Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A New Community for Jets Fans

+19
Metjetgal
NickSINYC
Pointdexter
AFA2017
soj
football51
Seaver
hobson54
NCgreen12
Marac
jetsfanshanghai
The Wicker Man
Superman55
GratefulJet
SackExchange
NYJETSDAN16
Sarge
LIJETFAN
Blindsidebrick
23 posters

Todd Bowles officially hired as the new HC

NickSINYC
    NickSINYC
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

Todd Bowles officially hired as the new HC Empty Todd Bowles officially hired as the new HC

Post by NickSINYC Tue 13 Jan 2015 - 22:39

I was posting in the other thread but this seems offical enough now for its own thread

Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter  ·  12m 12 minutes ago
    Jets gave former Cardinals DC Todd Bowles a 4-year deal to be their HC, per source.

Last edited by NickSINYC on Wed 14 Jan 2015 - 18:01; edited 3 times in total
    NickSINYC
    NickSINYC
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

Todd Bowles officially hired as the new HC Empty Re: Todd Bowles officially hired as the new HC

Post by NickSINYC Tue 13 Jan 2015 - 22:39

Josina Anderson @JosinaAnderson · 19m 19 minutes ago
    I just got a text from Todd Bowles, "Im taking the Jets job."
    NickSINYC
    NickSINYC
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

Todd Bowles officially hired as the new HC Empty Re: Todd Bowles officially hired as the new HC

Post by NickSINYC Tue 13 Jan 2015 - 22:41

Rich Cimini @RichCimini · 2m 2 minutes ago
    Todd Bowles agrees to four-year contract to coach Jets, will finalize tomorrow. Evidently, they didn't want to wait for Dan Quinn. #nyj
    Blindsidebrick
    Honorary Wing Commander
    Honorary Wing Commander

Post by Blindsidebrick Tue 13 Jan 2015 - 22:43

We got two guys in Maccagnan and Bowles who both got very good reviews. Obviously, they hit it off today, and Bowles had a great interview. Awesome.

I'm glad our future is set. I'm good with both hires.
    NickSINYC
    NickSINYC
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

Post by NickSINYC Tue 13 Jan 2015 - 22:47

Blindsidebrick wrote:We got two guys in Maccagnan and Bowles who both got very good reviews. Obviously, they hit it off today, and Bowles had a great interview. Awesome.

I'm glad our future is set. I'm good with both hires.

I hope it is a good marriage. I know the Jets set up a new structure where they both report to Johnson. Bowles will not report to Maccagnan
    LIJETFAN
    Honorary Air Commander
    Honorary Air Commander

Post by LIJETFAN Tue 13 Jan 2015 - 22:48

I'm good with both hires as well. Heard Chan Gailey as offensive coordinator. He's a good coach too. Let's see what kind of a coaching staff he puts together. Was a big Quinn fan, but like what I have heard about Bowles. Parcells thinks highly of him, so that is good enough for me.
    NickSINYC
    NickSINYC
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

Post by NickSINYC Tue 13 Jan 2015 - 22:51

LIJETFAN
    Honorary Air Commander
    Honorary Air Commander

Post by LIJETFAN Tue 13 Jan 2015 - 22:53

The hires are getting good reviews on NFL Network so far. Albert Breer saying he thinks the Jets will put together an experienced staff on both sides of the ball.
    NickSINYC
    NickSINYC
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

Post by NickSINYC Tue 13 Jan 2015 - 22:57

Funny how Woody hired 2 Jersey boys for the top spots. Karma I guess
    Sarge
    Sarge
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Sarge Tue 13 Jan 2015 - 23:02

Moving quickly puts us in a good place for hiring assistants. 

Lots of good people out there right now looking for work - 6 entire coaching staffs were fired 2 weeks ago and with Senior Bowl Week coming up, everyone looking for a job will be down in Mobile.  We have 2-3 days head start on setting up meetings
    NYJETSDAN16
    NYJETSDAN16
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by NYJETSDAN16 Tue 13 Jan 2015 - 23:03

Excellent hire-1st order of buisness, release Geno Smith immediatley!
    NickSINYC
    NickSINYC
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

Post by NickSINYC Tue 13 Jan 2015 - 23:04

nice job Bob

Neil Best @sportswatch · 21m 21 minutes ago
    Dec. 29, day Rex and Idzik were fired, WCBS-TV asked @BobGlauber who he thought next coach and GM would be. His answer: Bowles and Maccagnan
    NickSINYC
    NickSINYC
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

Post by NickSINYC Tue 13 Jan 2015 - 23:05

Rich Cimini @RichCimini · 44s 44 seconds ago
    Hearing that Todd Bowles' four-year will be at least $16 million. Chan Gailey, out of football last 2 yrs, will be his OC, per source. #nyj
    NYJETSDAN16
    NYJETSDAN16
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by NYJETSDAN16 Tue 13 Jan 2015 - 23:06

Kent Somers ‏@kentsomers 5m
    LB coach Mike Caldwell expected to be DC under Bowles. Heard def asst Ryan Slowik could be going, too.
    NickSINYC
    NickSINYC
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

Post by NickSINYC Tue 13 Jan 2015 - 23:09

What sucks is the limited amount of time Bowles and his future staff will get to spend with the players installing a new playbook due to these stupid rules the NFL has now.
    NickSINYC
    NickSINYC
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

Post by NickSINYC Tue 13 Jan 2015 - 23:10

Dan Leberfeld @jetswhispers · 1m 1 minute ago
    The Jets' best player has to be very excited about the Todd Bowles' hire. Both Wilkerson and Bowles have Elizabeth roots and went to Temple.
    NickSINYC
    NickSINYC
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

Post by NickSINYC Tue 13 Jan 2015 - 23:11

ANTONIO CROMARTIE @CRO31 · 4m 4 minutes ago
    Coach Bowles is a very smart coach. 1 of the smartest coaches I've been around. Has a very similar scheme 2 Rex so the defense won't change

ANTONIO CROMARTIE @CRO31 · 3m 3 minutes ago
    For the guys on defense in NY. A great Hire.
    SackExchange
    SackExchange

Post by SackExchange Tue 13 Jan 2015 - 23:11

Wow! I really thought the Jets would hold off for Quinn. Surprised a bit by this.

That said, Quinn was the name closest tied to Idzik, so it's possible the team wanted to go in a different direction there.

Quinn and Bowles were close, so if my preference was Quinn, it wasn't by that much. I'm pleased overall.
    NYJETSDAN16
    NYJETSDAN16
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by NYJETSDAN16 Tue 13 Jan 2015 - 23:12

NickSINYC wrote:Dan Leberfeld @jetswhispers  ·  1m 1 minute ago
    The Jets' best player has to be very excited about the Todd Bowles' hire. Both Wilkerson and Bowles have Elizabeth roots and went to Temple.

Absolutley. Mac will re-sign Mo very soon IMHO to send a message that will trickle down the locker room. If the players deserves the contract and the players will help his coach at all cost, then he will get recompensed. No more nickel and diming.
    NickSINYC
    NickSINYC
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

Post by NickSINYC Tue 13 Jan 2015 - 23:21

Kristian Dyer @KristianRDyer · 5m 5 minutes ago
    Bowles reporting directly to Woody Johnson is an intriguing change for the #Jets - takes some authority away from the GM. #NYJets
    SackExchange
    SackExchange

Post by SackExchange Tue 13 Jan 2015 - 23:22

Perhaps the most intriguing part about Bowles is that his system is more similar to Rex's than Quinn's system is. That could make for a much easier transition on defense.
    NYJETSDAN16
    NYJETSDAN16
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by NYJETSDAN16 Tue 13 Jan 2015 - 23:23

I like the fact that we're going to have Chan Gailey as OC. He's been a great offensive mind. He's a Norv Turner Clone. Excellent OC, horrible HC.
    NYJETSDAN16
    NYJETSDAN16
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by NYJETSDAN16 Tue 13 Jan 2015 - 23:26

Here's a great vid dictating how the players respect the hell out of Todd Bowels. This was his 1st win as a Coach taking over for Tony Sparano. Makes you wonder if the Phins made a huge mistake letting him go.

http://www.miamidolphins.com/multimedia/videos/Coach-Todd-Bowles-Locker-Room-Speech/eb7f02d2-c7d4-4bf7-a9b4-48b08712b0f8
    NYJETSDAN16
    NYJETSDAN16
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by NYJETSDAN16 Tue 13 Jan 2015 - 23:50

Extremely excited. Today marks a new era in Jets football. A GM who will have $50 million at his disposal & a top 6 draft pick. One who will scrutinize and analyze every detail of player personel with "HIS" guys.

Macagnan obviously wants to be the best GM this organization has ever seen. He won't allow projects such as Geno Smith to linger long.  He will draft accordingly.  His insight, as many pundits as a scout is as good as any one. He will give our new head coach everything possible to succeed.

Todd (Super) Bowels is a young inovator defensive minded coach who will command respect in the locker room at 1st walk in.  He as our new GM is a very detailed individual.  He also worked his ass off to get to this position and will do everything he can to never reliquish it.

Fellas, we got something good here brewing.  I haven't been this excited in a while.  These guys aren't your "RA-Ra" type of people, yet they will work in unicent to make our team reaspectable again.

It's truly a new dawn.

Todd Bowles officially hired as the new HC B7SNa2VIgAAG8pM
    GratefulJet
    GratefulJet
    Honorary Group Captain

Post by GratefulJet Wed 14 Jan 2015 - 0:11

Looks like we have to coach Dan up on how to spell our new HC's last name.  Laughing

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 26 Apr 2024 - 10:55