Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A New Community for Jets Fans

+25
NCgreen12
AFA2017
hobson54
GratefulJet
Superman55
HYATT™
danfran
JohnnyBaseball
McJet
soj
football51
LIJETFAN
WilliesDad
DonMaynard
cysporsche
Metjetgal
Old#15
Sarge
jetkwondo
skop
NickSINYC
Seaver
NYJETSDAN16
The Wicker Man
SackExchange
29 posters

Idzik's state of the team

Seaver
    Seaver
    Pilot
    Pilot

Idzik's state of the team - Page 24 Empty Re: Idzik's state of the team

Post by Seaver Fri 12 Dec 2014 - 16:11

This thought just scared me.......Bradway survives because Idzik is sacrificed
    football51
    football51
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by football51 Fri 12 Dec 2014 - 16:17

Seaver wrote:This thought just scared me.......Bradway survives because Idzik is sacrificed

Bang Head ............No, I do think everyone will be fired. Now, we might have to wait until after the draft for Bradway and his guys to go, but I'm sure they'll be gone.
    Seaver
    Seaver
    Pilot
    Pilot

Post by Seaver Fri 12 Dec 2014 - 17:56

football51 wrote:
    Seaver wrote:This thought just scared me.......Bradway survives because Idzik is sacrificed

Bang Head ............No, I do think everyone will be fired. Now, we might have to wait until after the draft for Bradway and his guys to go, but I'm sure they'll be gone.

..from your fingers to the ears of the football gods...
    NickSINYC
    NickSINYC
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

Post by NickSINYC Fri 12 Dec 2014 - 19:19

football51 wrote:

Firing Bradway is the right thing to do but Woody is clueless so who knows what is going through his mind.
    NickSINYC
    NickSINYC
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

Post by NickSINYC Fri 12 Dec 2014 - 19:26

I hope Woody is taking this time to target a few top HC and GM candidates if that is the way he goes. I just don't want to see him wait until after the season ends to form a new search committee and start losing out on top candidates who get scooped up early elsewhere.
    football51
    football51
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by football51 Fri 12 Dec 2014 - 19:38

NickSINYC wrote:I hope Woody is taking this time to target a few top HC and GM candidates if that is the way he goes. I just don't want to see him wait until after the season ends to form a new search committee and start losing out on top candidates who get scooped up early elsewhere.

Nick, who do you like of the gm's listed in that thread I started?
    NickSINYC
    NickSINYC
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

Post by NickSINYC Fri 12 Dec 2014 - 19:55

football51 wrote:
    NickSINYC wrote:I hope Woody is taking this time to target a few top HC and GM candidates if that is the way he goes. I just don't want to see him wait until after the season ends to form a new search committee and start losing out on top candidates who get scooped up early elsewhere.

I think picking a 1st time GM is like playing the lottery. All you can do is pick someone from a long time top team with a solid mentor and hope for the best.

As far as retreads go I would lean towards Tom Heckert or Scott Pioli not that either thrill me.

As a fan it is much easier to make an evaluation on a HC than a GM IMO
    football51
    football51
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by football51 Fri 12 Dec 2014 - 20:25

NickSINYC wrote:
    football51 wrote:

I think picking a 1st time GM is like playing the lottery. All you can do is pick someone from a long time top team with a solid mentor and hope for the best.

As far as retreads go I would lean towards Tom Heckert or Scott Pioli not that either thrill me.

As a fan it is much easier to make an evaluation on a HC than a GM IMO

That's true. I'm thinking that if we somehow landed Harbaugh, he would pick one of the former 49er personnel guys to be his gm. If Harbaugh is not a possibility, I remember that the first person Woody wanted to interview last year was DeCosta. DeCosta refused all teams last year, but I'd imagine he's getting tired of waiting on Newsome. Now, he'd get total control including hiring his own coach. It should be interesting to see how it goes.
    NickSINYC
    NickSINYC
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

Post by NickSINYC Fri 12 Dec 2014 - 20:31

football51 wrote:

That's true. I'm thinking that if we somehow landed Harbaugh, he would pick one of the former 49er personnel guys to be his gm. If Harbaugh is not a possibility, I remember that the first person Woody wanted to interview last year was DeCosta. DeCosta refused all teams last year, but I'd imagine he's getting tired of waiting on Newsome. Now, he'd get total control including hiring his own coach. It should be interesting to see how it goes.

I am all for Harbaugh and whoever I just hope the price is not too high. I wish he could shake himself loose without compensation.
    cysporsche
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by cysporsche Sat 13 Dec 2014 - 12:19

Woody is not going to fire Idzik, Rex & his whole coaching staff, & Bradway & the scouting department @ one time. That would be too much for Woody to handle @ one time. Here's what I think is going down:
    1) Rex will remain our HC to the end of the season. Idzik will fire Rex on Black Monday.
    2) Idzik will remain our GM to carry out his plan hire the new HC & staff.
    3) After the draft, Bradway & his staff will be gone.
    4) Woody will put Idzik on his short list, with one year to kill the draft & improve the team or.....

Go Jets...Cyborg
    Blindsidebrick
    Honorary Wing Commander
    Honorary Wing Commander

Post by Blindsidebrick Sat 13 Dec 2014 - 15:49

cysporsche wrote:Woody is not going to fire Idzik, Rex & his whole coaching staff, & Bradway & the scouting department @ one time. That would be too much for Woody to handle @ one time. Here's what I think is going down:
    1) Rex will remain our HC to the end of the season. Idzik will fire Rex on Black Monday.
    4) Woody will put Idzik on his short list, with one year to kill the draft & improve the team or.....

Go Jets...Cyborg

This is what I see happening, too. And I hope this is the plan. But you never know about Idzik. Woody could be so disgusted with this embarrassment of a season that he resorts to drastic measures. I don't think Idzik deserves to be fired yet, but nothing will surprise me at this point.
    SackExchange
    SackExchange

Post by SackExchange Sun 14 Dec 2014 - 12:11

I think that this season has become so ugly that Idzik is done.

I hate even bringing this up, because it sounds so crazy, but I half-wonder if Idzik's plan backfired on him. I think Idzik wanted to bring in his own HC. The only way he could was for Rex to struggle. So he didn't do enough to address the CB situation, knowing it would be a hole. This way, if the team went 6-10, he could give Rex the ax(e). But he did not calculate just how bad it would become.

To be clear, this is just speculation. But if he did tank the season to give him cover for replacing Rex, then he deserves to go. You don't do that.

As is, it is so bad, he probably deserves to go anyway.
    Seaver
    Seaver
    Pilot
    Pilot

Post by Seaver Mon 15 Dec 2014 - 14:23

cysporsche wrote:Woody is not going to fire Idzik, Rex & his whole coaching staff, & Bradway & the scouting department @ one time. That would be too much for Woody to handle @ one time. Here's what I think is going down:

Go Jets...Cyborg

how the hell do you allow that group to fubar another draft?

LIJETFAN
    Honorary Air Commander
    Honorary Air Commander

Post by LIJETFAN Mon 15 Dec 2014 - 14:56

Idzik does not deserve to keep his job. Bradway does not deserve to keep his job. Rex does not deserve to keep his job. Forgot what Woody can handle, he runs a billion dollar company in the Jets. He'd better be able to handle firing people that are not doing the job.

If Idzik stays, the fan outrage would be unrelenting. The media would be all over the Jets and we could continue to be a laughingstock. That perception needs to change and the only way it changes is by cleaning house and starting over. That will tell the fans, the media and the NFL that the Jets mean business and they will not accept mediocrity or losing any longer.
    SackExchange
    SackExchange

Post by SackExchange Mon 15 Dec 2014 - 15:05

LIJETFAN wrote:Idzik does not deserve to keep his job.  Bradway does not deserve to keep his job.  Rex does not deserve to keep his job.  Forgot what Woody can handle, he runs a billion dollar company in the Jets.  He'd better be able to handle firing people that are not doing the job.  

If Idzik stays, the fan outrage would be unrelenting.  The media would be all over the Jets and we could continue to be a laughingstock.  That perception needs to change and the only way it changes is by cleaning house and starting over.  That will tell the fans, the media and the NFL that the Jets mean business and they will not accept mediocrity or losing any longer.  
    I agree with this. I had been in favor of patience, but right now, this has been such a disaster that if Idzik goes, I won't be upset about it.

But will his replacement actually have the opportunity to build a foundation for sustained success, or will they have the same short leash Idzik had?
    Old#15
    Honorary Air Commander
    Honorary Air Commander

Post by Old#15 Mon 15 Dec 2014 - 15:08

LIJETFAN wrote:Idzik does not deserve to keep his job.  Bradway does not deserve to keep his job.  Rex does not deserve to keep his job.  Forgot what Woody can handle, he runs a billion dollar company in the Jets.  He'd better be able to handle firing people that are not doing the job.  

If Idzik stays, the fan outrage would be unrelenting.  The media would be all over the Jets and we could continue to be a laughingstock.  That perception needs to change and the only way it changes is by cleaning house and starting over.  That will tell the fans, the media and the NFL that the Jets mean business and they will not accept mediocrity or losing any longer.  

I'm not sure this would ever happen, but Woody could admit that it was a huge mistake in having Idzik have to work with a coach with a conflicting agenda. He could go on to say that Idzik was directed to trade Revis and he did for a good price (Richardson). He was directed to clean up the cap mess, and he did with the directive by me (Woody) not to go down that path again. Woody could give Idzik some time with the fans and media by owning up to the dysfunctionality of the management team. He probably won't though and if he doesn't then there will be a media storm because that's what the media does. To me you look just as bad not following through on a plan.
    soj
    Honorary Air Commander
    Honorary Air Commander

Post by soj Mon 15 Dec 2014 - 15:49

SackExchange wrote:I think that this season has become so ugly that Idzik is done.

I hate even bringing this up, because it sounds so crazy, but I half-wonder if Idzik's plan backfired on him. I think Idzik wanted to bring in his own HC. The only way he could was for Rex to struggle. So he didn't do enough to address the CB situation, knowing it would be a hole. This way, if the team went 6-10, he could give Rex the ax(e). But he did not calculate just how bad it would become.

To be clear, this is just speculation. But if he did tank the season to give him cover for replacing Rex, then he deserves to go. You don't do that.

As is, it is so bad, he probably deserves to go anyway.

Agree if its true he should go right after Rex...
    Seaver
    Seaver
    Pilot
    Pilot

Post by Seaver Mon 15 Dec 2014 - 16:13

so Woody will fall back on team president Neil Glatt to correct course..........oh boy.

as for the new regime.......they will get little time if they do as horrific a job as Idzik has done. I don't necessarily want to scrap the plant o rebuild - we just need a better job of it done.
    Superman55
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Superman55 Mon 15 Dec 2014 - 16:34

Jets need a clean slate, period.

I want a new GM and coach with no allegiances to anyone on the roster.

I don't want to go through another training camp with a Idzik puppet saying Milliner looks awesome and Westhoff saying he isn't an NFL starting caliber CB.

I only want McDougle and Evans on the roster if they make it, not because they're an Idzik pick. I only want Geno starting if Geno should be starting, same for Pryor and Amaro.

I think you need a clean slate with fresh eyes and new direction.

It doesn't matter who you blame this year on, there's plenty blame to go around.

As for how long the leash gets for the next guy, if he had 12 draft picks and over $50 mill in cap space to spend and uses those resources to make the team 5 wins worse, he'll have a short leash too.
    Old#15
    Honorary Air Commander
    Honorary Air Commander

Post by Old#15 Mon 15 Dec 2014 - 16:42

Superman55 wrote:Jets need a clean slate, period.

I want a new GM and coach with no allegiances to anyone on the roster.

I don't want to go through another training camp with a Idzik puppet saying Milliner looks awesome and Westhoff saying he isn't an NFL starting caliber CB.

I only want McDougle and Evans on the roster if they make it, not because they're an Idzik pick.  I only want Geno starting if Geno should be starting, same for Pryor and Amaro.

I think you need a clean slate with fresh eyes and new direction.

It doesn't matter who you blame this year on, there's plenty blame to go around.

As for how long the leash gets for the next guy, if he had 12 draft picks and over $50 mill in cap space to spend and uses those resources to make the team 5 wins worse, he'll have a short leash too.

Might be the right thing, but it has to be complete. No Bradway/Rex-like holdovers, because you will never be able to identify who to blame as is the case with the current situation. That's precisely why I'm having such a difficult time laying the blame for the acquisition of poor talent at Idzik's feet.
    cysporsche
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by cysporsche Mon 15 Dec 2014 - 17:48

Seaver wrote:

Go Jets...Cyborg

how the hell do you allow that group to fubar another draft?  

With College football season done, except bowl games, the current scouting department has already scouted each player with each team. Too much knowledge to fire them now.

Go Jets...Cyborg
    Sarge
    Sarge
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Sarge Mon 15 Dec 2014 - 17:54

All that data is entered into a database, plus the Jets belong to a combined scouting organization. It would be very easy to fire any scouts or directors between nw and the Senior Biwl
    Old#15
    Honorary Air Commander
    Honorary Air Commander

Post by Old#15 Mon 15 Dec 2014 - 18:01

Sounds like a Groudhog Day scenario Cy. So let's say a new GM is hired before the draft, and he is stuck with Bradway and the rest of his cronies for player evaluations. Does the first year performances become part of his legacy or Idzik's or Bradway's or ??? What if several of the players from the last two drafts and UDFA signings become solid if not outstanding starters for a new coach like Harbaugh? Will the geniuses in the media and fanbase give Idzik credit, or will they bestow that on the new GM? My guess is that all of the stupidity that is in print will be forgotten, and will hail the new coach for his ability to mold sh%$t into steak.
    Old#15
    Honorary Air Commander
    Honorary Air Commander

Post by Old#15 Mon 15 Dec 2014 - 18:03

Sarge wrote:All that data is entered into a database, plus the Jets belong to a combined scouting organization. It would be very easy to fire any scouts or directors between nw and the Senior Biwl

Sounds pretty simple Sarge, maybe a scouting staff isn't needed at all. Smile
    Old#15
    Honorary Air Commander
    Honorary Air Commander

Post by Old#15 Mon 15 Dec 2014 - 18:09

Not a bad 6th round pick by the bean counter.

https://pbs.twimg.com/tweet_video/B47KntnCMAAxjNq.mp4

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun 19 May 2024 - 18:40