Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A New Community for Jets Fans

5 posters

10 Unlikely Longshot Names for HC

Sarge
    Sarge
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

10 Unlikely Longshot Names for HC Empty 10 Unlikely Longshot Names for HC

Post by Sarge Thu 11 Dec 2014 - 22:55

Bored....intended to be only 1/2 serious...

1. Josh McDaniels NE OC - If you can't beat 'em, join 'em 

2. Al Golden Univ of Miami HC - didn't do great at the U but a great coach and still young

3. Steve Adazzio BC HC - Experienced hard nosed coach

4. Bob Sutton Chiefs DC - 63 but tough experienced coach

5. Joe Lombardi Lions OC - Vince's grandson, No pressure

6. Mark Helfrich Oregon - Lets try it, What the hell?

7. Jimbo Fisher FSU HC - See above

8. Kyle Flood Rutgers HC - Low relocation expenses

9. Paul Pasqualoni Ex Syracuse Coach - Old but might be a good transitional coach

10T  Pete Lembo Ball State HC - NY guy, under rated offensive guru type 

10T Mack Brown Ex Texas HC - good coach, bad recruiter
    GratefulJet
    GratefulJet
    Honorary Group Captain

10 Unlikely Longshot Names for HC Empty Re: 10 Unlikely Longshot Names for HC

Post by GratefulJet Fri 12 Dec 2014 - 0:15

Thanks, Sarge. It's obvious a lot of hard work went into producing this. Wink I'm torn between Joe Lombardi and Mark Helfrich, for the reasons you state, but might end up going with Jimbo Fisher, because, well, how can you go wrong with a guy named Jimbo?

Given Woody's comments, it sounds like Idzik's term with the Jets may be drawing to a close. I wonder if you could put together a similar list for GM candidates? Given all the research you did on the HC candidates, I think your name belongs at the top of the GM candidate list!
    Seaver
    Seaver
    Pilot
    Pilot

Post by Seaver Fri 12 Dec 2014 - 10:05

you want a wildcard? Here's one.....Greg Schiano. Guy was spot on not wanting Josh Freeman as his QB.
    lnap23
    Honorary Air Commander
    Honorary Air Commander

Post by lnap23 Fri 12 Dec 2014 - 12:05

Might quite possibly be the worst list of coaches ever assembled!! Add Lane Kiffin to it and then you have the worst list ever... LOL Laughing rabbit cheers
    cysporsche
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by cysporsche Sat 13 Dec 2014 - 12:29

lnap23 wrote:Might  quite possibly be the worst list of coaches ever assembled!!    Add Lane Kiffin to it and then you have the worst list ever... LOL Laughing rabbit cheers

+1 agree. I did not see one name on that list I'd want as our future HC of the Jets.

Mack Brown affraid are you kidding ? He was run out of UNC & Texas, and could never handle grown men. Here are my top 3 choices today:

Bill Billick - He's an offensive genius that is a no nonsense HC who has won a Super Bowl.

Urban Meyer - He's succeeded in every College gig he's had, plus I think he's a hell of a HC.

John Gruden - If we have to dig in the well, I'd like to see Chucky snarling @ a few Jet players when they commit a penalty.

Go Jets...Cyborg

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 19 Apr 2024 - 1:26