Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A New Community for Jets Fans

+14
NYJETSDAN16
The Wicker Man
Seaver
Blindsidebrick
jamesfyo123
SackExchange
football51
cysporsche
MachinaVerde
soj
Superman55
NCgreen12
NickSINYC
Sarge
18 posters

New Jets Coaches and Front Office Running Updates

Sarge
    Sarge
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

New Jets Coaches and Front Office Running Updates - Page 6 Empty Re: New Jets Coaches and Front Office Running Updates

Post by Sarge Sat 24 Jan 2015 - 11:53

Pepper Johnson is a great hire. Lots of experience as player and coach and brings a toughness. Dunbar was our best assistant last yea, but Johnson is a great replacment
    football51
    football51
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

New Jets Coaches and Front Office Running Updates - Page 6 Empty Re: New Jets Coaches and Front Office Running Updates

Post by football51 Sat 24 Jan 2015 - 12:30

I agree, great hire.

Louis Riddick @LRiddickESPN · 43m 43 minutes ago
    Pepper Johnson hire? #slamdunk

Randy Lange @rlangejets · 56m 56 minutes ago
    Welcome back, Pepper. No. 52 made 26 starts for us, including 2 playoff games, at ILB/MLB in 1997-98.
    SackExchange
    SackExchange

Post by SackExchange Sat 24 Jan 2015 - 13:25

I love the Pepper Johnson hire. Good to see him with the Jets. Bowles got high praise from Parcells, and I think the connections are there.
    Superman55
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Superman55 Sat 24 Jan 2015 - 14:56

Love adding Johnson. He's eager to be a DC and having him vs Pats and Bills, very nice!
    NickSINYC
    NickSINYC
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

Post by NickSINYC Sat 24 Jan 2015 - 15:45

Johnson is another good hire by Bowles. I like the staff he is assembling.
    NickSINYC
    NickSINYC
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

Post by NickSINYC Sat 24 Jan 2015 - 15:52

soj wrote:Very happy with the selections and Bowles comments about being accountable and playing smart.  About * Time.... and I am looking forward to become a "consistently good FB team."

I love everything Bowles has said. I think the best thing he has said was when he was asked what he has learned from each of the HCs he has worked for. When he spoke about Parcells he said I learned the importance of coaching the coaches. That is so important and something Rex never did. I want a HC who has his hands on everything and has all his lieutenants marching to his orders.
    NickSINYC
    NickSINYC
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

Post by NickSINYC Sat 24 Jan 2015 - 19:39

Albert Breer @AlbertBreer · 14m 14 minutes ago
    The Jets are hiring Bears nat'l scout Rex Hogan as their director of college scouting. Chicago has released him from his contract.
    NickSINYC
    NickSINYC
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

Post by NickSINYC Sat 24 Jan 2015 - 19:43

Albert Breer @AlbertBreer · 12m 12 minutes ago
    Consider all this a win for new Jets GM Mike Maccagnan. Generally, a new GM can't shape group until after the draft. Maccagnan doing it now.
    Blindsidebrick
    Honorary Wing Commander
    Honorary Wing Commander

Post by Blindsidebrick Sat 24 Jan 2015 - 21:06

NickSINYC wrote:Albert Breer @AlbertBreer  ·  12m 12 minutes ago
    Consider all this a win for new Jets GM Mike Maccagnan. Generally, a new GM can't shape group until after the draft. Maccagnan doing it now.

afro
    Blindsidebrick
    Honorary Wing Commander
    Honorary Wing Commander

Post by Blindsidebrick Sat 24 Jan 2015 - 21:12

NickSINYC wrote:
    soj wrote:Very happy with the selections and Bowles comments about being accountable and playing smart.  About * Time.... and I am looking forward to become a "consistently good FB team."

I love everything Bowles has said. I think the best thing he has said was when he was asked what he has learned from each of the HCs he has worked for. When he spoke about Parcells he said I learned the importance of coaching the coaches. That is so important and something Rex never did. I want a HC who has his hands on everything and has all his lieutenants marching to his orders.

Some very big personalities around the league, including Parcells, have been very supportive of this hire. I feel REALLY good about Todd Bowles. He seems like a nice balance of player-friendly and boot-up-your-butt. And he says all the right things. I'm very encouraged by this hiring, as well as some of the others. I'm liking our special teams next season with April Sr. And our d-line is getting Pepper and the Cat from Miami who coached up those animals on their line.
    Sarge
    Sarge
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Sarge Sat 24 Jan 2015 - 22:01

When the Jets make a bad draft pick, I will yell in a loud affected Germany accent "HO-GAAAAAAAAAAAN!!!!"
    NickSINYC
    NickSINYC
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

Post by NickSINYC Sat 24 Jan 2015 - 22:57

SClark74
    SClark74
    Honorary Group Captain

Post by SClark74 Sat 24 Jan 2015 - 23:01

Not complaining, but why does Johnson come to the Jets to coach the same position he coached with the Pats after being with the Pats for 12 years?
    Blindsidebrick
    Honorary Wing Commander
    Honorary Wing Commander

Post by Blindsidebrick Sat 24 Jan 2015 - 23:09

SClark74 wrote:Not complaining, but why does Johnson come to the Jets to coach the same position he coached with the Pats after being with the Pats for 12 years?

I'll take a stab at that one. He got passed up three times for the DC position in NE. Then, he got close with the Giants for DC, but no cigar. I'm guessing he's doing the math. If you don't want me after several years, you probably never will. Go somewhere where you have a chance to promote one day.
    NickSINYC
    NickSINYC
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

Post by NickSINYC Sat 24 Jan 2015 - 23:17

SClark74 wrote:Not complaining, but why does Johnson come to the Jets to coach the same position he coached with the Pats after being with the Pats for 12 years?

He left the Pats for the Bills. He came to the Jets because Marrone quit. This article talks about why he left the Pats.

Pepper Johnson: Patriots Players Had Trouble Reading Bill Belichick Read more at: http://nesn.com/2014/02/pepper-johnson-patriots-players-had-trouble-reading-bill-belichick/
    SClark74
    SClark74
    Honorary Group Captain

Post by SClark74 Sat 24 Jan 2015 - 23:24

Thanks for the link - very interesting - so he is yet another guy just sick of being stifled by Belichick. Im thinking maybe we gave him a pay raise too, but after Marrone abandoning ship in BUffalo he was probably looking for another good program. Hope he works out - just feels a little Mangini-ish to me.
    Old#15
    Honorary Air Commander
    Honorary Air Commander

Post by Old#15 Sun 25 Jan 2015 - 8:10

NickSINYC wrote:Albert Breer @AlbertBreer  ·  12m 12 minutes ago

Getting at least your top two lieutenants (Hogan (college) and Heimerdinger (pro personnel)) in place before Senior Bowl, Combine, Free Agency and Draft is huge in my humble opinion. Having to rely on holdover staffs greatly handicaps new GMs.
    Old#15
    Honorary Air Commander
    Honorary Air Commander

Post by Old#15 Sun 25 Jan 2015 - 8:19

When I first read PJ's quote below particularly the 2nd part, I wondered to myself what does he mean by keeping a lot of information to himself? Being with the Pats that long, I gotta believe he knows where the skeletons are hiding. He is also smart enough to realize that divulging any of that would be the kiss of death in the coaching community.

"I feel bottled up," he said. "I have a lot of knowledge and a lot of information that I feel like I just have to keep to myself."
    NYJETSDAN16
    NYJETSDAN16
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by NYJETSDAN16 Sun 25 Jan 2015 - 10:14

Loving every move thus far. Front office completely overhauled as it takes many GM's after the draft to do so.
    Macagnan is really placing his stamp on the team. High quality personel. Can't wait what he does to the actual team especially the quarterback position.
    football51
    football51
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by football51 Sun 25 Jan 2015 - 16:42

Wow, Heimerdinger is only 28 years old.

http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2015/01/jets_expected_to_hire_rams_scout_brian_heimerdinge.html

Kimberley A. Martin @KMart_LI
    · 21h 21 hours ago

Heard in Mobile that the #Jets were going to make Brian Heimerdinger their new director of player personnel.

football51
    football51
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by football51 Sun 25 Jan 2015 - 17:01

 Corey Griffin retweeted

Kevin Weidl @KevinW_ESPN
    · 3h 3 hours ago
    Strong hire by the Jets adding Rex Hogan as Director of College Scouting. Good eye for talent and one of the better guys in the business.

NickSINYC
    NickSINYC
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

Post by NickSINYC Mon 26 Jan 2015 - 21:19

Greg Auman @gregauman · 39m 39 minutes ago
    Former USF football player Kevin Patullo, assistant WRs coach with Titans, will be named QBs coach with Jets, reuniting with Chan Gailey ...

Greg Auman @gregauman · 29m 29 minutes ago
    Kevin Patullo, who played at USF 1999-2002, was a Bulls GA 2003-04, has worked up NFL ranks with Chiefs, Bills, Titans, now Jets' QBs coach.
    NickSINYC
    NickSINYC
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

Post by NickSINYC Mon 26 Jan 2015 - 21:24

Seems like Patullo has worked mostly with WRs but was a college QB
    GratefulJet
    GratefulJet
    Honorary Group Captain

Post by GratefulJet Mon 26 Jan 2015 - 21:32

First position coach that seems like a reach. All the others are very experienced guys. Not sure what to make of Patullo. It goes without saying that every great coach was inexperienced at some point in their career. Maybe they see something special in him.
    NickSINYC
    NickSINYC
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

Post by NickSINYC Mon 26 Jan 2015 - 22:02

GratefulJet wrote:First position coach that seems like a reach. All the others are very experienced guys. Not sure what to make of Patullo. It goes without saying that every great coach was inexperienced at some point in their career. Maybe they see something special in him.

I am not thrilled about it but Gailey knows him well and wanted him. He is probably going to be our youngest coach. I think he is only mid thirties.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun 19 May 2024 - 1:38