Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A New Community for Jets Fans

+17
GratefulJet
Superman55
Digwin
NCgreen12
Metjetgal
The Wicker Man
LIJETFAN
soj
NickSINYC
lnap23
football51
SackExchange
Seaver
Old#15
cysporsche
Blindsidebrick
Sarge
21 posters

Rumored Names: Quinn, Bowles, Cable, Reich, Kubiak

Poll

Of this group, who do you prefer?

[ 9 ]
    Rumored Names: Quinn, Bowles, Cable, Reich, Kubiak - Page 6 Bar_left50%Rumored Names: Quinn, Bowles, Cable, Reich, Kubiak - Page 6 Bar_right [50%] 
    [ 8 ]
    Rumored Names: Quinn, Bowles, Cable, Reich, Kubiak - Page 6 Bar_left44%Rumored Names: Quinn, Bowles, Cable, Reich, Kubiak - Page 6 Bar_right [44%] 
    [ 0 ]
    Rumored Names: Quinn, Bowles, Cable, Reich, Kubiak - Page 6 Bar_left0%Rumored Names: Quinn, Bowles, Cable, Reich, Kubiak - Page 6 Bar_right [0%] 
    [ 1 ]
    Rumored Names: Quinn, Bowles, Cable, Reich, Kubiak - Page 6 Bar_left6%Rumored Names: Quinn, Bowles, Cable, Reich, Kubiak - Page 6 Bar_right [6%] 
    [ 0 ]
    Rumored Names: Quinn, Bowles, Cable, Reich, Kubiak - Page 6 Bar_left0%Rumored Names: Quinn, Bowles, Cable, Reich, Kubiak - Page 6 Bar_right [0%] 

Total Votes: 18
    Sarge
    Sarge
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Rumored Names: Quinn, Bowles, Cable, Reich, Kubiak - Page 6 Empty Re: Rumored Names: Quinn, Bowles, Cable, Reich, Kubiak

Post by Sarge Sun 4 Jan 2015 - 21:16

I guess we can eliminate Kubiak since he refuses to interview during the playoffs

Current ranking of most likely hires of Jets announced candidates

1 -Doug Marrone
    2 - Dan Quinn
    3 - Todd Bowles
    4 - Frank Reich
    5 - Tom Cable
    6 - Gary Kubiak
    7 - Anthony Lynn
    hobson54
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Rumored Names: Quinn, Bowles, Cable, Reich, Kubiak - Page 6 Empty Re: Rumored Names: Quinn, Bowles, Cable, Reich, Kubiak

Post by hobson54 Mon 5 Jan 2015 - 16:41

take it fwiw, but there was mention on the michigan board that jim mora jr was supposed to interview with the jets either tomorrow or wednesday. source seems to be some article on the ucla scout board

http://ucla.scout.com/story/1499038-is-mora-to-the-nfl-a-real-possibility?s=12

Sarge
    Sarge
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Sarge Mon 5 Jan 2015 - 16:44

Wouldn't surprise me if Mora interviewed for us, Atlanta, or 49ers

Um....meant Oakland, not Atlanta
    Superman55
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Superman55 Mon 5 Jan 2015 - 17:10

Superman55 wrote:I expect Carolina to run all over Arizona and this be an easy Panthers win.  The last two games vs 9ers and Seattle, Kaepernick, Wilson, and the run games racked up 473 rushing yards.  Could you imagine watching back-to-back games against division rivals and your top D giving up 473 on the ground?  I bet Cam and Stewart have a monster game this week and Bowles to become available.

I think a team will move fast on him.

Not sure how closely people watched the Panthers game, but Cam remains awful. He was consistently faked out by false pressure by Arizona and rushed too many throws or threw off his back foot and failed to drive the ball.

This week those same fake pressure and back foot throws will lead to more easy INTs and a blow out loss in Seattle.

Carolina's seasons ends in a whimper this week.
    Superman55
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Superman55 Mon 5 Jan 2015 - 17:14

Sarge wrote:Wouldn't surprise me if Mora interviewed for us, Atlanta, or 49ers

Sirius radio confirms Mora to interview tomorrow with Jets and Mike Shanahan interviewed with Raiders yesterday...the team he was fired from after 1 year...
    cysporsche
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by cysporsche Mon 5 Jan 2015 - 17:20

Superman55 wrote:
    Superman55 wrote:I expect Carolina to run all over Arizona and this be an easy Panthers win.  The last two games vs 9ers and Seattle, Kaepernick, Wilson, and the run games racked up 473 rushing yards.  Could you imagine watching back-to-back games against division rivals and your top D giving up 473 on the ground?  I bet Cam and Stewart have a monster game this week and Bowles to become available.

Not sure how closely people watched the Panthers game, but Cam remains awful.  He was consistently faked out by false pressure by Arizona and rushed too many throws or threw off his back foot and failed to drive the ball.

This week those same fake pressure and back foot throws will lead to more easy INTs and a blow out loss in Seattle.

Yeah yeah yeah, but they keep winning, so keep whining about Cam sucking, Luke sucking, the Panthers sucking.... Mad

Go Jets...Cyborg
    NickSINYC
    NickSINYC
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

Post by NickSINYC Mon 5 Jan 2015 - 17:27

Superman55 wrote:

Sirius radio confirms Mora to interview tomorrow with Jets and Mike Shanahan interviewed with Raiders yesterday...the team he was fired from after 1 year...

Dennis Waszak Jr.Verified account
    ‏@DWAZ73
    As for #Jets HC search, there's a report out there, but nothing is planned with UCLA coach Jim Mora, as far as an interview, meeting, etc.
    Superman55
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Superman55 Mon 5 Jan 2015 - 17:30

NickSINYC wrote:
    Superman55 wrote:

Dennis Waszak Jr.Verified account
    ‏@DWAZ73
    As for #Jets HC search, there's a report out there, but nothing is planned with UCLA coach Jim Mora, as far as an interview, meeting, etc.

Mehta and Cimini just tweeted same thing.
    Superman55
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Superman55 Mon 5 Jan 2015 - 17:31

cysporsche wrote:
    Superman55 wrote:

Not sure how closely people watched the Panthers game, but Cam remains awful.  He was consistently faked out by false pressure by Arizona and rushed too many throws or threw off his back foot and failed to drive the ball.

Yeah yeah yeah, but they keep winning, so keep whining about Cam sucking, Luke sucking, the Panthers sucking.... Mad

Go Jets...Cyborg

See you in a week...pretty sure I predicted a big day from Cam and Stewart against Bowles defense.
    Sarge
    Sarge
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Sarge Tue 6 Jan 2015 - 10:41

So, if Reich interviews Wednesday,  the coaching search will be done, barring some unknown candidate or last minute addition.

Interviewed

Anthony Lynn - Jets Asst
    Doug Marrone - ex Bills HC
    Todd Bowles - Arizona DC
    Dan Quinn - Seattle DC
    Tom Cable - Seattle Asst
    Frank Reich - San Diego OC

Assuming Lynn isn't going to get it and assuming Reich will go to Buffalo, that leaves

Marrone
    Quinn
    Cable
    Bowles

Marrone is from NYC and Quinn and Bowles are Jersey Boys.  Cable is from out west somewhere

You gotta figure if Marrone did ok on the interview, he will be hired Thursday. If Marrone bombed it, then Quinn or Bowles will be hired

Likely Coach / GM combos

HC Marrone / GM MacCagnan (or Mueller)
    HC Bowles / GM Graves
    HC Quinn / GM Kirschner

I predict a press conference on Friday, even if it's Quinn
    Superman55
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Superman55 Tue 6 Jan 2015 - 10:44

Sarge wrote:So, if Reich interviews Wednesday,  the coaching search will be done, barring some unknown candidate or last minute addition.

Interviewed

Anthony Lynn - Jets Asst
    Doug Marrone - ex Bills HC
    Todd Bowles - Arizona DC
    Dan Quinn - Seattle DC
    Tom Cable - Seattle Asst
    Frank Reich - San Diego OC

Assuming Lynn isn't going to get it and assuming Reich will go to Buffalo, that leaves

Marrone
    Quinn
    Cable
    Bowles

Marrone is from NYC and Quinn and Bowles are Jersey Boys.  Cable is from out west somewhere

You gotta figure if Marrone did ok on the interview, he will be hired Thursday. If Marrone bombed it, then A Quinn or Bowles will be hired

Likely Coach / GM combos

HC Marrone / GM MacCagnan (or Mueller)
    HC Bowles / GM Graves
    HC Quinn / GM Kirschner

I predict a press conference on Friday, even if it's Quinn

Dont you think QUinn annd Bowles knowing NFC West makes SF more attractive than the Jets? Have to think those two looking hard at that job, IMO.
    football51
    football51
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by football51 Tue 6 Jan 2015 - 15:50

Here's a Quinn article that Cimini wrote one year ago that he just brought attention to.

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/jets/post/_/id/35119/jerseys-quinn-returns-home-as-rising-star
    football51
    football51
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by football51 Tue 6 Jan 2015 - 16:02

football51
    football51
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by football51 Tue 6 Jan 2015 - 16:24

Peter KingVerified account
    ‏@SI_PeterKing
    As one person, a longtime NFL exec who has been in many coach interviews, told me: "Dan Quinn is the most impressive candidate I have seen."
    Sarge
    Sarge
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Sarge Tue 6 Jan 2015 - 16:27

Maybe Quinn's Jersey roots will work in our favor if we decide to go with him
    football51
    football51
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by football51 Tue 6 Jan 2015 - 16:42

From the NY Post.

Todd Bowles, Cardinals defensive coordinator
    For: The 51-year-old led a strong defense in the desert this year. The Cardinals finished fifth in the NFL in scoring defense (18.7 points per game). He served as interim head coach of the Dolphins for three games in 2011. A New Jersey native who spent a year with the Jets in 2000, Bowles might be attracted to the job.

Against: He only has been a defensive coordinator for 2 ½ years (he took over midway through 2012 with the Eagles). As good as the Cardinals were at keeping teams out of the end zone, they gave up a ton of yards. They finished 24th in total defense and 29th against the pass.

29th against the pass? And we keep hearing cries from Jets fans about Cromartie?

GratefulJet
    GratefulJet
    Honorary Group Captain

Post by GratefulJet Tue 6 Jan 2015 - 22:11

Depending on who you listen to, Marrone's interview was excellent or he failed to close the deal. Quinn is the most impressive or just one of several good candidates. Reich is a perfect fit in Buffalo or he's going to hit it out of the park with the Jets.

The biggest positive from all the coverage so far is that none of these reporters seems to have a clue what is really going on. I hope whoever gets the GM and HC jobs are able to maintain this level of discipline with respect to the media.
    Blindsidebrick
    Honorary Wing Commander
    Honorary Wing Commander

Post by Blindsidebrick Tue 6 Jan 2015 - 22:40

Boomer Esiason weighs in:

"I don't take anything that paper (the NYDN) says about the Jets seriously, because it's 100% agenda-driven, and it's so painfully obvious...Unfortunately sometimes even the most innocuous, wrong-stated opinion becomes the narrative. Look what's happening to Doug Marrone. He's a good coach, and I believe he makes a lot of sense for the Jets head coaching position".

It's nice to see that it's not just fans seeing this bullcrap.
    Superman55
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Superman55 Tue 6 Jan 2015 - 23:16

GratefulJet wrote:Depending on who you listen to, Marrone's interview was excellent or he failed to close the deal. Quinn is the most impressive or just one of several good candidates. Reich is a perfect fit in Buffalo or he's going to hit it out of the park with the Jets.

The biggest positive from all the coverage so far is that none of these reporters seems to have a clue what is really going on. I hope whoever gets the GM and HC jobs are able to maintain this level of discipline with respect to the media.

Agreed
    GratefulJet
    GratefulJet
    Honorary Group Captain

Post by GratefulJet Wed 7 Jan 2015 - 1:45

Blindsidebrick wrote:Boomer Esiason weighs in:

"I don't take anything that paper (the NYDN) says about the Jets seriously, because it's 100% agenda-driven, and it's so painfully obvious...Unfortunately sometimes even the most innocuous, wrong-stated opinion becomes the narrative. Look what's happening to Doug Marrone. He's a good coach, and I believe he makes a lot of sense for the Jets head coaching position".

He also said he thinks Reich will be a great HC, but counseled him about the corrosive NY media. Reich is becoming more intriguing to me than almost anyone, but I suppose he'll shuffle off to Buffalo.
    Superman55
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Superman55 Wed 7 Jan 2015 - 9:00

GratefulJet wrote:
    Blindsidebrick wrote:Boomer Esiason weighs in:

He also said he thinks Reich will be a great HC, but counseled him about the corrosive NY media. Reich is becoming more intriguing to me than almost anyone, but I suppose he'll shuffle off to Buffalo.

He is very interesting to me, and I had forgot he played here 1 season. What scares me is he has only been an OC 2 years I believe...I think the same is true of Bowles as a DC (could be wrong, I just know it hasnt been that long).

I think my top 3 are Quinn, Marrone, and Bowles at this point...though I wouldnt be upset with Reich.

Also, if it is reich or Shanahan, I wouldnt be surprised if the Bills go Shanahan.
    hobson54
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by hobson54 Wed 7 Jan 2015 - 9:16

Reich has 1 year as OC in SD. Bowles has 3 years as DC (1 in Philly, 2 in Arizona).

Reich may very well turn out to be a good coach, but I'm not sure what is in his resume that stands out so much today to make him such a hot candidate.
    GratefulJet
    GratefulJet
    Honorary Group Captain

Post by GratefulJet Wed 7 Jan 2015 - 9:50

I think he just presents very well in interviews, Hobs, because he's a sharp guy and he communicates well. That's the thing that we can't know, but is going to be such a big factor here. Woody, Casserly and Wolf are having interview after interview, so the resumes will be a minor factor--what will really carry the day will be the guy who interviewed best, and they'll have had a lot of practice putting these candidates through their paces.
    hobson54
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by hobson54 Wed 7 Jan 2015 - 9:52

GratefulJet wrote:I think he just presents very well in interviews, Hobs, because he's a sharp guy and he communicates well.  That's the thing that we can't know, but is going to be such a big factor here. Woody, Casserly and Wolf are having interview after interview, so the resumes will be a minor factor--what will really carry the day will be the guy who interviewed best, and they'll have had a lot of practice putting these candidates through their paces.

that's fair. i've never seen him interviewed, and honestly, had no idea he was an OC until his name started popping up in lists of potential coaches when rex was still on the hot seat. obviously there must be something to him since he's garnering interest from a number of teams.
    Old#15
    Honorary Air Commander
    Honorary Air Commander

Post by Old#15 Wed 7 Jan 2015 - 10:04

I'm starting to think that Reich would be an unorthodox, but very good candidate.  We have seen what QB play means in this league, so why not grab a guy whose specialty is QB play and offense.  I understand that there are many more assets a HC must have, but why not.  We have the basis of a very good if not great defense, and some very good pieces in skill positions on O.  The key with any specialist (QB/OC, DC, etc.) is how they can transition to the next level of coaching.  With the exception of Marrone we don't know how the candidates will handle the HC position.  There will be many questions particularly how well he can recruit quality assistants, game day decision making, media relations, etc.  In my opinion, Reich is as much of a gamble as Quinn or Bowles, but may have a much higher upside. I say take  a shot on him and maybe he becomes our Sean Payton.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun 19 May 2024 - 1:58