Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A New Community for Jets Fans

+17
GratefulJet
Superman55
Digwin
NCgreen12
Metjetgal
The Wicker Man
LIJETFAN
soj
NickSINYC
lnap23
football51
SackExchange
Seaver
Old#15
cysporsche
Blindsidebrick
Sarge
21 posters

Rumored Names: Quinn, Bowles, Cable, Reich, Kubiak

Poll

Of this group, who do you prefer?

[ 9 ]
    Rumored Names: Quinn, Bowles, Cable, Reich, Kubiak - Page 7 Bar_left50%Rumored Names: Quinn, Bowles, Cable, Reich, Kubiak - Page 7 Bar_right [50%] 
    [ 8 ]
    Rumored Names: Quinn, Bowles, Cable, Reich, Kubiak - Page 7 Bar_left44%Rumored Names: Quinn, Bowles, Cable, Reich, Kubiak - Page 7 Bar_right [44%] 
    [ 0 ]
    Rumored Names: Quinn, Bowles, Cable, Reich, Kubiak - Page 7 Bar_left0%Rumored Names: Quinn, Bowles, Cable, Reich, Kubiak - Page 7 Bar_right [0%] 
    [ 1 ]
    Rumored Names: Quinn, Bowles, Cable, Reich, Kubiak - Page 7 Bar_left6%Rumored Names: Quinn, Bowles, Cable, Reich, Kubiak - Page 7 Bar_right [6%] 
    [ 0 ]
    Rumored Names: Quinn, Bowles, Cable, Reich, Kubiak - Page 7 Bar_left0%Rumored Names: Quinn, Bowles, Cable, Reich, Kubiak - Page 7 Bar_right [0%] 

Total Votes: 18
    GratefulJet
    GratefulJet
    Honorary Group Captain

Rumored Names: Quinn, Bowles, Cable, Reich, Kubiak - Page 7 Empty Re: Rumored Names: Quinn, Bowles, Cable, Reich, Kubiak

Post by GratefulJet Wed 7 Jan 2015 - 10:43

I wonder who if any of the GM candidates interviewed so far Reich is tight with?
    Old#15
    Honorary Air Commander
    Honorary Air Commander

Rumored Names: Quinn, Bowles, Cable, Reich, Kubiak - Page 7 Empty Re: Rumored Names: Quinn, Bowles, Cable, Reich, Kubiak

Post by Old#15 Wed 7 Jan 2015 - 11:35

If we do go with one of the defensive guys the key will be who is the OC.  Are there any hotshot QB coaches or ex-HC/OCs out there like Kubiak who can slide in as OC?  The recently fired Bears HC comes to mind, but that's all that I can come up with.
    football51
    football51
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by football51 Thu 8 Jan 2015 - 18:19

SackExchange
    SackExchange

Post by SackExchange Thu 8 Jan 2015 - 18:26

This is where a quick hire for GM will make the difference. They need to do their work, but they also need to ensure they don't lose out on guys.

As for Quinn, I'm not sure they could even lock down an offer yet, not until his run with Seattle is over.
    football51
    football51
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by football51 Thu 8 Jan 2015 - 18:52

SackExchange wrote:
    This is where a quick hire for GM will make the difference. They need to do their work, but they also need to ensure they don't lose out on guys.

As for Quinn, I'm not sure they could even lock down an offer yet, not until his run with Seattle is over.

They can't do anything legally(tampering), but if he's their guy, they can go about things the "Patriot Way" and get things in place Very Happy .
    Superman55
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Superman55 Fri 9 Jan 2015 - 13:28

La Canfora On WFAN: I’d Bet On Quinn Being Jets’ Next Head Coach
    NFL Insider Expects Organization To Hire Mike Maccagnan As GM This Weekend

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2015/01/09/la-canfora-on-wfan-id-bet-on-quinn-being-jets-next-head-coach/
    football51
    football51
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by football51 Fri 9 Jan 2015 - 19:22

Blindsidebrick
    Honorary Wing Commander
    Honorary Wing Commander

Post by Blindsidebrick Fri 9 Jan 2015 - 19:58

Looks like Maccagnan and Quinn.

I'm more than fine with this. Quinn is telling people he wants the Jets, and it would seem to make sense that the Jets would want one of the more desirable candidates. And Maccagnan looks like a lock. He and Dominik (as a salary cap manager) would form a great tandem. Both aspects of the GM role would be covered.

Please let this happen. Jets fans need some good news.
    Sarge
    Sarge
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Sarge Fri 9 Jan 2015 - 20:17

If it's Quinn, they have to back up the Brinks truck and pay the best offensive coordinator money can by - Rob Chudzinksi, Brad Childress, Marc Trestman, Kyle Shanahan, Charlie Weiss, maybe a college guy like head coaches Paul Petrino or Jeff Brohm or assistants Mike Norvell (arz st) or Kurt Roper (duke)
    Blindsidebrick
    Honorary Wing Commander
    Honorary Wing Commander

Post by Blindsidebrick Fri 9 Jan 2015 - 21:11

Sarge wrote:If it's Quinn, they have to back up the Brinks truck and pay the best offensive coordinator money can by - Rob Chudzinksi, Brad Childress, Marc Trestman, Kyle Shanahan, Charlie Weiss, maybe a college guy like head coaches Paul Petrino or Jeff Brohm or assistants Mike Norvell (arz st) or Kurt Roper (duke)

I'm reading that Kyle Shannahan is linked to Quinn.
    NickSINYC
    NickSINYC
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

Post by NickSINYC Fri 9 Jan 2015 - 22:26

The next day or so could provide plenty of insight into Woody Johnson's thinking Seattle hosts the Carolina Panthers Saturday night in the divisional round of the NFC playoffs. Should the Seahawks win and the Jets not hire Bowles, it'll indicate that Johnson is willing to wait until the Seahawks are eliminated to conduct a second interview with Quinn. If the Seahawks lose, of course, the Jets will be free to speak with him again. But don't count out Bowles. According to a source, the Cardinals' defensive coordinator is a "very strong" contender after his interview Wednesday.

Dan Quinn, Todd Bowles are Jets' top coaching candidates

Sarge
    Sarge
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Sarge Fri 9 Jan 2015 - 22:36

Jersey Boys!
    GratefulJet
    GratefulJet
    Honorary Group Captain

Post by GratefulJet Sat 10 Jan 2015 - 7:15

Blindsidebrick wrote:Looks like Maccagnan and Quinn.

I'm more than fine with this. Quinn is telling people he wants the Jets, and it would seem to make sense that the Jets would want one of the more desirable candidates. And Maccagnan looks like a lock. He and Dominik (as a salary cap manager) would form a great tandem. Both aspects of the GM role would be covered.

Definitely down with that scenario. If they really wanted Marrone, I suspect the team would have hired him by now, or at least scheduled a 2nd interview and/or dinner w/Woody like they did with Maccagnan. Perhaps further indication they're not going in that direction?
    Superman55
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Superman55 Sat 10 Jan 2015 - 8:09

GratefulJet wrote:

Definitely down with that scenario. If they really wanted Marrone, I suspect the team would have hired him by now, or at least scheduled a 2nd interview and/or dinner w/Woody like they did with Maccagnan.  Perhaps further indication they're not going in that direction?

Landing Quinn would be a homerun, IMO. This is very good news. Its hard to believe he called us his top choice...it's like Christmas.

I'll be honest, I was this excited when we landed Rex too. I was so excited to watch Rex's green and white defense (and it was honestly fun to watch till the end for the most part...outside of Kyle Wilson anyway Sad ).

Watching Quinn's defense and the type of players we obtain to fit his system should be very exciting. once he's hired, fingers crossed, I hope one of the top 5 questions these idiot reporters ask him is if we'll be a 3-4 or 4-3 defense in 2015.

I know Coples going back to the dline will be very interesting and what we do with Richardson and Wilkerson (both over 300lbs) will also be interesting. I truly hope we dont move one of them...two more fun players to watch that would be sad to lose.
    soj
    Honorary Air Commander
    Honorary Air Commander

Post by soj Sat 10 Jan 2015 - 10:32

From your lips to Gods ears... I will dance in the street!!!!
    cysporsche
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by cysporsche Sat 10 Jan 2015 - 10:59

Thank God Woody was smart enough to wait on Marrone who wanted the Jets job. Glad they are finishing the hiring process. My gut tells me Marrone would have lasted a few years before being fired. I'm excited about Quinn and just so so on Maccagnan who is BFF with Casserly.

Go Jets...Cyborg
    football51
    football51
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by football51 Sat 10 Jan 2015 - 13:02

Ian RapoportVerified account
    ‏@RapSheet
    #Jets have lots of interest in #Seahawks DC Dan Quinn. They are not alone, so watch #49ers. What no one knows: Who is Quinn’s top choice?

‏@RapSheet
    One more note on #Seahawks DC Dan Quinn if he gets a head coaching job: One OC option is Kyle Shanahan. The other option is Tom Cable.

‏@RapSheet
    Two huge names to watch are Adam Gase & Dan Quinn. RT @jkingy21: @RapSheet who is the favorite for the niners?

Maybe it's just me, but does anyone else get that feeling that the local beat writers are pumping Quinn so much and saying that the Jets are his first choice when they really think he'll be a 49er? That way, they can bash the team afterwards. These writers make me cynical at times pale .

Also, a note on Kubiak.

‏@RapSheet
    Gary Kubiak has not interviewed yet, but from people close to him, he may not. He loves #Ravens, has friends there, isn’t looking to move
    football51
    football51
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by football51 Sat 10 Jan 2015 - 13:19

From espnnewyork.com

"Quinn is perhaps the hottest head-coaching candidate on the market. He has interviewed with five teams, meaning there could be competition for the Jets. He likely will receive multiple offers, according to a source, so it's premature to say he's a lock for the Jets. However, he has strong ties to New Jersey. He grew up in Morristown, a few miles from the Jets' facility, and has family in the area. He was a Jets assistant in 2007 and 2008."
    football51
    football51
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by football51 Sat 10 Jan 2015 - 13:31

WilliesDad
    Honorary Test Pilot
    Honorary Test Pilot

Post by WilliesDad Sat 10 Jan 2015 - 14:10

I too am hopeful that we land Quinn. Even more so now with reports that he has told friends that we are his first choice. I can the HC vacancies go the following way:

ATL - Rex
    BUF - Reich
    CHI - Bowles (although weren't Kubiak and Cutler on good terms in Denver?)
    SF - Cable
    NYJ - Quinn
    Oak - Marrone or Sparano
    Superman55
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Superman55 Sat 10 Jan 2015 - 17:18

cysporsche wrote:
    Superman55 wrote:
    Superman55 wrote:I expect Carolina to run all over Arizona and this be an easy Panthers win.  The last two games vs 9ers and Seattle, Kaepernick, Wilson, and the run games racked up 473 rushing yards.  Could you imagine watching back-to-back games against division rivals and your top D giving up 473 on the ground?  I bet Cam and Stewart have a monster game this week and Bowles to become available.

I think a team will move fast on him.

Not sure how closely people watched the Panthers game, but Cam remains awful.  He was consistently faked out by false pressure by Arizona and rushed too many throws or threw off his back foot and failed to drive the ball.

This week those same fake pressure and back foot throws will lead to more easy INTs and a blow out loss in Seattle.

Carolina's seasons ends in a whimper this week.

Yeah yeah yeah, but they keep winning, so keep whining about Cam sucking, Luke sucking, the Panthers sucking.... Mad

Go Jets...Cyborg

Funny how when I say it, I'm hating on Cam...then 4 days later his head coach says the same thing...guess I have no idea what I am talking about...and neither does Ron Rivera...we're both idiots...or I see the same thing they do...it's almost word for word what I said...

Footwork key for Newton Saturday?
    January, 9, 2015
    JAN 9
    2:37
    PM ET
    By Tom Carpenter | ESPN Insider
    01COMMENTS0EMAILPRINT
    Any quarterback who has to enter the Seattle Seahawks house and do battle will have his work cut out. That will be no different for Cam Newton this weekend.

Coach Ron Rivera said Thursday that Newton's footwork was sloppy last week against the Arizona Cardinals. It's something he will have to clean up in order to defeat the Seahawks on Saturday night.

“Knowing [the Cardinals] are a pressure team, I think it sped him up,” Rivera told Pat Kirwan and Jim Miller on Sirius XM NFL Radio (H/T ProFootballTalk.com). “Certain things when he thought he was reading a certain blitz or he got a certain look, I think he sped up the process instead of going through the process, planting that back leg and driving through the throw, he threw it off his back foot.

"Part of the problem is he’s got such a strong arm that he can get away with it sometimes.”

That strong arm and his mobility is what has kept his fantasy value afloat during what was his worst statistical season as a pro. We should expect a rebound performance from Newton next season, making him a value in dynasty leagues:

Matt Williamson
    Dynasty trade targets for 2015
    "To me, 2014 was his low-water mark for a fantasy season; he's finished in the top five at his position each of his other seasons in the NFL. Andrew Luck, Aaron Rodgers and maybe Russell Wilson are the only dynasty quarterbacks I prefer to Newton, but I bet you can get him in trade for a price tag much cheaper than that right now. Newton's skill set will produce big fantasy numbers in 2015."
    Superman55
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Superman55 Sat 10 Jan 2015 - 17:26

WilliesDad wrote:I too am hopeful that we land Quinn. Even more so now with reports that he has told friends that we are his first choice.  I can the HC vacancies go the following way:

ATL - Rex
    BUF - Reich
    CHI - Bowles (although weren't Kubiak and Cutler on good terms in Denver?)
    SF - Cable
    NYJ - Quinn
    Oak - Marrone or Sparano

Jack Del Rio is a fast riser for the Raiders according to rotoworld, not saying you;re wrong. Just throwing it out there.
    Superman55
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Superman55 Sat 10 Jan 2015 - 17:29

football51 wrote:The Jets better be sure that Quinn does indeed want them.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000455998/article/new-york-jets-in-a-conundrum-waiting-for-dan-quinn

Every coaching hole filled makes us one step closer. Keep hoping some of these spots get filled after this weekend. Looks like McDaniels will be available soon. Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
    NickSINYC
    NickSINYC
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

Post by NickSINYC Sat 10 Jan 2015 - 23:27

Now with the Seahawks win the Quinn wait continues. I think we can ask for a 2nd interview the week of the 19-25 if the new GM wants but we can't offer him the job until after the SB
    Superman55
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Superman55 Sat 10 Jan 2015 - 23:36

NickSINYC wrote:Now with the Seahawks win the Quinn wait continues. I think we can ask for a 2nd interview the week of the 19-25 if the new GM wants but we can't offer him the job until after the SB

Sirius stated that NFL teams are asked not to announce positions being filled during play-off weekends. If true, our GM wont be announced till next week, which lets him get in, settled, regroup with Casserly and wolf on rd 1 interviews, good and bad, and get things in order for rd 2 of interviews.

Our GM is going to have to ramp up super fast, because day 2 on the job he may have an interview...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 26 Apr 2024 - 5:04