Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A New Community for Jets Fans

+14
NYJETSDAN16
The Wicker Man
Seaver
Blindsidebrick
jamesfyo123
SackExchange
football51
cysporsche
MachinaVerde
soj
Superman55
NCgreen12
NickSINYC
Sarge
18 posters

New Jets Coaches and Front Office Running Updates

Sarge
    Sarge
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

New Jets Coaches and Front Office Running Updates Empty New Jets Coaches and Front Office Running Updates

Post by Sarge Wed 14 Jan 2015 - 17:23

General Manager
    Mike Maccagnan
    http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2015/01/mike_maccagnan_10_things_to_know_about_the_jets_ne.html

Director of Player Personnel
    Brian Heimerdinger

Director of College Scouting
    Rex Hogan

Head Coach
    Todd Bowles
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Todd_Bowles

Special Teams Coordinator
    Bobby April

Offensive Coordinator
    Chan Gailey
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chan_Gailey

Quaterbacks
    Kevin Patullo
    http://www.titansonline.com/team/coaches/Patullo_Kevin/68488658-8cc6-46d8-b87f-b4782e4e8e70

Running Back
    Marcel Shipp
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marcel_Shipp

Wide Receivers
    Karl Dorrell
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karl_Dorrellv

Tight End - UNCONFIRMED
    Jimmie Johnson
    http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jimmie_Johnson_(American_football)

Offensive Line
    Steve Marshall
    http://www.packers.com/team/coaches/steve-marshall/642a5296-5cc4-4197-915c-0016f749b7ea

Offensive Quality Control
    Robby Brown

Defensive Coordinator
    Kacy Rodgers
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kacy_Rodgers

Defensive Line
    Pepper Johnson

Assistant Head Coach / Inside Linebackers
    Mike Caldwell
    http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_Caldwell_(American_football

Outside Linebackers
    Mark Collins

Defensive Backs
    Joe Danna
    http://www.atlantafalcons.com/team/coaches/Joe-Danna/26493287-97d2-403a-9924-2555fd1be77e

Last edited by Sarge on Tue 27 Jan 2015 - 15:37; edited 21 times in total
    NickSINYC
    NickSINYC
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

New Jets Coaches and Front Office Running Updates Empty Re: New Jets Coaches and Front Office Running Updates

Post by NickSINYC Wed 14 Jan 2015 - 23:38

Dennis Waszak Jr. @DWAZ73 · 14m 14 minutes ago
    AP source: Chan Gailey hired to be #Jets' offensive coordinator under Todd Bowles (from @AP) http://m.apnews.com/ap/db_268748/contentdetail.htm?contentguid=XVaHt9uq
    NCgreen12
    NCgreen12
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

New Jets Coaches and Front Office Running Updates Empty Re: New Jets Coaches and Front Office Running Updates

Post by NCgreen12 Thu 15 Jan 2015 - 9:41

Really not sure how I feel about Gailey. You hear and read he's very good at adapting his system towards the players he has (i.e., Cordell Stewart) but you got to wonder why he's been out of football for two years. Was it a self imposed break or just nobody was that enamored with him. Hopefully the hiatus has given him some insight into some new and creative things. Maybe the plan is play great defense and a conservative but mistake free offense. Not sure the defense is anywhere near that capability or Geno is up for that. This is another one of those "we'll see".
    GratefulJet
    GratefulJet
    Honorary Group Captain

Post by GratefulJet Thu 15 Jan 2015 - 10:39

Supposedly he didn't want a coordinator job, and wasn't in demand for head coaching jobs. I guess Casserly talked him into coming out of retirement. I think the qualities he has that they wanted were his ability to get the most out of a flawed QB and his inclination to scheme to the strengths of the offensive personnel in general. Add in his head coaching experience, which will be helpful for Bowles, and it's clear he brings a lot to the table that fits our current needs. If he can mentor our young new HC while at the same time get the offense moving, then it'll be a win. To me, he's the anti-Schotty, and that sounds pretty good right now.
    Superman55
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Superman55 Thu 15 Jan 2015 - 11:08

NCgreen12 wrote:Really not sure how I feel about Gailey. You hear and read he's very good at adapting his system towards the players he has (i.e., Cordell Stewart) but you got to wonder why he's been out of football for two years. Was it a self imposed break or just nobody was that enamored with him. Hopefully the hiatus has given him some insight into some new and creative things. Maybe the plan is play great defense and a conservative but mistake free offense. Not sure the defense is anywhere near that capability or Geno is up for that. This is another one of those "we'll see".  

Exactly how I feel. There was a time he was the hottest thing going as an OC, then he fell out of favor quickly. He wouldn't have made my top 10 list for sure, but I agree with Cowher when he says when it comes to a smart, scaled back offense, built around what you're capable of doing, he's your guy. When the Steelers and Bills are referenced as examples and I agree that those were a job well done. I liked how he built an offense around Jackson and Spiller with the Bills when that was pretty much all they had, and how he built the Steelers O with basically no QB. I guess I look at him as resourceful and I dont want to start off pessimistic when I realize there is also limited resources at the QB position.
    If we land Bradford, I'll have higher expectations.

cysporsche
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by cysporsche Thu 15 Jan 2015 - 11:48

Chan Gailey is my only concern in our new coaching ranks ? It was never clear why he was let go @ Georgia Tech ? And after reading post on the Flipper board, they crucified Gailey worse than we crucified Schotty. He's bounced around a lot which is always a concern to me as a headhunter, which is called a job hopper; however, my main concern is, if he's that great of a football genius, why has he been out of College & Pro football for two years ? Question

Go Jets...Cyborg
    Sarge
    Sarge
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Sarge Thu 15 Jan 2015 - 12:32

The Falcons denied the New York Jets permission to interview Armstrong, who was interviewed by the Falcons for the open head coaching position. Armstrong played in college with New York Jets coach Todd Bowles at Temple
    NickSINYC
    NickSINYC
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

Post by NickSINYC Thu 15 Jan 2015 - 13:04

GratefulJet wrote:Supposedly he didn't want a coordinator job, and wasn't in demand for head coaching jobs. I guess Casserly talked him into coming out of retirement. I think the qualities he has that they wanted were his ability to get the most out of a flawed QB and his inclination to scheme to the strengths of the offensive personnel in general. Add in his head coaching experience, which will be helpful for Bowles, and it's clear he brings a lot to the table that fits our current needs. If he can mentor our young new HC while at the same time get the offense moving, then it'll be a win. To me, he's the anti-Schotty, and that sounds pretty good right now.

I think that is how it all went down and I agree with the teams thinking. I really think he is a good fit at this time.
    soj
    Honorary Air Commander
    Honorary Air Commander

Post by soj Thu 15 Jan 2015 - 14:15

Superman55 wrote:
    NCgreen12 wrote:Really not sure how I feel about Gailey. You hear and read he's very good at adapting his system towards the players he has (i.e., Cordell Stewart) but you got to wonder why he's been out of football for two years. Was it a self imposed break or just nobody was that enamored with him. Hopefully the hiatus has given him some insight into some new and creative things. Maybe the plan is play great defense and a conservative but mistake free offense. Not sure the defense is anywhere near that capability or Geno is up for that. This is another one of those "we'll see".  

Exactly how I feel.  There was a time he was the hottest thing going as an OC, then he fell out of favor quickly.  He wouldn't have made my top 10 list for sure, but I agree with Cowher when he says when it comes to a smart, scaled back offense, built around what you're capable of doing, he's your guy.  When the Steelers and Bills are referenced as examples and I agree that those were a job well done.  I liked how he built an offense around Jackson and Spiller with the Bills when that was pretty much all they had, and how he built the Steelers O with basically no QB.  I guess I look at him as resourceful and I dont want to start off pessimistic when I realize there is also limited resources at the QB position.  
    If we land Bradford, I'll have higher expectations.

Agree... if he can get Geno to just be competent that wold be a major milestone...  cheers

lets hope he can  do it.  Keep the faith Cy and N16... give him a chance we are starting fresh lets put the bad taste of the last two years behind us and support our new coaches...
    NickSINYC
    NickSINYC
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

Post by NickSINYC Thu 15 Jan 2015 - 15:17

Alex Marvez @alexmarvez · 2m 2 minutes ago
    Source tells @NFLonFOX that @Atlanta_Falcons DBs coach Joe Fanna leaving to @nyjets. Danna & Todd Bowles worked together for @MiamiDolphins
    MachinaVerde
    MachinaVerde
    Admin
    Admin

Post by MachinaVerde Thu 15 Jan 2015 - 15:20

NickSINYC
    NickSINYC
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

Post by NickSINYC Thu 15 Jan 2015 - 15:22

MachinaVerde wrote:I looked him up, looks like its Joe Danna with a D

Good job I have been trying to find some info on him and was having no luck now I know why
    football51
    football51
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by football51 Thu 15 Jan 2015 - 16:22

NickSINYC wrote:
    GratefulJet wrote:Supposedly he didn't want a coordinator job, and wasn't in demand for head coaching jobs. I guess Casserly talked him into coming out of retirement. I think the qualities he has that they wanted were his ability to get the most out of a flawed QB and his inclination to scheme to the strengths of the offensive personnel in general. Add in his head coaching experience, which will be helpful for Bowles, and it's clear he brings a lot to the table that fits our current needs. If he can mentor our young new HC while at the same time get the offense moving, then it'll be a win. To me, he's the anti-Schotty, and that sounds pretty good right now.

I think that is how it all went down and I agree with the teams thinking. I really think he is a good fit at this time.

Also, didn't Gailey have some time left on his contract when he was fired as Bills HC in 2012? If so, he was getting paid, and could wait until something opened up that appealed to him.
    football51
    football51
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by football51 Thu 15 Jan 2015 - 18:58

Kimberley A. Martin retweeted
    Dave Hyde @davehydesports · 22h 22 hours ago
    Kacy Rodgers was best Dolphins position assistant for years. His players consistently developed. And now Jets have him.
    football51
    football51
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by football51 Fri 16 Jan 2015 - 16:42

Rich Cimini @RichCimini · 1m 1 minute ago
    And now the heads are starting to roll. The Jets announce they've parted ways with top scouts Terry Bradway + Jeff Bauer. #nyj
    football51
    football51
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by football51 Fri 16 Jan 2015 - 16:44

Rich Cimini @RichCimini · 14s 14 seconds ago
    Former Jaguars GM Gene Smith could be hired as the asst. GM, Mike Maccagnan's right-hand man. #nyj
    Sarge
    Sarge
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Sarge Fri 16 Jan 2015 - 16:46

football51 wrote:Rich Cimini @RichCimini  ·  1m 1 minute ago
    And now the heads are starting to roll. The Jets announce they've parted ways with top scouts Terry Bradway + Jeff Bauer. #nyj

Dammit...... Sad I told myself I wouldn't cry
    football51
    football51
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by football51 Fri 16 Jan 2015 - 16:47

Sarge wrote:
    football51 wrote:Rich Cimini @RichCimini  ·  1m 1 minute ago

Dammit...... Sad I told myself I wouldn't cry

lol!
    Sarge
    Sarge
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Sarge Fri 16 Jan 2015 - 16:51

I don't get the Gene Smith thing, but maybe like have a former head coach on the staff, having a former GM in the front office adds to the mix, assuming we will still keep Rod Graves as well
    football51
    football51
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by football51 Fri 16 Jan 2015 - 17:47

Joe Caporoso retweeted
    Adam Caplan @caplannfl · 7m 7 minutes ago
    #Jets want to interview former #Raiders QB coach John DeFilippo for their QB job, per league source.
    football51
    football51
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by football51 Fri 16 Jan 2015 - 17:50

Adam Caplan @caplannfl · 10m 10 minutes ago
    However, he's currently interviewing for the #Browns OC job. DeFilippo was the #Jets QB coach in 2009.

Adam Caplan @caplannfl · 5m 5 minutes ago
    Despite speculation to the contrary, Kacy Rodgers will be the #Jets defensive coordinator.
    NickSINYC
    NickSINYC
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

Post by NickSINYC Fri 16 Jan 2015 - 17:58

football51 wrote:Adam Caplan @caplannfl  ·  10m 10 minutes ago
    However, he's currently interviewing for the #Browns OC job. DeFilippo was the #Jets QB coach in 2009.

I don't remember him being on the staff but if Rex got rid of him after 1 year he must be a good QB coach
    football51
    football51
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by football51 Fri 16 Jan 2015 - 18:20

NickSINYC wrote:
    football51 wrote:Adam Caplan @caplannfl  ·  10m 10 minutes ago

I don't remember him being on the staff but if Rex got rid of him after 1 year he must be a good QB coach

He was getting in Cavanaugh's way Cool .
    football51
    football51
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by football51 Fri 16 Jan 2015 - 18:41

Adam Caplan @caplannfl · 40m 40 minutes ago
    They want him back, but he has many options, RT @Fitness_Mech15: @caplannfl any chance coach john deflip comes back to oak?
    GratefulJet
    GratefulJet
    Honorary Group Captain

Post by GratefulJet Fri 16 Jan 2015 - 19:03

Kent Somers          @kentsomers
    #azcardinals released LB coach Mike Caldwell from contract to be Jets asst head coach, per source

Mike Caldwell expected to join Jets as DC

I thought Kacy (and the Sunshine Gang) Rodgers was going to be the DC? This is so confusing. Did they fire Kacy already?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 26 Apr 2024 - 7:39