Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A New Community for Jets Fans

+21
Pointdexter
lnap23
jetfandreamer
AFA2017
jamesfyo123
McJet
Sarge
cysporsche
GratefulJet
Seaver
Old#15
LIJETFAN
NickSINYC
football51
The Wicker Man
SackExchange
MachinaVerde
HYATT™
NYJETSDAN16
hobson54
Superman55
25 posters

2015 NFL Draft Thread

cysporsche
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

2015 NFL Draft Thread - Page 22 Empty Re: 2015 NFL Draft Thread

Post by cysporsche Sat 17 Jan 2015 - 12:28

SackExchange wrote:
    Seaver wrote:
    cysporsche wrote:ESPN latest mock has Gregory 6'6"/235 going to the Raiders @ #4 with Cooper WR 6'1"/210 falling to the Jets @ #6.

With Jack DelRio the Raiders new defensive minded HC, I'd bet he targets Suh for their DL and Gregory to play OLB opposite Mack. That would improve the Raiders 30th ranked defense in hurry with those two moves.

Go Jets...Cyborg

can't argue that logic, but the flip side is they have their franchise QB with pedestrian WRs.  Raiders really hold the direction of the draft.
    Good point. They do have their QB, or at least are committed to their QB unless and until he demonstrates otherwise. The Raiders are a bit of a lynchpin in this whole draft.

After watching Brady unfortunately all these years, I have learned that a great QB can make average WR's look great ! LaFell was very average with the Panthers, and Adelman was a QB and Amidola was done before hooking up with Brady.

My point is that they have a very good QB, now it's time to build the trenches with DL or OL, great WR's will come later. I'm bias because I want Cooper !

Go Jets...Cyborg
    Superman55
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Superman55 Tue 20 Jan 2015 - 12:06

Shane Ray - LB - Player
    NFL Draft Insider Tony Pauline passes along "word from the Senior Bowl" that the Falcons like Missouri OLB Shane Ray "a lot."
    An "undersized" pass rusher listed at 6-foot-3, 245, Ray could play the "Leo" role in Dan Quinn's defense. (Quinn hasn't formally been named Falcons coach, but will be after Seattle's Super Bowl bid.) In Bruce Irvin and Cliff Avril, Quinn has experience utilizing edge defenders of Ray's skill set.
    Pointdexter
    Navigator
    Navigator

Post by Pointdexter Tue 20 Jan 2015 - 12:38

For me right now, the only players I would like to see at #6 are the two QB's or Dorial Green-Beckham. We so badly need a QB to build around. If that falls through give me the 6'6, 225 lb game-changer at WR. I think it was a mistake passing on Benjamin last year considering how much a defense has to account for a guy like that. Match-up nightmare one on one. DGB brings that same element but is faster.....and all-around better than KB.
    Superman55
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Superman55 Tue 20 Jan 2015 - 13:13

Pointdexter wrote:For me right now, the only players I would like to see at #6 are the two QB's or Dorial Green-Beckham.  We so badly need a QB to build around.  If that falls through give me the 6'6, 225 lb game-changer at WR.  I think it was a mistake passing on Benjamin last year considering how much a defense has to account for a guy like that.  Match-up nightmare one on one.  DGB brings that same element but is faster.....and all-around better than KB.

you dont like White and/or Parker?
    Sarge
    Sarge
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Sarge Tue 20 Jan 2015 - 13:16

Green-Beckham is a cancer who has washed out everywhere he has been expected to obey the rules. No way in HADES anyone drafts him in the top 10 of this draft. Maybe somebody drafts him in the 1st round and maybe he goes on to a Hall of Fame career, but no one is going to spend a Top 10 pick on him
    Superman55
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Superman55 Tue 20 Jan 2015 - 13:16

Report: Chip Kelly already plotting to move up for Marcus Mariota

Posted by Michael David Smith on January 20, 2015, 12:50 PM EST
    mariotakelly
    AP
    Eagles coach Chip Kelly frequently gushes publicly about his former Oregon Marcus Mariota, and according to one report, Kelly is already plotting privately to acquire Mariota in the NFL draft.

The Eagles have the 20th overall pick in the draft, and Mariota isn’t expected to be available by that point, but NJ.com reports that the team is already committed to trying to move up in the draft to acquire Mariota.

“From No. 20, it’s certainly not going to be easy,” an unnamed source told NJ.com. “It’s probably going to take moving up twice to do it. There’s going to be some wheeling and dealing involved. Can it happen? I don’t know. But they’re going to try.”

It’s way too early to say anything for certain about the draft. It’s possible that the Buccaneers will decide to use the first overall pick on Mariota, and that any other team’s interest in him is moot. It’s also possible that Mariota’s stock will tumble, and he’ll still be available at No. 20. And it’s possible that Kelly actually isn’t as in love with Mariota as he says publicly, and that the Eagles won’t draft him even if he gets the chance.

So take this one with a grain of salt. But also file it away for the future. As the draft gets closer, if it looks like the Bucs will pass on Mariota and there’s a trade to be made for a team moving up to get him, the Eagles might be that team. And Mariota and Kelly might reunite in the NFL.
    Superman55
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Superman55 Tue 20 Jan 2015 - 13:17

Marcus Mariota - QB - Player
    A source tells NJ.com that the Eagles will "try" to move up in the NFL draft to select Oregon QB Marcus Mariota.
    NJ.com's source is "familiar with the Eagles' offseason plans." Of course, anyone can connect the dots from coach Chip Kelly to Mariota. Kelly recruited Mariota to Oregon, called him the most talented kid he ever coached in college and immobile Nick Foles was shaky before getting injured last season. Moving up from No. 20 in the draft to the top-two would be extremely costly (as the Redskins found out in the RG3 trade), but it's possible Mariota slips a bit as the draft process plays out.
    Sarge
    Sarge
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Sarge Tue 20 Jan 2015 - 13:21

I'll trade him the #6 pick for Jeremy Maclin, Jordan Matthews, and Lesean McCoy
    Pointdexter
    Navigator
    Navigator

Post by Pointdexter Tue 20 Jan 2015 - 13:23

Superman55 wrote:
    Pointdexter wrote:For me right now, the only players I would like to see at #6 are the two QB's or Dorial Green-Beckham.  We so badly need a QB to build around.  If that falls through give me the 6'6, 225 lb game-changer at WR.  I think it was a mistake passing on Benjamin last year considering how much a defense has to account for a guy like that.  Match-up nightmare one on one.  DGB brings that same element but is faster.....and all-around better than KB.

you dont like White and/or Parker?

Not at #6. Neither of those guys, or anyone for that matter, is in the same ballpark as DGB athletically. It's funny to me at how little pub he gets on this board, because that will all change after the combine. If the kid had kept his head down and stayed out of trouble he would be in the mix for #1 overall. Normally I don't advocate for rolling the dice on the character-risk guys, but the Jets so badly need to do SOMETHING to upgrade their talent and get fans excited again. It's been so long since we have had a superstar on the offensive side of the ball to rally behind.
    GratefulJet
    GratefulJet
    Honorary Group Captain

Post by GratefulJet Tue 20 Jan 2015 - 13:52

Sarge wrote:I'll trade him the #6 pick for Jeremy Maclin, Jordan Matthews, and Lesean McCoy

Maclin is a free agent. Make it Foles, the #20, and Matthews, and I'll sign up for that every day of the week and twice on Sunday (and MNF).
    Blindsidebrick
    Honorary Wing Commander
    Honorary Wing Commander

Post by Blindsidebrick Tue 20 Jan 2015 - 14:13

GratefulJet wrote:
    Sarge wrote:I'll trade him the #6 pick for Jeremy Maclin, Jordan Matthews, and Lesean McCoy

Maclin is a free agent. Make it Foles, the #20, and Matthews, and I'll sign up for that every day of the week and twice on Sunday (and MNF).

Based on where the Jets are in terms of need, I think if we swung a deal with the Eagles (#6 for #20 and a couple of pieces), that might be the best possible scenario. Especially if Foles was thrown in.

Think about that. We'd have a respectable starting QB, still have a first rounder, and be in much better position to contend. Of course, this is all dependent upon Mariota slipping to #6. No sure thing.
    Superman55
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Superman55 Tue 20 Jan 2015 - 14:41

Blindsidebrick wrote:
    GratefulJet wrote:

Based on where the Jets are in terms of need, I think if we swung a deal with the Eagles (#6 for #20 and a couple of pieces), that might be the best possible scenario. Especially if Foles was thrown in.

Think about that. We'd have a respectable starting QB, still have a first rounder, and be in much better position to contend. Of course, this is all dependent upon Mariota slipping to #6. No sure thing.

agreed. Eagles want a sure thing, #1
    NickSINYC
    NickSINYC
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

Post by NickSINYC Tue 20 Jan 2015 - 17:19

Superman55 wrote:
    Blindsidebrick wrote:
    GratefulJet wrote:

agreed.  Eagles want a sure thing, #1

Moving from 20 to 1 is a hard move. It may take 2 trades to get there. 6 is a nice spot to go up and get the 1 so I don't count us out.
    GratefulJet
    GratefulJet
    Honorary Group Captain

Post by GratefulJet Tue 20 Jan 2015 - 23:48

Yeah I think if the Eagles decide to do this, they will find a willing partner higher up in the draft than where we are at 6. The Skins at 5, Raiders at 4, or even the Jags at 3, none of whom will be taking a QB, are potential trade partners. The whole thing comes down to Tennessee (assuming of course that Tampa Bay doesn't take Mariota themselves).
    football51
    football51
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by football51 Fri 23 Jan 2015 - 16:29

Daniel Jeremiah's top 50.

http://www.nfl.com/top50
    cysporsche
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by cysporsche Sat 24 Jan 2015 - 11:39

GratefulJet wrote:Yeah I think if the Eagles decide to do this, they will find a willing partner higher up in the draft than where we are at 6. The Skins at 5, Raiders at 4, or even the Jags at 3, none of whom will be taking a QB, are potential trade partners. The whole thing comes down to Tennessee (assuming of course that Tampa Bay doesn't take Mariota themselves).

If Chip wants Mariota, he needs to trade with the Titans @ the #2 spot. The Bucs will not trade out of #1 and they want a franchise QB. They were leaning towards Mariota until the Bowl games, and now I think they might be leaning for Winston. Plus the Tampa fans want the local kid Winston, not an Oregon Duck ! The big question is, are the Titans happy with Mettenberger going forward ? They could fill a bunch of holes on their team with multiple top picks trading out of the #2 spot ? Who knows.

Go Jets...Cyborg
    Old#15
    Honorary Air Commander
    Honorary Air Commander

Post by Old#15 Sat 24 Jan 2015 - 16:50

Hearing and reading a lot about Quentin Rollins CB from Miami (OH). Played college hoops until senior year and displayed incredible ability at the corner position.
    football51
    football51
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by football51 Sat 24 Jan 2015 - 16:58

Old#15 wrote:Hearing and reading a lot about Quentin Rollins CB from Miami (OH).  Played college hoops until senior year and displayed incredible ability at the corner position.  

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/intriguing-options-cornerback-jets-nfl-draft-article-1.2089278
    Sarge
    Sarge
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Sarge Mon 26 Jan 2015 - 0:18

A player starting to get a lot of buzz is Miami OT Eric Flowers, some think he could be the 1st OL off the board.
    SackExchange
    SackExchange

Post by SackExchange Mon 26 Jan 2015 - 11:14

Sarge wrote:A player starting to get a lot of buzz is Miami OT Eric Flowers, some think he could be the 1st OL off the board.
    I know he's been moving up, but first OL off the board? Wow!
    HYATT™
    HYATT™
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by HYATT™ Mon 26 Jan 2015 - 17:55

SackExchange wrote:
    Sarge wrote:A player starting to get a lot of buzz is Miami OT Eric Flowers, some think he could be the 1st OL off the board.
    Flowers is liked a lot more as a potential RT than he is as a future LT, though many hold out hopes for him as a LT too.
    Better run blocker than pass blocker, and a beat slow to come off the ball at times - which HYATT™ believes is a function of his inability to control his weight and keep himself in the 320# range.
    I took a peek at him late in the season and 330# is like the nice way of saying she looks good - after a chubby chick with a pretty face loses some weight & a little bit of her muffin roll, even though she's still the same old chubby chick.
    Seaver
    Seaver
    Pilot
    Pilot

Post by Seaver Tue 27 Jan 2015 - 10:51

HYATT™️ wrote:
    SackExchange wrote:
    Flowers is liked a lot more as a potential RT than he is as a future LT, though many hold out hopes for him as a LT too.
    Better run blocker than pass blocker, and a beat slow to come off the ball at times - which HYATT™️ believes is a function of his inability to control his weight and keep himself in the 320# range.
    I took a peek at him late in the season and 330# is like the nice way of saying she looks good - after a chubby chick with a pretty face loses some weight & a little bit of her muffin roll, even though she's still the same old chubby chick.

so basically we will find out if our GM and/or HC are chubby chasers. tongue
    SackExchange
    SackExchange

Post by SackExchange Tue 27 Jan 2015 - 13:38

Seaver wrote:
    HYATT™️ wrote:
    SackExchange wrote:
    Better run blocker than pass blocker, and a beat slow to come off the ball at times - which HYATT™️ believes is a function of his inability to control his weight and keep himself in the 320# range.

so basically we will find out if our GM and/or HC are chubby chasers. tongue
    Well played.
    NYJETSDAN16
    NYJETSDAN16
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by NYJETSDAN16 Tue 27 Jan 2015 - 16:27

Garret Grayson. He moves around like Romo in order to add some time to get WR's open. He'd be a great addition to the QB competition this summer:

NYJETSDAN16
    NYJETSDAN16
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by NYJETSDAN16 Tue 27 Jan 2015 - 16:29

Another late pick option at QB.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue 19 Mar 2024 - 4:35