Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A New Community for Jets Fans

+21
Pointdexter
lnap23
jetfandreamer
AFA2017
jamesfyo123
McJet
Sarge
cysporsche
GratefulJet
Seaver
Old#15
LIJETFAN
NickSINYC
football51
The Wicker Man
SackExchange
MachinaVerde
HYATT™
NYJETSDAN16
hobson54
Superman55
25 posters

2015 NFL Draft Thread

Sarge
    Sarge
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

2015 NFL Draft Thread - Page 14 Empty Re: 2015 NFL Draft Thread

Post by Sarge Fri 2 Jan 2015 - 19:22

Maybe Cooper will slip to us or one of the mid- 1st round guys will elevate up to a top 5 pick during the Spring
    NickSINYC
    NickSINYC
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

Post by NickSINYC Fri 2 Jan 2015 - 19:38

It's still so early to know where everyone will eventually line up. The all star games and the combine always shakes things up.
    GratefulJet
    GratefulJet
    Honorary Group Captain

Post by GratefulJet Fri 2 Jan 2015 - 22:34

NickSINYC wrote:It's still so early to know where everyone will eventually line up. The all star games and the combine always shakes things up.

So true, and how often does it end that the guys who fly up draft boards because of their combine/Pro Days underperform where they are ultimately taken? It goes both ways, I know, but sometimes people forget a foregettable body of gameday work and get caught up in the workout projection hype.
    NickSINYC
    NickSINYC
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

Post by NickSINYC Fri 2 Jan 2015 - 22:40

GratefulJet wrote:
    NickSINYC wrote:It's still so early to know where everyone will eventually line up. The all star games and the combine always shakes things up.

So true, and how often does it end that the guys who fly up draft boards because of their combine/Pro Days underperform where they are ultimately taken? It goes both ways, I know, but sometimes people forget a foregettable body of gameday work and get caught up in the workout projection hype.

It's very true I don't think the shake up is necessarily a good thing just that it is sure to happen.
    cysporsche
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by cysporsche Sat 3 Jan 2015 - 11:48

I wonder if Amari Cooper WR hurt his current draft status with an below average Bowl game fighting for a National Championship ? Hope he falls to #6.

I also watched Brandon Scherff LT from Iowa in the Tennessee Bowl game, and don't think he's a top 10 pick.
    Pointdexter
    Navigator
    Navigator

Post by Pointdexter Sat 3 Jan 2015 - 12:22

cysporsche wrote:I wonder if Amari Cooper WR hurt his current draft status with an below average Bowl game fighting for a National Championship ? Hope he falls to #6.

I also watched Brandon Scherff LT from Iowa in the Tennessee Bowl game, and don't think he's a top 10 pick.

I'm also a little skeptical on Scherff. He just wasn't as dominating as guys like Joe Thomas or an Orlando Pace and those are the only guys I would consider using a top 10 pick on from that position. Again, I will remind people of how many 1st rounders the Patriots have spent on OL in the Bellicheck era.

Regarding Cooper, he remains the most "sure thing" of any WR in the draft. He is guaranteed to be good, but may not be great. The name no one is talking about is Dorial Green Beckham. He's the most physically gifted WR by a mile and is an AJ Green clone. Troubled off the field though.
    Superman55
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Superman55 Sat 3 Jan 2015 - 12:41

Pointdexter wrote:
    cysporsche wrote:I wonder if Amari Cooper WR hurt his current draft status with an below average Bowl game fighting for a National Championship ? Hope he falls to #6.

I'm also a little skeptical on Scherff.  He just wasn't as dominating as guys like Joe Thomas or an Orlando Pace and those are the only guys I would consider using a top 10 pick on from that position.  Again, I will remind people of how many 1st rounders the Patriots have spent on OL in the Bellicheck era.

Regarding Cooper, he remains the most "sure thing" of any WR in the draft.  He is guaranteed to be good, but may not be great.  The name no one is talking about is Dorial Green Beckham.  He's the most physically gifted WR by a mile and is an AJ Green clone.  Troubled off the field though.  

I thought Tennessee owned both lines of scrimmage yesterday. Their freshman and sophomore classes are awesome. Agreed Scherff and Iowa as a team disappointed.
    cysporsche
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by cysporsche Mon 5 Jan 2015 - 17:08

If for some reason Amari Cooper WR is off the board, and we decide to pass on Jameis Winston QB, what about snagging the best CB in the draft ? We complained all season about our CB play.

1) Ifo Ekpre-Olomu CB / Oregon 5'10"/195 - Was ranked the #1 CB until his recent knee injury.

2) Ronald Darby CB / Florida State 5'11"/195 - If Darby declares for the draft, he might be a good choice. He was a 5 star top recruit out of H.S.. He is a team captain for the Noles, and supposed to be a super kid. He's a gym rat, and one of the fastest players in all of College football. He'd look nice opposite Milliner, with McDougle in the slot.

Go Jets...Cyborg
    Superman55
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Superman55 Mon 5 Jan 2015 - 17:28

cysporsche wrote:If for some reason Amari Cooper WR is off the board, and we decide to pass on Jameis Winston QB, what about snagging the best CB in the draft ? We complained all season about our CB play.

1) Ifo Ekpre-Olomu CB / Oregon 5'10"/195 - Was ranked the #1 CB until his recent knee injury.

2) Ronald Darby CB / Florida State 5'11"/195 - If Darby declares for the draft, he might be a good choice. He was a 5 star top recruit out of H.S.. He is a team captain for the Noles, and supposed to be a super kid. He's a gym rat, and one of the fastest players in all of College football. He'd look nice opposite Milliner, with McDougle in the slot.

Go Jets...Cyborg

Pointdexter could give the best breakdown of Darby. Pretty sure he's seen every game Darby has played at FSU.
    cysporsche
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by cysporsche Mon 5 Jan 2015 - 17:54

Superman55 wrote:
    cysporsche wrote:If for some reason Amari Cooper WR is off the board, and we decide to pass on Jameis Winston QB, what about snagging the best CB in the draft ? We complained all season about our CB play.

Go Jets...Cyborg

Pointdexter could give the best breakdown of Darby.  Pretty sure he's seen every game Darby has played at FSU.

Pointdexter is still in mourning after the Florida St. smackdown ! Thank God I don't bet anymore, because I had FL.ST. & the Tide to win and play for the National Championship game. Mad

Go Jets...Cyborg
    Superman55
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Superman55 Mon 5 Jan 2015 - 18:01

Winston was, is, and will always be a turd sandwich.  Pray we stay far away.  I know Pointdexter loves him (and hated EJ when he came out), but a guy picked so often on throws over 5 yards (1 in every 10 playing in sunny Florida) and wins the way he does scream Vince Young to me.  Plus he doesn't love football, and I hate players who don't love the game.
    GratefulJet
    GratefulJet
    Honorary Group Captain

Post by GratefulJet Mon 5 Jan 2015 - 20:19

Go Jets...Cyborg

Ifo: A 5'10" CB with an injured knee, with the #6 overall pick? Cy, come on man. Ifo was a guy with a lot of questions due to his size before the injury. Darby might be interesting, but haven't studied him yet. I would expect a CB at that slot to have a 5-star rating athletically, and ideally also be at least 6' tall. Basically the next Revis, which I wonder if either of these guys can ever be.
    GratefulJet
    GratefulJet
    Honorary Group Captain

Post by GratefulJet Mon 5 Jan 2015 - 22:16

If the rumor that Jameis Winston is staying in school is true, I think Bryce Petty becomes the consensus #2 QB prospect in the draft. Lot of teams need a QB. Will someone fall in love with him enough to take him top 10?
    Superman55
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Superman55 Mon 5 Jan 2015 - 23:32

GratefulJet wrote:If the rumor that Jameis Winston is staying in school is true, I think Bryce Petty becomes the consensus #2 QB prospect in the draft. Lot of teams need a QB. Will someone fall in love with him enough to take him top 10?

I hope its true, just to reduce the probability of us taking him.

I wonder if Jimbo and FSU even want him back. Maybe he can get kicked out of more homecoming pep rallies and kicked out of more practices, beat more women on campus, and find cooler stuff to steal than crabs...who wouldn't want Van Wilder back on campus starting at QB waiting for the next shoe to drop?
    Sarge
    Sarge
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Sarge Mon 5 Jan 2015 - 23:35

GratefulJet wrote:If the rumor that Jameis Winston is staying in school is true, I think Bryce Petty becomes the consensus #2 QB prospect in the draft. Lot of teams need a QB. Will someone fall in love with him enough to take him top 10?

Jameis' handlers probably gave him good advice.  He's toxic right now - another year in school could elevate him to a #1 pick in 2016

Plus another year in school means more free crab legs
    Superman55
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Superman55 Mon 5 Jan 2015 - 23:59

Sarge wrote:

Jameis' handlers probably gave him good advice.  He's toxic right now - another year in school could elevate him to a #1 pick in 2016

Plus another year in school means more free crab legs

rotflmao
    Pointdexter
    Navigator
    Navigator

Post by Pointdexter Tue 6 Jan 2015 - 9:32

Superman55 wrote:

I wonder if Jimbo and FSU even want him back.  Maybe he can get kicked out of more homecoming pep rallies and kicked out of more practices, beat more women on campus, and find cooler stuff to steal than crabs...who wouldn't want Van Wilder back on campus starting at QB waiting for the next shoe to drop?

Please provide us the links that shows where he got kicked out of a pep rally, kicked out of practice, and beat women on campus.  Of course, I can save everyone the suspense of waiting because THEY DON'T EXIST.  Those things never happened.

Not sure what your agenda is with Winston or FSU.  You also went WAY over the top with your criticism of Benjamin last year.

I get Winston isn't everyone's cup of tea but at least stick to actual legitimate criticisms, not made up ones by you.

And for the record, the kid LOVES football.  He's a field and film rat.  Not sure where you got that either.

*I will make one concession that it is true that Jameis got kicked out of practice ONCE. But not for acting up or being a punk, etc. This was purely a football move as Coach Fisher didn't like the way he was executing in the 2 minute drill. It was clearly a motivational tool he used for his team. Sorry if that doesn't mesh with your agenda though.

"Fisher says he took issue with how Winston was performing during a two-minute drill and sent the quarterback to the locker room." "It was just a point I thought I needed to make to him at the present time as a young guy, and like I say, sometimes you have to be their coach. You can't be their friend," he said.

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/fisher-kicked-winston-out-practice-bcs

Last edited by Pointdexter on Tue 6 Jan 2015 - 10:21; edited 1 time in total
    Pointdexter
    Navigator
    Navigator

Post by Pointdexter Tue 6 Jan 2015 - 9:45

Go Jets...Cyborg

I'm not as high on Darby as I am the guy played opposite him, PJ Williams. Darby may be (slightly) the better cover guy but he is average at best in run support. PJ is terrific as an enforcer in the run game and a top notch blitzer from his corner position. He's a playmaker in many ways.

The best compliment I can give to Darby is that he didn't see many balls come to his side. He can blanket his guy. Just not as physical and durable as I would like for a corner taken in the first or 2nd round.
    GratefulJet
    GratefulJet
    Honorary Group Captain

Post by GratefulJet Tue 6 Jan 2015 - 9:48

Thanks, Poindexter. Smart physicality is so important in the league these days. 5'9-10" boys are fine in the slot, but you need at least one man out on the corner. Williams is the guy from FSU that will go first.
    Old#15
    Honorary Air Commander
    Honorary Air Commander

Post by Old#15 Tue 6 Jan 2015 - 10:11

Superman55 wrote:
    Pointdexter wrote:

I'm also a little skeptical on Scherff.  He just wasn't as dominating as guys like Joe Thomas or an Orlando Pace and those are the only guys I would consider using a top 10 pick on from that position.  Again, I will remind people of how many 1st rounders the Patriots have spent on OL in the Bellicheck era.

Regarding Cooper, he remains the most "sure thing" of any WR in the draft.  He is guaranteed to be good, but may not be great.  The name no one is talking about is Dorial Green Beckham.  He's the most physically gifted WR by a mile and is an AJ Green clone.  Troubled off the field though.  

I thought Tennessee owned both lines of scrimmage yesterday.  Their freshman and sophomore classes are awesome.  Agreed Scherff and Iowa as a team disappointed.

Watch Vols next year with another top 10 recruiting class (currently #5 for 2015) and the growth of their alien-looking QB Dobbs. Definitely a team on the rise, but I digress.
    Superman55
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Superman55 Tue 6 Jan 2015 - 10:27

Pointdexter wrote:
    Superman55 wrote:

I wonder if Jimbo and FSU even want him back.  Maybe he can get kicked out of more homecoming pep rallies and kicked out of more practices, beat more women on campus, and find cooler stuff to steal than crabs...who wouldn't want Van Wilder back on campus starting at QB waiting for the next shoe to drop?

Please provide us the links that shows where he got kicked out of a pep rally, kicked out of practice, and beat women on campus.  Of course, I can save everyone the suspense of waiting because THEY DON'T EXIST.  Those things never happened.

Not sure what your agenda is with Winston or FSU.  You also went WAY over the top with your criticism of Benjamin last year.

I get Winston isn't everyone's cup of tea but at least stick to actual legitimate criticisms, not made up ones by you.

And for the record, the kid LOVES football.  He's a field and film rat.  Not sure where you got that either.

Are you kidding?

Winston assaulting woman on campus while teammates watched:

http://www.universityherald.com/articles/9774/20140605/jameis-winstons-teammates-who-witnessed-alleged-sexual-assault-will-not-be-expelled-or-kicked-off-team.htm

Kicked out of practice for not taking practice seriously and thinking everything is about him:

https://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-dr-saturday/jimbo-fisher-kicked-jameis-winston-practice-bcs-championship-164027352--ncaaf.html

Here's your last request of him getting suspended for yelling at students:

" Jameis Winston just jumped on a table in the union and yelled "fuck her right in the pussy."

http://deadspin.com/jameis-winston-yells-fuck-her-right-in-the-pussy-kil-1635466887

Do we want to include when he got suspended from the baseball team at FSU?

http://jacksonville.com/breaking-news/2014-04-30/story/florida-state-qb-jameis-winston-handed-citation-shoplifting-crab-legs

Jimbo himself says Winston loves himself and kicked him out of practice because he was so annoyed with Winston half assing it in practice...

You can think Winston loves football...based on the above, he does a lot more to not play football than play football. My bet is, he loves himself a lot more than he loves football...

Also on me being wrong about Benjamin, I was, just like you were wrong in saying Lee would be drafted higher than Ebron. We were both right about Manual. Moncreif will be better than Lee too, you'll be wrong about that prediction too I think. We're all right and wrong about prospects, it doesnt bother me you point that out. I could be wrong about Winston too, but he has a lot of Vince Young in him as a prospect...you can think he's the next Vick...I dont want that either. He's no Luck or Wilson though, IMO.

Saying i dont like winston and you like winston is fine, we'll both talk about it again in a year (it doesnt matter who turns out being right, I prefer you saying you like him than all the people on here too scared to admit they like or dont like something and sit on the fence their entire life and want to wait 10 years after the fact to say I like this or not)...but you pretending none of the above exists doesnt make sense to me.

Pointdexter
    Navigator
    Navigator

Post by Pointdexter Tue 6 Jan 2015 - 11:14

My problem with you is that you don't just stick to the facts. You sensationalize everything. Hell, I will take it a step further and say you twist the facts that fit your narrative. Case in point:

1) Jameis gets kicked out of practice ONCE. You say it's because he was "half-assing". Reality is that there is nothing that backs up that narrative. I already quoted above that Jimbo said he didn't like how Jameis was executing and most likely used it as a motivational tool for his team. What I didn't post is how Jimbo praised Jameis for waiting for him after practice and having a discussion about the situation to get better. You just take something so small and run with it to fit your narrative.

2.) You say Jameis got kicked out of a pep rally. Reality: Jameis was walking through the student union on a normal class day and decided to jump on a table and be a college kid by yelling a popular internet meme. I'm sure you never quoted "Jackass" or Eddie Murphy or Dave Chappelle, when you were 20yrs old, amongst friends, right? It was slightly vulgar and a bad decision considering who he is on that campus, but hardly criminal. Either way, it is a LONG SHOT from "getting kicked out of a pep rally". LOL. You stretched this one so far it is comical.

3) In my opinion, this is the worst and boarders on slander. You say "Jameis beats women". That is absurdly and embarrassingly false. You use a link of sexual assault (that he was found not guilty of) to back up your claim. This is so wrong on so many levels. Let's ignore that the accuser's story has more holes than swiss cheese for a second. Let's ignore that the DA declined to even press charges in the first place. Let's ignore that retired Supreme Court Chief Justice Major Harding found no evidence of a crime in the student code of conduct hearing. Even with all of that you somehow turned ONE accusation from ONE woman into "Jameis beats women". Shame on you for for so blatantly altering the truth. He was accused of rape, not physically beating, ONE woman. For you to so blatantly and ridiculously twist that into being a serial woman beater is sad. Unfortunately it seems to not matter to you that, in this ONE incident, neither the state DA nor the esteemed Major Harding could find any evidence to corroborate the accuser's story.

In short, take your agenda driven bullshit spreader somewhere else. This board is too good, too fair, too objective, for one poster to go and ruin it. You want to criticize Winston? Fine. Just stick to reality and there is certainly enough material where you shouldn't have to embellish and fabricate.
    Blindsidebrick
    Honorary Wing Commander
    Honorary Wing Commander

Post by Blindsidebrick Tue 6 Jan 2015 - 11:28

If Winston is guilty of anything, it's probably being a little over the top as a college kid. I wasn't a Boy Scout in college, so I'm not going to judge. Yes, he's a high profile football player with a lot on the line, but it sure sounds like a lot of this stuff is bigger with him because of his name. Newsflash: twenty year boys act like fools sometimes.

My issue with Winston has more to do with that last football game I just witnessed. He looked bad.
    hobson54
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by hobson54 Tue 6 Jan 2015 - 11:29

point - you hearing anything on the FSU side on reports/rumors that winston may stay in school another year?

personally, i'm very leery of him, especially being thrust into the NY spotlight and being seen as the "savior" of the team. i think the media campaign we are seeing right now in some quarters wrt marrone pales in comparison with what would happen if he got drafted by the jets. and i'm not sold on him being a top nfl QB even disregarding all his "baggage". so i'd be happy to see him either stay in school or be off the board by the time we pick.
    Sarge
    Sarge
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Sarge Tue 6 Jan 2015 - 11:33

Winston is just a dumb ass kid from some redneck backwater of Alabama just like I was a dumb ass kid from some redneck backwater of Alabama at that age. The only difference is his stupidity is on national display while my stupidity was known to only a select few

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 26 Apr 2024 - 19:51