Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A New Community for Jets Fans

+9
SackExchange
football51
Seaver
Metjetgal
LIJETFAN
cysporsche
Sarge
Old#15
Superman55
13 posters

Reports: Woody likely to fire Idzik

LIJETFAN
    Honorary Air Commander
    Honorary Air Commander

Reports: Woody likely to fire Idzik - Page 2 Empty Re: Reports: Woody likely to fire Idzik

Post by LIJETFAN Fri 7 Nov 2014 - 19:02

I like Harbaugh too, but I just don't see him coming here. Maybe if the deal is big enough he could be drawn here.

On Gruden, as I said, we can debate the merits of Gruden, Cowher, whomever. I personally don't care who it is. I just hope the Jets find the coach/GM that knows how to build a winner and has won in the past. Personally, I like Brian Billick. I don't know if he would be interested in coming back. I have no idea about his personality or how he deals with players, but I know he is a good offensive mind, and has won a Super Bowl. He had a great staff of coaches, so he knows how to build a great coaching staff too. He's been out of the game a few years now too, but he is not so far removed that he couldn't come back.

The only other coach that comes to mind with experience is Dungy. But I can't see him wanting the Jets job, and I doubt he wants to come back. Maybe I am missing someone....
    Hunter07
    Navigator
    Navigator

Reports: Woody likely to fire Idzik - Page 2 Empty Re: Reports: Woody likely to fire Idzik

Post by Hunter07 Fri 7 Nov 2014 - 20:45

When all this is over - Ryan will "land on both feet" back in the NFL as a DC ... only question is when & where.
    SackExchange
    SackExchange

Post by SackExchange Fri 7 Nov 2014 - 22:13

I think it is just as likely for Rex to get picked up on TV as it is for him to be hired as a HC or DC. With the surgery, with his personality, he seemed suited for the camera.
    Blindsidebrick
    Honorary Wing Commander
    Honorary Wing Commander

Post by Blindsidebrick Sat 8 Nov 2014 - 1:44

Another report based on unnamed "sources".

Gee, wonder who could be behind this? This smells of cow manure.
    GratefulJet
    GratefulJet
    Honorary Group Captain

Post by GratefulJet Sat 8 Nov 2014 - 10:26

SackExchange wrote:I think it is just as likely for Rex to get picked up on TV as it is for him to be hired as a HC or DC. With the surgery, with his personality, he seemed suited for the camera.

A lot of these coaches get a TV gig and never look back. I think it's probably a quality of life thing. Their families now actually get to spend some time with them, the work hours are reasonable and the work itself not overly taxing. He's certainly got the personality for it. I think he'd be highly pursued if he were to go that way, and he'd be very good at it. Not sure how the money compares with being a DC/HC, but it's probably pretty good.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 26 Apr 2024 - 15:10