Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A New Community for Jets Fans

+14
Marac
McJet
Blindsidebrick
NYJETSDAN16
football51
Old#15
Sarge
SackExchange
cysporsche
AFA2017
hobson54
Superman55
Hunter07
The Wicker Man
18 posters

2015 NFL Playoff thread

Poll

Who are you rooting for in the playoffs?

[ 0 ]
    2015 NFL Playoff thread - Page 8 Bar_left0%2015 NFL Playoff thread - Page 8 Bar_right [0%] 
    [ 1 ]
    2015 NFL Playoff thread - Page 8 Bar_left17%2015 NFL Playoff thread - Page 8 Bar_right [17%] 
    [ 0 ]
    2015 NFL Playoff thread - Page 8 Bar_left0%2015 NFL Playoff thread - Page 8 Bar_right [0%] 
    [ 2 ]
    2015 NFL Playoff thread - Page 8 Bar_left33%2015 NFL Playoff thread - Page 8 Bar_right [33%] 
    [ 0 ]
    [ 0 ]
    [ 2 ]
    2015 NFL Playoff thread - Page 8 Bar_left33%2015 NFL Playoff thread - Page 8 Bar_right [33%] 
    [ 1 ]
    2015 NFL Playoff thread - Page 8 Bar_left17%2015 NFL Playoff thread - Page 8 Bar_right [17%] 

Total Votes: 6
    Poll closed
    football51
    football51
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

2015 NFL Playoff thread - Page 8 Empty Re: 2015 NFL Playoff thread

Post by football51 Thu 22 Jan 2015 - 18:12

Tom Rock retweeted
    Bob Glauber @BobGlauber · 1h 1 hour ago
    ESPN's Mark Brunell on Tom Brady's remarks in presser: "I just didn't believe what Tom Brady had to say."

Tom Rock @TomRock_Newsday · 1h 1 hour ago
    Brady: "This isn't ISIS. No one's dying. We'll get through this."

"Word?" —Aaron Hernandez

2015 NFL Playoff thread - Page 8 B7_JAeMCAAAaWPL

football51
    football51
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by football51 Thu 22 Jan 2015 - 18:17

Albert Breer @AlbertBreer · 2h 2 hours ago
    Tom Brady asked if he's a cheater: "I don't believe so. I believe I've always played within the rules." Shocked

I guess he forgot SpyGate. Hopefully, during media week, he'll be reminded.
    NickSINYC
    NickSINYC
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

Post by NickSINYC Thu 22 Jan 2015 - 18:19

Hows this for a theory? Inflate the footballs with warm air give them to the ref to check them everything will be OK After cooling the pressure will be lower. Deflated ball. I heard some professor I didn't catch his name mention that theory.
    football51
    football51
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by football51 Thu 22 Jan 2015 - 18:36

NickSINYC wrote:Hows this for a theory? Inflate the footballs with warm air give them to the ref to check them everything will be OK After cooling the pressure will be lower. Deflated ball. I heard some professor I didn't catch his name mention that theory.

Wouldn't be surprised. That would point more to Belichick being the main culprit. Not sure Brady would think of that.
    GratefulJet
    GratefulJet
    Honorary Group Captain

Post by GratefulJet Thu 22 Jan 2015 - 18:52

football51 wrote:
    NickSINYC wrote:Hows this for a theory? Inflate the footballs with warm air give them to the ref to check them everything will be OK After cooling the pressure will be lower. Deflated ball. I heard some professor I didn't catch his name mention that theory.

Wouldn't be surprised. That would point more to Belichick being the main culprit. Not sure Brady would think of that.
    To be honest, I would have to tip my hat to whoever thought of that one.
    SackExchange
    SackExchange

Post by SackExchange Thu 22 Jan 2015 - 20:50

OK, I have to say, this is ridiculous. We get Mehta, Cimini, guys like that. The Pats get homers like this:

http://www.csnne.com/new-england-patriots/curran-time-nfl-stop-deflategate-madness?p=ya5nbcs&ocid=yahoo

And this:

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2015/01/20/sports-illustrated-writer-takes-belichick-cheating-accusations-to-new-absurd-levels/

THIS is what drives me crazy. The Jets writers CONSTANTLY crucify the team, even when it's winning. These guys act like the biggest drunk homer fans the team has. They are nothing but blind homers who will suck up to the fans by taking their tinfoil-hat, "Goodell and the NFL are out to get the Pats" view of everything. Belichick would NEVER cheat. Of course Brady knew nothing about it. And anyone who thinks the Pats may have done anything wrong is just a jealous hater.

Journalism was already dead, but these guys are piling dirt on the grave.
    SackExchange
    SackExchange

Post by SackExchange Thu 22 Jan 2015 - 20:54

Oh, and here's another one. This dates back to the Packers game the Pats lost, and it's yet a third Pats writer. The basic argument in this piece is that the Pats deliberately lost to the Packers because they knew they'd play the Packers in the Super Bowl, and they wanted to give them a false sense of confidence.

Seriously. That's what it says:

http://www.boston.com/sports/columnists/wilbur/2014/12/in_patriots_loss_to_the_packers_bill_belichick_lul.html

Can ANYONE imagine Jets writers acting like this AFTER A LOSS?!?
    Blindsidebrick
    Honorary Wing Commander
    Honorary Wing Commander

Post by Blindsidebrick Thu 22 Jan 2015 - 22:55

SackExchange wrote:OK, I have to say, this is ridiculous. We get Mehta, Cimini, guys like that. The Pats get homers like this:

http://www.csnne.com/new-england-patriots/curran-time-nfl-stop-deflategate-madness?p=ya5nbcs&ocid=yahoo

And this:

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2015/01/20/sports-illustrated-writer-takes-belichick-cheating-accusations-to-new-absurd-levels/

THIS is what drives me crazy. The Jets writers CONSTANTLY crucify the team, even when it's winning. These guys act like the biggest drunk homer fans the team has. They are nothing but blind homers who will suck up to the fans by taking their tinfoil-hat, "Goodell and the NFL are out to get the Pats" view of everything. Belichick would NEVER cheat. Of course Brady knew nothing about it. And anyone who thinks the Pats may have done anything wrong is just a jealous hater.

Journalism was already dead, but these guys are piling dirt on the grave.

It's more disgusting. The only thing worse than beat writers looking for a reason to blast the home team for their own twisted reasons, is the polar opposite: beat writers who defend the home team by all means possible.

Anyone who didn't smell the horse manure coming from NE today was already biased towards the Pats to begin with. That had cover-up written all over it. Spygate, and now this pathetic display of deception. The Patriots organization is a black eye on the league. I wouldn't wanna be Goodell right now.
    SackExchange
    SackExchange

Post by SackExchange Fri 23 Jan 2015 - 10:44

Every NE sports outlet has rallied around the Pats, blasting the league and anyone who would dare cast aspersions against their precious Pats.

NESN, Comcast SportsNet New England, WEEI, CBS Boston, all of them.
    NickSINYC
    NickSINYC
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

Post by NickSINYC Fri 23 Jan 2015 - 13:35

SackExchange wrote:Every NE sports outlet has rallied around the Pats, blasting the league and anyone who would dare cast aspersions against their precious Pats.

NESN, Comcast SportsNet New England, WEEI, CBS Boston, all of them.

I would not have expected anything different from them. They are as loyal as our press is hateful or maybe more.
    NickSINYC
    NickSINYC
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

Post by NickSINYC Fri 23 Jan 2015 - 14:01

NFL made statement sound like they are bringing in a law firm to help with the investigation. Looks to me like they will drag this out until after the SB
    NickSINYC
    NickSINYC
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

Post by NickSINYC Fri 23 Jan 2015 - 14:04

The statement is below in full:

"Our office has been conducting an investigation as to whether the footballs used in last Sunday’s AFC Championship Game complied with the specifications that are set forth in the playing rules. The investigation began based on information that suggested that the game balls used by the New England Patriots were not properly inflated to levels required by the playing rules, specifically Playing Rule 2, Section 1, which requires that the ball be inflated to between 12.5 and 13.5 pounds per square inch. Prior to the game, the game officials inspect the footballs to be used by each team and confirm that this standard is satisfied, which was done before last Sunday’s game.

"The investigation is being led jointly by NFL Executive Vice President Jeff Pash and Ted Wells of the law firm of Paul Weiss. Mr. Wells and his firm bring additional expertise and a valuable independent perspective. The investigation began promptly on Sunday night. Over the past several days, nearly 40 interviews have been conducted, including of Patriots personnel, game officials, and third parties with relevant information and expertise. We have obtained and are continuing to obtain additional information, including video and other electronic information and physical evidence. We have retained Renaissance Associates, an investigatory firm with sophisticated forensic expertise to assist in reviewing electronic and video information.

"The playing rules are intended to protect the fairness and integrity of our games. We take seriously claims that those rules have been violated and will fully investigate this matter without compromise or delay. The investigation is ongoing, will be thorough and objective, and is being pursued expeditiously. In the coming days, we expect to conduct numerous additional interviews, examine video and other forensic evidence, as well as relevant physical evidence. While the evidence thus far supports the conclusion that footballs that were under-inflated were used by the Patriots in the first half, the footballs were properly inflated for the second half and confirmed at the conclusion of the game to have remained properly inflated. The goals of the investigation will be to determine the explanation for why footballs used in the game were not in compliance with the playing rules and specifically whether any noncompliance was the result of deliberate action. We have not made any judgments on these points and will not do so until we have concluded our investigation and considered all of the relevant evidence.

"Upon being advised of the investigation, the Patriots promptly pledged their full cooperation and have made their personnel and other information available to us upon request. Our investigation will seek information from any and all relevant sources and we expect full cooperation from other clubs as well. As we develop more information and are in a position to reach conclusions, we will share them publicly."

Full Article
    SackExchange
    SackExchange

Post by SackExchange Fri 23 Jan 2015 - 14:10

There is one line in the NFL's statement that proves it was deliberate.

"While the evidence thus far supports the conclusion that footballs that were under-inflated were used by the Patriots in the first half, the footballs were properly inflated for the second half and confirmed at the conclusion of the game to have remained properly inflated."

This proves that the weather conditions had nothing to do with it, or else the footballs used in the second half would have similarly deflated.
    NickSINYC
    NickSINYC
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

Post by NickSINYC Fri 23 Jan 2015 - 14:16

SackExchange wrote:There is one line in the NFL's statement that proves it was deliberate.

"While the evidence thus far supports the conclusion that footballs that were under-inflated were used by the Patriots in the first half, the footballs were properly inflated for the second half and confirmed at the conclusion of the game to have remained properly inflated."

This proves that the weather conditions had nothing to do with it, or else the footballs used in the second half would have similarly deflated.

The weather was discounted by me when all the Colt balls we found to be OK but this corroborates that fact.
    SackExchange
    SackExchange

Post by SackExchange Fri 23 Jan 2015 - 14:30

Barometric pressure impacted only one sideline, for only one half. That is a localized pressure system!
    football51
    football51
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by football51 Fri 23 Jan 2015 - 14:52

HYATT™
    HYATT™
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by HYATT™ Fri 23 Jan 2015 - 16:22

cysporsche wrote:
    GratefulJet wrote:Now that the final 8 teams are set, do you have a favorite? I am kind of liking Cy's other team, the Panthers. Love the way their defense is playing, and if Newton can just play within himself, they should have enough weapons on offense to do some damage. Cam is obviously hurting, so kinda hard to root against him out there.

Of course, I will be rooting for whoever is playing the Patriots as well. I also like the Packers, because Aaron Rodgers is just so good at QB. I think Seattle has to be the favorite at this point, but I don't follow the Vegas line, so could be off there.

LOL, Even though I live in NC, and my old company has 4 killer PSL seats of which I've attended numerous games, I don't want any of my Jet family to think I'm another Hyatt, that loves multiple teams (Packers, Jets, Jags). I don't go or post on the Panther board. They don't even know who I am.

Now that we have my team loyalty down, I will be rooting for the Panthers. They are quite the underdog story, losing Jordan Gross LT to an unexpected early retirement, then more injuries than most NFL teams, Cam's bad car accident and broken back, and now HC Ron Riveria's home burning down last week. That just sounds like a story to good to be true. I do realistically think their chances are slim to none beating the World Champs in their home stadium, and now their stud DT Star Lotulelei is out with a broken foot.

Besides rooting for the biggest underdog the Panthers, I will root for any team facing the Patriots.

Go Jets...Cyborg
    You seem to forget, that first and foremost HYATT™ is a fan of PROFESSIONAL NFL football - or WAS, at least.
    As of right now I am so thoroughly disgusted by the blatant game fixing and cheating going on I can no longer find it in me to bother getting excited about anything that occurs in this sham of a league.
    Here's to hoping the NFL cleans up it's act, kicks out the game fixing officials, and FINALLY returns to the honorable roots of it's predecessors.
    They can start by firing that idjut commissioner, Evil-EL, and bringing in someone who can find his own balls with a microscope.
    hobson54
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by hobson54 Fri 23 Jan 2015 - 16:35

call me cynical HYATT, but me thinks that if your beloved cheeseheads didn't choke away the game last week that you would have a little more interest in the league and the super bowl next weekend
    HYATT™
    HYATT™
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by HYATT™ Fri 23 Jan 2015 - 16:59

hobson54 wrote:call me cynical HYATT, but me thinks that if your beloved cheeseheads didn't choke away the game last week that you would have a little more interest in the league and the super bowl next weekend
    You are cynical.
    I stopped posting on the Packers board immediately after GB beat DAL.
    The overturning of the Dez Bryant catch was the last straw for HYATT™.
    Yes, MY team got the benefit of the call, but the GAME suffered for it.
    The "fixing" is now so blatant that I am dumbfounded how anyone can believe any longer in the "integrity" of the game in the NFL.

I was a denier for years, I simply could not give credence to those "conspiracy nuts" who claim the games are being rigged.
    No longer.
    It really started for me after the triple "fix" in OT in New Orleans in 2009.
    The NFL came as close to confessing the officials threw that game to the Saints as they are likely to ever admit.
    Then in 2010 the DET Lions and the Megatron rule started REALLY making as mockery of officiating, the Packers somehow backed into the playoffs as the #6 seed through a series of inexplicable wins and losses around the NFC, and the NFL games just started showing up as so "improbable" at times as to defy belief.

In 2012 we had the inexplicable delay that allowed everyone to get back on script and give the APPEARANCE of a close game, after BAL ran away with a 28-6 lede before the lights went out.
    The lights went out on a recently upgraded to DOUBLE FAULT PROTECTION system, designed to prevent exactly what DID occur.
    SF CEO, Jed York, hilariously posted this tweet:
    "There is no conspiracy. I pulled the plug."

The Megatron Rule was a BAD call in 2010 when Megatron CLEARLY completed the catch and it was a bad call in Lambeau 2 weeks ago when Dez Bryant also caught his ball - coming on the heels of yet ANOTHER bad call against DET the week before, that changed the outcome of that WC game.
    That Dez Bryant catch being overturned caused $300 MILLION dollars to change hands in Las Vegas - by their own admission.

I am now 100% in the "conspiracy nutjob" camp.
    The NFL is an ongoing corporate criminal enterprise, which the SCotUS gave license to run amok and do as they please after tossing out Mayer v Belichick.
    It now has all the credibility of a high school theatrical production, and is just as scripted.

cysporsche
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by cysporsche Fri 23 Jan 2015 - 17:35

Hyatt, You sound like a spoiled kid picking up his football and leaving because his feelings were hurt ! Yes that was a tough collapse by the Pack to watch, but when your Coach McCarthy put your offense into a prevent offense, by taking the ball out of Aaron Rodgers hands, you lost it before the fake field goal. The Hawks gave you numerous opportunities to put them away, and you did not take advantage. Packers blew it, officials had nothing to do with your loss. You guy's got lucky on the Dez Bryant catch, so technically the Cowboys got screwed, not the Packers !

My quick response to your other conspiracy theory of the Ref's and the league being crooked or fixed, I'm not buying it Dude. This job is not their primary jobs, with many Refs being Doctor's & Lawyer's (not that their honest!), so I don't think they're looking for extra coin.

I do believe in favoritism, let's see what the Commish hands down to Belicheat, Brady & the Pats. Troy Aikman said today that Patriot punishment should be the same as what the Saints got ?
    Money is no object to any of them, but strip them of their #1 pick for the next 3 years where it will hurt most.

Go Jets...Cyborg
    hobson54
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by hobson54 Fri 23 Jan 2015 - 18:46

HYATT™ wrote:
    hobson54 wrote:call me cynical HYATT, but me thinks that if your beloved cheeseheads didn't choke away the game last week that you would have a little more interest in the league and the super bowl next weekend
    You are cynical.
    I stopped posting on the Packers board immediately after GB beat DAL.
    The overturning of the Dez Bryant catch was the last straw for HYATT™.
    Yes, MY team got the benefit of the call, but the GAME suffered for it.
    The "fixing" is now so blatant that I am dumbfounded how anyone can believe any longer in the "integrity" of the game in the NFL.

so the nfl fixed the cowboys-packers game in order to send the packers to the nfc championship over the cowboys???  that makes no sense from a business perspective, if one were to assume that the nfl was fixing games.  why would they prefer the small market packers, even with their storied history, over the most popular team in the land - the cowboys?  there are cowboys fans in every city in the country.  the packers have a small, regional following.  one would think the league would do everything in its power to get the cowboys into the SB.
    Blindsidebrick
    Honorary Wing Commander
    Honorary Wing Commander

Post by Blindsidebrick Fri 23 Jan 2015 - 18:55

I don't believe there's a conspiracy either. The rules change, and it's reflected in how these calls are made after instant replay. Now I do believe that Dez Bryant caught that ball. My eyes convinced me of it. But the way the rule's written, technically, it was the "right" call. Even though it's a bad rule that should be changed.

Regarding favoritism, I do believe that Kraft and Goodell are buddies. And I do believe that any trouble that the Patriots get into will be handled with consideration of that friendship. This latest crap with the footballs is another example of the Patriots trying to be sneaky by "bending the rules" to get a little advantage. The league so desperately wants their Golden Child Franchise to be squeaky clean, but they've shown they are anything but that. Goodell's response to this (punitively) will speak volumes.

If the Patriots get a slap on the wrist, all hell's gonna break loose.
    football51
    football51
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by football51 Fri 23 Jan 2015 - 19:38

Bart Hubbuch @BartHubbuch  ·  4h 4 hours ago
    Goodall wrote in the aftermath of Spygate that the NFL shouldn't need a true smoking gun to punish cheaters. Hmm ...

2015 NFL Playoff thread - Page 8 B8EAzQVIYAEOCn_
    SackExchange
    SackExchange

Post by SackExchange Fri 23 Jan 2015 - 20:34

I personally know an NFL official, so I will stop short of any conspiracy talk.

I think the Pats are more likely to get favorable treatment from the league for several reasons. For one, Kraft is one of the big three when it comes to Goodell favorites in ownership, along with the ownerships of the Giants and Steelers. Kraft is also on the board at Viacom. The Pats, meanwhile, have a unique economic partnership with CBS in the form of Patriots Place.

The league is, first and foremost, a business. All of these factors suggest the business relationship is more important than a completely level playing field, although the league has to appear to have such equality on the field.
    cysporsche
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by cysporsche Sat 24 Jan 2015 - 11:26

I really can't see the Commish & league office breaking bad on the Patriots before the Super Bowl ? I think the punishment (slap on the wrist), will come down after the SB ? They keep saying the punishment is coming any day ?

I'm afraid this whole deal is going to fire up Brady even more. Go Seahawks !

Go Jets...Cyborg

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 26 Apr 2024 - 21:03