Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A New Community for Jets Fans

+14
lnap23
Superman55
NCgreen12
NYJETSDAN16
GratefulJet
football51
NickSINYC
Blindsidebrick
The Wicker Man
hobson54
LIJETFAN
AFA2017
Sarge
Hunter07
18 posters

Marrone opts out at Buffalo - headed for the Jets??? ...

football51
    football51
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Marrone opts out at Buffalo - headed for the Jets??? ... - Page 2 Empty Re: Marrone opts out at Buffalo - headed for the Jets??? ...

Post by football51 Thu 1 Jan 2015 - 13:34

This takes place AFTER the GM interviews are done. I think we have GM/Coach in place by next friday.

Brian Costello
    ‏@BrianCoz
    Doug Marrone is scheduled to interview with the Jets on Sunday or Monday, according to a league source. #nyj

Brian Costello
    ‏@BrianCoz
    Doug Marrone also has interviews lined up with the Falcons and Bears, according to a league source #nyj

football51
    football51
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Marrone opts out at Buffalo - headed for the Jets??? ... - Page 2 Empty Re: Marrone opts out at Buffalo - headed for the Jets??? ...

Post by football51 Thu 1 Jan 2015 - 13:41

Adam ScheinVerified account
    ‏@AdamSchein
    Feel bad for Bills fans. Doug Marrone can flat out coach. Jets should jump instantly on the Bronx native. Bears & ATL, too.

‏@AdamSchein
    Doug Marrone would be a fantastic hire for the Jets. He won 9 games this year without a QB or Kiko Alonso.

‏@AdamSchein
    Doug Marrone rescued Syracuse from the depths of sports hell, the Greg Robinson epic disaster.

Like I said in another thread, the MAJORITY of the media LOVE Marrone. The NY Daily News will be standing alone on this one.

football51
    football51
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by football51 Thu 1 Jan 2015 - 13:45

From TOJ.

Marrone opts out at Buffalo - headed for the Jets??? ... - Page 2 B6R1Cg5CYAAO28g
    football51
    football51
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by football51 Thu 1 Jan 2015 - 14:08

Agenda.

Manish Mehta
    ‏@MMehtaNYDN
    Classless exit by Doug Marrone, who told players he was gone after news already broke via mass text. Embarrassing on so many levels. #nyj

Reality.

Tim Graham
    ‏@ByTimGraham
    Really no other way for Marrone to inform players he was leaving. Can't hold a team meeting with players scattered across U.S

Graham works for the Buffalo News by the way.

football51
    football51
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by football51 Thu 1 Jan 2015 - 14:13

football51
    football51
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by football51 Thu 1 Jan 2015 - 14:47

For all those who truely respect Bill Polian..............

Tim Graham
    ‏@ByTimGraham
    Everything was lined up for Polian to return to Bills just 24 hours ago. But he is a big fan of Marrone's and trusts his opinion.
    LIJETFAN
    Honorary Air Commander
    Honorary Air Commander

Post by LIJETFAN Thu 1 Jan 2015 - 15:43

If the Jets knew in advance that Marrone was leaving, why the dog and pony show? They need to go through the process. If Harbaugh was interested, he would have been worth suspending the process.
    football51
    football51
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by football51 Thu 1 Jan 2015 - 15:48

You can't suspend the process for anyone. The Rooney Rule still applies.

SiriusXM NFL Radio
    ‏@SiriusXMNFL
    "Doug [Marrone] is NOT a money guy, he's going to do what's best for him." - Kevin Mawae #Bills #Jets

Peter KingVerified account
    ‏@SI_PeterKing
    Hearing Doug Marrone spoke by phone with Woody Johnson today. Went well. More formal interview coming after delegation returns from Seattle.

Peter KingVerified account
    ‏@SI_PeterKing
    Re Marrone informing his players by text message: Meh. How else would you better tell a group of far-flung people on New Year’s Eve at 6 pm?

The Wicker Man
    The Wicker Man
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

Post by The Wicker Man Thu 1 Jan 2015 - 15:58

Hiring Marrone will fire up the Bills/Jets rivalry.
    Blindsidebrick
    Honorary Wing Commander
    Honorary Wing Commander

Post by Blindsidebrick Thu 1 Jan 2015 - 15:59

football51 wrote:Agenda.

Manish Mehta
    ‏@MMehtaNYDN
    Classless exit by Doug Marrone, who told players he was gone after news already broke via mass text. Embarrassing on so many levels. #nyj

Reality.

Tim Graham
    ‏@ByTimGraham
    Really no other way for Marrone to inform players he was leaving. Can't hold a team meeting with players scattered across U.S

Graham works for the Buffalo News by the way.

Well, I think it's pretty funny seeing King Classless, Manish Mehta, refer to someone else as classless, but anyway...

I'm OK with Marrone. He comes from our organization, did pretty well last year, and might work well with Maccagnan or Mueller as GM. At least, from what I'm reading.
    NickSINYC
    NickSINYC
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

Post by NickSINYC Thu 1 Jan 2015 - 16:10

I am on the Marrone bandwagon. To me there is one key point that sets him above the rest of our top candidates. He has a successful winning season under his belt as a HC. We know for a fact what he can do.

No matter how good the coordinators appear to be and how much we expect they can do it is still a guessing game. I will take the sure thing.
    football51
    football51
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by football51 Thu 1 Jan 2015 - 16:49

LIJETFAN
    Honorary Air Commander
    Honorary Air Commander

Post by LIJETFAN Thu 1 Jan 2015 - 17:18

51 slow down. I was saying do not observe the Rooney rule. I was saying that if Jim Harbaugh was available he deserves immediate front-runner consideration. Marrone does not in my opinion. I am not saying he doesn't deserve consideration, but he certainly doesn deserve to jump ahead of the field based on his track record, which is nothing spectacular.
    football51
    football51
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by football51 Thu 1 Jan 2015 - 17:25

LIJETFAN wrote:51 slow down.  I was saying do not observe the Rooney rule.  I was saying that if Jim Harbaugh was available he deserves immediate front-runner consideration.  Marrone does not in my opinion.  I am not saying he doesn't deserve consideration, but he certainly doesn deserve to jump ahead of the field based on his track record, which is nothing spectacular.  

Oh, okay, I misunderstood. However, outside of Kubiak(who currently says that he's not interested in talking to any team), none of the others have any track record. Besides, what's the point of consulting "respected football men" as advisors if you're not going to listen to what they say. Woody is being told that Marrone jumps to the head of the list. As for Marrone's track record, others would beg to differ. He turned around a dormant Syracuse program, and led the Bills to their first winning season in 10 years. He also seems to have the respect of Kevin Mawae among others.
    NickSINYC
    NickSINYC
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

Post by NickSINYC Thu 1 Jan 2015 - 17:29

LIJETFAN wrote:51 slow down.  I was saying do not observe the Rooney rule.  I was saying that if Jim Harbaugh was available he deserves immediate front-runner consideration.  Marrone does not in my opinion.  I am not saying he doesn't deserve consideration, but he certainly doesn deserve to jump ahead of the field based on his track record, which is nothing spectacular.  

His track record in both college and the NFL is turning losing teams going nowhere and heading them in the right direction. With limited time with the teams it is not just about wins ans losses which I believe that is what you are judging him on. It's more about a starting point and where the teams where when he left.
    LIJETFAN
    Honorary Air Commander
    Honorary Air Commander

Post by LIJETFAN Thu 1 Jan 2015 - 17:41

Fair point Nick. But I want a championship, not just improvement. I agree that he has done a respectable job whereever he has been. And certainly deserves consideration. But let's get the GM in place first.
    hobson54
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by hobson54 Thu 1 Jan 2015 - 17:50

LIJETFAN wrote:Fair point Nick.  But I want a championship, not just improvement.  I agree that he has done a respectable job whereever he has been.  And certainly deserves consideration.  But let's get the GM in place first.  

marrone is interviewing with a bunch of teams, so there is competition.  the jets are conducting a dual-track search, and need to meet with both top GM and coaching candidates.  they are meeting with 3 people in seattle this week and have some GM meetings scheduled.  2 of the leading GM candidates (mueller and the guy from houston) have ties with marrone.

marrone has by far the best resume of any named candidates.  he turned around a terrible syracuse program, he did well with a crappy bills team, and he was an OC for the saints, so he learned from one of the best in business (payton).  he has ties to the region and the people leaading the jets search.  it would be negligent to not make a push for him
    Sarge
    Sarge
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Sarge Thu 1 Jan 2015 - 18:00

Current Guess

Jets Marrone
    Falcons Rex
    Bills Reich
    49ers Quinn
    Raiders Bowles
    Bears Gase
    NickSINYC
    NickSINYC
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

Post by NickSINYC Thu 1 Jan 2015 - 18:04

Sarge wrote:Current Guess

Jets Marrone
    Falcons Rex
    Bills Reich
    49ers Quinn
    Raiders Bowles
    Bears Gase

Looks like you may have it nailed to me
    Blindsidebrick
    Honorary Wing Commander
    Honorary Wing Commander

Post by Blindsidebrick Thu 1 Jan 2015 - 18:18

NickSINYC wrote:

Jets Marrone
    Falcons Rex
    Bills Reich
    49ers Quinn
    Raiders Bowles
    Bears Gase

Looks like you may have it nailed to me

Yup. That's very realistic. All of those guesses.
    hobson54
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by hobson54 Thu 1 Jan 2015 - 18:29

Jets Marrone
    Falcons Rex
    Bills Reich
    49ers Quinn
    Raiders Bowles
    Bears Gase

good guesses, but i think the raiders go with an offensive guy.
    NickSINYC
    NickSINYC
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

Post by NickSINYC Thu 1 Jan 2015 - 19:17

hobson54 wrote:

Jets Marrone
    Falcons Rex
    Bills Reich
    49ers Quinn
    Raiders Bowles
    Bears Gase

good guesses, but i think the raiders go with an offensive guy.

I could see that happening. Maybe Pep Hamilton
    football51
    football51
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by football51 Fri 2 Jan 2015 - 13:00

Lupica trying to help Manish spread the word. He's comparing Marrone to Kotite Rolling Eyes .

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/lupica-rich-kotite-mind-thinking-marrone-article-1.2063420

Yet, here is an article showing how yet another "respected football man", Bill Polian, has an "affinity" for Marrone.

http://bills.buffalonews.com/2015/01/01/doug-marrone-bill-polian-turned-unintentional-package-deal/

football51
    football51
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by football51 Fri 2 Jan 2015 - 14:26

Game of Thrones author and Jets fan weighs in on Marrone too. unfortunately, he's using Manish Mehta's article to form his opinion.

http://grrm.livejournal.com/399546.html
    football51
    football51
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by football51 Fri 2 Jan 2015 - 14:38

Rich Cimini
    ‏@RichCimini
    Jets' interest in Marrone has evoked comparisons to Kotite search. Nonsense. No other candidates in '95; Kotite ID'd before Carroll fired.

Rich Cimini
    ‏@RichCimini
    Current Jets are interviewing other candidates, as they should. Ppl who say it's another Kotite situation should review the facts. #nyj

Rich Cimini
    ‏@RichCimini
    Marrone has solid credentials. Look past record + see big picture. Not saying he's next Parcells, but r there any sure things on Jets' list?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 10 May 2024 - 11:21