Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A New Community for Jets Fans

+14
NYJETSDAN16
The Wicker Man
Seaver
Blindsidebrick
jamesfyo123
SackExchange
football51
cysporsche
MachinaVerde
soj
Superman55
NCgreen12
NickSINYC
Sarge
18 posters

New Jets Coaches and Front Office Running Updates

NickSINYC
    NickSINYC
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

New Jets Coaches and Front Office Running Updates - Page 2 Empty Re: New Jets Coaches and Front Office Running Updates

Post by NickSINYC Fri 16 Jan 2015 - 19:09

So far so good for Bowles he appears to be targeting quality coaches to fill out his staff
    football51
    football51
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

New Jets Coaches and Front Office Running Updates - Page 2 Empty Re: New Jets Coaches and Front Office Running Updates

Post by football51 Fri 16 Jan 2015 - 19:18

GratefulJet wrote:  Kent Somers          @kentsomers
    #azcardinals released LB coach Mike Caldwell from contract to be Jets asst head coach, per source

Mike Caldwell expected to join Jets as DC

I thought Kacy (and the Sunshine Gang) Rodgers was going to be the DC? This is so confusing. Did they fire Kacy already?

Rodgers is going to be the DC. Caldwell is going to be the lb coach/Asst HC. That was how we were able to get him(the Asst. HC title).
    football51
    football51
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by football51 Fri 16 Jan 2015 - 19:25

Arians did the right thing.

Ian Rapoport @RapSheet · 23m 23 minutes ago
    Bowles was allowed 1. RT @kentsomers: #azcardinals released LB coach Mike Caldwell from contract to be Jets asst head coach, per source
    SackExchange
    SackExchange

Post by SackExchange Fri 16 Jan 2015 - 21:58

I'm not sure he could have blocked it. If I'm not mistaken, Assistant Head Coach is a coordinator-level position, according to the league. That means a position coach can be hired to that level and it's a promotion, not a lateral move.
    Sarge
    Sarge
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Sarge Fri 16 Jan 2015 - 22:22

QB and Offensive line are the 2 remaining vitally important hires...fingers crossed
    cysporsche
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by cysporsche Sat 17 Jan 2015 - 11:56

Did I miss a Special Teams Coach ? I wanted to keep Dunbar. Is Sanjay Lai WR & Justus Galac Strength / Conditioning Coach gone as well ?

Go Jets...Cyborg
    cysporsche
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by cysporsche Sat 17 Jan 2015 - 11:58

football51 wrote:
    #azcardinals released LB coach Mike Caldwell from contract to be Jets asst head coach, per source

I thought Kacy (and the Sunshine Gang) Rodgers was going to be the DC? This is so confusing. Did they fire Kacy already?

Rodgers is going to be the DC. Caldwell is going to be the lb coach/Asst HC. That was how we were able to get him(the Asst. HC title).

Does this mean that Caldwell is over our DC Rodgers ? How can a LB coach be over the DC ?

Go Jets...Cyborg
    football51
    football51
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by football51 Sat 17 Jan 2015 - 12:55

cysporsche wrote:
    football51 wrote:

Does this mean that Caldwell is over our DC Rodgers ? How can a LB coach be over the DC ?

Go Jets...Cyborg

It makes no difference. Anthony Lynn was the Asst Hc under Ryan, and he was our rb coach.
    SackExchange
    SackExchange

Post by SackExchange Sat 17 Jan 2015 - 14:42

cysporsche wrote:
    football51 wrote:

Go Jets...Cyborg
    Not at all. This happens all the time.

Basically, assistant head coach is a coordinator-level position with the league. A team will use it for a position coach it really respects, because then permission and/or compensation is needed if another team wants to hire him for a coordinator spot.

The Jets have done this before. Callahan was assistant HC when he was line coach. I think Herm was assistant HC under Dungy, even though he wasn't coordinator.
    football51
    football51
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by football51 Sun 18 Jan 2015 - 16:51

From espnnewyork.com

Not to be confused with Geno Smith: The Jets are poised to hire former Jacksonville Jaguars GM Gene Smith for a front-office position, probably working closely with Maccagnan. Smith had an inglorious run as the Jaguars' boss, drafting quarterback Blaine Gabbert (brutal) and a punter in the third round (Bryan Anger, 2012), but at least one longtime executive thinks he'd be a good fit for the Jets.

"His record wasn't great as the top guy, but he's a good bricklayer, a hard worker," the executive said. "I think he'd be a good assistant GM. I think he'd be good for Mike."
    Sarge
    Sarge
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Sarge Sun 18 Jan 2015 - 19:53

So now we hear Chan Gailey might not be the OC?
    NickSINYC
    NickSINYC
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

Post by NickSINYC Sun 18 Jan 2015 - 20:11

Sarge wrote:So now we hear Chan Gailey might not be the OC?

I know we have nothing from the Jets yet and I did read something early on where Gailey was praying on whether to come out of retirement or not. I think the doubt about him coming to the Jets now stems from a Jason La Canfora report only.
    SackExchange
    SackExchange

Post by SackExchange Sun 18 Jan 2015 - 20:17

I would be fine if Gailey opted not to come to the Jets. It wouldn't break my heart.
    NickSINYC
    NickSINYC
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

Post by NickSINYC Sun 18 Jan 2015 - 20:35

SackExchange wrote:I would be fine if Gailey opted not to come to the Jets. It wouldn't break my heart.

I think he is a good fit with Bowles and with our QB situation but It would not break my heart if we go in a different direction.
    GratefulJet
    GratefulJet
    Honorary Group Captain

Post by GratefulJet Sun 18 Jan 2015 - 20:55

Just depends which direction. If there's a young, hungry, smart guy out there with good ideas and the drive to make them reality, sign me up for that, but make sure you get someone in the house who can turn QB chicken shyte into QB chicken salad, because I don't see any franchise QBs on the immediate horizon.
    Sarge
    Sarge
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Sarge Sun 18 Jan 2015 - 22:14

I wonder if Adam Gase being available has the Jets interested?
    jamesfyo123
    Co-Pilot
    Co-Pilot

Post by jamesfyo123 Mon 19 Jan 2015 - 3:33

cysporsche wrote:Did I miss a Special Teams Coach ? I wanted to keep Dunbar. Is Sanjay Lai WR & Justus Galac Strength / Conditioning Coach gone as well ?

Go Jets...Cyborg
    Nobody has been reported on the ST front. Dunbar and Lal joined Rex in Buffalo. IDK about Galac.
    Superman55
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Superman55 Mon 19 Jan 2015 - 8:02

jamesfyo123 wrote:
    cysporsche wrote:Did I miss a Special Teams Coach ? I wanted to keep Dunbar. Is Sanjay Lai WR & Justus Galac Strength / Conditioning Coach gone as well ?

Go Jets...Cyborg
    Nobody has been reported on the ST front. Dunbar and Lal joined Rex in Buffalo. IDK about Galac.

Special teams coach - Jets are waiting to see if the guy they want shakes out from Atlanta. Atlanta wont let him interview until the Quinn hire. We seem to be waiting to see if he is let go like everyone has been.
    Blindsidebrick
    Honorary Wing Commander
    Honorary Wing Commander

Post by Blindsidebrick Mon 19 Jan 2015 - 11:50

Chan Gailey weighing three offers for coaching positions.

He's not a lock to become our OC. Just saw it on Bleacher Report.
    cysporsche
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by cysporsche Mon 19 Jan 2015 - 12:12

affraid Yikes, the Falcons looked like the losers in the coaching sweep stakes; however, they might be the winners in the end ?

It sounds like Dan Quinn DC / Seahawks is going to be their HC and maybe Kyle Shanahan as his O.C. ? Quinn might be better than Rex & Bowles and I'd prefer Shanahan over Gailey.

Go Jets...Cyborg
    Seaver
    Seaver
    Pilot
    Pilot

Post by Seaver Mon 19 Jan 2015 - 12:17

if any doubt from Gailey....flush and move onto another candidate.
    SackExchange
    SackExchange

Post by SackExchange Mon 19 Jan 2015 - 12:34

It sounds like the doubt is coming from the Jets, not from Gailey. The Jets haven't been in contact with him.

Again, the media blew out of proportion talk of Gailey. They made it sound like a done deal, when neither side had decided that.

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/12193644/chan-gailey-heard-offensive-coordinator-job-new-york-jets
    Seaver
    Seaver
    Pilot
    Pilot

Post by Seaver Mon 19 Jan 2015 - 13:40

http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2015/01/chan_gailey_says_he_wants_to_be_jets_next_offensiv.html

this one sounds like it's simply about money......quoting Gailey himself
    NickSINYC
    NickSINYC
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

Post by NickSINYC Mon 19 Jan 2015 - 16:16

Manish Mehta @MMehtaNYDN · 23m 23 minutes ago
    Jets introductory press conference for new GM Mike Maccagnan & HC Todd Bowles will be Wed at 11 AM. Woody Johnson also in attendance #nyj
    Sarge
    Sarge
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Sarge Mon 19 Jan 2015 - 17:11

I have no problem with someone trying to get the best deal they can before signing a contract. It's just bidness

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun 19 May 2024 - 2:26