Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A New Community for Jets Fans

+17
GratefulJet
Superman55
Digwin
NCgreen12
Metjetgal
The Wicker Man
LIJETFAN
soj
NickSINYC
lnap23
football51
SackExchange
Seaver
Old#15
cysporsche
Blindsidebrick
Sarge
21 posters

Rumored Names: Quinn, Bowles, Cable, Reich, Kubiak

Poll

Of this group, who do you prefer?

[ 9 ]
    Rumored Names: Quinn, Bowles, Cable, Reich, Kubiak - Page 8 Bar_left50%Rumored Names: Quinn, Bowles, Cable, Reich, Kubiak - Page 8 Bar_right [50%] 
    [ 8 ]
    Rumored Names: Quinn, Bowles, Cable, Reich, Kubiak - Page 8 Bar_left44%Rumored Names: Quinn, Bowles, Cable, Reich, Kubiak - Page 8 Bar_right [44%] 
    [ 0 ]
    Rumored Names: Quinn, Bowles, Cable, Reich, Kubiak - Page 8 Bar_left0%Rumored Names: Quinn, Bowles, Cable, Reich, Kubiak - Page 8 Bar_right [0%] 
    [ 1 ]
    Rumored Names: Quinn, Bowles, Cable, Reich, Kubiak - Page 8 Bar_left6%Rumored Names: Quinn, Bowles, Cable, Reich, Kubiak - Page 8 Bar_right [6%] 
    [ 0 ]
    Rumored Names: Quinn, Bowles, Cable, Reich, Kubiak - Page 8 Bar_left0%Rumored Names: Quinn, Bowles, Cable, Reich, Kubiak - Page 8 Bar_right [0%] 

Total Votes: 18
    Sarge
    Sarge
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Rumored Names: Quinn, Bowles, Cable, Reich, Kubiak - Page 8 Empty Re: Rumored Names: Quinn, Bowles, Cable, Reich, Kubiak

Post by Sarge Sun 11 Jan 2015 - 11:17

Interesting comment by Schefter that Macacgnan stayed in Jersey in case the management team needed to fly out to Seattle today
    Sarge
    Sarge
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Rumored Names: Quinn, Bowles, Cable, Reich, Kubiak - Page 8 Empty Re: Rumored Names: Quinn, Bowles, Cable, Reich, Kubiak

Post by Sarge Sun 11 Jan 2015 - 13:36

What we don't know is how confident the Jets are Quinn would take the job if offered. Has Quinn given them a commitment? Do they have a deal in place with his agent? Or is the whole thing non-committal?

We might be able to make an inference if the Jets in more coaches this week - Kubiak or Sean McDermott from yesterday's lovers or Pep Hamilton or Adam Gase from whoever loses today

With Rex going to Buffalo, Frank Reich could be the plan C if both Quinn and Bowles go elsewhere

Superman55
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Superman55 Sun 11 Jan 2015 - 13:47

Sarge wrote:What we don't know is how confident the Jets are Quinn would take the job if offered.  Has  Quinn given them a commitment? Do they have a deal in place with his agent? Or is the whole thing non-committal?

We might be able to make an inference if the Jets in more coaches this week - Kubiak or Sean McDermott from yesterday's lovers or Pep Hamilton or  Adam Gase from whoever loses today

With  Rex going to Buffalo, Frank Reich could be the plan C if both Quinn and Bowles go elsewhere

The good thing is opening are starting to close...I do wish, for multiple reasons, Josh McDaniels was available today. I think he and Bowles are teh two hottest candidates after Quinn...but people arent going to wait.

It will be interesting to see where Bowles lands. I'd like to see 9ers grab Shanahan and Atl grab Bowles to close those spots. If Bears grab Kubiak, clear sailing...
    NickSINYC
    NickSINYC
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

Post by NickSINYC Sun 11 Jan 2015 - 15:27

I would not feel comfortable until all the other HC spots have been filled even with a verbal agreement. I have seen too many other coaches and players change their minds last minute and go to a different team.
    football51
    football51
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by football51 Sun 11 Jan 2015 - 16:35

NickSINYC wrote:I would not feel comfortable until all the other HC spots have been filled even with a verbal agreement. I have seen too many other coaches and players change their minds last minute and go to a different team.

Especially when you might not trust all parties involved in the deal.

Chris MortensenVerified account

Jets voiced concerns to NFL re: Seahawks DC Dan Quinn still repped by former GM Mike Tannenbaum, recently named Dolphins VP of FB Ops

SackExchange
    SackExchange

Post by SackExchange Sun 11 Jan 2015 - 16:42

And now this is going to be used to bash the Jets.
    Sarge
    Sarge
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Sarge Sun 11 Jan 2015 - 20:56

Adam Gase and Jack Del Rio are now available for hiring. Gase could be in play at both Bay Area teams and maybe Atlanta. Del Rio could be Oakland ' s choice.

Gase, Quinn, Bowles, McDaniels, Teryl Austin, maybe Marrone, maybe Kubiak, maybe Del Rio seem to be the main contenders
    Blindsidebrick
    Honorary Wing Commander
    Honorary Wing Commander

Post by Blindsidebrick Sun 11 Jan 2015 - 21:33

Clown man Cimini has already started the "embarrassment" narrative regarding Quinn. He's saying if the Jets don't land Quinn after holding out for him, the media deserves to tar and feather the organization for losing him.

How about this? What if Quinn decides to stay in a great situation as DC of the top rated defense in the NFL? Or goes to a more playoff-ready team like SF? Could you blame him? More importantly, why blame the Jets for losing him if that happens?

Answer: the media wants to destroy the Jets at all costs, and thrives on whipping up tabloid controversy.
    WilliesDad
    Honorary Test Pilot
    Honorary Test Pilot

Post by WilliesDad Sun 11 Jan 2015 - 21:53

WilliesDad wrote:I too am hopeful that we land Quinn. Even more so now with reports that he has told friends that we are his first choice.  I can the HC vacancies go the following way:

ATL - Rex
    BUF - Reich
    CHI - Bowles (although weren't Kubiak and Cutler on good terms in Denver?)
    SF - Cable
    NYJ - Quinn
    Oak - Marrone or Sparano

It's a good thing I don't have to do this for a living. I'd starve!
    GratefulJet
    GratefulJet
    Honorary Group Captain

Post by GratefulJet Sun 11 Jan 2015 - 22:40

WilliesDad wrote:
    WilliesDad wrote:I too am hopeful that we land Quinn. Even more so now with reports that he has told friends that we are his first choice.  I can the HC vacancies go the following way:

ATL - Rex
    BUF - Reich
    CHI - Bowles (although weren't Kubiak and Cutler on good terms in Denver?)
    SF - Cable
    NYJ - Quinn
    Oak - Marrone or Sparano

It's a good thing I don't have to do this for a living.   I'd starve!

LOL, we all would for sure!

Aside from ATL and BUF, all your picks are still in play.
    GratefulJet
    GratefulJet
    Honorary Group Captain

Post by GratefulJet Sun 11 Jan 2015 - 22:46

Sarge wrote:What we don't know is how confident the Jets are Quinn would take the job if offered.  Has  Quinn given them a commitment? Do they have a deal in place with his agent? Or is the whole thing non-committal?

We might be able to make an inference if the Jets in more coaches this week - Kubiak or Sean McDermott from yesterday's lovers or Pep Hamilton or  Adam Gase from whoever loses today

With  Rex going to Buffalo, Frank Reich could be the plan C if both Quinn and Bowles go elsewhere

Aside from unnamed sources claiming that the Jets are Quinn's preference, we have no idea, but I'm going to hang my hat on that, and the fact he's from NJ and has coached for the team before gives me some small comfort that we're not holding a torch in vain. Something no one has mentioned: Quinn may not want the SF job simply because he doesn't want to be in the same division as the Seahawks. The Jets might provide the right amount of arm's length from his current role.

Bowles will probably get hired somewhere this week, but Reich would be a pretty decent plan C IMHO, providing he doesn't get hired elsewhere in the interim.

Like Mike McCarthy, I'm surprised no one is talking to Tom Clement, the GB OC. He's done a heck of a job there, although I suppose Aaron Rodgers has had something to do with their success as well.
    Sarge
    Sarge
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Sarge Sun 11 Jan 2015 - 23:02

If the Broncos fire John Fox and hire Gase, all hell will break loose on these coaching searches
    GratefulJet
    GratefulJet
    Honorary Group Captain

Post by GratefulJet Sun 11 Jan 2015 - 23:55

That would be pretty tough for Fox, considering all he's done is win their division the last three years. Their roster is loaded, and Elway should be GM of the year for the job he's done, but it doesn't feel to me like Fox is necessarily the reason they keep losing in the playoffs. I think he's done a pretty good job there.
    GratefulJet
    GratefulJet
    Honorary Group Captain

Post by GratefulJet Mon 12 Jan 2015 - 0:48

I wonder if one reason that Maccagnan wasn't announced officially over the weekend was to permit him to have contact with Quinn today, since Maccagnan isn't yet "officially" a member of the Jets organization?
    NickSINYC
    NickSINYC
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

Post by NickSINYC Mon 12 Jan 2015 - 0:58

GratefulJet wrote:I wonder if one reason that Maccagnan wasn't announced officially over the weekend was to permit him to have contact with Quinn today, since Maccagnan isn't yet "officially" a member of the Jets organization?

I am not sure how well that technicality would go over with the NFL if there was contact and it could be proven.
    GratefulJet
    GratefulJet
    Honorary Group Captain

Post by GratefulJet Mon 12 Jan 2015 - 1:41

NickSINYC wrote:
    GratefulJet wrote:I wonder if one reason that Maccagnan wasn't announced officially over the weekend was to permit him to have contact with Quinn today, since Maccagnan isn't yet "officially" a member of the Jets organization?

I am not sure how well that technicality would go over with the NFL if there was contact and it could be proven.
    I don't either, Nick. I'm just thinking aloud...  tongue
    Superman55
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Superman55 Mon 12 Jan 2015 - 6:33

Kubiak turning down an interview with the Jets is a good start to my week already. Wink
    hobson54
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by hobson54 Mon 12 Jan 2015 - 9:13

I think it was just a league moratorium on making coaching/GM announcements over the weekend. even rex's signing isn't official yet
    SackExchange
    SackExchange

Post by SackExchange Mon 12 Jan 2015 - 10:04

NickSINYC wrote:

The league likes to smack down the Jets when they do nothing wrong. Of course they would smack down the Jets if they did this.
    SackExchange
    SackExchange

Post by SackExchange Mon 12 Jan 2015 - 10:05

hobson54 wrote:

I think it was just a league moratorium on making coaching/GM announcements over the weekend.  even rex's signing isn't official yet
    It is now.
    Sarge
    Sarge
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Sarge Mon 12 Jan 2015 - 11:59

Todd Bowles coming in for a 2nd interview
    Blindsidebrick
    Honorary Wing Commander
    Honorary Wing Commander

Post by Blindsidebrick Mon 12 Jan 2015 - 12:13

Sarge wrote:Todd Bowles coming in for a 2nd interview

Bowles and McDermott coming in for interviews. Is Quinn really the "sure thing" some are making him out to be? I don't think so. I think the Jets are preparing themselves for plan B, plan C, ect.

As they should be. Quinn might find the grass is greener somewhere else.
    LIJETFAN
    Honorary Air Commander
    Honorary Air Commander

Post by LIJETFAN Mon 12 Jan 2015 - 12:17

I think the whole Tannenbaum thing is overblown. He had a great relationship with Woody Johnson. I'm sure that would not be an issue. I understand the potential conflict of interest, but I don't think that would sour Quinn on the Jets job.

I think it is smart that the Jets are keeping their options open by interviewing McDermott and Bowles again. Quinn is still my first choice - but the Jets really need some assurances that he will accept the job if it is offered. They don't want to wait and hold out only to have him go to the Falcons or the 49ers.
    Sarge
    Sarge
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Sarge Mon 12 Jan 2015 - 12:18

There are just so many variables we don't know. Was Quinn ever the #1 target? Is bringing in more people a negotiating tool? Did Macagnan change the dynamic?
    Seaver
    Seaver
    Pilot
    Pilot

Post by Seaver Mon 12 Jan 2015 - 12:21

GratefulJet wrote:

Aside from unnamed sources claiming that the Jets are Quinn's preference, we have no idea, but I'm going to hang my hat on that, and the fact he's from NJ and has coached for the team before gives me some small comfort that we're not holding a torch in vain. Something no one has mentioned: Quinn may not want the SF job simply because he doesn't want to be in the same division as the Seahawks. The Jets might provide the right amount of arm's length from his current role.

Bowles will probably get hired somewhere this week, but Reich would be a pretty decent plan C IMHO, providing he doesn't get hired elsewhere in the interim.

Like Mike McCarthy, I'm surprised no one is talking to Tom Clement, the GB OC. He's done a heck of a job there, although I suppose Aaron Rodgers has had something to do with their success as well.

doesn't McCarthy call the plays?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu 18 Apr 2024 - 23:23