Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A New Community for Jets Fans

+25
NCgreen12
AFA2017
hobson54
GratefulJet
Superman55
HYATT™
danfran
JohnnyBaseball
McJet
soj
football51
LIJETFAN
WilliesDad
DonMaynard
cysporsche
Metjetgal
Old#15
Sarge
jetkwondo
skop
NickSINYC
Seaver
NYJETSDAN16
The Wicker Man
SackExchange
29 posters

Idzik's state of the team

Blindsidebrick
    Honorary Wing Commander
    Honorary Wing Commander

Idzik's state of the team - Page 13 Empty Re: Idzik's state of the team

Post by Blindsidebrick Mon 10 Nov 2014 - 22:22

SackExchange wrote:
    LIJETFAN wrote:Guys, sorry to be anti-Idzik advocate here but, the idea that somehow magically Milliner, McDougle, Evans, Pryor and so on are going to suddenly turn into star players is well unrealistic.  Milliner and Pryor were first round picks and expected to contribute immediately.  They have done nothing.  McDougle has a history of injuries and who knows if he even make the roster next year after that severe of a knee injury.  He may never be the same.  

Milliner has been extremely underwhelming and thus far looks like a complete bust of a top ten pick.  The WRs  - the Jets could have drafted 10 other WRs, all of whom are making impacts in the league this year and starting on far better teams.  While I admire your patience, I believe it is unwarranted in this case.  I would be surprised if either player makes the roster next season if we had a new GM and new coach.  

Finally, as far as Harvin is concerned - Harvin is a dynamic player.  Great talent.  But there is no guarantee he will be on the roster next year because of his contract.  And more to the point, a new coaching staff may not want him.  He has been a notorious headache for teams over time.  I hope he turns that around here because he is a very good player, but again let's not go crazy over this.  Getting Harvin was a good, low risk move.  But for this season, it was too little, too late.  

The bottom line is Idzik has a very mixed track record in free agency, and a very underwhelming draft record to date.  And that is being generous.  That's just not good enough and not acceptable.  
    I disagree entirely about Milliner. He has shown at the very least that at the end of last year, he was a legitimate starting CB, a borderline #1. Saying Milliner has done nothing is just flat-out wrong. Pryor, well, we won't know until someone actually plays him at strong safety. Rex has mishandled him.

McDougle, I just don't know how people can blame Idzik for his blown knee. Yes, he'd had prior injuries, but none of them were knees. You can't predict a knee injury like that.

You can't blame Idzik for anticipating a season ending knee injury to McDougle, but that won't stop some people from blaming him anyway.

There's an agenda at work here for some fans. And the agenda is this: find all the problems and connect them to Idzik. So we can fire him and get rid of the bogeyman.

And then we'll hire some other unfortunate soul who'll get a whopping 25 minutes to prove himself to Jets fans. And maybe he'll get that wiggle room with Manish Mehta, too. Before the inevitable crucifixion.

You just have to laugh, at this point.
    HYATT™
    HYATT™
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by HYATT™ Tue 11 Nov 2014 - 6:01

Blindsidebrick wrote:McDougle, I just don't know how people can blame Idzik for his blown knee. Yes, he'd had prior injuries, but none of them were knees. You can't predict a knee injury like that.

You can't blame Idzik for anticipating a season ending knee injury to McDougle, but that won't stop some people from blaming him anyway.

There's an agenda at work here for some fans. And the agenda is this: find all the problems and connect them to Idzik. So we can fire him and get rid of the bogeyman.

And then we'll hire some other unfortunate soul who'll get a whopping 25 minutes to prove himself to Jets fans. And maybe he'll get that wiggle room with Manish Mehta, too. Before the inevitable crucifixion.

You just have to laugh, at this point.
    Actually, ASIDE from the injury history, picking a midget CB in this league these days is rank stoopidity and as such, Idzik has to own that farcical selection.
    GratefulJet
    GratefulJet
    Honorary Group Captain

Post by GratefulJet Tue 11 Nov 2014 - 6:46

5'10" is just north of midget, and more rightfully labeled "short". 5'9" is midget. Aaron Glenn, Ray Mickens, Ellis Lankster..now those guys are midgets. The league is still full of 5'10" CBs that can get the job done: Brandon Flowers, Brent Grimes, Chris Harris, Leodis McKelvin, just to name a few. McDougle has the tools to be a very good starting CB, but he may have been a bit of a reach.

All that said, I agree that we should be trying to find CBs with some length, however. More and more, defending passes is a task that occurs 9-10' off the ground. The shorter guys just can't get there.
    Seaver
    Seaver
    Pilot
    Pilot

Post by Seaver Tue 11 Nov 2014 - 10:16

NickSINYC wrote:
    Superman55 wrote:
    People can make excuses for Idzik if they want, but just like I'm sure Idzik wishes things worked out better for Milliner, Geno, Winters, and McDougle...I'm sure Mike wished better things came from Sanchez, Wilson, Hill, and Gholston.  In the end, they both seem to be very mediocre at picking...but the scouting department under Bradway remains bulletproof...and all reports are they will be leading next year's draft.
    My problem with the comparison is you are comparing players with 4 to 6 years experience with players with less than 2 some less than 1. IMO there has not been enough time past to fairly evaluate Idzik drafts. I am not saying they will pan out they may not. I'm just say more time is needed.

not every position takes 3 years to grade........traditionally that 3 year span has been associated with the position of DL. QB is a world by itself. Beyond that, players can step in and produce. Idzik didn't grab many players ready to contribute...especially when you see the number of WRs producing that he could have selected. Injury saved Shaq Evans from being cut - he was horrible in camp. Saunders gone. Who's the other, Enuwa? Puh-lease. that's called failure. I don't need 3 years to tell that guys like Benjamin, Matthews, Bryant, Cooks, etc were better choices.

Whether it be Idzik or Tannenbaum...the same common foe they face(d) is Woody. He has an organization that saddles the GM with clowns in scouting. The Jets need a strong enough GM that can flush the garbage and start fresh. Until that happens, expect mediocre results from a puppet like Idzik.
    LIJETFAN
    Honorary Air Commander
    Honorary Air Commander

Post by LIJETFAN Tue 11 Nov 2014 - 10:21

LIJETFAN wrote:
    SackExchange wrote:
    LIJETFAN wrote:Guys, sorry to be anti-Idzik advocate here but, the idea that somehow magically Milliner, McDougle, Evans, Pryor and so on are going to suddenly turn into star players is well unrealistic.  Milliner and Pryor were first round picks and expected to contribute immediately.  They have done nothing.  McDougle has a history of injuries and who knows if he even make the roster next year after that severe of a knee injury.  He may never be the same.  

Milliner has been extremely underwhelming and thus far looks like a complete bust of a top ten pick.  The WRs  - the Jets could have drafted 10 other WRs, all of whom are making impacts in the league this year and starting on far better teams.  While I admire your patience, I believe it is unwarranted in this case.  I would be surprised if either player makes the roster next season if we had a new GM and new coach.  

Finally, as far as Harvin is concerned - Harvin is a dynamic player.  Great talent.  But there is no guarantee he will be on the roster next year because of his contract.  And more to the point, a new coaching staff may not want him.  He has been a notorious headache for teams over time.  I hope he turns that around here because he is a very good player, but again let's not go crazy over this.  Getting Harvin was a good, low risk move.  But for this season, it was too little, too late.  

The bottom line is Idzik has a very mixed track record in free agency, and a very underwhelming draft record to date.  And that is being generous.  That's just not good enough and not acceptable.  
    I disagree entirely about Milliner. He has shown at the very least that at the end of last year, he was a legitimate starting CB, a borderline #1. Saying Milliner has done nothing is just flat-out wrong. Pryor, well, we won't know until someone actually plays him at strong safety. Rex has mishandled him.

McDougle, I just don't know how people can blame Idzik for his blown knee. Yes, he'd had prior injuries, but none of them were knees. You can't predict a knee injury like that.

We'll have to agree to disagree on Milliner.  He played well the last four games, that's true.  But the first 12 he was awful.  He had receivers running wide open on him constantly.  And he looked terrible this season again before he went down with his injury.  He was constantly injured during training camp with a hamstring or some other ailment.  The guy can't stay on the field.  He had an injury history before he got to the NFL.  He missed all of training camp last season because of a shoulder injury he had in college.  Sorry, but playing well in four games in my opinion does not make him a #1 CB.  He is closer to being a bust than a #1 CB in my opinion.    

Pryor - you can make an argument that Rex mishandled him.  But he has done absolutely nothing on the field to keep his job. Nothing.   And today the rumor is that he does not turn up on time for meetings, which is unprofessional.  If that's true - that's not exactly what you would expect from a #1 draft pick.  

McDougle was another player with an injury history.    So I can't put my faith in a player that has never even played one NFL game and who missed his entire last season of college football.  He was a very high risk pick.  And who knows if he is even going to be able to recover fully from this injury.  Will the next coaching staff even want him?  We have no idea whether he can play or not at this point.  

I don't blame Idzik for McDougle's injury at all.  I do blame Idzik for an underwhelming track record.  

My issue simply is, I have very little faith that this guy can get it right.  And for those with faith in him, I don't understand where the belief in Idzik comes from - to me there is very little basis for it.  This team has gotten worse, not better under his watch.  How does that justify keeping him?  I just don't understand the logic.   To me the other built in excuse is, he needs more time.  More time to do what exactly?   Granted, we have nowhere to go but up, but do you really entrust this guy to put together a championship roster when he can't even find more than one starter in a 12 pick draft?  I just don't get it.  

BlindsideBrick - Not sure if you saw my post above, or if your comments about the agenda were directed towards me specifically.  But this post further clarifies my position.  
    For the record, I don't have an agenda other than I want the Jets organization to become a winning organization.  That's my only agenda.  I'm not looking to blame everything on one person.  I think this is collective failure across the Board.  I am advocating for wholesale changes, not just Idzik, not just Rex.  But changes throughout the organization to fix this mess.  One "Any Given Sunday" win against the Steelers does not change the fact this team has major issues, and it starts at the top with the GM.  I think everyone needs to held accountable.  

And if you read my post, I ask the question, what has Idzik done to deserve such blind faith at this point?  This team is worse, not better than when he took over, and that is saying something because they were bad when he was hired.  The record is what it is - 2-8.  This team is as bad we've seen in 25 years.  Now they might win a few games here down the stretch against equally bad teams, but the season was over by midway point after an embarrassing loss to the Bills.  That's unacceptable, and the owner should see it that way.  And if it is unacceptable to the fans, and to the owner, then you need to make the necessary organizational changes to make sure that doesn't happen again.  That's my opinion.
    SackExchange
    SackExchange

Post by SackExchange Tue 11 Nov 2014 - 11:59

LIJETFAN wrote:
    SackExchange wrote:

We'll have to agree to disagree on Milliner.  He played well the last four games, that's true.  But the first 12 he was awful.  He had receivers running wide open on him constantly.  And he looked terrible this season again before he went down with his injury.  He was constantly injured during training camp with a hamstring or some other ailment.  The guy can't stay on the field.  He had an injury history before he got to the NFL.  He missed all of training camp last season because of a shoulder injury he had in college.  Sorry, but playing well in four games in my opinion does not make him a #1 CB.  He is closer to being a bust than a #1 CB in my opinion.    

Pryor - you can make an argument that Rex mishandled him.  But he has done absolutely nothing on the field to keep his job. Nothing.   And today the rumor is that he does not turn up on time for meetings, which is unprofessional.  If that's true - that's not exactly what you would expect from a #1 draft pick.  

McDougle was another player with an injury history.    So I can't put my faith in a player that has never even played one NFL game and who missed his entire last season of college football.  He was a very high risk pick.  And who knows if he is even going to be able to recover fully from this injury.  Will the next coaching staff even want him?  We have no idea whether he can play or not at this point.  

I don't blame Idzik for McDougle's injury at all.  I do blame Idzik for an underwhelming track record.  

My issue simply is, I have very little faith that this guy can get it right.  And for those with faith in him, I don't understand where the belief in Idzik comes from - to me there is very little basis for it.  This team has gotten worse, not better under his watch.  How does that justify keeping him?  I just don't understand the logic.   To me the other built in excuse is, he needs more time.  More time to do what exactly?   Granted, we have nowhere to go but up, but do you really entrust this guy to put together a championship roster when he can't even find more than one starter in a 12 pick draft?  I just don't get it.  
    When rookies start out slow, but then improve late in their first season, it is usually a good sign that they are developing. Geno aside, that is what happened with Milliner. You can say he looked awful this year, but we have no idea, because he was injured before the first game. There is no basis for saying he looked awful this year.

As for Pryor, if he is showing up late, if at all, for meetings, to me, that is MUCH more on the HC than on the GM. The GM acquires the talent, and it's up to the HC to groom them to be good professionals. Now, those problems may have existed in college, but once you become a professional, it is up to your HC to make you accountable. Rex has not. He is far more to blame for Pryor's unprofessionalism than Idzik is.

I know it's fashionable to bash Idzik, but sometimes there are great stretches made to try to blame Idzik. He has more than his share of blame. But not everything that ails the Jets is his fault.
    cysporsche
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by cysporsche Tue 11 Nov 2014 - 12:16

I agree with Sack, Idzik is not totally to blame for this mess, like Bradway heading up the draft room, he's pitiful and still here ? Bradway helped run off our best draft guy to the Bronco's or Raiders, i don't remember his name. And I'd bet anyone that Pryor was totally a Rex pick wanting another Ed Reed type of safety. Rex is also a terrible talent evaluator which hurts the club. Give Idzik a break.

Go Jets...Cyborg
    Seaver
    Seaver
    Pilot
    Pilot

Post by Seaver Tue 11 Nov 2014 - 14:47

cysporsche wrote:I agree with Sack, Idzik is not totally to blame for this mess, like Bradway heading up the draft room, he's pitiful and still here ? Bradway helped run off our best draft guy to the Bronco's or Raiders, i don't remember his name. And I'd bet anyone that Pryor was totally a Rex pick wanting another Ed Reed type of safety. Rex is also a terrible talent evaluator which hurts the club. Give Idzik a break.

Go Jets...Cyborg

but the doesn't the GM have final say on the picks? At what point does HE accept responsibility? Why can't he fire Bradway? Maybe it is a troubling sign that he took the job with concessions like keeping Rex and Bradway. Maybe we need a stronger GM that will get control away from Woody's country club cronies. Maybe Idzik was doomed from the start and it just needs a flush.

I've gone on record before and I do now......if Idzik changes the voices in his ear for the draft.......I'll take a ride with him. If he has no control over that, what use is he?
    football51
    football51
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by football51 Tue 11 Nov 2014 - 15:05

A few thoughts..........

McDougle is listed from the combine at 5'11 194 lbs. That's Revis size.(please note that I'm refering to size and not talent/potential).

Mangini influenced some bad picks too like Gholston(which Mangini talked about on NFL Live saying he went against the scouts wishes), Eric Smith in the 3rd round, Schlegal, etc. No one is perfect.

Milliner won defensive rookie of the month last december and looked real good against the opponent's #1 wr's including Mike Wallace and Josh Gordon. I wouldn't say that he's shown nothing. He needs to stay healthy.

Geno Smith looked the part during the offseason including(according to the same beat writers who are bashing him now) out playing Vick in OTA's, mini camp, training camp, and the preseason. As long as Smith didn't slip up, he was going to get the majority of reps. If Idzik really wanted to influence personnel, he'd order Rex to bench Landry and put Pryor at ss, and play Amaro the amount of reps Cumberland is receiving.

We've all watched these games........ prior to sunday's win, this was not a one win team talent wise. Are there holes? yes, but we should've had 3-4 more wins will a better coach who prepares players on a consistent basis, holds players accountable, and doesn't play injured/unproductive talent. Ryan came here with these flaws. They didn't arise under Idzik.
    SackExchange
    SackExchange

Post by SackExchange Tue 11 Nov 2014 - 15:24

Seaver wrote:
    cysporsche wrote:I agree with Sack, Idzik is not totally to blame for this mess, like Bradway heading up the draft room, he's pitiful and still here ? Bradway helped run off our best draft guy to the Bronco's or Raiders, i don't remember his name. And I'd bet anyone that Pryor was totally a Rex pick wanting another Ed Reed type of safety. Rex is also a terrible talent evaluator which hurts the club. Give Idzik a break.

Go Jets...Cyborg

but the doesn't the GM have final say on the picks?  At what point does HE accept responsibility?  Why can't he fire Bradway?  Maybe it is a troubling sign that he took the job with concessions like keeping Rex and Bradway.  Maybe we need a stronger GM that will get control away from Woody's country club cronies.  Maybe Idzik was doomed from the start and it just needs a flush.

I've gone on record before and I do now......if Idzik changes the voices in his ear for the draft.......I'll take a ride with him.  If he has no control over that, what use is he?
    If a GM picks a good player, and a HC plays him out of position and he struggles, does that make it ultimately the GM's fault?
    football51
    football51
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by football51 Tue 11 Nov 2014 - 15:28

Joe Caporoso retweeted
    Chris Lopresti @CLoprestiWFAN · 23h 23 hours ago
    Best rated offense player from yesterday? Oday Aboushi at 2.2 (1.1 in pass blocking). Vick drew the worst grade at -3.6. (h/t @pff) #NYJ

Joe Caporoso @TurnOnTheJets · 23h 23 hours ago
    Guessing many #Jets fans were calling Aboushi a "F" draft pick after the first 10 games of his career...

Old#15
    Honorary Air Commander
    Honorary Air Commander

Post by Old#15 Tue 11 Nov 2014 - 16:21

football51 wrote: Joe Caporoso retweeted
    Chris Lopresti @CLoprestiWFAN  ·  23h 23 hours ago
    Best rated offense player from yesterday? Oday Aboushi at 2.2 (1.1 in pass blocking). Vick drew the worst grade at -3.6. (h/t @pff) #NYJ

Joe Caporoso @TurnOnTheJets  ·  23h 23 hours ago
    Guessing many #Jets fans were calling Aboushi a "F" draft pick after the first 10 games of his career...

Nice to see. Maybe we'll see something similar with Evans/Enunwa next year.
    cysporsche
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by cysporsche Tue 11 Nov 2014 - 16:55

Seaver wrote:

Go Jets...Cyborg

but the doesn't the GM have final say on the picks?  At what point does HE accept responsibility?  Why can't he fire Bradway?  Maybe it is a troubling sign that he took the job with concessions like keeping Rex and Bradway.  Maybe we need a stronger GM that will get control away from Woody's country club cronies.  Maybe Idzik was doomed from the start and it just needs a flush.

I've gone on record before and I do now......if Idzik changes the voices in his ear for the draft.......I'll take a ride with him.  If he has no control over that, what use is he?

I guarantee that Idzik will no longer be Mr. nice guy ! There will be numerous changes this off season. Idzik is a smart guy, he knows it's serious when planes above are asking for you to be fired. I honestly think that Idzik will be back and do a great job for the Jets.

Go Jets...Cyborg
    LIJETFAN
    Honorary Air Commander
    Honorary Air Commander

Post by LIJETFAN Tue 11 Nov 2014 - 17:00

Go Jets...Cyborg

I agree that Idzik is not solely to blame. I have said that many times in this thread. I think the changes need to be wholesale, not piecemeal. That means holding everyone accountable, Bradway, Rex, Idzik, everyone. I don't know if I can be any more clear than that. I already made the point that Rex should be gone. That's a done deal. Rex has his shortcomings, no need to rehash them here. We all know what they are. I said this many pages ago into this thread, but the only question now is: Who goes with him?

The discussion that has followed have been people in essentially three camps:

1. Pro-Idzik - Idzik deserves more time because nobody is perfect, we all make mistakes, and he never got to pick his own coach. And Idzik needs more time to see his drafts fully evaluated because these players on the practice squad and IR will eventually become great players. With the exception of Geno Smith. He doesn't deserve more time because he sucks and we need a new QB.

2. Anti-Idzik - Idzik needs to go because - last year's draft was poor, he can't evaluate talent, he did not fix the major holes on the roster and left $20M in cap space, and the team sucks.

3. Idzik needs to go because he has an underwhelming track record, and the team is a 2-8. And if you a rebuilding with a new coach and a new QB, start over completely and find someone with a proven track record of success, that knows how to build a championship team and has instant credibility. Someone that is going to get it right, not someone that MIGHT POSSIBLY get it right down the road.

I have very little faith in his ability to execute his "plan." I made the point in the thread about the difference between theory and practice. He might have a great plan, but if you can't execute it, then the plan is meaningless. I have very little confidence in Idzik's ability to execute the plan based on his last draft, and the putrid product that we have seen on the field this year.

So, I actually fall into Camp #3, but agree in part with Camp #2 relative to last year's draft which I believe he botched (especially when you watch rookies around the league making significant impacts and we had 12 picks and only one of them is a part-time starter at TE) and he failed to fix the holes on the roster. I am ambivalent about the cap space.

So, in short, yes, I favor replacing Idzik, along with everyone else. Start over completely - new Coach, new GM, new QB, new personnel group. Start over and get it right this time.
    SackExchange
    SackExchange

Post by SackExchange Wed 12 Nov 2014 - 9:56

So there are wholesale changes after this year. Rex is gone, Idzik is gone, the entire front office is replaced.

Next season, the first half of the year has a tough schedule. Jets get off to a slow start. How long before Jets fans are calling for yet more firings?
    Seaver
    Seaver
    Pilot
    Pilot

Post by Seaver Wed 12 Nov 2014 - 13:53

SackExchange wrote:So there are wholesale changes after this year. Rex is gone, Idzik is gone, the entire front office is replaced.

Next season, the first half of the year has a tough schedule. Jets get off to a slow start. How long before Jets fans are calling for yet more firings?

to be fair....a new regime gets some rope. Even Idzik got a year.....on top of that this will be a team coming off a losing record as opposed to 8-8. A new HC brings different expectations. Many fans saw similarities coming into 2014 with 2009.........inexperienced QB and good defense. Some pundits predicted playoffs. Injuries and ineffectiveness torpedoed that idea.

bottom line is there shouldn't be a call to fire the GM for at least 2+ years because of doing a complete reset at HC and GM.
    SackExchange
    SackExchange

Post by SackExchange Wed 12 Nov 2014 - 14:07

Seaver wrote:
    SackExchange wrote:So there are wholesale changes after this year. Rex is gone, Idzik is gone, the entire front office is replaced.

to be fair....a new regime gets some rope.  Even Idzik got a year.....on top of that this will be a team coming off a losing record as opposed to 8-8.  A new HC brings different expectations.  Many fans saw similarities coming into 2014 with 2009.........inexperienced QB and good defense.  Some pundits predicted playoffs.  Injuries and ineffectiveness torpedoed that idea.

bottom line is there shouldn't be a call to fire the GM for at least 2+ years because of doing a complete reset at HC and GM.
    A year? Jets fans are patient because they waited until the GM (who, by the way, did not even get to choose his HC) was into his second season before calling for him to be fired?

It takes 2-3 years, at least. for a GM to fully implement his plan. But this is Jetsland, where the guy who gets to choose his own HC gets 2 years, and the guy who doesn't get to choose his own HC gets one.

And for the record, Idzik took over a team coming off a 6-10 year.
    football51
    football51
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by football51 Wed 12 Nov 2014 - 17:57

This one is better Laughing

Joe Caporoso @TurnOnTheJets · 1h 1 hour ago
    As previously shared by @CGROSS97, paid for by...

Idzik's state of the team - Page 13 B2RYZulIcAA_8q9
    football51
    football51
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by football51 Wed 12 Nov 2014 - 18:16

All of these predictions were made after the preseason when everyone could see who was/wasn't on the roster. It seems to me that the Mehta's of the world should be focusing less on their personal issues with the gm who won't give out information, and more on the coach who they love to make excuses for.

http://turnonthejets.com/2014/11/new-york-jets-pacing-2014-expectations/
    Blindsidebrick
    Honorary Wing Commander
    Honorary Wing Commander

Post by Blindsidebrick Thu 13 Nov 2014 - 11:45

LIJETFAN wrote:
    LIJETFAN wrote:
    SackExchange wrote:

BlindsideBrick - Not sure if you saw my post above, or if your comments about the agenda were directed towards me specifically.  But this post further clarifies my position.  
    For the record, I don't have an agenda other than I want the Jets organization to become a winning organization.  That's my only agenda.  I'm not looking to blame everything on one person.  I think this is collective failure across the Board.  I am advocating for wholesale changes, not just Idzik, not just Rex.  But changes throughout the organization to fix this mess.  One "Any Given Sunday" win against the Steelers does not change the fact this team has major issues, and it starts at the top with the GM.  I think everyone needs to held accountable.  

And if you read my post, I ask the question, what has Idzik done to deserve such blind faith at this point?  This team is worse, not better than when he took over, and that is saying something because they were bad when he was hired.  The record is what it is - 2-8.  This team is as bad we've seen in 25 years.  Now they might win a few games here down the stretch against equally bad teams, but the season was over by midway point after an embarrassing loss to the Bills.  That's unacceptable, and the owner should see it that way.  And if it is unacceptable to the fans, and to the owner, then you need to make the necessary organizational changes to make sure that doesn't happen again.  That's my opinion.

LI, I wasn't addressing you. Although I disagree with the basic premise of your argument, I recognize that it's still a well-reasoned argument. I'm talking more about the foaming-at-the-mouth, Fire Idzik mob.
    cysporsche
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by cysporsche Fri 14 Nov 2014 - 10:58

Jet brothers, It's time to face reality, Idzik love him or hate him, will be the Jets GM next season. Burn me @ the stake if I'm wrong, but I doubt it.

I'm getting use to the fact that Rex is 95% gone; however, I hate to lose Karl Dunbar the defensive line coach.

I think Dennis Thurman is Rex's puppet on the sidelines as DC, and can be replaced, hopefully with a 4-3 / 4-2-5 DC. That will enable Coples to get back to his natural position of DE or DT.

Go Jets...Cyborg
    SackExchange
    SackExchange

Post by SackExchange Fri 14 Nov 2014 - 12:38

Any new HC will need to bring in his own guys. I do think a four-man front is a possibility, especially if Dan Quinn replaces Rex.

That ALL depends on the Idzik situation. Initially, I was sure he was coming back. But I am beginning to doubt that. Woody does care about perception, and the rash actions of some Jets "fans" is almost forcing his hand.

Of course, knowing Jets fans as we do, I'm sure the new regime will be called idiots the first time they draft someone who Tony from Bayonne wouldn't have drafted.
    football51
    football51
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by football51 Fri 14 Nov 2014 - 13:29

SackExchange wrote:Any new HC will need to bring in his own guys. I do think a four-man front is a possibility, especially if Dan Quinn replaces Rex.

That ALL depends on the Idzik situation. Initially, I was sure he was coming back. But I am beginning to doubt that. Woody does care about perception, and the rash actions of some Jets "fans" is almost forcing his hand.

Of course, knowing Jets fans as we do, I'm sure the new regime will be called idiots the first time they draft someone who Tony from Bayonne wouldn't have drafted.

Tony from Bayonne....... first time long time....... let me first say that this new coach is horrible.......... Very Happy
    Seaver
    Seaver
    Pilot
    Pilot

Post by Seaver Fri 14 Nov 2014 - 13:43

SackExchange wrote:
    Seaver wrote:

to be fair....a new regime gets some rope.  Even Idzik got a year.....on top of that this will be a team coming off a losing record as opposed to 8-8.  A new HC brings different expectations.  Many fans saw similarities coming into 2014 with 2009.........inexperienced QB and good defense.  Some pundits predicted playoffs.  Injuries and ineffectiveness torpedoed that idea.

A year? Jets fans are patient because they waited until the GM (who, by the way, did not even get to choose his HC) was into his second season before calling for him to be fired?

It takes 2-3 years, at least. for a GM to fully implement his plan. But this is Jetsland, where the guy who gets to choose his own HC gets 2 years, and the guy who doesn't get to choose his own HC gets one.

And for the record, Idzik took over a team coming off a 6-10 year.

tell me then what has Idzik done to date that will magically materialize in 2015? What draft day steal from the past 2 drafts is going to make the 'plan' evident to all? The plan should be showing some sign of life by now...........so far it's been oogots. QB looks like a complete reset is in order. OL is deteriorating......secondary in shambles.........but the plan will save us next year.
    Seaver
    Seaver
    Pilot
    Pilot

Post by Seaver Fri 14 Nov 2014 - 13:50

let's at least look at the landscape........what does it say when the fanbase is goes to the length of putting up billboards or flying signs overhead....those are pretty far out measures we have not seen before........it says something that the fanbase has been pushed to that brink.......and even the pro Idzik crowd admits there have been mistakes.  The argument has created polar opposite camps........Idzik can do no wrong and fire his ass yesterday.  In reality, both camps should be more towards the middle of being able to see each sides' point and recognizing that Idzik isn't worthy of more than a 50-50 shot of coming back.  Instead we see a faction of the fanbase being labeled kneejerk by the other.  

the consensus opinion should be this organization is a mess and needs a makeover at some level.

me personally.......I could live with Idzik provided he makes changes beyond HC.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 17 May 2024 - 7:45