Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A New Community for Jets Fans

3 posters

Run Game - CJ2K/Ivory Thread

Superman55
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Run Game - CJ2K/Ivory Thread Empty Run Game - CJ2K/Ivory Thread

Post by Superman55 Tue 9 Sep 2014 - 13:55

Our 2 RBs can take us where we want to go. I thought I'd start a thread about our run game...which is awesome.

SEP 9
    6:00
    AM ET
    By Rich Cimini | ESPNNewYork.com
    2619COMMENTS4EMAILPRINT
    FLORHAM PARK, N.J. -- When he played for the Seattle Seahawks, Breno Giacomini blocked for arguably the best power back in the NFL, Marshawn Lynch. Now he's on the East Coast, opening holes for a Marshawn-esque runner in Chris Ivory.

Giacomini
    Giacomini sees similarities.

"(Ivory) hits the hole hard, he's not afraid to hit anybody," the New York Jets' right tackle said. "Marshawn is built a little bit different, but he runs angry, too. That's a good way to put it: They both run angry. It's awesome to see a running back like that."

Going into Monday night's games, Ivory led the NFL in yards-after-contact (85), according to ESPN Stats & Information. Obviously, he gained most of it on his 71-yard touchdown run against the Oakland Raiders. In 2013, he finished 14th (384 yards), but he was fourth in YAC per rush (2.11), a better indication of his tackle-breaking ability.

Giacomini considers himself one fortunate dude.

"To go from team to team, from one running back to another, I got lucky, real lucky," he said. "It's pretty cool, man. With a guy like Chris, let's burn those last five minutes off the clock and go home."
    football51
    football51
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Run Game - CJ2K/Ivory Thread Empty Re: Run Game - CJ2K/Ivory Thread

Post by football51 Tue 9 Sep 2014 - 14:43

Brian Costello @BrianCoz · 3h
    After Week 1, the Jets are No. 1 in total defense and 11 in offense. Also No. 1 in rushing offense, rushing defense and passing defense #nyj
    soj
    Honorary Air Commander
    Honorary Air Commander

Post by soj Tue 9 Sep 2014 - 15:12

The team as presently constituted can do damage.  It waa the formula we use to get to two AFC CHamp games.   I am please with the improvement of the team but also troubled by the bone headed penalties  and some decisons.  If we learn form the mistales and clean up the penalties we could go far...
    Superman55
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Superman55 Tue 9 Sep 2014 - 15:15

soj wrote:The team as presently constituted can do damage.  It waa the formula we use to get to two AFC CHamp games.   I am please with the improvement of the team but also troubled by the bone headed penalties  and some decisons.  If we learn form the mistales and clean up the penalties we could go far...

Just know that the last 3 super bowl winners led the league in penalties. If you don't play aggressive football, you don't win.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 19 Apr 2024 - 4:44