A New Community for Jets Fans


    Geno Smith

    Share

    Old#15
    Honorary Air Commander
    Honorary Air Commander

    Posts : 317
    Points : 6221
    Join date : 2014-09-11
    Location : maryland US

    Re: Geno Smith

    Post by Old#15 on Tue 3 Feb 2015 - 10:52

    The new regime will also include an OC whose spread system is what Geno is most comfortable with, so I wouldn't write him off just yet. Gailey has also made some very average QBs look pretty good. I will not say that Geno is the long term answer, but he will be part of a competition that he has a fighting chance to win.
    avatar
    NYJETSDAN16
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

    Posts : 405
    Points : 11767
    Join date : 2014-09-06
    Location : Howard Beach, Queens NEW YORK....SON!

    Re: Geno Smith

    Post by NYJETSDAN16 on Tue 3 Feb 2015 - 10:58

    Old#15 wrote:The new regime will also include an OC whose spread system is what Geno is most comfortable with, so I wouldn't write him off just yet.  Gailey has also made some very average QBs look pretty good.  I will not say that Geno is the long term answer, but he will be part of a competition that he has a fighting chance to win.  

    Sure, he'll have a fighting chance to win until the other guys start throwing.  Sorry brother, Geno could be comfortable with any system, he will still cost the team many many games, no matter who he has around him or who is coaching him.  As Coach Bowles said in his press conference, "Geno is a GREAT college QB".  Tebow was also a great College QB.  David Klingler was also a GREAT college QB.  Andre Ware was also a Great college QB.  Geno falls right there. Gotta read between the lines, Bowles wants an upgrade and Macagnan will suplly him with one this off season. The way this franchise and this fan base merit the most.

    To your point as well, if he's not the long term answer then why not look else where? I'am more than sure this is what management has in mind.  Geno will compete because he is under contract, but when the dust settles, he will not be starting in '15.

    Old#15
    Honorary Air Commander
    Honorary Air Commander

    Posts : 317
    Points : 6221
    Join date : 2014-09-11
    Location : maryland US

    Re: Geno Smith

    Post by Old#15 on Tue 3 Feb 2015 - 11:57

    NYJETSDAN16 wrote:
    Old#15 wrote:The new regime will also include an OC whose spread system is what Geno is most comfortable with, so I wouldn't write him off just yet.  Gailey has also made some very average QBs look pretty good.  I will not say that Geno is the long term answer, but he will be part of a competition that he has a fighting chance to win.  

    Sure, he'll have a fighting chance to win until the other guys start throwing.  Sorry brother, Geno could be comfortable with any system, he will still cost the team many many games, no matter who he has around him or who is coaching him.  As Coach Bowles said in his press conference, "Geno is a GREAT college QB".  Tebow was also a great College QB.  David Klingler was also a GREAT college QB.  Andre Ware was also a Great college QB.  Geno falls right there. Gotta read between the lines, Bowles wants an upgrade and Macagnan will suplly him with one this off season.  The way this franchise and this fan base merit the most.

    To your point as well, if he's not the long term answer then why not look else where? I'am more than sure this is what management has in mind.  Geno will compete because he is under contract, but when the dust settles, he will not be starting in '15.

    I didn't say he is not the answer, check my post. Unlike you, I'm not an expert in future happenings, that's why I say he could be. The truth is neither of us know for sure.
    avatar
    SackExchange
    Moderator
    Moderator

    Posts : 1092
    Points : 42429
    Join date : 2014-08-29
    Age : 42

    Re: Geno Smith

    Post by SackExchange on Tue 3 Feb 2015 - 13:48

    Dan does have a tendency to make presumptions of failure for Geno. He is very rah-rah with every other Jet, at least as I can remember. That is why his Geno hatred, and it is hatred, is so out-of-character.

    Old#15
    Honorary Air Commander
    Honorary Air Commander

    Posts : 317
    Points : 6221
    Join date : 2014-09-11
    Location : maryland US

    Re: Geno Smith

    Post by Old#15 on Tue 3 Feb 2015 - 15:10

    I have been around way too long and know better than to speak in absolutes, particularly in regards to this subject matter. To me, Geno Smith is interesting/intriguing because he has the physical talent, is physically tough, tough-minded (not to be discounted in this market), and has put it together in flashes. What remains to be seen is whether those flashes are just a tease, or is he one of those guys that it takes a while. I honestly don't think anyone can answer that right now.
    avatar
    NickSINYC
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

    Posts : 1235
    Points : 10668
    Join date : 2014-09-01

    Re: Geno Smith

    Post by NickSINYC on Wed 4 Feb 2015 - 2:14

    No surprise. Sounds like Mallett may be high on our wishlist.

    Source: Geno Smith not guaranteed to start, Jets will draft or sign QB competition

    Old#15
    Honorary Air Commander
    Honorary Air Commander

    Posts : 317
    Points : 6221
    Join date : 2014-09-11
    Location : maryland US

    Re: Geno Smith

    Post by Old#15 on Wed 4 Feb 2015 - 7:01

    NickSINYC wrote:No surprise. Sounds like Mallett may be high on our wishlist.

    Source: Geno Smith not guaranteed to start, Jets will draft or sign QB competition

    That would be a good thing. Throw them out there and let it play out.
    avatar
    NickSINYC
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

    Posts : 1235
    Points : 10668
    Join date : 2014-09-01

    Re: Geno Smith

    Post by NickSINYC on Wed 4 Feb 2015 - 7:17

    Old#15 wrote:
    NickSINYC wrote:No surprise. Sounds like Mallett may be high on our wishlist.

    Source: Geno Smith not guaranteed to start, Jets will draft or sign QB competition

    That would be a good thing.  Throw them out there and let it play out.

    I have said many time and all who know me know I have a QB type. Ryan Mallett fits my mold. So if it happens I am in his corner.

    Old#15
    Honorary Air Commander
    Honorary Air Commander

    Posts : 317
    Points : 6221
    Join date : 2014-09-11
    Location : maryland US

    Re: Geno Smith

    Post by Old#15 on Wed 4 Feb 2015 - 8:24

    NickSINYC wrote:
    Old#15 wrote:
    NickSINYC wrote:No surprise. Sounds like Mallett may be high on our wishlist.

    Source: Geno Smith not guaranteed to start, Jets will draft or sign QB competition

    That would be a good thing.  Throw them out there and let it play out.

    I have said many time and all who know me know  I have a QB type. Ryan Mallett fits my mold. So if it happens I am in  his corner.

    I'm told that Gailey likes a mobile QB, does Mallett possess the athleticism to fit that mold?
    avatar
    football51
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

    Posts : 1343
    Points : 12891
    Join date : 2014-09-02

    Re: Geno Smith

    Post by football51 on Wed 4 Feb 2015 - 14:51

    Old#15 wrote:
    NickSINYC wrote:
    Old#15 wrote:
    NickSINYC wrote:No surprise. Sounds like Mallett may be high on our wishlist.

    Source: Geno Smith not guaranteed to start, Jets will draft or sign QB competition

    That would be a good thing.  Throw them out there and let it play out.

    I have said many time and all who know me know  I have a QB type. Ryan Mallett fits my mold. So if it happens I am in  his corner.

    I'm told that Gailey likes a mobile QB, does Mallett possess the athleticism to fit that mold?




    No, he's like Bledsoe.



    Nick, I ddin't see that you put the Mallett link here. I reposted it in the 2015 Jets qb thread. You beat me to it Very Happy .
    avatar
    NickSINYC
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

    Posts : 1235
    Points : 10668
    Join date : 2014-09-01

    Re: Geno Smith

    Post by NickSINYC on Wed 4 Feb 2015 - 16:14

    football51 wrote:
    Old#15 wrote:
    NickSINYC wrote:
    Old#15 wrote:
    NickSINYC wrote:No surprise. Sounds like Mallett may be high on our wishlist.

    Source: Geno Smith not guaranteed to start, Jets will draft or sign QB competition

    That would be a good thing.  Throw them out there and let it play out.

    I have said many time and all who know me know  I have a QB type. Ryan Mallett fits my mold. So if it happens I am in  his corner.

    I'm told that Gailey likes a mobile QB, does Mallett possess the athleticism to fit that mold?




    No, he's like Bledsoe.



    Nick, I ddin't see that you put the Mallett link here. I reposted it in the 2015 Jets qb thread. You beat me to it Very Happy .

    As long as a QB can move around in the pocket and is big and strong armed I am happy. Mallett fits the bill. I don't need a running QB.

    Being out west I have an advantage on late articles but you blow me away on the early ones. Cheers
    avatar
    NickSINYC
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

    Posts : 1235
    Points : 10668
    Join date : 2014-09-01

    Re: Geno Smith

    Post by NickSINYC on Thu 5 Feb 2015 - 16:50

    New York Jets @nyjets · 21m 21 minutes ago
    “I’m going to come back with a vengeance.”

    @GenoSmith7 1-on-1 with @eallenjets- bit.ly 1Dj9wCu

    Blindsidebrick
    Honorary Wing Commander
    Honorary Wing Commander

    Posts : 401
    Points : 2920
    Join date : 2014-09-05

    Re: Geno Smith

    Post by Blindsidebrick on Thu 5 Feb 2015 - 17:51

    NickSINYC wrote:New York Jets @nyjets  ·  21m 21 minutes ago
    “I’m going to come back with a vengeance.”

    @GenoSmith7 1-on-1 with @eallenjets- bit.ly 1Dj9wCu  

    He'd better. Because this is it. He's gonna get a training camp competition from someone else, and not only does he have to win that, but he's gotta put together a winning season.

    avatar
    NYJETSDAN16
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

    Posts : 405
    Points : 11767
    Join date : 2014-09-06
    Location : Howard Beach, Queens NEW YORK....SON!

    Re: Geno Smith

    Post by NYJETSDAN16 on Sat 7 Feb 2015 - 12:56

    SackExchange wrote:Dan does have a tendency to make presumptions of failure for Geno. He is very rah-rah with every other Jet, at least as I can remember. That is why his Geno hatred, and it is hatred, is so out-of-character.


    It's out of character because Geno is god awul Sack. How many opportunities will we give a failed 2nd rounder?  It's not hatered, it's reality.  My judgement comes from what i've seen in two years.

    I couldn't care less what Geno does in his personal Life, but as a QB, Geno just doesn't cut it.  This is why Macagnan is doing the right thing here.  It's not that i "See things in the future" as 15 eluded to, it's just the facts.  This new Regime knows it cannot place all of their chips on a failed project.

    There's a reason why they're bringing in competition.  Ryan Mallett is one of many that Mac will look into as well as the draft.  It's an overall competition.  Unfortunaltley Geno will be in the mix and will take away snaps from other QB's that are unknown that have potential.

    We all know Geno's potential. He's regressed with a better supporting cast around him.  Funny now many felt it was coaching and think Gailey's offense will suit him better.  If the guy is horrible, he's horrible.

    As far as "Presumptions": Have you looked at the tape on Geno last year when it mattered? Not "presumptions" they're facts.  Geno cannot handle pressure whatsoever.  Yet, when there is nothing to play for his stats go through the roof, ala the last Miami game, in which some how it has persuaded many Jets fans to give this guy, yet again  another shot.  SMH.

    How many Fans have said last year, "Lets give GENO this season so we can legitamatley come to the conclusion if he's the answer?"  The Answer is MANY Sack. In his 2nd years he was benched in game and for a full game just to be placed back into the starting lineup, forced by John Idzik to give this guy a 2nd chance to redeem himself.  The result:  The same as when he was benched.  Now we have to trash another season in 2015?

    Sorry folks, there is no chance in hell that this management will go down that road especially with Woody Johnson who wants to win and coming off his worst year as an NFL owner.
    avatar
    NYJETSDAN16
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

    Posts : 405
    Points : 11767
    Join date : 2014-09-06
    Location : Howard Beach, Queens NEW YORK....SON!

    Re: Geno Smith

    Post by NYJETSDAN16 on Sat 7 Feb 2015 - 13:13

    Blindsidebrick wrote:
    NickSINYC wrote:New York Jets @nyjets  ·  21m 21 minutes ago
    “I’m going to come back with a vengeance.”

    @GenoSmith7 1-on-1 with @eallenjets- bit.ly 1Dj9wCu  

    He'd better. Because this is it. He's gonna get a training camp competition from someone else, and not only does he have to win that, but he's gotta put together a winning season.



    Geno's all talk.  1st he said he's ready for the next step before last years training camp.  Then when he stunk it up, he stated he's shown "Pro Bowl" flashes.  

    Vengeance?! Now that's some funny stuff. If he has anything to prove, Display it not talk about it.

    Sponsored content

    Re: Geno Smith

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Sat 21 Oct 2017 - 6:31