Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A New Community for Jets Fans

+12
Atljet60
Blindsidebrick
Polishjetfan
WilliesDad
cysporsche
SackExchange
football51
HYATT™
Superman55
soj
NickSINYC
danfran
16 posters

When is it the coach and when is it the players?

football51
    football51
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

When is it the coach and when is it the players?  - Page 5 Empty Re: When is it the coach and when is it the players?

Post by football51 Wed 19 Nov 2014 - 15:29

Joe Caporoso @TurnOnTheJets · 24m 24 minutes ago
    I get it when #Jets fans stand up for Rex but can't get it when people can't concede that he's shown himself to be generally clueless on O

Joe Caporoso @TurnOnTheJets · 23m 23 minutes ago
    This is a team that still runs the damn Wildcat through 3 OCs, tells their QBs directly where to throw the ball and had a stoplight system

Joe Caporoso @TurnOnTheJets · 23m 23 minutes ago
    Pick your battles with Rex, he has no idea when it comes to offense and he has publicly admitted it multiple times

Old#15
    Honorary Air Commander
    Honorary Air Commander

When is it the coach and when is it the players?  - Page 5 Empty Re: When is it the coach and when is it the players?

Post by Old#15 Fri 21 Nov 2014 - 8:32

football51 wrote:Joe Caporoso @TurnOnTheJets  ·  24m 24 minutes ago
    I get it when #Jets fans stand up for Rex but can't get it when people can't concede that he's shown himself to be generally clueless on O

Joe Caporoso @TurnOnTheJets  ·  23m 23 minutes ago
    This is a team that still runs the damn Wildcat through 3 OCs, tells their QBs directly where to throw the ball and had a stoplight system

Joe Caporoso @TurnOnTheJets  ·  23m 23 minutes ago
    Pick your battles with Rex, he has no idea when it comes to offense and he has publicly admitted it multiple times

Pretty much says it all for me on status of Rex. He is living in the past with both his defense and an offensive scheme that he probably had difficulty with 8 years ago.
    football51
    football51
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by football51 Fri 21 Nov 2014 - 14:28

Shocked Herm/Rex

Joe Caporoso @TurnOnTheJets · 1h 1 hour ago
    Coach A: 39-41, 1 div title, two 10+ win seasons, 2-3 playoff record

Coach B: 44-46, 0 div title, one 10+ win season, 4-2 playoff record

Last Tweet - Relatively comparable resumes or no?

Bingo. Not all that much separating them at this point, on paper at least RT @fobbywobby: @TurnOnTheJets Herm and Rex?

Joe Caporoso @TurnOnTheJets · 8m 8 minutes ago
    Both losses though. Limited value to losing in semifinals RT @RBomm: @TurnOnTheJets coach B had back to back AFC champ. Games though.

football51
    football51
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by football51 Fri 21 Nov 2014 - 14:35

Joe Caporoso @TurnOnTheJets · 7h 7 hours ago
    Halftime adjustment won't be this?RT @ProFootballTalk: Rex says NYJ improved "a zillion ways" since last BUF game

When is it the coach and when is it the players?  - Page 5 B294sCSCMAEHqYI
    GratefulJet
    GratefulJet
    Honorary Group Captain

Post by GratefulJet Tue 25 Nov 2014 - 6:24

Tough night at RT for Wayne Hunter, I mean Austin Howard, no wait...was that Breno Giacomini getting used, abused, or flagged on virtually every play? Egads, what a rough game. Best can be said for Breno is the entire OL played disgracefully. Buffalo has a great front line and all, but that was simply inexcusable.
    Superman55
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Superman55 Tue 25 Nov 2014 - 7:03

I think after last night, you have to be worried about all aspects of the jets - GM, scouts, coaches, players, water boys, and flag girls...

There isn't one part of this organization that is average right now. I'm not saying we do t have a handful of good players, we do, but even a lot of our better players stunk last night, IMO.
    football51
    football51
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by football51 Tue 25 Nov 2014 - 15:54

football51
    football51
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by football51 Tue 25 Nov 2014 - 15:57

From Rich Cimini on espnnewyork.com

2. Reiterating what I wrote after the game, this one’s on Rex Ryan. His team showed absolutely no pulse. He prides himself on having the most physical team in the league, but his players were on the receiving end of almost every big hit. The players can talk all they want about their affinity for Ryan, but you know what they say: Actions speak louder than words.

soj
    Honorary Air Commander
    Honorary Air Commander

Post by soj Tue 25 Nov 2014 - 18:06

football51 wrote:From Rich Cimini on espnnewyork.com

2. Reiterating what I wrote after the game, this one’s on Rex Ryan. His team showed absolutely no pulse. He prides himself on having the most physical team in the league, but his players were on the receiving end of almost every big hit. The players can talk all they want about their affinity for Ryan, but you know what they say: Actions speak louder than words.

I hate to agree with RC but he is right... rex is done and so is this team. Stick a fork in both.
    GratefulJet
    GratefulJet
    Honorary Group Captain

Post by GratefulJet Tue 25 Nov 2014 - 18:20

Can't believe Rex is talking about starting Vick. MV looked like he quit on the team last night, and he's definitely not coming back in 2015. So start Geno or Simms, I don't care which. Anyone but Michael Vick, for goodness' sake.
    football51
    football51
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by football51 Tue 25 Nov 2014 - 18:23

GratefulJet wrote:Can't believe Rex is talking about starting Vick. MV looked like he quit on the team last night, and he's definitely not coming back in 2015. So start Geno or Simms, I don't care which. Anyone but Michael Vick, for goodness' sake.

I guess he didn't mean at qb Bang Head .

Chris Nimbley @Cnimbley · 22m 22 minutes ago
    Rex had one comment that still holds some meaning as he says 'Young Players Will Get More Playing Time' #Jets http://nyj.scout.com/story/1485024-young-players-to-get-more-playing-time?s=65

football51
    football51
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by football51 Fri 28 Nov 2014 - 14:42

Manish Mehta @MMehtaNYDN · Nov 27
    Rex Ryan is one of the smartest people I have ever covered. He's not about to create conflict/friction with Jets on his way out. #nyj

Translation........."This guy gives me all the information I need to bury the Jets under the anonymous source tag."
    Blindsidebrick
    Honorary Wing Commander
    Honorary Wing Commander

Post by Blindsidebrick Fri 28 Nov 2014 - 19:59

football51 wrote:Manish Mehta @MMehtaNYDN  ·  Nov 27
    Rex Ryan is one of the smartest people I have ever covered. He's not about to create conflict/friction with Jets on his way out. #nyj

Translation........."This guy gives me all the information I need to bury the Jets under the anonymous source tag."

Bingo. Rex is smart because he always gives me what I want.

Idzik should be fired because he blows me off like the worthless TMZ reporter that I am.
    football51
    football51
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by football51 Tue 2 Dec 2014 - 15:23

Rex going back on his word........... shocking Rolling Eyes

Chris Lopresti @CLoprestiWFAN · 4h 4 hours ago
    Old habits die hard... RT @BrianCoz: Safety snaps: Landry 53 of 59 (90 petcent), Jarrett 42 (71), Pryor 23 (39), Allen 0 #nyj

football51
    football51
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by football51 Tue 2 Dec 2014 - 15:32

notice the date Rolling Eyes

Ben Shpigel @benshpigel · 6m 6 minutes ago
    12/26/11, Rex: "Having been playcaller myself for 10 yrs, the toughest offenses to face are ones that are balanced:" http://nyti.ms/1wlQOII

football51
    football51
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by football51 Tue 2 Dec 2014 - 15:38

Joe Caporoso @TurnOnTheJets · 16h 16 hours ago
    Rex Ryan now 44-48, 16-31 in his last 47, 14-20 vs. AFC East, now with one more 10 loss season than 10 win in 6 years as #Jets HC

Joe Caporoso @TurnOnTheJets · 16h 16 hours ago
    Again, that is 16-31 in his last 47 over 2 GMs, 3 OCs, 2 DCs, 3 QBs. And no offensive competence. Sounds like a made for TV resume.

Joe Caporoso retweeted
    Nathan Jahnke @PFF_NateJahnke · 16h 16 hours ago
    The Jets faced 3 or more wide receivers on 48 plays tonight. They used a base defense to face it 44 times, and a nickel defense 4 times.

Joe Caporoso @TurnOnTheJets · 5h 5 hours ago
    Somebody tell Rex: Points are more valuable than rushing yards. Wins are more valuable than your total defense ranking #Jets

Joe Caporoso @TurnOnTheJets · 4h 4 hours ago
    Decker didn't come up with two tough but catchable balls. Still hard to play WR when you get 60 snaps & 4 targets when manned up on PS CB

Joe Caporoso @TurnOnTheJets · 3h 3 hours ago
    Same goes for Harvin. He received two targets at WR against a patch-work secondary. Can't judge what he is or isn't like that. #Jets

football51
    football51
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by football51 Tue 2 Dec 2014 - 17:10

Coaching..............

Rich Cimini @RichCimini · 1h 1 hour ago
    Jets became only 5th team in last 9 years to rush for at least 277 yds + lose. Jets did it in '09 vs Buf. Didn't happen from 1985 to 2005

football51
    football51
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by football51 Tue 2 Dec 2014 - 18:23

This is why Rex is clueless(well, one reason). We're 2-10..........

Joe Caporoso @TurnOnTheJets · 44m 44 minutes ago
    Fair from his perspective and why he should be fired today. RT @RichCimini: Ryan says he won't sacrifice winning for player development

NickSINYC
    NickSINYC
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

Post by NickSINYC Tue 2 Dec 2014 - 18:32

football51 wrote:This is why Rex is clueless(well, one reason). We're 2-10..........

Joe Caporoso @TurnOnTheJets  ·  44m 44 minutes ago
    Fair from his perspective and why he should be fired today. RT @RichCimini: Ryan says he won't sacrifice winning for player development

Rex is hampering our young players development and should have been fired already. This is why I hate Woody he refuses to let people be fired in season and his meddling is once again setting the team back.
    football51
    football51
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by football51 Tue 2 Dec 2014 - 18:44

I wonder if he would've been fired if we had lost the Steelers game.
    NickSINYC
    NickSINYC
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

Post by NickSINYC Tue 2 Dec 2014 - 18:54

football51 wrote:I wonder if he would've been fired if we had lost the Steelers game.
    I doubt it. I have seen Woody quotes that everyone gets evaluated after the season. Plus we all know Rex is a special case for Woody.
    Superman55
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Superman55 Tue 2 Dec 2014 - 22:07

NickSINYC wrote:
    football51 wrote:I wonder if he would've been fired if we had lost the Steelers game.
    I doubt it. I have seen Woody quotes that everyone gets evaluated after the season. Plus we all know Rex is a special case for Woody.

agreed
    football51
    football51
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by football51 Wed 3 Dec 2014 - 15:48

Someone needs to give him a clue.

Rich Cimini @RichCimini · 2h 2 hours ago
    Ryan stressing winning over player evaluation: "I don't want to be 2-14, I can tell you that much." #nyj

football51
    football51
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by football51 Wed 3 Dec 2014 - 15:56

Joe Caporoso @TurnOnTheJets · 6h 6 hours ago
    Going to hit on this on my next long read but underrated part of why Rex has went into tank: Poor hires to replace his quality assistants

Very clear divide between Rex/Pettine by end of 2012. Him and other parts of staff fed up with how Rex ran team in 11/12 #Jets

Rex was gifted Sutton, Westhoff , Callahan and smartly brought Pettine along. Once they left? Disaster.
    football51
    football51
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by football51 Wed 3 Dec 2014 - 18:37

Coaching............

Brian Costello @BrianCoz · 30m 30 minutes ago
    Updating my snap chart and noticed this: David Nelson (cut after Week 7) still has more reps 298 than Chris Johnson 291 this season. #nyj

How many envisioned CJ catching 50+ balls this year like LT did for us in 2010? I know I did. Geez, even Schotty got that right.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun 12 May 2024 - 22:09