Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A New Community for Jets Fans

+17
GratefulJet
Superman55
Digwin
NCgreen12
Metjetgal
The Wicker Man
LIJETFAN
soj
NickSINYC
lnap23
football51
SackExchange
Seaver
Old#15
cysporsche
Blindsidebrick
Sarge
21 posters

Rumored Names: Quinn, Bowles, Cable, Reich, Kubiak

Poll

Of this group, who do you prefer?

[ 9 ]
    Rumored Names: Quinn, Bowles, Cable, Reich, Kubiak - Page 11 Bar_left50%Rumored Names: Quinn, Bowles, Cable, Reich, Kubiak - Page 11 Bar_right [50%] 
    [ 8 ]
    Rumored Names: Quinn, Bowles, Cable, Reich, Kubiak - Page 11 Bar_left44%Rumored Names: Quinn, Bowles, Cable, Reich, Kubiak - Page 11 Bar_right [44%] 
    [ 0 ]
    Rumored Names: Quinn, Bowles, Cable, Reich, Kubiak - Page 11 Bar_left0%Rumored Names: Quinn, Bowles, Cable, Reich, Kubiak - Page 11 Bar_right [0%] 
    [ 1 ]
    Rumored Names: Quinn, Bowles, Cable, Reich, Kubiak - Page 11 Bar_left6%Rumored Names: Quinn, Bowles, Cable, Reich, Kubiak - Page 11 Bar_right [6%] 
    [ 0 ]
    Rumored Names: Quinn, Bowles, Cable, Reich, Kubiak - Page 11 Bar_left0%Rumored Names: Quinn, Bowles, Cable, Reich, Kubiak - Page 11 Bar_right [0%] 

Total Votes: 18
    The Wicker Man
    The Wicker Man
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

Rumored Names: Quinn, Bowles, Cable, Reich, Kubiak - Page 11 Empty Re: Rumored Names: Quinn, Bowles, Cable, Reich, Kubiak

Post by The Wicker Man Tue 13 Jan 2015 - 16:49

football51 wrote:
    NickSINYC wrote:Not that it will mean anything to most on here but for the heck of it. I just hear Francesca on his show he is raving about Bowles and think he is the way the Jets should go.

I could see that. Francesa is a big Parcells guy and Bowles is from that coaching tree.

I like Bowles a lot, okay, he's knows how to coach, okay, he's has a history of success, okay, I''m a pompous fat ass,
    okay.....

Sorry, I'm done.

Cool
    football51
    football51
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Rumored Names: Quinn, Bowles, Cable, Reich, Kubiak - Page 11 Empty Re: Rumored Names: Quinn, Bowles, Cable, Reich, Kubiak

Post by football51 Tue 13 Jan 2015 - 17:01

Adam ScheinVerified account
    ‏@AdamSchein
    Todd Bowles will be a great head coach. I voted him assistant coach of the year. Smart. Tough. Well respected. Ready.
    NickSINYC
    NickSINYC
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

Post by NickSINYC Tue 13 Jan 2015 - 17:27

football51
    football51
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by football51 Tue 13 Jan 2015 - 17:36

Really good read. Love the part of adapting the scheme to fit the strength of the players.
    NickSINYC
    NickSINYC
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

Post by NickSINYC Tue 13 Jan 2015 - 17:42

football51 wrote:

Really good read. Love the part of adapting the scheme to fit the strength of the players.

I know the one trait Rex sorely lacked
    football51
    football51
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by football51 Tue 13 Jan 2015 - 19:02

Rich Cimini
    ‏@RichCimini
    Jets HC candidate Todd Bowles now having dinner with team brass, per source. Meanwhile, still waiting on GM announcement. #nyj
    NickSINYC
    NickSINYC
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

Post by NickSINYC Tue 13 Jan 2015 - 19:20

I was thinking we had two open spots and two consultants. Casserly got his protege in Maccagnan. Will Wolf get his in Bowles
    football51
    football51
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by football51 Tue 13 Jan 2015 - 19:34

NickSINYC wrote:I was thinking we had two open spots and two consultants. Casserly got his protege in Maccagnan. Will Wolf get his in Bowles

Is Quinn still in play? This is getting frustrating now Smile

Jason La Canfora @JasonLaCanfora · 10m 10 minutes ago
    Todd Bowles is scheduled to spend the night in NY with him meeting with the Jets and then fly to Atlanta tomorrow

NickSINYC
    NickSINYC
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

Post by NickSINYC Tue 13 Jan 2015 - 19:40

football51 wrote:
    NickSINYC wrote:I was thinking we had two open spots and two consultants. Casserly got his protege in Maccagnan. Will Wolf get his in Bowles

Is Quinn still in play? This is getting frustrating now Smile

Jason La Canfora @JasonLaCanfora  ·  10m 10 minutes ago
    Todd Bowles is scheduled to spend the night in NY with him meeting with the Jets and then fly to Atlanta tomorrow

I think things are fluid. I think if the Jets let Bowles get on the plane for Atlanta they will lock him up. It's crunch time. Do we let Bowles leave hoping Quinn really does want us or press hard and sign him now.
    football51
    football51
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by football51 Tue 13 Jan 2015 - 19:47

Seth Walder @SethWalderNYDN · 38s 38 seconds ago
    Can confirm that Todd Bowles is having dinner with Woody Johnson, Mike Maccagnan, Charley Casserly and Ron Wolf tonight. #nyj
    soj
    Honorary Air Commander
    Honorary Air Commander

Post by soj Tue 13 Jan 2015 - 19:54

Just to remind everyone the D cost the cards the last six games where they couldn't stop the run ...it was bad and lost 4 not including the playoffs.

I still want Quinn...
    NickSINYC
    NickSINYC
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

Post by NickSINYC Tue 13 Jan 2015 - 21:30

Joe Person @josephperson · 6m 6 minutes ago
    #Jets have canceled their Wed. interview w/ #Panthers DC Sean McDermott, per a league source. Sounds like they have their guy.
    NickSINYC
    NickSINYC
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

Post by NickSINYC Tue 13 Jan 2015 - 21:31

Chris Nimbley
    ‏@Cnimbley
    Really starting to look like it will be Bowles. I see no other reason to cancel interview w/ McDermott
    Sarge
    Sarge
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Sarge Tue 13 Jan 2015 - 21:39

If its Bowles, I'm cool with it.  He is one of the 2-3 hot names this year.  Knowing that Wolf, Maccagnan, and Casserly, football men, would have signed off on it makes me happy
    NYJETSDAN16
    NYJETSDAN16
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by NYJETSDAN16 Tue 13 Jan 2015 - 22:00

I'd rather have Quinn. It is what it is i guess. We'll see what happens.
    Blindsidebrick
    Honorary Wing Commander
    Honorary Wing Commander

Post by Blindsidebrick Tue 13 Jan 2015 - 22:05

Sure looks like Bowles at this point. Canceling an interview with McDermott in the morning? All signs say Bowles.

I like him. Wasn't my first choice, but he was in my top 3.
    NickSINYC
    NickSINYC
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

Post by NickSINYC Tue 13 Jan 2015 - 22:10

Calvin Watkins @calvinwatkins · 10m 10 minutes ago
    A source tells me while Todd Bowles is huddled up with the Jets talks haven't started yet regarding a contract.
    NYJETSDAN16
    NYJETSDAN16
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by NYJETSDAN16 Tue 13 Jan 2015 - 22:18

What if they got a verbal commitment from Dan Quinn earlier tonight?
    Sarge
    Sarge
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Sarge Tue 13 Jan 2015 - 22:22

I'm sure Quinn had every opportunity to commit and give his agent the okay to work out an agreement in principle, for whatever reason it didn't happen

Maybe Bowles just blew everybody away and jumped to the top of the list?

We just don't know
    NickSINYC
    NickSINYC
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

Post by NickSINYC Tue 13 Jan 2015 - 22:25

Kimberley A. Martin @KMart_LI · 1m 1 minute ago
    Source confirms Todd Bowles is the #Jets new HC .... #nfl
    NickSINYC
    NickSINYC
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

Post by NickSINYC Tue 13 Jan 2015 - 22:25

Kimberley A. Martin @KMart_LI · 42s 42 seconds ago
    Clearly Woody wasnt about to let Bowles fly to ATL
    Sarge
    Sarge
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Sarge Tue 13 Jan 2015 - 22:27

3 Things I like About Bowles

1 - Played in the NFL
    2 - Was in charge of the defense in Arizona under an offensive minded head coach
    3 - Jersey native (understands the community and fan base)
    NickSINYC
    NickSINYC
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

Post by NickSINYC Tue 13 Jan 2015 - 22:35

I know we heard some names mentioned for coordinator positions. I hope we see Bowles actually hire his staff soon
    GratefulJet
    GratefulJet
    Honorary Group Captain

Post by GratefulJet Tue 13 Jan 2015 - 22:39

Wow, what a quick turn of events! Really thought it was going to be Quinn. I wonder what happened there, how far things got, what failed in that relationship. Hope there aren't any hard feelings as a consequence.

My head is still kind of spinning. Welcome Todd Bowles. Let's get after it.
    cysporsche
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by cysporsche Tue 13 Jan 2015 - 22:44

Sarge wrote:3 Things I like About Bowles

1 - Played in the NFL
    2 - Was in charge of the defense in Arizona under an offensive minded head coach
    3 - Jersey native (understands the community and fan base)

I think the players will be receptive to a black Head Coach.

My only concern was their pass defense was ranked 28th in the league, not good.

Go Jets...Cyborg

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu 28 Mar 2024 - 12:54