Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A New Community for Jets Fans

+21
Pointdexter
lnap23
jetfandreamer
AFA2017
jamesfyo123
McJet
Sarge
cysporsche
GratefulJet
Seaver
Old#15
LIJETFAN
NickSINYC
football51
The Wicker Man
SackExchange
MachinaVerde
HYATT™
NYJETSDAN16
hobson54
Superman55
25 posters

2015 NFL Draft Thread

jetfandreamer
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

2015 NFL Draft Thread - Page 6 Empty Re: 2015 NFL Draft Thread

Post by jetfandreamer Sun 7 Dec 2014 - 22:22

NickSINYC wrote:
    Superman55 wrote:
    NickSINYC wrote:

Great I thought because we beat them they would pick ahead of us glad the tiebreaker is working like this

need to find a way to lose to the Titans...I'm worried about that game.  Harvin finding his grove in the O could be trouble for our draft picks.

He left the stadium on crutches hopefully he sits next week

Jets should also IR Wilkerson and not risk further injury..wouldnt surprise me if you see that this week
    Superman55
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Superman55 Sun 7 Dec 2014 - 22:27

jetfandreamer wrote:
    NickSINYC wrote:
    Superman55 wrote:
    NickSINYC wrote:

Great I thought because we beat them they would pick ahead of us glad the tiebreaker is working like this

need to find a way to lose to the Titans...I'm worried about that game.  Harvin finding his grove in the O could be trouble for our draft picks.

Jets should also IR Wilkerson and not risk further injury..wouldnt surprise me if you see that this week

100000% agree.
    NYJETSDAN16
    NYJETSDAN16
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by NYJETSDAN16 Sun 7 Dec 2014 - 22:46

Superman55 wrote:
    jetfandreamer wrote:
    NickSINYC wrote:
    Superman55 wrote:
    NickSINYC wrote:

100000% agree.  

absolutely.
    Seaver
    Seaver
    Pilot
    Pilot

Post by Seaver Mon 8 Dec 2014 - 12:12

GratefulJet wrote:When you think about LSU in 2013, Mettenberger was throwing to both ODB and Jarvis Landry. Why didn't he have 4000 passing yards?? Shocked

and Michael Jordan didn't exactly light it up under Dean Smith either.........how bout Tom Brady? Mettenberger is a another reason to fire Idzik. Here was one of a group of QBs to draft in the middle rounds as insurance or a new direction.....yet Idzik was so in love with Geno he passed. Kills me he was that ignorant to the position.
    cysporsche
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by cysporsche Mon 8 Dec 2014 - 12:55

Seaver wrote:
    GratefulJet wrote:When you think about LSU in 2013, Mettenberger was throwing to both ODB and Jarvis Landry. Why didn't he have 4000 passing yards?? Shocked

and Michael Jordan didn't exactly light it up under Dean Smith either.........how bout Tom Brady?  Mettenberger is a another reason to fire Idzik.  Here was one of a group of QBs to draft in the middle rounds as insurance or a new direction.....yet Idzik was so in love with Geno he passed.  Kills me he was that ignorant to the position.

Until the actual draft day fiasco, most every draft expert had Geno going in the 1st round. Even though I was not a Geno fan while @ WVU, Idzik did the right thing by drafting him in the 2nd round.

Go Jets...Cyborg
    Old#15
    Honorary Air Commander
    Honorary Air Commander

Post by Old#15 Mon 8 Dec 2014 - 13:07

Question for the draftniks particularly those that are following the 2015 crop of WRs:  after Cooper, who are the next best group of 5 to 8 WRs, and where do you see them being drafted?

I know it's early and commitments haven't come out yet, but give me your best guess.  If we draft a QB at #1, I wouldn't mind a guy like last year's Matthews or Landry as a security blanket type in rounds 2-3. Too bad we didn't get to see what we have in Shaq Evans before we have to use picks on WR again.
    Sarge
    Sarge
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Sarge Mon 8 Dec 2014 - 13:24

I try to judge players, especially WRs, based on how well they play in games I actually saw, and WVU's Kevin White, Auburn's Sammy Coats and Duke Williams, and Florida States Rashad Greene were the best I saw this year. I like Stefon Diggs from Mayland too but he's hurt
    cysporsche
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by cysporsche Mon 8 Dec 2014 - 14:59

Old#15 wrote:Question for the draftniks particularly those that are following the 2015 crop of WRs:  after Cooper, who are the next best group of 5 to 8 WRs, and where do you see them being drafted?

I know it's early and commitments haven't come out yet, but give me your best guess.  If we draft a QB at #1, I wouldn't mind a guy like last year's Matthews or Landry as a security blanket type in rounds 2-3.  Too bad we didn't get to see what we have in Shaq Evans before we have to use picks on WR again.

In the 2nd or 3rd round, I really like the ECU kid Justin Hardy. The other top WR's will get scooped up early this year, after the success of last years WR class.

Go Jets...Cyborg
    jetfandreamer
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

Post by jetfandreamer Mon 8 Dec 2014 - 19:13

Seaver wrote:

and Michael Jordan didn't exactly light it up under Dean Smith either.........how bout Tom Brady?  Mettenberger is a another reason to fire Idzik.  Here was one of a group of QBs to draft in the middle rounds as insurance or a new direction.....yet Idzik was so in love with Geno he passed.  Kills me he was that ignorant to the position.

LIKE I SAID AT THE TIME someone was throwing Landry and ODB the ball
    Seaver
    Seaver
    Pilot
    Pilot

Post by Seaver Tue 9 Dec 2014 - 11:12

cysporsche wrote:
    Seaver wrote:

Until the actual draft day fiasco, most every draft expert had Geno going in the 1st round. Even though I was not a Geno fan while @ WVU, Idzik did the right thing by drafting him in the 2nd round.

Go Jets...Cyborg

what exactly does that mean? Tells me the so called experts don't know shiite. I'd like a GM that doesn't have to draft off Mel Kiper's board. Results dictate the choice was poor.....there was plenty of dissension and criticism of the idea to draft Geno before it happened so I cannot endorse the pick as a good idea.

Furthermore, after that pick was pathetic on the field in 2013, the GM neglected to dip back into the draft to try again. I have a big issue with that one.
    Superman55
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Superman55 Tue 9 Dec 2014 - 12:41

Seaver wrote:
    cysporsche wrote:
    Seaver wrote:

Go Jets...Cyborg

what exactly does that mean?  Tells me the so called experts don't know shiite.  I'd like a GM that doesn't have to draft off Mel Kiper's board.  Results dictate the choice was poor.....there was plenty of dissension and criticism of the idea to draft Geno before it happened so I cannot endorse the pick as a good idea.

Furthermore, after that pick was pathetic on the field in 2013, the GM neglected to dip back into the draft to try again.  I have a big issue with that one.

Jaws had Mettenberger the #2 QB in the draft.
    McJet
    Honorary Group Captain

Post by McJet Tue 9 Dec 2014 - 13:33

Seaver wrote:
    cysporsche wrote:
    Seaver wrote:

Go Jets...Cyborg

what exactly does that mean?  Tells me the so called experts don't know shiite.  I'd like a GM that doesn't have to draft off Mel Kiper's board.  Results dictate the choice was poor.....there was plenty of dissension and criticism of the idea to draft Geno before it happened so I cannot endorse the pick as a good idea.

Furthermore, after that pick was pathetic on the field in 2013, the GM neglected to dip back into the draft to try again.  I have a big issue with that one.

Taj Boyd anyone?
    Seaver
    Seaver
    Pilot
    Pilot

Post by Seaver Tue 9 Dec 2014 - 13:45

McJet wrote:
    Seaver wrote:
    cysporsche wrote:
    Seaver wrote:

Go Jets...Cyborg

Taj Boyd anyone?

nobody mistook him for a QB
    Seaver
    Seaver
    Pilot
    Pilot

Post by Seaver Tue 9 Dec 2014 - 13:46

Superman55 wrote:
    Seaver wrote:
    cysporsche wrote:
    Seaver wrote:

Go Jets...Cyborg

apparently Jaws has a clue. Who else did he like at QB?
    Superman55
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Superman55 Tue 9 Dec 2014 - 14:13

Seaver wrote:
    Superman55 wrote:
    Seaver wrote:
    cysporsche wrote:
    Seaver wrote:

Go Jets...Cyborg

apparently Jaws has a clue.  Who else did he like at QB?

Jaworski ranks Mettenberger over Manziel, Bridgewater

Posted by Michael David Smith on April 15, 2014, 5:57 PM EST
    Zach Mettenberger
    Ron Jaworski, the former NFL quarterback turned ESPN commentator, is well regarded for his ability to break down film and analyze it in a way that fans can understand. But in breaking down the quarterbacks in this year’s NFL draft, Jaworski has been all over the map.

The latest example: Jaworski said today on NFL Live that he views former LSU quarterback Zach Mettenberger as a better prospect than either of the two highest-profile quarterbacks in this year’s draft, Johnny Manziel of Texas A&M or Teddy Bridgewater of Louisville.

“This is the guy that can change the draft, Zach Mettenberger,” Jaworski said. “He has the big, strong arm, the prototypical NFL quarterback, at 6-foot-5, 228 pounds, coached by Cam Cameron down there at LSU, pro-style offense.”

Jaworski ranks former Central Florida quarterback Blake Bortles as the best of this year’s class, Mettenberger second, Manziel third, Bridgewater fourth and Derek Carr of Fresno State fifth. Jaworski seems to put a lot of stock in pro days, moving Manziel up on the risk after ripping Manziel before his impressive showing at Texas A&M’s Pro Day, and moving Bridgewater way down after his disappointing showing at Louisville’s Pro Day.

“After my tape evaluation, I had Teddy Bridgewater No. 1. But I went to his Pro Day. He really struggled throwing the football — accuracy, velocity and it came out with a wobble,” Jaworski said.

It’s highly unlikely that the quarterbacks in this year’s draft class will be selected in Jaworski’s preferred order. But all it takes is one team to love Mettenberger as much as Jaworski does, and Mettenberger will be a first-round pick.
    hobson54
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by hobson54 Tue 9 Dec 2014 - 14:41

Seaver wrote:
    Superman55 wrote:
    Seaver wrote:
    cysporsche wrote:
    Seaver wrote:

Go Jets...Cyborg

Kellen Clemens in 2006, IIRC
    Seaver
    Seaver
    Pilot
    Pilot

Post by Seaver Tue 9 Dec 2014 - 15:27

Superman55 wrote:
    Seaver wrote:
    Superman55 wrote:
    Seaver wrote:
    cysporsche wrote:
    Seaver wrote:

Go Jets...Cyborg

Zach Mettenberger
    Ron Jaworski, the former NFL quarterback turned ESPN commentator, is well regarded for his ability to break down film and analyze it in a way that fans can understand. But in breaking down the quarterbacks in this year’s NFL draft, Jaworski has been all over the map.

The latest example: Jaworski said today on NFL Live that he views former LSU quarterback Zach Mettenberger as a better prospect than either of the two highest-profile quarterbacks in this year’s draft, Johnny Manziel of Texas A&M or Teddy Bridgewater of Louisville.

“This is the guy that can change the draft, Zach Mettenberger,” Jaworski said. “He has the big, strong arm, the prototypical NFL quarterback, at 6-foot-5, 228 pounds, coached by Cam Cameron down there at LSU, pro-style offense.”

Jaworski ranks former Central Florida quarterback Blake Bortles as the best of this year’s class, Mettenberger second, Manziel third, Bridgewater fourth and Derek Carr of Fresno State fifth. Jaworski seems to put a lot of stock in pro days, moving Manziel up on the risk after ripping Manziel before his impressive showing at Texas A&M’s Pro Day, and moving Bridgewater way down after his disappointing showing at Louisville’s Pro Day.

“After my tape evaluation, I had Teddy Bridgewater No. 1. But I went to his Pro Day. He really struggled throwing the football — accuracy, velocity and it came out with a wobble,” Jaworski said.

It’s highly unlikely that the quarterbacks in this year’s draft class will be selected in Jaworski’s preferred order. But all it takes is one team to love Mettenberger as much as Jaworski does, and Mettenberger will be a first-round pick.

thanks...interesting read. I will say that Sunday was my first real look at Bridgewater .......and he does have a funny delivery......almost as if he were a sidewinder pitcher. When he releases he seemingly is coming from a low release point that makes ball seem like it floats - I kept hoping a Jet would jump in front of one for INT.
    Seaver
    Seaver
    Pilot
    Pilot

Post by Seaver Tue 9 Dec 2014 - 15:28

hobson54 wrote:
    Seaver wrote:
    Superman55 wrote:
    Seaver wrote:
    cysporsche wrote:
    Seaver wrote:

Go Jets...Cyborg

Kellen Clemens in 2006, IIRC

woof....I do remember that one. Then you had Mangini thinking Kellen could beat out Chad........this guy had a few minds fooled.
    NickSINYC
    NickSINYC
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

Post by NickSINYC Tue 9 Dec 2014 - 16:49

McJet wrote:
    Seaver wrote:
    cysporsche wrote:
    Seaver wrote:

Go Jets...Cyborg

Taj Boyd anyone?

Blame Rec for that one. He is stupidity given a pick every year and Taj was it. IMO there is a very good chance that is also the reason Idzik did not pull the trigger on another young QB to groom.
    Superman55
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Superman55 Wed 10 Dec 2014 - 8:06

Seaver wrote:
    Superman55 wrote:
    Seaver wrote:
    Superman55 wrote:
    Seaver wrote:
    cysporsche wrote:
    Seaver wrote:

Go Jets...Cyborg

Zach Mettenberger

thanks...interesting read.  I will say that Sunday was my first real look at Bridgewater .......and he does have a funny delivery......almost as if he were a sidewinder pitcher.  When he releases he seemingly is coming from a low release point that makes ball seem like it floats -  I kept hoping a Jet would jump in front of one for INT.  

His deep ball matches his scouting report, he and Tannehill have the worst deep balls in the NFL. He doesn't have the hand size to spin it down the field. That was evident in his pro. Day, the preseason, and every since he became a starter. Ask Mike Wallace and Cordelle Patterson how fun it is to play with a guy who can't throw deeper than 15 yards.
    SackExchange
    SackExchange

Post by SackExchange Wed 10 Dec 2014 - 11:59

I remember Jaws being very high on Clemens, as well. Very high.
    lnap23
    Honorary Air Commander
    Honorary Air Commander

Post by lnap23 Wed 10 Dec 2014 - 12:21

SackExchange wrote:I remember Jaws being very high on Clemens, as well. Very high.

Sack I was just gonna post that after reading the thread... Jaws had Clemens as his #1 QB in that draft and made multiple comments after the draft how Clemens was not only gonna be the best QB of the draft but a Pro-Bowler within 2 years..

I remember the comments vividly... He got me so excited for Clemens... Now I don't listen to a word Jaws says!!
    football51
    football51
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by football51 Wed 10 Dec 2014 - 15:17

Chris Carter is a BIG fan of Winston and Cooper( compares him favorably to Julio Jones).

http://espn.go.com/espnradio/play?id=12004334
    cysporsche
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by cysporsche Thu 11 Dec 2014 - 10:48

Mel Kiper was on ESPN thursday morning and has Mariota going 1st, but thinks he should sit for his rookie season.

He has Cooper WR going 3rd, and compared him to Marvin Harrison, saying that Cooper is not as big, fast & strong as Julio Jones WR.

Not sure if he has Winston QB or Gregory DE/OLB going 2nd ?

Go Jets...Cyborg
    SackExchange
    SackExchange

Post by SackExchange Thu 11 Dec 2014 - 11:47

With the right coaching staff, would a Mariota/Hoyer combo work? I'm not sure if Hoyer wants to play the same role he did in Cleveland, but I think he's the kind of guy with both potential and the ability to help a younger QB.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun 19 May 2024 - 16:35