Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A New Community for Jets Fans

+25
NCgreen12
AFA2017
hobson54
GratefulJet
Superman55
HYATT™
danfran
JohnnyBaseball
McJet
soj
football51
LIJETFAN
WilliesDad
DonMaynard
cysporsche
Metjetgal
Old#15
Sarge
jetkwondo
skop
NickSINYC
Seaver
NYJETSDAN16
The Wicker Man
SackExchange
29 posters

Idzik's state of the team

GratefulJet
    GratefulJet
    Honorary Group Captain

Idzik's state of the team - Page 30 Empty Re: Idzik's state of the team

Post by GratefulJet Wed 28 Jan 2015 - 0:38

lnap23 wrote:
    NickSINYC wrote:Brian Costello @BrianCoz
    SEA GM Schneider on Idzik: "I felt bad for him. I think that, it’s just my personal opinion that you should be able to hire a head coach."

I don't feel bad for him... You have choices in life... He could have decided to not take the Jets job because he couldn't hire a coach... But the bottom line is he whiffed so bad on the 2014 draft... and subsequently the team had a terrible season that he had to go as did Rex...  If he drafts Odell Beckham and Geno played average at best we would have made the playoffs...  If I had one the lottery I would be living in Brazil or Argentina or Spain or Puerto Rico maybe Italy.....

Blah blah blah

Exactly.
    NickSINYC
    NickSINYC
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

Post by NickSINYC Wed 28 Jan 2015 - 1:01

GratefulJet wrote:
    lnap23 wrote:
    NickSINYC wrote:Brian Costello @BrianCoz
    SEA GM Schneider on Idzik: "I felt bad for him. I think that, it’s just my personal opinion that you should be able to hire a head coach."

I don't feel bad for him... You have choices in life... He could have decided to not take the Jets job because he couldn't hire a coach... But the bottom line is he whiffed so bad on the 2014 draft... and subsequently the team had a terrible season that he had to go as did Rex...  If he drafts Odell Beckham and Geno played average at best we would have made the playoffs...  If I had one the lottery I would be living in Brazil or Argentina or Spain or Puerto Rico maybe Italy.....

Blah blah blah

Exactly.

I am very happy with the situation the team is in now and would not want to change it.

I will remark on your highlighted statement. It is true he could have outright refused the job.

This is JMO and I can't prove it but I do not believe he took the job without assurances if things didn't work out with Rex he could then hire his own coach. I think Woody went back on that and fired him along with Rex.

I am now done forever commenting on Idzik.
    Seaver
    Seaver
    Pilot
    Pilot

Post by Seaver Wed 28 Jan 2015 - 11:01

other candidates declined to interview because they knew Rex was part of the deal........that's the only reason Idzik got that high on the candidate list - and he took his shot, and got paid handsomely for it. His demise was not because Rex is a bad HC.........he just isn't that bad......but rather Rex couldn't make up for the deficiencies of Idzik and Idzik couldn't make up for what Rex lacked. Neither was good enough at personnel evaluation.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 17 May 2024 - 8:23