Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A New Community for Jets Fans

+25
NCgreen12
AFA2017
hobson54
GratefulJet
Superman55
HYATT™
danfran
JohnnyBaseball
McJet
soj
football51
LIJETFAN
WilliesDad
DonMaynard
cysporsche
Metjetgal
Old#15
Sarge
jetkwondo
skop
NickSINYC
Seaver
NYJETSDAN16
The Wicker Man
SackExchange
29 posters

Idzik's state of the team

football51
    football51
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Idzik's state of the team - Page 25 Empty Re: Idzik's state of the team

Post by football51 Tue 16 Dec 2014 - 14:53

The contracts for scouts run through the draft. Even if we would fire Bradway/Bauer prior to the draft, they couldn't be replaced until post draft. That's when you see movement with scouts. Assuming the new gm has a strong personnel background, he doesn't need to listen to Bradway anyway.
    football51
    football51
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by football51 Tue 16 Dec 2014 - 15:06

So, after all this time, gm candidates who interviewed with the Jets in 2013 say that Woody Johnson never ordered Revis to be traded. it was all Idzik's choice. Somebody alert JetRepulsion that he has one less thing to bash Johnson about Very Happy . Seriously though, it looks like the Revis camp wants another bidder for Revis this offseason with all the cap space the Jets will have. Like a good soldier, Manish is still delivering their message.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/mehta-idzik-worts-move-letting-revis-patriots-article-1.2046555
    SackExchange
    SackExchange

Post by SackExchange Tue 16 Dec 2014 - 15:08

football51 wrote:So, after all this time, gm candidates who interviewed with the Jets in 2013 say that Woody Johnson never ordered Revis to be traded. it was all Idzik's choice. Somebody alert JetRepulsion that he has one less thing to bash Johnson about Very Happy . Seriously though, it looks like the Revis camp wants another bidder for Revis this offseason with all the cap space the Jets will have. Like a good soldier, Manish is still delivering their message.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/mehta-idzik-worts-move-letting-revis-patriots-article-1.2046555
    I don't put a lot of credence into a column Mehta wrote about Idzik. His obsession with tearing down Idzik is a little scary, to be honest.
    Seaver
    Seaver
    Pilot
    Pilot

Post by Seaver Tue 16 Dec 2014 - 15:12

football51 wrote:So, after all this time, gm candidates who interviewed with the Jets in 2013 say that Woody Johnson never ordered Revis to be traded. it was all Idzik's choice. Somebody alert JetRepulsion that he has one less thing to bash Johnson about Very Happy . Seriously though, it looks like the Revis camp wants another bidder for Revis this offseason with all the cap space the Jets will have. Like a good soldier, Manish is still delivering their message.

oh...so I guess Idzik really had it in for Rex............lol......spin, spin, spin...
    football51
    football51
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by football51 Tue 16 Dec 2014 - 15:19

SackExchange wrote:

I don't put a lot of credence into a column Mehta wrote about Idzik. His obsession with tearing down Idzik is a little scary, to be honest.

Joe Caporoso @TurnOnTheJets · 3h 3 hours ago
    So if you are ever going to argue me on something and cite NYDN as a source on anything around the #Jets...please get a clue
    football51
    football51
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by football51 Tue 16 Dec 2014 - 15:25

football51
    football51
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by football51 Tue 16 Dec 2014 - 15:31

Joe Caporoso @TurnOnTheJets · 5h 5 hours ago
    Interesting that many NYJ fans who are pro-tank also want GM fired. What's funny is that if NYJ overpaid for DRC/Thurmond like etc. like NYG

did, same people aren't protesting GM but team is still under .500 with worse draft pick. I don't even know if NYJ would be NYGs 5-9 with..

those signings because they don't get luxury of playing WAS twice, which is only reason NYG has slightly better record now
    football51
    football51
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by football51 Tue 16 Dec 2014 - 16:11

NickSINYC
    NickSINYC
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

Post by NickSINYC Tue 16 Dec 2014 - 16:42

I just wish the season was over and the GM/HC issue was resolved one way or the other. I can't get into next years draft and FA planning until I know what our direction is and what type of systems we will be running.
    cysporsche
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by cysporsche Tue 16 Dec 2014 - 16:49

NickSINYC wrote:I just wish the season was over and the GM/HC issue was resolved one way or the other. I can't get into next years draft and FA planning until I know what our direction is and what type of systems we will be running.

Nick, R E L A X, relax Dude, this time next year we will be fighting for a play-off spot. Play-off, did I just say play-off like Jim Mora.

I might be a Jet homer, but I still think with our current roster, a healthy Milliner & McDougle, a killer draft, a new HC, & a killer draft, we will be scary competitive next season. santa

Go Jets...Cyborg
    NickSINYC
    NickSINYC
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

Post by NickSINYC Tue 16 Dec 2014 - 16:58

cysporsche wrote:
    NickSINYC wrote:I just wish the season was over and the GM/HC issue was resolved one way or the other. I can't get into next years draft and FA planning until I know what our direction is and what type of systems we will be running.

Nick, R E L A X, relax Dude, this time next year we will be fighting for a play-off spot. Play-off, did I just say play-off like Jim Mora.

I might be a Jet homer, but I still think with our current roster, a healthy Milliner & McDougle, a killer draft, a new HC, & a killer draft, we will be scary competitive next season. santa

Go Jets...Cyborg

I also think we have a lot of young talent that has been mishandled by Rex and think we can have a nice turnaround next season.

I just want things resolved so I can make informed judgments for the future. IE will we be a 3-4 or a 4-3 D. Will we be a WC O or something else. Does our GM believe strongly in the draft or leans more to FA and vet talent. All this helps when thinking about how we move forward.
    The Wicker Man
    The Wicker Man
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

Post by The Wicker Man Tue 16 Dec 2014 - 16:59

cysporsche wrote:

Go Jets...Cyborg
    Hey Cy, why are you so high on Milliner and McDougle? I have very little faith in both.
    Seaver
    Seaver
    Pilot
    Pilot

Post by Seaver Tue 16 Dec 2014 - 17:22

gotta dip into Free Agency for the secondary............not much that we have I want to see come back. Might need 4 new starters.........depending upon who is the coach and what defense we run.
    Superman55
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Superman55 Tue 16 Dec 2014 - 18:18

Seaver wrote:gotta dip into Free Agency for the secondary............not much that we have I want to see come back.  Might need 4 new starters.........depending upon who is the coach and what defense we run.

Hopefully we can land another Dimitri Patterson...
    football51
    football51
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by football51 Tue 16 Dec 2014 - 18:31

cysporsche
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by cysporsche Tue 16 Dec 2014 - 22:33

The Wicker Man wrote:
    cysporsche wrote:

Go Jets...Cyborg
    Hey Cy, why are you so high on Milliner and McDougle? I have very little faith in both.

I've followed Miliner through Alabama to the Jets, and when healthy he does everything right for a star CB. He will be All-Pro soon, trust me. Even Saban who loves CB's thinks he one of the best he's ever coached. Honestly, I hated the McDougle pick with Moncrief WR still sitting there; however, he was the most promising rookie before he got hurt.

When the smoke clears the 2014 Jet draft might not be as bad as some people think. I do think it was mistake to make 12 picks, that we could of bundled a few of the picks together and moved up. I told Jetman55 that most of our draft is going to be cut or scooped off our practice squad.

Go Jets...Cyborg
    GratefulJet
    GratefulJet
    Honorary Group Captain

Post by GratefulJet Tue 16 Dec 2014 - 22:37

My takeaway from that article is something I've remarked on before--a very obvious lack of public support by Woody for Idzik. He has literally left JI to twist in the wind. That is not a good sign for John, given Woody's history of being sensitive to Jets fans and their, um, passions.
    Seaver
    Seaver
    Pilot
    Pilot

Post by Seaver Wed 17 Dec 2014 - 10:30

GratefulJet wrote:

My takeaway from that article is something I've remarked on before--a very obvious lack of public support by Woody for Idzik. He has literally left JI to twist in the wind. That is not a good sign for John, given Woody's history of being sensitive to Jets fans and their, um, passions.

conversely he cannot give him support if he is thinking of firing him......he's in a no comment place right now.
    GratefulJet
    GratefulJet
    Honorary Group Captain

Post by GratefulJet Wed 17 Dec 2014 - 10:36

Oh his silence speaks volumes, Seaver. I'm convinced it indicates Idzik has exhausted Woody's support.
    Superman55
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Superman55 Wed 17 Dec 2014 - 11:07

Woody is a fan of a fan who wants Idzik gone....hmmmmm....

It may have been “inadvertent,” but it’s still an ominous sign for John Idzik.
    Jets owner Woody Johnson favorited a tweet from a fan urging him to fire the general manager, a possibility that has been widely speculated on during the Jets’ 3-11 debacle of a season.
    Woody Johnson favorited a tweet calling for John Idzik to be fired. pic.twitter.com/HTKQJD1o4o
    — Bart Hubbuch (@BartHubbuch) December 17, 2014
    Johnson would go on to apologize after the story began to gain traction, saying it was an accident.
    Have to be more careful when scrolling through my Twitter feed. The tweet I most recently favorited was inadvertent.
    — Woody Johnson (@woodyjohnson4) December 17, 2014
    Johnson will decide the fate of Idzik and coach Rex Ryan after the season ends in two weeks.

http://nypost.com/2014/12/17/woody-johnson-scrambles-after-fire-idzik-fail/
    LIJETFAN
    Honorary Air Commander
    Honorary Air Commander

Post by LIJETFAN Wed 17 Dec 2014 - 11:39

I thought the 50-50 article was interesting, but in parts laughable. On the one hand, blame Idzik for this season, but give him credit for last season? They went 8-8, that's the definition of mediocre.

We need a GM with experience and a deep personnel background. Someone that knows how to build a championship roster and coaching staff.
    Superman55
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Superman55 Wed 17 Dec 2014 - 11:41

LIJETFAN wrote:I thought the 50-50 article was interesting, but in parts laughable.  On the one hand, blame Idzik for this season, but give him credit for last season?  They went 8-8, that's the definition of mediocre.  

We need a GM with experience and a deep personnel background.  Someone that knows how to build a championship roster and coaching staff.  

So, give him credit for going 8-8 with Mike T's player but not for going 3-13 with 60% roster filled with Idzik players...right, makes sense?

soj
    Honorary Air Commander
    Honorary Air Commander

Post by soj Wed 17 Dec 2014 - 14:07

While this is form the rumor mill it does suggest Mr. I may be in more trouble then most of us are willing to admit...

http://www.hngn.com/articles/52083/20141208/nfl-rumors-new-york-jets-to-fire-hc-rex-ryan-and-gm-john-idzik.htm

"While speculation persists about Rex Ryan's future in New York, the man on the warmest seat in the Jets organization just might be general manager John Idzik," ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter said yesterday on "Sunday NFL Countdown."

"According to multiple sources within the organization, Idzik has alienated not just Jets fans but those in the organization around him in the front office and on the coaching staff. Those in the organization said Idzik hasn't played the game of politics well - neither internally nor externally - and it has cost him support in various areas.

"Jets management is aware of the unhappiness being expressed about Idzik and that is expected to be of consideration when Jets owner Woody Johnson decided just how major the changes to the organization he makes will be."

Read more: http://www.hngn.com/articles/52083/20141208/nfl-rumors-new-york-jets-to-fire-hc-rex-ryan-and-gm-john-idzik.htm#ixzz3M5Uv0XZK
    Blindsidebrick
    Honorary Wing Commander
    Honorary Wing Commander

Post by Blindsidebrick Wed 17 Dec 2014 - 16:06

New head coach, new starting QB, and possibly new GM?

If that's the case, don't expect a winning season for at least 3 years.
    Sarge
    Sarge
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Sarge Wed 17 Dec 2014 - 16:36

I am going on record to say we won't have either a new GM or new QB next year. Have I been wrong before? Of course, but that's my prediction

Prediction is based in part on the hunch we won't get Winston or Mariota and that Darrell Bevell or Pep Hamilton is the next coach. If it's Kubiak or a defensive coach, I can see them looking for a journeyman interim style QB

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed 8 May 2024 - 17:04