Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A New Community for Jets Fans

+17
GratefulJet
Superman55
Digwin
NCgreen12
Metjetgal
The Wicker Man
LIJETFAN
soj
NickSINYC
lnap23
football51
SackExchange
Seaver
Old#15
cysporsche
Blindsidebrick
Sarge
21 posters

Rumored Names: Quinn, Bowles, Cable, Reich, Kubiak

Poll

Of this group, who do you prefer?

[ 9 ]
    Rumored Names: Quinn, Bowles, Cable, Reich, Kubiak - Page 10 Bar_left50%Rumored Names: Quinn, Bowles, Cable, Reich, Kubiak - Page 10 Bar_right [50%] 
    [ 8 ]
    Rumored Names: Quinn, Bowles, Cable, Reich, Kubiak - Page 10 Bar_left44%Rumored Names: Quinn, Bowles, Cable, Reich, Kubiak - Page 10 Bar_right [44%] 
    [ 0 ]
    Rumored Names: Quinn, Bowles, Cable, Reich, Kubiak - Page 10 Bar_left0%Rumored Names: Quinn, Bowles, Cable, Reich, Kubiak - Page 10 Bar_right [0%] 
    [ 1 ]
    Rumored Names: Quinn, Bowles, Cable, Reich, Kubiak - Page 10 Bar_left6%Rumored Names: Quinn, Bowles, Cable, Reich, Kubiak - Page 10 Bar_right [6%] 
    [ 0 ]
    Rumored Names: Quinn, Bowles, Cable, Reich, Kubiak - Page 10 Bar_left0%Rumored Names: Quinn, Bowles, Cable, Reich, Kubiak - Page 10 Bar_right [0%] 

Total Votes: 18
    NickSINYC
    NickSINYC
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

Rumored Names: Quinn, Bowles, Cable, Reich, Kubiak - Page 10 Empty Re: Rumored Names: Quinn, Bowles, Cable, Reich, Kubiak

Post by NickSINYC Tue 13 Jan 2015 - 12:59

Sarge wrote:Interesting note from Mehta of all people on Twitter, Denver can not interview Quinn during Super Bowl bye week, only 2nd interviews are permitted..........cool!

If I remember correctly that 2nd interview needs team approval again so we may get shut out also if the Seahawks want to keep his distractions down
    SackExchange
    SackExchange

Rumored Names: Quinn, Bowles, Cable, Reich, Kubiak - Page 10 Empty Re: Rumored Names: Quinn, Bowles, Cable, Reich, Kubiak

Post by SackExchange Tue 13 Jan 2015 - 13:01

NickSINYC wrote:
    Sarge wrote:Interesting note from Mehta of all people on Twitter, Denver can not interview Quinn during Super Bowl bye week, only 2nd interviews are permitted..........cool!

If I remember correctly that 2nd interview needs team approval again so we may get shut out also if the Seahawks want to keep his distractions down
    That would be unusual, and possibly lead to bashlash from the staff, as the second interview would be during the off week.
    NickSINYC
    NickSINYC
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

Post by NickSINYC Tue 13 Jan 2015 - 13:29

SackExchange wrote:
    NickSINYC wrote:

That would be unusual, and possibly lead to bashlash from the staff, as the second interview would be during the off week.

I don't think they will refuse I just threw it out as a possibility and that the interview was not guaranteed.
    SackExchange
    SackExchange

Post by SackExchange Tue 13 Jan 2015 - 13:59

NickSINYC wrote:
    SackExchange wrote:
    NickSINYC wrote:

I don't think they will refuse I just threw it out as a possibility and that the interview was not guaranteed.
    True, they could. But I would be very surprised if they did.
    Sarge
    Sarge
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Sarge Tue 13 Jan 2015 - 14:11

We may find ourselves in a conundrum.  Let's say we LOVE Dan Quinn but Quinn hasn't given us any sort of commitment.  Then we REALLY LIKE Todd Bowles but Bowles has a 2nd interview with Atlanta.  Do we offer the job to Bowles or do we wait for Quinn, risking losing both our #1 and #2 choices.  

Classic decision analysis situation.

No of course if Quinn has given us the old "wink wink", then all bets are off.
    Superman55
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Superman55 Tue 13 Jan 2015 - 14:14

Elway indirectly alluding to Mike Shanahan...very interesting.
    SackExchange
    SackExchange

Post by SackExchange Tue 13 Jan 2015 - 14:23

Sarge wrote:We may find ourselves in a conundrum.  Let's say we LOVE Dan Quinn but Quinn hasn't given us any sort of commitment.  Then we REALLY LIKE Todd Bowles but Bowles has a 2nd interview with Atlanta.  Do we offer the job to Bowles or do we wait for Quinn, risking losing both our #1 and #2 choices.  

The bird-in-the-hand conundrum.

Not sure. Do you take the chance to get your top guy, or go with your second choice who you can have now?

The tough part is, you can't offer the job to Bowles unless you know he will take it. If you offer it and he goes to Atlanta, you have just now signified to Quinn that you were ready to give the job to another guy.
    football51
    football51
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by football51 Tue 13 Jan 2015 - 14:38

Apparently, Bowles was originally supposed to go to Atlanta first. I wonder if we offer him the job? Manish's "sources" said that Quinn wants the Jets, and the Jets want Quinn. However, I mentioned this before, I'm skeptical. His "sources" are usually player agents. Quinn is repped by Tannenbaum who has a reputation of feeding Mehta information. I'm not sure if it's legit or set up to make the Jets look bad. It's sad that we have this type of coverage.

Ian RapoportVerified account
    ‏@RapSheet
    Big change of plans: #AZCardinals DC Todd Bowles will now head to #NYJ first, then talk with #Falcons. Question is will #Jets let him leave?

‏@RapSheet
    2 years ago, Mike McCoy had a visit to #Chargers, then one with #AZCardinals. SD never let him leave town. Jets may do the same with Bowles

NickSINYC
    NickSINYC
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

Post by NickSINYC Tue 13 Jan 2015 - 14:49

SackExchange wrote:
    Sarge wrote:We may find ourselves in a conundrum.  Let's say we LOVE Dan Quinn but Quinn hasn't given us any sort of commitment.  Then we REALLY LIKE Todd Bowles but Bowles has a 2nd interview with Atlanta.  Do we offer the job to Bowles or do we wait for Quinn, risking losing both our #1 and #2 choices.  

The bird-in-the-hand conundrum.

Not sure. Do you take the chance to get your top guy, or go with your second choice who you can have now?

The tough part is, you can't offer the job to Bowles unless you know he will take it. If you offer it and he goes to Atlanta, you have just now signified to Quinn that you were ready to give the job to another guy.

Good point if we do move on to Bowles it better be a sure thing
    SackExchange
    SackExchange

Post by SackExchange Tue 13 Jan 2015 - 14:50

Will Maccagnan be in on the talks at all?
    football51
    football51
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by football51 Tue 13 Jan 2015 - 14:52

SackExchange wrote:Will Maccagnan be in on the talks at all?

It's been reported that he is taking part in the Bowles interview today.
    NickSINYC
    NickSINYC
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

Post by NickSINYC Tue 13 Jan 2015 - 14:55

football51 wrote:Apparently, Bowles was originally supposed to go to Atlanta first. I wonder if we offer him the job? Manish's "sources" said that Quinn wants the Jets, and the Jets want Quinn. However, I mentioned this before, I'm skeptical. His "sources" are usually player agents. Quinn is repped by Tannenbaum who has a reputation of feeding Mehta information. I'm not sure if it's legit or set up to make the Jets look bad. It's sad that we have this type of coverage.

‏@RapSheet
    Big change of plans: #AZCardinals DC Todd Bowles will now head to #NYJ first, then talk with #Falcons. Question is will #Jets let him leave?

‏@RapSheet
    2 years ago, Mike McCoy had a visit to #Chargers, then one with #AZCardinals. SD never let him leave town. Jets may do the same with Bowles

At this point Quin is still slightly in front for me. I think in part because more of his strategy for the O has come out. I have heard some very good thing about Bowles recently that intrigue me. I would love to hear what Bowles has planned for the O.
    NickSINYC
    NickSINYC
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

Post by NickSINYC Tue 13 Jan 2015 - 14:56

football51 wrote:

Good news. Do we know if they have any past ties?
    football51
    football51
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by football51 Tue 13 Jan 2015 - 14:59

NickSINYC wrote:
    football51 wrote:

I'm not sure, but I read that Bowles wants Chan Gaily as his OC.
    football51
    football51
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by football51 Tue 13 Jan 2015 - 15:01

NickSINYC
    NickSINYC
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

Post by NickSINYC Tue 13 Jan 2015 - 15:12

football51 wrote:
    NickSINYC wrote:
    football51 wrote:

I'm not sure, but I read that Bowles wants Chan Gaily as his OC.

So instead of an ex Bills HC for HC we get one for OC scratch
    football51
    football51
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by football51 Tue 13 Jan 2015 - 15:17

Mike Jurecki
    ‏@mikejurecki
    Hearing Todd Bowles would like to take Cards LB coach Mike Caldwell with him as his defensive coordinator. Bowles visiting the #Jets today.
    football51
    football51
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by football51 Tue 13 Jan 2015 - 15:21

Did the Jets do this just to make sure that Macc could speak with him, or because he is their #1 target?

Mike GarafoloVerified account
    ‏@MikeGarafolo
    Jets will get first crack at 2nd interview w/ Todd Bowles. Jumped in front of Falcons. A bit of a jostle between those teams right now.
    football51
    football51
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by football51 Tue 13 Jan 2015 - 15:23

How soon before Manish goes off?

Mike Jurecki
    ‏@mikejurecki
    Hearing things could be heating up with Todd Bowles and #NYJets. Bowles has been reaching out to potential staff members. #Jets

NickSINYC
    NickSINYC
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

Post by NickSINYC Tue 13 Jan 2015 - 15:25

football51 wrote:How soon before Manish goes off?

Mike Jurecki
    ‏@mikejurecki
    Hearing things could be heating up with Todd Bowles and #NYJets. Bowles has been reaching out to potential staff members. #Jets

He will manage to spin it somehow that us hiring Bowles was Quinn dissing us
    football51
    football51
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by football51 Tue 13 Jan 2015 - 15:41

Kimberley A. MartinVerified account
    ‏@KMart_LI
    Word on Todd Bowles: "Great guy"... "Very smart"... "Beyond competitive"... "Will be a great head coach wherever he lands" #jets #nfl

Kimberley A. Martin @KMart_LI · 5m 5 minutes ago
    One person even told me: "If I'm Mr. Woody Johnson, I'm not letting him leave." #jets #nfl

Sarge
    Sarge
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Sarge Tue 13 Jan 2015 - 15:52

Now I like Mike Caldwell a lot as a player and coach. You look up "hard nosed" in the dictionary and there's a pic of Caldwell. He might not be ready to be a DC under normal circumstances, but with Bowles around, it could work. I even like Chan Gailey as an OC option, but not sure he would be in my Top 5
    NickSINYC
    NickSINYC
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

Post by NickSINYC Tue 13 Jan 2015 - 16:18

football51 wrote:

Kimberley A. MartinVerified account
    ‏@KMart_LI
    Word on Todd Bowles: "Great guy"... "Very smart"... "Beyond competitive"... "Will be a great head coach wherever he lands" #jets #nfl

Kimberley A. Martin @KMart_LI  ·  5m 5 minutes ago
    One person even told me: "If I'm Mr. Woody Johnson, I'm not letting him leave." #jets #nfl

I have all those good things lately plus he is an excellent problem solver.
    NickSINYC
    NickSINYC
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

Post by NickSINYC Tue 13 Jan 2015 - 16:37

Not that it will mean anything to most on here but for the heck of it. I just heard Francesa on his show he is raving about Bowles and thinks he is the way the Jets should go.

Last edited by NickSINYC on Tue 13 Jan 2015 - 16:39; edited 1 time in total
    football51
    football51
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by football51 Tue 13 Jan 2015 - 16:39

NickSINYC wrote:Not that it will mean anything to most on here but for the heck of it. I just hear Francesca on his show he is raving about Bowles and think he is the way the Jets should go.

I could see that. Francesa is a big Parcells guy and Bowles is from that coaching tree.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 10 May 2024 - 9:05