Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A New Community for Jets Fans

+20
Blindsidebrick
Hunter07
McJet
NickSINYC
jetkwondo
Lakerfan1980
SackExchange
danfran
jamesfyo123
NYJETSDAN16
soj
Sarge
cysporsche
Metjetgal
lnap23
trico990
The Wicker Man
Superman55
Atljet60
football51
24 posters

Detroit Lions @ New York Jets (CBS)- 1pm

Atljet60
    Atljet60
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

Detroit Lions @ New York Jets (CBS)- 1pm - Page 8 Empty Re: Detroit Lions @ New York Jets (CBS)- 1pm

Post by Atljet60 Sun 28 Sep 2014 - 15:55

Ivory with another drop.
    football51
    football51
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Detroit Lions @ New York Jets (CBS)- 1pm - Page 8 Empty Re: Detroit Lions @ New York Jets (CBS)- 1pm

Post by football51 Sun 28 Sep 2014 - 15:55

Ivory has improved as a pass catcher, but that's his second drop today plus two by Decker.
    Sarge
    Sarge
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Sarge Sun 28 Sep 2014 - 15:55

Didn't like the 3rd down call
    jamesfyo123
    Co-Pilot
    Co-Pilot

Post by jamesfyo123 Sun 28 Sep 2014 - 15:55

Sarge wrote:4 down territory?
    No way IMO. 4 minutes and 2 TOs. A bunch of time if your D gets the stop.
    SackExchange
    SackExchange

Post by SackExchange Sun 28 Sep 2014 - 15:55

NickSINYC wrote:
    NYJETSDAN16 wrote:
    danfran wrote:On days when Geno clearly doesn't have it, I see nothing wrong with bringing in the backup for a spark. If Geno cant handle it, he should grow a pair. He's owed nothing in the NFL; no one is.  

+1

Hopefully he some how proves he belongs and wins this game!

Here is how I look at things

Geno is in his 2nd year and could still possibly improve. He needs as many snaps as he can get. If he improves great we can look forward to a nice 3rd year.

If not and he is as bad as his critics think we will have our version of suck for Luck and hopefully draft high enough for a shot at Mariota

This.

Sanchez got four years to develop. It was too long, but 1.25 years is also too short.
    jamesfyo123
    Co-Pilot
    Co-Pilot

Post by jamesfyo123 Sun 28 Sep 2014 - 15:57

SackExchange wrote:
    jamesfyo123 wrote:
    SackExchange wrote:How many times are the Jets going to get jobbed on reviews? This is just ridiculous.
    If helmet does in fact count as down (which apparently it does, but I've never heard that) then I'd agree that it's too close to change.

You're probably right. The helmet is a point of contact like a knee or elbow, so it was understandable for it to stand. But none of these close calls ever go for the Jets, especially this year.
    I definitely agree to that. It's very frustrating.
    SackExchange
    SackExchange

Post by SackExchange Sun 28 Sep 2014 - 15:58

That blitz was out of control. It pretty much epitomizes Rex. Enthusiastic, full speed, trying hard, but with no control or discipline.
    NYJETSDAN16
    NYJETSDAN16
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by NYJETSDAN16 Sun 28 Sep 2014 - 15:58

i'm sorry fellas, but Vick wins that game.  Offense needs leadership desperatley. Not a Quarterback who is a turnover machine.
    We're going to be waiting quite a while for Geno to turn the corner. If he ever does.
    Mariotta definetly looks very foreseeable if there isn't a change made soon at QB.

Last edited by NYJETSDAN16 on Sun 28 Sep 2014 - 16:00; edited 1 time in total
    SackExchange
    SackExchange

Post by SackExchange Sun 28 Sep 2014 - 15:58

OK, if you want to be some great run defense, you cannot give up 6, 7 yards a clip when you know they are running.
    Metjetgal
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Metjetgal Sun 28 Sep 2014 - 15:59

Awful should of went for it
    danfran
    danfran
    Co-Pilot
    Co-Pilot

Post by danfran Sun 28 Sep 2014 - 16:00

Geno hasn't been great today, but neither has the defense.
    Metjetgal
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Metjetgal Sun 28 Sep 2014 - 16:01

Terrible game
    SackExchange
    SackExchange

Post by SackExchange Sun 28 Sep 2014 - 16:01

NYJETSDAN16 wrote:i'm sorry fellas, but Vick win that game.  Offense needs leadership desperatley. Not a Quarterback who is a turnover machine.

1. VICK is a turnover machine! Have you followed his career before he became a Jet? The guy is a walking turnover.

2. You don't know that the Jets win this game with Vick. Pure speculation.

3. Even if they do win this game, so what? Are they legitimate title contenders with Vick? Can they beat Denver or the elites in the AFC in January, with either Geno or Vick?
    Metjetgal
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Metjetgal Sun 28 Sep 2014 - 16:02

Season on life support
    SackExchange
    SackExchange

Post by SackExchange Sun 28 Sep 2014 - 16:03

Geno was bad, line wasn't great, RBs didn't do well catching out of the backfield, defense was awful at times, coaching was bad.

Total team lack of effort.
    SackExchange
    SackExchange

Post by SackExchange Sun 28 Sep 2014 - 16:04

Metjetgal wrote:Season on life support

They could be 2-6 very quickly. The next stretch is brutal.

They will manage to win enough down the stretch, after they've been eliminated, to screw up a good draft spot.
    NYJETSDAN16
    NYJETSDAN16
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by NYJETSDAN16 Sun 28 Sep 2014 - 16:04

I don't know why Vick was even brought in here? To help Geno with his learning curve? That's why there are QB coaches. If Rex wants to win to actualy save his job, he places Vick in next week. Geno is god aweful.

Yet on the only bright side i can actually see is that Idzik is truly eyeing Marcus Mariota. If Geno continues to start, we will definetly be drafting in the top 5 witha new head coach.

Rex will always continue to be a stubborn head coach.
    jamesfyo123
    Co-Pilot
    Co-Pilot

Post by jamesfyo123 Sun 28 Sep 2014 - 16:05

As bad as the 4th quarter turnovers are, the most far-reaching reason that we lost was our ineptitude in the first half. Can't have 5 straight 3 and out drives while the other team scores 2 touchdowns and expect to come back and win. And the Lions' 2nd half touchdown drive was a real killer as well. The turnovers were bad (although I really only put the pick on Geno) but the game would've been totally different if we had shown a little something on offense for more than 5 minutes in the first half.
    The Wicker Man
    The Wicker Man
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

Post by The Wicker Man Sun 28 Sep 2014 - 16:07

SackExchange wrote:
    NYJETSDAN16 wrote:i'm sorry fellas, but Vick win that game.  Offense needs leadership desperatley. Not a Quarterback who is a turnover machine.

1. VICK is a turnover machine! Have you followed his career before he became a Jet? The guy is a walking turnover.

3. Even if they do win this game, so what? Are they legitimate title contenders with Vick? Can they beat Denver or the elites in the AFC in January, with either Geno or Vick?

I hate to say it, but, going forward, I think Vick gives us the best chance to win. I'm sure he'll get hurt and Geno will finish
    the season. This really sucks.

SackExchange
    SackExchange

Post by SackExchange Sun 28 Sep 2014 - 16:07

I don't know why Vick was brought in here, either. What Geno needs to learn, Vick can't teach him. He can't teach Geno about ball protection, since he has none himself.

If people are done with Geno, fine. I think it's premature. But if you are going to pull the plug on him in a lost cause of a season, at least go with Simms over Vick.
    NYJETSDAN16
    NYJETSDAN16
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by NYJETSDAN16 Sun 28 Sep 2014 - 16:07

As long as Rex continues to play Geno, Idzik will have his choice on what Head coach to choose from. The Jets will be no better than a 4-12 team.
    Harbaugh looks like a foreseeable candidate if San Fran does not extend his contract. He could have a tremendous influence on Mariotta the was he has with Kaepernick.
    SackExchange
    SackExchange

Post by SackExchange Sun 28 Sep 2014 - 16:09

The Wicker Man wrote:
    SackExchange wrote:

I hate to say it, but, going forward, I think Vick gives us the best chance to win. I'm sure he'll get hurt and Geno will finish

Vick may give us the best chance of winning. But winning what? Is this team really going anywhere?

May as well use the season to learn about your young QBs, rather than sacrificing the future for 8-8.
    SackExchange
    SackExchange

Post by SackExchange Sun 28 Sep 2014 - 16:11

NYJETSDAN16 wrote:As long as Rex continues to play Geno, Idzik will have his choice on what Head coach to choose from.  The Jets will be no better than a 4-12 team.
    Harbaugh looks like a foreseeable candidate if San Fran does not extend his contract.  He could have a tremendous influence on Mariotta the was he has with Kaepernick.

If Idzik has his choice, it will be Dan Quinn.

I'm not sure the Jets will be bad enough to land Mariota. It's frustrating that this franchise cannot develop a legit good QB. Some of it is also fan-driven and media-driven, as a young QB is not allowed to have growing pains here.
    Lakerfan1980
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

Post by Lakerfan1980 Sun 28 Sep 2014 - 16:12

SackExchange wrote:I don't know why Vick was brought in here, either. What Geno needs to learn, Vick can't teach him. He can't teach Geno about ball protection, since he has none himself.

If people are done with Geno, fine. I think it's premature. But if you are going to pull the plug on him in a lost cause of a season, at least go with Simms over Vick.

Vick is not an interception machine, makes good decisions when throwing the ball and is not afraid. His problem is bad decisions running the ball and fumbling. Simms won't get the call if Geno is benched(and he should be), Vick will and I have confidence if he is protected he will score touchdowns.....Vick sees Decker on that 3rd down play and has the courage to make the throw.
    The Wicker Man
    The Wicker Man
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

Post by The Wicker Man Sun 28 Sep 2014 - 16:12

SackExchange wrote:
    The Wicker Man wrote:
    SackExchange wrote:

Vick may give us the best chance of winning. But winning what? Is this team really going anywhere?

May as well use the season to learn about your young QBs, rather than sacrificing the future for 8-8.

I don't think Geno is our future. Back to square 1.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun 19 May 2024 - 18:13