Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A New Community for Jets Fans

+17
GratefulJet
Superman55
Digwin
NCgreen12
Metjetgal
The Wicker Man
LIJETFAN
soj
NickSINYC
lnap23
football51
SackExchange
Seaver
Old#15
cysporsche
Blindsidebrick
Sarge
21 posters

Rumored Names: Quinn, Bowles, Cable, Reich, Kubiak

Poll

Of this group, who do you prefer?

[ 9 ]
    Rumored Names: Quinn, Bowles, Cable, Reich, Kubiak - Page 2 Bar_left50%Rumored Names: Quinn, Bowles, Cable, Reich, Kubiak - Page 2 Bar_right [50%] 
    [ 8 ]
    Rumored Names: Quinn, Bowles, Cable, Reich, Kubiak - Page 2 Bar_left44%Rumored Names: Quinn, Bowles, Cable, Reich, Kubiak - Page 2 Bar_right [44%] 
    [ 0 ]
    Rumored Names: Quinn, Bowles, Cable, Reich, Kubiak - Page 2 Bar_left0%Rumored Names: Quinn, Bowles, Cable, Reich, Kubiak - Page 2 Bar_right [0%] 
    [ 1 ]
    Rumored Names: Quinn, Bowles, Cable, Reich, Kubiak - Page 2 Bar_left6%Rumored Names: Quinn, Bowles, Cable, Reich, Kubiak - Page 2 Bar_right [6%] 
    [ 0 ]
    Rumored Names: Quinn, Bowles, Cable, Reich, Kubiak - Page 2 Bar_left0%Rumored Names: Quinn, Bowles, Cable, Reich, Kubiak - Page 2 Bar_right [0%] 

Total Votes: 18
    Sarge
    Sarge
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Rumored Names: Quinn, Bowles, Cable, Reich, Kubiak - Page 2 Empty Re: Rumored Names: Quinn, Bowles, Cable, Reich, Kubiak

Post by Sarge Tue 30 Dec 2014 - 18:07

soj
    Honorary Air Commander
    Honorary Air Commander

Rumored Names: Quinn, Bowles, Cable, Reich, Kubiak - Page 2 Empty Re: Rumored Names: Quinn, Bowles, Cable, Reich, Kubiak

Post by soj Tue 30 Dec 2014 - 18:10

football51 wrote:

Rich Cimini
    ‏@RichCimini
    Frank Reich intriguing name on Jets' HC list. Very smart, good exp. Would get stamp of approval from @7BOOMERESIASON, old college roommie

and he was a dam good QB too when he played!
    football51
    football51
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by football51 Tue 30 Dec 2014 - 18:42

Damien WoodyVerified account
    ‏@damienwoody
    Gotta say….love Dan Quinn as a candidate. Was in NY as DL coach when I was w/ the team and the man is as bright as they come
    Sarge
    Sarge
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Sarge Tue 30 Dec 2014 - 18:55

Looks like Quinn is the belle of the ball this year. Jets, Atlanta, and San Francisco all interviewing him. You have to wonder if he wants to face Seattle and Arizona 4x each year? The lure of SF is they might be the closest team to contending of any team with an opening
    hobson54
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by hobson54 Tue 30 Dec 2014 - 19:19

kind of weird (to me at least) that cable is on the list but not bevell, the OC
    NickSINYC
    NickSINYC
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

Post by NickSINYC Tue 30 Dec 2014 - 19:27

hobson54 wrote:kind of weird (to me at least) that cable is on the list but not bevell, the OC

From what I have read they are somewhat co OCs Cable is in charge of the running game and Bevell handles the passing game. Although Bevell calls the plays Cable is the authority figure in the locker room.
    football51
    football51
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by football51 Tue 30 Dec 2014 - 20:24

Manish Mehta
    ‏@MMehtaNYDN
    Charley Casserly, who is now consulting the Jets, inquired about UCLA head coach Jim Mora's buyout clause/contract language last week #nyj
    Sarge
    Sarge
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Sarge Tue 30 Dec 2014 - 20:30

football51 wrote:

Manish Mehta
    ‏@MMehtaNYDN
    Charley Casserly, who is now consulting the Jets, inquired about UCLA head coach Jim Mora's buyout clause/contract language last week #nyj

I was beginning to wonder if we were going to hear college names in the NFL mix
    LIJETFAN
    Honorary Air Commander
    Honorary Air Commander

Post by LIJETFAN Wed 31 Dec 2014 - 0:29

Frank Reich is really interesting. I think Jets are targeting Quinn. He's from NJ, and was with the Jets before. He is a known commodity. If we went the Seattle route with the GM and coach, I would be happy with that. I think one of the more interesting GM candidates is the guy from Dallas. He flies under the radar, but Dallas has one of the most talented offenses in football by far. He's done a great job.

Of the coaching candidates mentioned, I have never been a fan of Kubiak and think he was no better than average as a HC. Tom Cable makes no sense. I am not sure what that is all about. Jim Mora, Jr. was not that great of head coach as I recall. If the Jets go the college route, they should go after an innovative offensive coach. They are not going to get Saban or Urban Meyer or someone of that stature. But there are other good coaches out there.
    football51
    football51
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by football51 Wed 31 Dec 2014 - 9:33

LIJETFAN wrote:Frank Reich is really interesting.  I think Jets are targeting Quinn.  He's from NJ, and was with the Jets before.  He is a known commodity.  If we went the Seattle route with the GM and coach, I would be happy with that.  I think one of the more interesting GM candidates is the guy from Dallas.  He flies under the radar, but Dallas has one of the most talented offenses in football by far.  He's done a great job.  

Of the coaching candidates mentioned, I have never been a fan of Kubiak and think he was no better than average as a HC.  Tom Cable makes no sense.  I am not sure what that is all about.  Jim Mora, Jr. was not that great of head coach as I recall.  If the Jets go the college route, they should go after an innovative offensive coach.  They are not going to get Saban or Urban Meyer or someone of that stature.  But there are other good coaches out there.  

Just a guess, but I think Cable would be part of Quinn's staff if the Jets hired him. The Jets probably want to hear from Cable about his past as well.
    hobson54
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by hobson54 Wed 31 Dec 2014 - 9:42

football51 wrote:
    LIJETFAN wrote:Frank Reich is really interesting.  I think Jets are targeting Quinn.  He's from NJ, and was with the Jets before.  He is a known commodity.  If we went the Seattle route with the GM and coach, I would be happy with that.  I think one of the more interesting GM candidates is the guy from Dallas.  He flies under the radar, but Dallas has one of the most talented offenses in football by far.  He's done a great job.  

Of the coaching candidates mentioned, I have never been a fan of Kubiak and think he was no better than average as a HC.  Tom Cable makes no sense.  I am not sure what that is all about.  Jim Mora, Jr. was not that great of head coach as I recall.  If the Jets go the college route, they should go after an innovative offensive coach.  They are not going to get Saban or Urban Meyer or someone of that stature.  But there are other good coaches out there.  

Just a guess, but I think Cable would be part of Quinn's staff if the Jets hired him. The Jets probably want to hear from Cable about his past as well.

Cable is an assistant head coach in Seattle, so the Jets couldn't hire him to a coordinator position.
    football51
    football51
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by football51 Wed 31 Dec 2014 - 9:49

hobson54 wrote:
    football51 wrote:

Cable is an assistant head coach in Seattle, so the Jets couldn't hire him to a coordinator position.  

He's the assistant HC/offensive line. We could make him assistant HC/OC and hire a guy for the passing game to mimic the Seattle model Carroll has set up.
    hobson54
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by hobson54 Wed 31 Dec 2014 - 10:17

football51 wrote:
    hobson54 wrote:
    football51 wrote:

He's the assistant HC/offensive line. We could make him assistant HC/OC and hire a guy for the passing game to mimic the Seattle model Carroll has set up.

I don't think the league would allow that. you can't hire another team's coordinator, and an assistant head coach is the same as a coordinator-level position in this regard. it's why teams slap an assistant head coach on guys, to keep them from being poached as a coordinator elsewhere. you can poach a position coach to promote to coordinator, but not if they have the AHC title.
    football51
    football51
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by football51 Wed 31 Dec 2014 - 10:24

I wasn't sure. I just thought that if it represented a promotion, it would be allowed.
    cysporsche
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by cysporsche Wed 31 Dec 2014 - 11:11

Guy's the Jets need to hire the BEST, and Tom Cable is not the best coaching candidate out there. This is what worries me about older consultants like Casserly & Wolf, they are getting referrals from their old cronies out there, that are referring friends.

We don't need a consultants friend, we need the best. How long do you think Tom Cable would last in NY ? They would be flying planes with banners immediately.

Tom Cable would not make my top 100 potential candidates for the Jets. Bang Head

Go Jets...Cyborg
    SackExchange
    SackExchange

Post by SackExchange Wed 31 Dec 2014 - 11:14

As I understand it, assistant head coach is an equivalent position to coordinator, so an AHC could only be hired to HC without permission (or compensation).
    SackExchange
    SackExchange

Post by SackExchange Wed 31 Dec 2014 - 11:16

cysporsche wrote:Guy's the Jets need to hire the BEST, and Tom Cable is not the best coaching candidate out there. This is what worries me about older consultants like Casserly & Wolf, they are getting referrals from their old cronies out there, that are referring friends.

We don't need a consultants friend, we need the best. How long do you think Tom Cable would last in NY ? They would be flying planes with banners immediately.

Tom Cable would not make my top 100 potential candidates for the Jets. Bang Head

Go Jets...Cyborg
    Cable might be well-liked. He's a bit loud and boisterous, and he punches other guys, so he might be popular with many Jets fans.
    football51
    football51
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by football51 Wed 31 Dec 2014 - 11:24

SackExchange
    SackExchange

Post by SackExchange Wed 31 Dec 2014 - 11:30

What if the Jets hire Quinn? What if Milliner, Amaro (on Kiper's all-rookie team), and Pryor (also on Kiper's all-rookie team), along with Richardson, become major contributors?

Quinn was the guy Idzik wanted from the start. If the Jets hire him, and he turns out to be a great HC, and those other guys become major players, it might show that Idzik wasn't as awful as he was made out to be.
    Seaver
    Seaver
    Pilot
    Pilot

Post by Seaver Wed 31 Dec 2014 - 11:49

football51 wrote:

Manish Mehta
    ‏@MMehtaNYDN

oh boy...this one scares me. He wouldn't be bringing much to the table himself. If you bring him in, you have to get a top notch, brilliant OC. All Mora has done with UCLA is have an OC run the pistol. I'm not a big fan of Hundley as NFL pocket QB........and as such what would Mora know about developing a QB?

IMO, he found his niche at the college level.
    football51
    football51
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by football51 Wed 31 Dec 2014 - 11:51

SackExchange wrote:
    What if the Jets hire Quinn? What if Milliner, Amaro (on Kiper's all-rookie team), and Pryor (also on Kiper's all-rookie team), along with Richardson, become major contributors?

Quinn was the guy Idzik wanted from the start. If the Jets hire him, and he turns out to be a great HC, and those other guys become major players, it might show that Idzik wasn't as awful as he was made out to be.

http://www.jetsconfidential.com/news/im-sorry-this-is-a-slap-in-the-face/
    The Wicker Man
    The Wicker Man
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

Post by The Wicker Man Wed 31 Dec 2014 - 11:57

I have no freaking clue, throw a dart and see where it sticks. I guess I'd prefer an "offensive" minded coach
    this time around.
    Metjetgal
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Metjetgal Wed 31 Dec 2014 - 12:41

SackExchange wrote:

And that Woody Johnson is a total boob
    SackExchange
    SackExchange

Post by SackExchange Wed 31 Dec 2014 - 12:45

Metjetgal wrote:
    SackExchange wrote:

And that Woody Johnson is a total boob
    As he would have been if he kept Idzik.

Idzik had to go. But he also deserved to bring in his own HC from the start. If he had hired his own HC, and then made the moves he's made, he could have been held to the same standard of getting the axe after two years.
    soj
    Honorary Air Commander
    Honorary Air Commander

Post by soj Wed 31 Dec 2014 - 12:50

SackExchange wrote:

Sack just wondering how you know Idzik wanted Quinn from the start?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 10 May 2024 - 13:54