Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A New Community for Jets Fans

+14
Marac
McJet
Blindsidebrick
NYJETSDAN16
football51
Old#15
Sarge
SackExchange
cysporsche
AFA2017
hobson54
Superman55
Hunter07
The Wicker Man
18 posters

2015 NFL Playoff thread

Poll

Who are you rooting for in the playoffs?

[ 0 ]
    2015 NFL Playoff thread - Page 11 Bar_left0%2015 NFL Playoff thread - Page 11 Bar_right [0%] 
    [ 1 ]
    2015 NFL Playoff thread - Page 11 Bar_left17%2015 NFL Playoff thread - Page 11 Bar_right [17%] 
    [ 0 ]
    2015 NFL Playoff thread - Page 11 Bar_left0%2015 NFL Playoff thread - Page 11 Bar_right [0%] 
    [ 2 ]
    2015 NFL Playoff thread - Page 11 Bar_left33%2015 NFL Playoff thread - Page 11 Bar_right [33%] 
    [ 0 ]
    [ 0 ]
    [ 2 ]
    2015 NFL Playoff thread - Page 11 Bar_left33%2015 NFL Playoff thread - Page 11 Bar_right [33%] 
    [ 1 ]
    2015 NFL Playoff thread - Page 11 Bar_left17%2015 NFL Playoff thread - Page 11 Bar_right [17%] 

Total Votes: 6
    Poll closed
    football51
    football51
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

2015 NFL Playoff thread - Page 11 Empty Re: 2015 NFL Playoff thread

Post by football51 Tue 27 Jan 2015 - 17:34

cysporsche wrote:What worries me, even though they cheated and are now blaming a ball boy (a wealthy ball boy), is the Patriots are going to make a stand against the NFL by winning the SB. Anytime they get pushed in the corner, they come out swinging. I hope the Seahawks kick their a$$es, but I'm worried !

Also not sure where to post this, but I could not figure out why I could not get on the old Scout board that has been taken over by Jets Insider the last couple of days ? Come to find out that they charge over $80 something to belong there ? Were you guy's paying all this time ? They said I had not paid since 2009 ? They also said that I had disputed my last bill back then ? Is our old site a scam or what ? I was wondering where you guy's had gone from over there on the dark side. That site is getting brutal. That makes 20K post I had made or started over there that will go away ! Anyone else experience not getting back on that site ?

Go Jets...Cyborg

That's their premium section. I just tried the site and can get on without an issue. Now, that place is a dump now, so I left quickly Very Happy .
    football51
    football51
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by football51 Tue 27 Jan 2015 - 18:37

Blindsidebrick
    Honorary Wing Commander
    Honorary Wing Commander

Post by Blindsidebrick Tue 27 Jan 2015 - 19:42

Don't tell that to Mehta. His "journalistic sources" have informed him that Revis came back to the Jets with roses and open arms, only to be spurned by Dr. Evil himself: John Idzik.

Evil or Very Mad
    SackExchange
    SackExchange

Post by SackExchange Tue 27 Jan 2015 - 23:18

GratefulJet
    GratefulJet
    Honorary Group Captain

Post by GratefulJet Wed 28 Jan 2015 - 0:17

Not in the NewenglandFootballLeague (NFL). It's only tampering if the Patriots aren't the ones doing it.

I wonder if the Steelers want to make a fuss about it, or if that would be one inside club member messing with another?
    GratefulJet
    GratefulJet
    Honorary Group Captain

Post by GratefulJet Wed 28 Jan 2015 - 0:36

Old#15 wrote:
    GratefulJet wrote:Ian O'Connor with a blistering review of the Kraft press conference and how it sets up the investigation.
    He correctly points out that Kraft had really better be 100% right or his reputation is in tatters.

As much as I personally hate the Patriots, I kind of hope they didn't do this thing (heresy for a Jets fan, I know). The league will struggle as it is to restore credibility as a level playing field (there's a lot of people seeing it the way Hyatt™️ does), and every win the Patriots have had for > 10 years will be called into question. At this point, one almost has to wonder if a finding that exonerates the Patriots will even be widely believed. In some ways, the real damage has already been done and whether they broke the rules or not is just a minor detail for the final report. Their reputation now precedes them, and that's not going to change as long as Belichick is the HC of the NEP.

I guess I can't help a smile and a chuckle.  Smile

Kraft's press conference is a signal that the fix is in, and the fall guy is some locker room attendant who after taking balls from ref's locker room disappeared into another room at Gillette for an undisclosed time before bringing balls unto field.  We have our fall guy, who without any direction from Pats (coaches, players or management) alters footballs because he thinks it will help his employer.  I say BS.  He did it because Tom Brady likes his footballs a certain way, and even though Brady didn't directly communicate with this guy his wishes were well known.  Why else would you risk your job in one the most important games or multiple games (see Ravens complaints) unless someone directed you to do it.  I think the Patriots have been treading on thin ice with league rules since BB has been HC, and I have no respect for any of their records.

The article mentions the relationship between Kraft and Goodell. I never saw the GQ article it references:

"Kraft spoke after GQ published an unflattering profile of Roger Goodell that portrayed New England's owner as the commissioner's fiercest advocate, as a supporter who helped land him a compensation package of some $300 million over seven years, and as a public relations adviser who tried steering Goodell through the Ray Rice disaster and who lobbied fellow owners for endorsements when the commissioner was in dire need of them.

The GQ profile quoted one veteran NFL executive calling Kraft "the assistant commissioner.""

It's really hard to imagine Goodell overseeing any investigation that hurts his main benefactor.
    NickSINYC
    NickSINYC
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

Post by NickSINYC Wed 28 Jan 2015 - 0:53

GratefulJet wrote:
    Not in the NewenglandFootballLeague (NFL). It's only tampering if the Patriots aren't the ones doing it.

I wonder if the Steelers want to make a fuss about it, or if that would be one inside club member messing with another?

IMO the Steelers are one of a couple of teams that could push matters if they wanted to. The Rooney and Mara family swing a lot of weight individually and with their family ties a lot more but like you said would they? Probably not.
    NickSINYC
    NickSINYC
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

Post by NickSINYC Wed 28 Jan 2015 - 1:57

jetsfanshanghai
    jetsfanshanghai
    Honorary Test Pilot
    Honorary Test Pilot

Post by jetsfanshanghai Wed 28 Jan 2015 - 3:23

GratefulJet wrote:
    Old#15 wrote:
    GratefulJet wrote:Ian O'Connor with a blistering review of the Kraft press conference and how it sets up the investigation.
    He correctly points out that Kraft had really better be 100% right or his reputation is in tatters.

As much as I personally hate the Patriots, I kind of hope they didn't do this thing (heresy for a Jets fan, I know). The league will struggle as it is to restore credibility as a level playing field (there's a lot of people seeing it the way Hyatt™️ does), and every win the Patriots have had for > 10 years will be called into question. At this point, one almost has to wonder if a finding that exonerates the Patriots will even be widely believed. In some ways, the real damage has already been done and whether they broke the rules or not is just a minor detail for the final report. Their reputation now precedes them, and that's not going to change as long as Belichick is the HC of the NEP.

I guess I can't help a smile and a chuckle.  Smile

Kraft's press conference is a signal that the fix is in, and the fall guy is some locker room attendant who after taking balls from ref's locker room disappeared into another room at Gillette for an undisclosed time before bringing balls unto field.  We have our fall guy, who without any direction from Pats (coaches, players or management) alters footballs because he thinks it will help his employer.  I say BS.  He did it because Tom Brady likes his footballs a certain way, and even though Brady didn't directly communicate with this guy his wishes were well known.  Why else would you risk your job in one the most important games or multiple games (see Ravens complaints) unless someone directed you to do it.  I think the Patriots have been treading on thin ice with league rules since BB has been HC, and I have no respect for any of their records.

The article mentions the relationship between Kraft and Goodell. I never saw the GQ article it references:

"Kraft spoke after GQ published an unflattering profile of Roger Goodell that portrayed New England's owner as the commissioner's fiercest advocate, as a supporter who helped land him a compensation package of some $300 million over seven years, and as a public relations adviser who tried steering Goodell through the Ray Rice disaster and who lobbied fellow owners for endorsements when the commissioner was in dire need of them.

The GQ profile quoted one veteran NFL executive calling Kraft "the assistant commissioner.""

It's really hard to imagine Goodell overseeing any investigation that hurts his main benefactor.

Grateful, there was a link inside the article back to the Feb 2015 one

Link:
    http://www.gq.com/sports/201502/roger-goodell-season-from-hell
    NickSINYC
    NickSINYC
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

Post by NickSINYC Thu 29 Jan 2015 - 18:21

Manish Mehta @MMehtaNYDN
    NFLPA's De Smith on Patriots players being interviewed on DeflateGate: "The league made a decision to interview players after Super Bowl"
    NickSINYC
    NickSINYC
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

Post by NickSINYC Fri 30 Jan 2015 - 16:37

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 29 Mar 2024 - 1:11