Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A New Community for Jets Fans

+14
lnap23
Superman55
NCgreen12
NYJETSDAN16
GratefulJet
football51
NickSINYC
Blindsidebrick
The Wicker Man
hobson54
LIJETFAN
AFA2017
Sarge
Hunter07
18 posters

Marrone opts out at Buffalo - headed for the Jets??? ...

Superman55
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Marrone opts out at Buffalo - headed for the Jets??? ... - Page 9 Empty Re: Marrone opts out at Buffalo - headed for the Jets??? ...

Post by Superman55 Fri 9 Jan 2015 - 14:46

NickSINYC wrote:
    Superman55 wrote:
    NickSINYC wrote:
    SackExchange wrote:This is interesting. I wonder if it was Woody's camp who leaked that the Marrone interview did not go well, while the Casserly/Wolf camp leaked that it did.

I actually do believe this and I think this is where the conflicting reports are coming from. I am just glad there is another candidate I like that is close to Marrone because I have a history of not trusting Woodys' judgement.

Well, if they're split on Marrone, its positive for my hope for Quinn.  I havent heard a bad thing said about Quinn yet, really.  Doubt they're split there, which is why everyone thinks he's the favorite unless they become impatient.  

I agree I think the whole interview group did give Quinn a nod but what scares me is he being forced on the new GM? As far as I know he has no ties to Maccagnan if he is the new GM.

Depending on which report you believe, Maccagnan is going to be hired this weekend, which would make him involved in the second interviews with coaches...if he is hired in that window.

You'd think if they're split on Marrone, he may get a second interview...
    SackExchange
    SackExchange

Marrone opts out at Buffalo - headed for the Jets??? ... - Page 9 Empty Re: Marrone opts out at Buffalo - headed for the Jets??? ...

Post by SackExchange Fri 9 Jan 2015 - 14:50

Superman55 wrote:
    NickSINYC wrote:
    Superman55 wrote:
    NickSINYC wrote:
    SackExchange wrote:This is interesting. I wonder if it was Woody's camp who leaked that the Marrone interview did not go well, while the Casserly/Wolf camp leaked that it did.

I actually do believe this and I think this is where the conflicting reports are coming from. I am just glad there is another candidate I like that is close to Marrone because I have a history of not trusting Woodys' judgement.

Well, if they're split on Marrone, its positive for my hope for Quinn.  I havent heard a bad thing said about Quinn yet, really.  Doubt they're split there, which is why everyone thinks he's the favorite unless they become impatient.  

I agree I think the whole interview group did give Quinn a nod but what scares me is he being forced on the new GM? As far as I know he has no ties to Maccagnan if he is the new GM.

Depending on which report you believe, Maccagnan is going to be hired this weekend, which would make him involved in the second interviews with coaches...if he is hired in that window.

This is why it may be good that Seattle is in its playoff run. The Jets can get GM settled before having to move on Quinn. It seems nobody is really rushing to take Marrone off the market, so the Jets have time to wait for Quinn.
    NickSINYC
    NickSINYC
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

Post by NickSINYC Fri 9 Jan 2015 - 14:52

Superman55 wrote:
    NickSINYC wrote:
    Superman55 wrote:
    NickSINYC wrote:

I think Woody is totally off Marrone. I do hope Maccagnan is involved with a second interview of Quinn. That would alleviate my concern.
    football51
    football51
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by football51 Fri 9 Jan 2015 - 14:53

NickSINYC wrote:
    Superman55 wrote:
    NickSINYC wrote:

I was thinking of that too, but, I had a couple of "what ifs". What if Mac listed Quinn among the three coaches he'd like to work with(Woody/Casserly/Wolf had all candidates choose three)? What if this situation is similar to when the Jaguars hired Caldwell as gm. Every outlet reported that the new HC would be Greg Roman. Roman interviewed for the job, and it was reported as a lock because he and Caldwell were college roommates and close friends. Caldwell ended up hiring Gus Bradley instead who he had no connection to. Caldwell said that it just turned out to be a better fit.
    hobson54
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by hobson54 Fri 9 Jan 2015 - 15:15

not sure which thread to put this, but it's kind of weird that there are 6 head coaching vacancies since the end of the season, and after almost 2 weeks, not a single one has been filled yet. obviously a few of the named candidates (quinn, gase, mcdaniels, kubiak) are still in the playoffs which could be holding some of the hirings up.
    GratefulJet
    GratefulJet
    Honorary Group Captain

Post by GratefulJet Fri 9 Jan 2015 - 18:43

hobson54 wrote:not sure which thread to put this, but it's kind of weird that there are 6 head coaching vacancies since the end of the season, and after almost 2 weeks, not a single one has been filled yet.  obviously a few of the named candidates (quinn, gase, mcdaniels, kubiak) are still in the playoffs which could be holding some of the hirings up.

On does have to wonder whether, if it was going to happen between the Jets and Marrone, it was going to happen by the end of this week. I guess we'll find out soon enough.

I am probably not alone here in wishing we could be done with this phase of the slow, never-ending torture aka "being a Jets fan", and move on to the next dimension of this hell on earth. Very Happy

(Also probably not alone in having the expression that starts with "careful what you wish for..." echo in my head just now.)
    football51
    football51
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by football51 Sat 10 Jan 2015 - 13:08

Chris MortensenVerified account
    ‏@mortreport
    If Doug Marrone does not land a head coach job, sources say he will have an offer to join close friend Bill O'Brien as a Texans consultant
    GratefulJet
    GratefulJet
    Honorary Group Captain

Post by GratefulJet Sat 10 Jan 2015 - 13:36

One really has to wonder if Marrone made a terrible career mistake quitting his job.
    Superman55
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Superman55 Sat 10 Jan 2015 - 14:03

GratefulJet wrote:One really has to wonder if Marrone made a terrible career mistake quitting his job.

The GM didn't respect him when it came to personnel decisions and he decided he couldn't stay with a GM that didn't except his input. We've all had some bad bosses, and I look at it as a toxic relationship he wanted to move on from. Whether he become our coach or not, if one hates coming to work every day because his input isn't taken into consideration, I can't hold it against him for walking away from that situation.

The GM had already publicly pushed EJ back as the starting QB w/o even having a coach in place to give his two cents...I honestly think this GM is on a bit of a power trip and needs a puppet HC. I can't blame Marrone for not wanting to be "that guy."
    NickSINYC
    NickSINYC
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

Post by NickSINYC Sun 11 Jan 2015 - 7:20

Sunday notes: The curious candidacy of Doug Marrone

I actually believe #1 may be true and that is what scares me about Woody.
    Superman55
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Superman55 Sun 11 Jan 2015 - 10:59

NickSINYC wrote:

I was following him till I got to the last bullet, then I realized he has no idea what he's talking about. Anyone who thinks I can't drink beer at 930 AM is clueless. Forget all his other points based on the last. Smile

"7. Wake up, Jets fans: Instead of beer and burgers, it might be coffee and bagels when the Jets face the Miami Dolphins in London on Oct. 4, Week 4 of the 2015 season. In New York, the game will be played at 9:30 a.m. ET, the NFL announced Saturday."
    NYJETSDAN16
    NYJETSDAN16
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by NYJETSDAN16 Sun 11 Jan 2015 - 13:14

Superman55 wrote:
    NickSINYC wrote:

I was following him till I got to the last bullet, then I realized he has no idea what he's talking about.  Anyone who thinks I can't drink beer at 930 AM is clueless.  Forget all his other points based on the last. Smile

"7. Wake up, Jets fans: Instead of beer and burgers, it might be coffee and bagels when the Jets face the Miami Dolphins in London on Oct. 4, Week 4 of the 2015 season. In New York, the game will be played at 9:30 a.m. ET, the NFL announced Saturday."

The NFL has to cut this BS out
    SackExchange
    SackExchange

Post by SackExchange Sun 11 Jan 2015 - 14:32

GratefulJet wrote:One really has to wonder if Marrone made a terrible career mistake quitting his job.
    Maybe, but that offer was too good not to take. I mean, $4 million to quit, when you are coming off the first winning season for your team in more than a decade?
    GratefulJet
    GratefulJet
    Honorary Group Captain

Post by GratefulJet Sun 11 Jan 2015 - 14:58

SackExchange wrote:
    Maybe, but that offer was too good not to take. I mean, $4 million to quit, when you are coming off the first winning season for your team in more than a decade?

Well, if he doesn't land another HC gig, it could backfire on him. He's not some guy who has a long track record of success. I'm just wondering if it has the right optics at this stage in his career. Other teams may back off, and the whole thing could snowball. A year goes by while he does this consulting thing, and if he still can't get a HC job, he has to find a coordinator job somewhere, or go back to college.
    SackExchange
    SackExchange

Post by SackExchange Sun 11 Jan 2015 - 15:03

GratefulJet wrote:
    SackExchange wrote:

Well, if he doesn't land another HC gig, it could backfire on him. He's not some guy who has a long track record of success. I'm just wondering if it has the right optics at this stage in his career. Other teams may back off, and the whole thing could snowball.  A year goes by while he does this consulting thing, and if he still can't get a HC job, he has to find a coordinator job somewhere, or go back to college.
    You may be right. It was a no-brainer to take the money, but the optics aren't good.
    GratefulJet
    GratefulJet
    Honorary Group Captain

Post by GratefulJet Sun 11 Jan 2015 - 15:07

SackExchange wrote:
    GratefulJet wrote:
    SackExchange wrote:

Well, if he doesn't land another HC gig, it could backfire on him. He's not some guy who has a long track record of success. I'm just wondering if it has the right optics at this stage in his career. Other teams may back off, and the whole thing could snowball.  A year goes by while he does this consulting thing, and if he still can't get a HC job, he has to find a coordinator job somewhere, or go back to college.
    You may be right. It was a no-brainer to take the money, but the optics aren't good.

It's hard to even imagine having a $4M golden parachute just sitting there, calling out your name over and over, and all you have to do to have it is say "take this job and shove it!"   Can't say I wouldn't have done the same thing he did, especially if he was unhappy with the way things were shaping up.
    Hunter07
    Navigator
    Navigator

Post by Hunter07 Fri 16 Jan 2015 - 16:56

Marrone has canceled his Saturday (tommorrow) interview with the Broncs. - This will NOT sit well with Mr. Elway ...
    cysporsche
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by cysporsche Sat 17 Jan 2015 - 12:14

Guy's are you kidding, Marrone committed career suicide ! It will take him years to ever get a chance to coach another NFL team. We are not talking about him quitting a normal job like the rest of us, we are talking about a 4 million plus perks a year job as an NFL coach. There are only 32 jobs like that in the Country. He thought he was getting the Jet job and he crashed & burned !

Go Jets...Cyborg
    cysporsche
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by cysporsche Sat 17 Jan 2015 - 12:18

Superman55 wrote:

The GM didn't respect him when it came to personnel decisions and he decided he couldn't stay with a GM that didn't except his input.  We've all had some bad bosses, and I look at it as a toxic relationship he wanted to move on from.  Whether he become our coach or not, if one hates coming to work every day because his input isn't taken into consideration, I can't hold it against him for walking away from that situation.

The GM had already publicly pushed EJ back as the starting QB w/o even having a coach in place to give his two cents...I honestly think this GM is on a bit of a power trip and needs a puppet HC.  I can't blame Marrone for not wanting to be "that guy."

55, affraid I can't imagine you having a toxic working relationship with a Boss or co-worker ? You seem to be respectful and get along with everyone on this board. cheers

Go Jets...Cyborg
    Seaver
    Seaver
    Pilot
    Pilot

Post by Seaver Mon 19 Jan 2015 - 12:22

SackExchange wrote:

what did he stand to make if they fired him?
    NickSINYC
    NickSINYC
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

Post by NickSINYC Mon 19 Jan 2015 - 15:49

Superman55
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Superman55 Mon 19 Jan 2015 - 16:03

cysporsche wrote:
    Superman55 wrote:

The GM didn't respect him when it came to personnel decisions and he decided he couldn't stay with a GM that didn't except his input.  We've all had some bad bosses, and I look at it as a toxic relationship he wanted to move on from.  Whether he become our coach or not, if one hates coming to work every day because his input isn't taken into consideration, I can't hold it against him for walking away from that situation.

The GM had already publicly pushed EJ back as the starting QB w/o even having a coach in place to give his two cents...I honestly think this GM is on a bit of a power trip and needs a puppet HC.  I can't blame Marrone for not wanting to be "that guy."

55, affraid   I can't imagine you having a toxic working relationship with a Boss or co-worker ? You seem to be respectful and get along with everyone on this board. cheers

Go Jets...Cyborg

I couldn't be your boss...spending all day saying, "you know who we should hire?  Urban Meyer."  I can see you at your desk now when you're not talking Panther football or about the 4-3 defense...

Marrone opts out at Buffalo - headed for the Jets??? ... - Page 9 Homer-simpson-asleep-at-work1
    SackExchange
    SackExchange

Post by SackExchange Mon 19 Jan 2015 - 16:14

rotflmao
    cysporsche
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by cysporsche Tue 20 Jan 2015 - 11:37

Superman55 wrote:
    cysporsche wrote:
    Superman55 wrote:

55, affraid   I can't imagine you having a toxic working relationship with a Boss or co-worker ? You seem to be respectful and get along with everyone on this board. cheers

Go Jets...Cyborg

I couldn't be your boss...spending all day saying, "you know who we should hire?  Urban Meyer."  I can see you at your desk now when you're not talking Panther football or about the 4-3 defense...

Marrone opts out at Buffalo - headed for the Jets??? ... - Page 9 Homer-simpson-asleep-at-work1

55, If you couldn't repost tweets or paste & copy football stories from others, or repeat everything you hear on Sirius NFL radio, you'd have no knowledge of football @ all. All you like to do is argue & fight with fellow posters on this supposedly "nicer kinder" Jet board. Are you still suspended from the Jets Insider board, I don't see you over there anymore ?

Go Jets...Cyborg
    SackExchange
    SackExchange

Post by SackExchange Tue 20 Jan 2015 - 12:48

OK, everyone relax. Settle down.

If you don't want this board to be like the old one, don't keep up the bickering. Drop it.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu 9 May 2024 - 22:14