SackExchange

Post by SackExchange Mon 20 Oct 2014 - 23:28

The mix is pretty strong. Geno (or any QB) now has a solid possession receiver with size as a starter (Decker), another starter with game-changing speed (Harvin), a seriously legit #3 in Kerley, and a solid pass-catching TE in Amaro, his dropsies aside. If CJ stepped up, he would truly have a full complement of weapons with a RB catching out of the backfield.

Not the best set of skill guys in the league, but absolutely more than adequate. We will now see what we have at QB.
    LIJETFAN
    Honorary Air Commander
    Honorary Air Commander

Post by LIJETFAN Tue 21 Oct 2014 - 9:54

My take exactly Sack - getting Harvin helps to fairly evaluate Smith. Adding Harvin makes the offense good enough to win, if the offensive line can actually hold up in pass protection. But it is going to take a few weeks before he is fully integrated into the offense. He doesn't know the playbook, and Smith hasn't had any time to work with him. So it will take a little time in my opinion before Harvin and Geno are on the same page unless they really simplify the offense.

On a related note, I read an article by Ian O'Connor this morning (another writer I can't stand) bashing Idzik and basically calling him an overmatched GM. He did make some valid points - sarcasm and hyperbole notwithstanding about the trade and Idzik's tenure in general. Points that many of us on this Board have been making about Idzik's tenure thus far for a while. This trade in my opinion should not decide Idzik's fate in the near term. Harvin could work out or not. It was a low risk trade and the Jets are 1-6 and out of the playoff hunt already. Longer term, if Harvin works out he could make an impact. This year, the value he provides is to help evaluate Smith. If he works out great. If not, I think getting Harvin was a low risk move and worth the risk.

I think there is virtually no chance that Idzik will be fired after the season. And he deserves at least one more year in my opinion. But, if Woody decided to blow the whole thing up (which would be a perfectly understandable decision at this point), I would actually consider that a positive because it signals that he won't accept mediocrity any longer. And thus far Idzik's results have been mediocre at best. I really do want to hear Woody speak publicly and candidly about the state of the franchise. If he comes off as soft and tolerant I think that is a bad sign. If he comes off as angry with a little fire and passion and actually takes some action by making organizational changes, that would be a good thing. I am sure Rex will be gone, but that is not enough in my opinion. There are deeper problems on the personnel side of the organization and those need to be fixed immediately.
    cysporsche
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by cysporsche Tue 21 Oct 2014 - 11:36

I just read on our old Scout board someone say that Harvin punched Golden Tate because Tate was caught sleeping with Russell Wilson's wife ? Not sure if thats true or not ?

IMO, Percy knows he is being watched by everyone, and I think he will be a role citizen in the locker room and play with a serious chip on his shoulder on the field.

This trade was a no brainer for Idzik. To get a future star player for probably a 5th rounder was quite the coup by the Jets.

Go Jets...Cyborg
    Metjetgal
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Metjetgal Tue 21 Oct 2014 - 12:02

Can't wait to see this guy, then can't wait to rip off 9 wins in a row. bounce bounce
    soj
    Honorary Air Commander
    Honorary Air Commander

Post by soj Tue 21 Oct 2014 - 13:42

Metjetgal wrote:Can't wait to see this guy, then can't wait to rip off 9 wins in a row. bounce bounce

I am with you, not sure about the wins but there are no more excuses for Geno... time to step up and play consistent error free FB and this team can win period.
    Superman55
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Superman55 Tue 21 Oct 2014 - 14:32

soj wrote:
    Metjetgal wrote:Can't wait to see this guy, then can't wait to rip off 9 wins in a row. bounce bounce

I am with you, not sure about the wins but  there are no more excuses for Geno... time to step up and play consistent error free FB and this team can win period.

Me too, except I keep reading phrases like "error free" or "at least as good as he did in the New England game."

You don't know who didn't play as well as geno did last week...Drew Brees.

Adding Harvin doesn't erase the possibility of Geno having a bad game, it just allows for more consistent high level play. He's still going to have bad games...you know, like Matt Ryan and Andy Dalton did last week. I think he can be someplace in the middle of those 2, but he's not going to play error free or perfect football the rest of the way now.
    football51
    football51
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by football51 Tue 21 Oct 2014 - 15:58

Superman55
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Superman55 Tue 21 Oct 2014 - 19:48

football51 wrote:Read my post above on Sanders/Kerley. Also, as far as Jackson is concerned, IMO MM and Vick didn't give as glowing of an endorsement behind the scenes to Idzik. Jackson also hasn't made a difference in Washington's record either. Not to mention that the Jets don't owe Harvin a penny after this year unless they choose to keep him. Totally un- Tannenbaum- like. We can sign Wilkerson tomorrow..... Harvin hasn't prevented that from happening. please, look back at the 2010 and 2011 Seahawks including draft picks, trades, free agents, etc and you will see eery similarities to what Idzik is doing his first two years. Too many want the Seahawks of 2012 and 2013 right now with the Jets and it's just not possible nor is it how it was done.

Sanders is a faster, more dynamic, WR threat that can play outside and inside. Kerley can't play outside and is a #3. Sanders has speed in and out of his routes. Those 2 arent close, even if their #s say they are close. Sanders and Larry Fitzgerald and Kerley may have similar #s the last 2 years, I honestly dont know if they do or not, but = stats dont make them = players.

As for your point on Jackson, I am sure with Marty he knows that devil, and with Schneider, he knows that devil. I don't disagree on him feeling more comfortable with Harvin than DJax, I said that too earlier.

However, this is the part of your post that painfully shows your Idzik bias (and it us undying to date):

"Not to mention that the Jets don't owe Harvin a penny after this year unless they choose to keep him. Totally un- Tannenbaum- like."

"The 5-foot-11 Holmes, a first-round pick out of Ohio State in 2006, has one year remaining on his contract and will essentially be on a 12-game tryout for a long-term deal."

http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/news/story?id=5077088

You also painfully ignored the topic of the loss of cap room next year (and this year) by making this Harvin deal instead of using free agency...and you neglect to address the un-needed loss of a draft pick.

Are you and Joe related? Tell the truth.
    football51
    football51
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by football51 Tue 21 Oct 2014 - 19:59

Superman55 wrote:
    football51 wrote:Read my post above on Sanders/Kerley. Also, as far as Jackson is concerned, IMO MM and Vick didn't give as glowing of an endorsement behind the scenes to Idzik. Jackson also hasn't made a difference in Washington's record either. Not to mention that the Jets don't owe Harvin a penny after this year unless they choose to keep him. Totally un- Tannenbaum- like. We can sign Wilkerson tomorrow..... Harvin hasn't prevented that from happening. please, look back at the 2010 and 2011 Seahawks including draft picks, trades, free agents, etc and you will see eery similarities to what Idzik is doing his first two years. Too many want the Seahawks of 2012 and 2013 right now with the Jets and it's just not possible nor is it how it was done.

Sanders is a faster, more dynamic, WR threat that can play outside and inside.  Kerley can't play outside and is a #3.  Sanders has speed in and out of his routes.  Those 2 arent close, even if their #s say they are close.  Sanders and Larry Fitzgerald and Kerley may have similar #s the last 2 years, I honestly dont know if they do or not, but = stats dont make them = players.

As for your point on Jackson, I am sure with Marty he knows that devil, and with Schneider, he knows that devil.  I don't disagree on him feeling more comfortable with Harvin than DJax, I said that too earlier.

However, this is the part of your post that painfully shows your Idzik bias (and it us undying to date):

"Not to mention that the Jets don't owe Harvin a penny after this year unless they choose to keep him. Totally un- Tannenbaum- like."

"The 5-foot-11 Holmes, a first-round pick out of Ohio State in 2006, has one year remaining on his contract and will essentially be on a 12-game tryout for a long-term deal."

You also painfully ignored the topic of the loss of cap room next year (and this year) by making this Harvin deal instead of using free agency...and you neglect to address the un-needed loss of a draft pick.

Are you and Joe related?  Tell the truth.

wrong thread......... this should be in the Kerley one. However, not biased at all. Tannenbaum gave up a pick for a player that had to be resigned including giving him fully guaranteed money the year after the trade. Idzik gave up a pick for a player with 4 years left on his deal with zero guaranteed dollars. Unneeded loss of a draft pick? We know that if cut, Harvin would've signed here and not NE for example? I like this trade just like I liked giving up a pick for Ivory. If we used free agency next year for a wr, we'd still be using cap space, so, I'm not sure what you're getting at there. Idzik didn't see a wr this offseason(other than Decker) that he wanted on the free market. He saw an opportunity with Harvin and took it. There's no way of knowing which wr's will actually make it to free agency next march(resignings/tags), so, this was a good opportunity.
    Superman55
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Superman55 Tue 21 Oct 2014 - 20:47

football51 wrote:
    Superman55 wrote:

Sanders is a faster, more dynamic, WR threat that can play outside and inside.  Kerley can't play outside and is a #3.  Sanders has speed in and out of his routes.  Those 2 arent close, even if their #s say they are close.  Sanders and Larry Fitzgerald and Kerley may have similar #s the last 2 years, I honestly dont know if they do or not, but = stats dont make them = players.

As for your point on Jackson, I am sure with Marty he knows that devil, and with Schneider, he knows that devil.  I don't disagree on him feeling more comfortable with Harvin than DJax, I said that too earlier.

Are you and Joe related?  Tell the truth.

wrong thread......... this should be in the Kerley one. However, not biased at all. Tannenbaum gave up a pick for a player that had to be resigned including giving him fully guaranteed money the year after the trade. Idzik gave up a pick for a player with 4 years left on his deal with zero guaranteed dollars. Unneeded loss of a draft pick? We know that if cut, Harvin would've signed here and not NE for example? I like this trade just like I liked giving up a pick for Ivory. If we used free agency next year for a wr, we'd still be using cap space, so, I'm not sure what you're getting at there. Idzik didn't see a wr this offseason(other than Decker) that he wanted on the free market. He saw an opportunity with Harvin and took it. There's no way of knowing which wr's will actually make it to free agency next march(resignings/tags), so, this was a good opportunity.

We're not going to agree on anything today. I moved this over here, because this actually has nothing to do with kerley, but when we decided to add a #2 WR to this team.

I may agree that Idzik may not have liked Sanders (Idzik skipped his free agent visit (just like DRC), so Sanders cancelled (DRC still came even though Idzik didn't attend the visi)t), DJax, Golden Tate (who was sleeping with Russell Wilson's wife last season, so I'm sure Idzik was not on board with that, even Seattle refused to make him an offer, even at a home town discount, they wanted no part of Tate), Nicks (coming off injury and looks disappointing), Cooper, Maclin, Roberts (who I also loved), or Lafell (didnt love).

Maybe he didn't like any of them for $3-5 mill per year. Harvin is better than all of the above not named DJax (though for every 1 year of Harvin on your cap you get 2 years of DJax).

To my earlier point, that ship has sailed.

I am also very happy with the Harvin deal, and agree there is no guarunteed money in his deal, but likely every year we keep him, he'll get paid $10.5 mill per season (i.e. the #1 paid Jet until Mo gets his deal).

What I was saying above was "if" Idzik signed any of the above, we'd have:

* A #2 Wr of Sanders, Tate, maclin, Cooper, Lafell, or DJax, and
    * extra $5 mill in cap room this year,
    * an extra 5 mill in cap room next year, and
    * a 2015 6th rd pick
    * likely not a 1-6 record

Instead of all the above, we have:

* Percy Harvin
    * and a 1-6 record

I love Percy Harvin and I am happy to have him, but I still feel if free agency was used better, we wouldn't be 1-6, in a better cap situation this year and next, and have 1 extra pick heading into next year's draft. That's all I am saying. You may be right he didn't like any of them; but it's hard to tell when the guy wont even meet with free agents when they come to town to visit...
    Blindsidebrick
    Honorary Wing Commander
    Honorary Wing Commander

Post by Blindsidebrick Tue 21 Oct 2014 - 21:06

Idzik is the reason we're 1-6?  That's a pretty broad brush you're using.

Speaking of being related to people (as you so often do), are you related to Ian O'Connor? He did an outstanding job blaming everything on our GM. It's a good laugh, in his latest anti-Jets diatribe.
    Superman55
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Superman55 Tue 21 Oct 2014 - 21:13

Blindsidebrick wrote:Idzik is the reason we're 1-6?  That's a pretty broad brush you're using.

Speaking of being related to people (as you so often do), are you related to Ian O'Connor? He did an outstanding job blaming everything on our GM. It's a good laugh, in his latest anti-Jets diatribe.

Where does it say that?

..and if you cant keep up with the conversation, it's probably better you stay out of it.  51 and I are talking here, and I have no interest in your opinion.

Blindsidebrick
    Honorary Wing Commander
    Honorary Wing Commander

Post by Blindsidebrick Tue 21 Oct 2014 - 23:41

Superman55 wrote:
    Blindsidebrick wrote:Idzik is the reason we're 1-6?  That's a pretty broad brush you're using.

Where does it say that?

..and if you cant keep up with the conversation, it's probably better you stay out of it.  51 and I are talking here, and I have no interest in your opinion.

You apparently don't understand the concept of a football message board. Everyone's free to respond to everyone.

You don't get to be rude and call people names, and then say "stay out of my business". It doesn't work that way.
    hobson54
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by hobson54 Wed 22 Oct 2014 - 9:27

Superman55 wrote:

Maybe he didn't like any of them for $3-5 mill per year.  Harvin is better than all of the above not named DJax (though for every 1 year of Harvin on your cap you get 2 years of DJax).

you are overstated the savings on djax's contract.  for 2014 he has a $4.25MM cap charge.  so yes, this year there is a savings.  for each of the next 3 years, he has a $9.25MM cap charge, so it's more or less the same as harvin.

http://overthecap.com/player/desean-jackson/744/

however, a huge difference is downside protection.  both are volatile players with baggage that could be at risk of implosion.  for argument's sake, let's say both the jets and the redskins want to get out of the deals after this season.

for the jets, they cut harvin, lose a 6th round pick, and call it a day
    for the redskins, they cut jackson and take an $11.5 million dead money cap hit in 2015

harvin comes with no guaranteed money.  downside is a lost 6th round pick.  djax got $16 million in fully guaranteed money.
    Superman55
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Superman55 Wed 22 Oct 2014 - 10:28

hobson54 wrote:
    Superman55 wrote:

Maybe he didn't like any of them for $3-5 mill per year.  Harvin is better than all of the above not named DJax (though for every 1 year of Harvin on your cap you get 2 years of DJax).

you are overstated the savings on djax's contract.  for 2014 he has a $4.25MM cap charge.  so yes, this year there is a savings.  for each of the next 3 years, he has a $9.25MM cap charge, so it's more or less the same as harvin.

http://overthecap.com/player/desean-jackson/744/

however, a huge difference is downside protection.  both are volatile players with baggage that could be at risk of implosion.  for argument's sake, let's say both the jets and the redskins want to get out of the deals after this season.

for the jets, they cut harvin, lose a 6th round pick, and call it a day
    for the redskins, they cut jackson and take an $11.5 million dead money cap hit in 2015

harvin comes with no guaranteed money.  downside is a lost 6th round pick.  djax got $16 million in fully guaranteed money.

I agree completely; however, saving that $5 mill this year, with that $4.25 salary, and say the skins were under the cap by at least $5 mill like we are (pretend the skins were in our shoes, they're in the worst cap situation actually, but pretend they were in our cap situation)...saving that $5 mill this year would roll over on top of next year, right? When you cut him after the season, if necessary, it wouldnt be so bad, because you save $5 mill, that rolled over, meaning 1 year of $6.5 mill of dead money...because you cut his year 1 salary in half and rolled into the year 2 to absorb the cap hit if needed. It would be the back door way of protecting yourself, which is what the skins did theoretically. Not a horrible idea and way to get out of the contract in 2 years.

Cool link about the cap below just for giggles with roll over amounts.

http://www.spotrac.com/cap-tracker/nfl/

Fine by me either way, I'm glad we have Harvin, and the skins put themselves in a spot to lose Orakpo (they will this year, he's walking, IMO).

I dont disagree Idzik likely trusts Harvin and the cap situation with Harvin a little better than DJax. They're both a pain, no doubt, but DJax also has 26 receptions, 528 yards, and 3 TDs this year (including roasting Richard Sherman on Monday night football for a 60 yard TD). Im just saying he could have been had for a smaller price tag back then (or the same price tag if we did the trade and never let him get cut by the Eagles...that would have been $0 gaunrunteed money left on his deal also...just like Harvin).

It doesn't matter now, I'm just not pretending this isn't a similar demon addition to DJax and Holmes...it's the exact type of addition/risk/salary implications as those risks...just like if Harvin is on his best behavior this year, Jets resign him to a better deal for both sides this spring, and harvin turns into Holmes after the new deal (DJax could do the same to the skins)...it's a calculated risk that could have been done in free agency (or by trading for DJax if you want the same situation as Harvin is in now), has been done before by Mike T, and we're doing again now with Harvin. It is what it is, I'm just not mentioning Idzik and Ron Wolf in the same sentence because of this trade like a few others seem to be...

I'd rather have Harvin than not have him and he's the type of player i've wanted all along. I look forward to winning this weekend on your big day in a special day of a breakout of two playas!
    skop
    Navigator
    Navigator

Post by skop Wed 22 Oct 2014 - 10:48

[quote="Superman55"]I said this before, but think of the impact of 1 missed kick on the spin of this story:

* Folk makes 58 yard game winner in New England - Jets are 2-5 but 1-0 in the division with momentum coming off a big road win and solid QB play in a hostile environment and gives said QB another momentum to build on down a potential stretch run through the division by acquiring Harvin.

* Folk's FG blocked - jets can't do anything right and is a dead team walking, no need for them to get any better.  Wasted transaction for the jets.

Truth: we needed him whether we were 6-1 now or 1-6, it was a hole on our roster that needed filling.  Harvin gets a shot of filling it first before next offseason/draft.

I wonder if the Jags brought him back to Florida to help their young QB if it would get as much bad press or people would take it for what it is, a weapon helping their team get better?

Let the bad news articles stay where they are.  We get at least 9 weeks of watching Percy Harvin as a Jet.  He's an electric player that going to be a Delight to watch in Green and White on Sundays regardless of our record.  We're now going to have formations with Chris Johnson, Harvin, Decker, Amaro, and Kerley on the field at the same time.  What's not to be happy about that?  No one in the media is raining on my parade when it comes to watching that.  Sit back and enjoy fellas!

55, you couldn't have said it better.

as for the 1-6 record...GB loss by 1 score, ditto CHI, ditto DET, ditto NE, down by 1 score w/ the ball in closing minutes against DENV.
    the only game we weren't competitive was SD.

Obviously the naysayers don't see what you do. Decker gives you a tough guy, possession receiver with an ability to make a play for his QB, Kerley gives you nice slot receiver picking up what D's offer, and Harvin is a big play after the grab to a deep threat...IMO, the key that they diametrically different, and that causes match-up problems.

I have a feeling you're going to see much better spacing, and easier passing lanes. Great move all around.
    SackExchange
    SackExchange

Post by SackExchange Wed 22 Oct 2014 - 10:50

Blindsidebrick wrote:
    Superman55 wrote:

Where does it say that?

You apparently don't understand the concept of a football message board. Everyone's free to respond to everyone.

You don't get to be rude and call people names, and then say "stay out of my business". It doesn't work that way.
    Agreed.

This isn't that other board. The disrespect has to stop.
    football51
    football51
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by football51 Wed 22 Oct 2014 - 16:01

Manish Mehta @MMehtaNYDN · 1h 1 hour ago
    Jets are not making Percy Harvin available to the media today or tomorrow. #NYJ's 9-game Protection Plan underway Rolling Eyes

Dan Leberfeld @jetswhispers · 15m 15 minutes ago
    I have no issue with Harvin not speaking to press today. He's got a lot of football work to do - playing catchup. Jets did nothing wrong.
    hobson54
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by hobson54 Wed 22 Oct 2014 - 16:08

Coach Rex Ryan said it's "unrealistic" to expect Percy Harvin to play 50 offensive snaps in his Jets' debut Week 8 against the Bills.
    Harvin will return kickoffs and possibly punts, but he doesn't know OC Marty Mornhinweg's offense. The Jets will have a couple packages for Harvin on offense, but he's unlikely to play more than 25-30 snaps. It may take a few weeks before Harvin becomes usable in fantasy lineups. It'll be Eric Decker and Jeremy Kerley gobbling up the bulk of the work and targets at receiver Sunday.
    Source: Rich Cimini on Twitter Oct 22 - 2:34 PM

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon 13 May 2024 - 5:46