Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A New Community for Jets Fans

+19
Metjetgal
NickSINYC
Pointdexter
AFA2017
soj
football51
Seaver
hobson54
NCgreen12
Marac
jetsfanshanghai
The Wicker Man
Superman55
GratefulJet
SackExchange
NYJETSDAN16
Sarge
LIJETFAN
Blindsidebrick
23 posters

Todd Bowles officially hired as the new HC

football51
    football51
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Todd Bowles officially hired as the new HC - Page 4 Empty Re: Todd Bowles officially hired as the new HC

Post by football51 Wed 14 Jan 2015 - 18:14

Rich Cimini @RichCimini · 9m 9 minutes ago
    Spoke to Bill Parcells re Bowles. Has "high regard" for Bowles. "Lot of experience coaching in diff situations...Highly intelligent." #nyj
    football51
    football51
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Todd Bowles officially hired as the new HC - Page 4 Empty Re: Todd Bowles officially hired as the new HC

Post by football51 Wed 14 Jan 2015 - 18:30

Joe Caporoso @TurnOnTheJets · 52m 52 minutes ago
    Won't act like I know a ton about him but from what we're hearing out of Miami, seems like #Jets could be getting hell of DC in Kacy Rodgers
    Sarge
    Sarge
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Sarge Wed 14 Jan 2015 - 18:55

It seems that these days prospective head coach candidates are expected to have specific offensive and defensive coordinators already lined up.  Seems like that is a fairly new trend.  I'm sure Bowles already had commitments from Gailey and Rodgers before he ever went out in interviews
    NickSINYC
    NickSINYC
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

Post by NickSINYC Wed 14 Jan 2015 - 19:00

Rich Cimini @RichCimini · 1m 1 minute ago
    When Todd Bowles arrived at the airport yesterday for 2nd interview, he was greeted by none other than Mike Maccagnan. #nyj
    NickSINYC
    NickSINYC
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

Post by NickSINYC Wed 14 Jan 2015 - 19:01

Seth WalderVerified account
    ‏@SethWalderNYDN
    Todd Bowles: "I can’t help but be humbled by the chance to coach this team. I am going to do everything I can to build a consistent winner.”
    NickSINYC
    NickSINYC
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

Post by NickSINYC Wed 14 Jan 2015 - 19:02

Rich Cimini @RichCimini · 1m 1 minute ago
    The airport scene played out 25 yrs ago in Washington, when Maccagnan (Redskins intern) picked up Bowles (Redskins player) at airport. #nyj
    GratefulJet
    GratefulJet
    Honorary Group Captain

Post by GratefulJet Wed 14 Jan 2015 - 19:09

NickSINYC wrote:Rich Cimini @RichCimini  ·  1m 1 minute ago
    The airport scene played out 25 yrs ago in Washington, when Maccagnan (Redskins intern) picked up Bowles (Redskins player) at airport. #nyj

That is pretty freakin' cool.
    GratefulJet
    GratefulJet
    Honorary Group Captain

Post by GratefulJet Wed 14 Jan 2015 - 19:12

I think this Bowles guy's persona is going to be a refreshingly understated change of pace from Rex's bluster and braggadocio. I for one am looking forward to it.
    football51
    football51
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by football51 Wed 14 Jan 2015 - 19:19

Dan Leberfeld @jetswhispers · 11m 11 minutes ago
    "He does a good job of relating to players and they want to play for him." - Jets consultant Charlie Casserly on Todd Bowles. #nyj

Dan Leberfeld @jetswhispers · 18m 18 minutes ago
    "His presentation from constructing a staff, to player philosophy, to making a team better were all tremendous." - Ron Wolf on Todd Bowles

Dan Leberfeld @jetswhispers · 21m 21 minutes ago
    "When we first met, it was immediately clear how sincere and very real he is." - Mike Maccagnan on Todd Bowles. #nyjets

Seth Walder @SethWalderNYDN · 16m 16 minutes ago
    Maccagnan on Bowles: "While he appreciates the need for discipline, players love playing for him." #nyj

NickSINYC
    NickSINYC
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

Post by NickSINYC Wed 14 Jan 2015 - 19:21

GratefulJet wrote:I think this Bowles guy's persona is going to be a refreshingly understated change of pace from Rex's bluster and braggadocio. I for one am looking forward to it.

Agreed I never liked Rexs' bravado from the start. After six years I found it intolerable.
    football51
    football51
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by football51 Wed 14 Jan 2015 - 19:27

Brian Costello @BrianCoz · 30m 30 minutes ago
    Jets were very impressed that Bowles was well-liked by players but also not afraid to discipline. Was not always the case under Rex #nyj
    NickSINYC
    NickSINYC
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

Post by NickSINYC Wed 14 Jan 2015 - 19:28

Brian Costello @BrianCoz
    For those asking, the press conference for Bowles and Maccagnan has not been announced yet. #nyj
    Metjetgal
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Metjetgal Wed 14 Jan 2015 - 19:47

I like both hires bounce
    NickSINYC
    NickSINYC
    Honorary Sky Marshall
    Honorary Sky Marshall

Post by NickSINYC Wed 14 Jan 2015 - 19:48

It look awkward with the camera there

New York Jets ✔ @nyjets
    A pair of N.J. natives make their way back home.

See them arrive- http://bit.ly/1u5hflW
    GratefulJet
    GratefulJet
    Honorary Group Captain

Post by GratefulJet Wed 14 Jan 2015 - 22:06

football51 wrote:Brian Costello @BrianCoz  ·  30m 30 minutes ago
    Jets were very impressed that Bowles was well-liked by players but also not afraid to discipline. Was not always the case under Rex #nyj
    Just what this team needs, IMHO.
    NYJETSDAN16
    NYJETSDAN16
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by NYJETSDAN16 Wed 14 Jan 2015 - 22:23

GratefulJet wrote:Looks like we have to coach Dan up on how to spell our new HC's last name.  Laughing

lol, my bad and great catch.
    NYJETSDAN16
    NYJETSDAN16
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by NYJETSDAN16 Wed 14 Jan 2015 - 22:29

I really hope the new regime doesn't place all their eggs in the Geno basket like their predeecsors did. Acquire a QB via free agency or trade and draft one.  Cannot repeat what happend in '14.  Geno can absolutley cripple an organization.

Last edited by NYJETSDAN16 on Wed 14 Jan 2015 - 22:31; edited 1 time in total
    Superman55
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Superman55 Wed 14 Jan 2015 - 22:30

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-dolphins/fl-dolphins-0115-20150114-story.html?track=rss

Todd Bowles' recent hiring as the New York Jets' head coach could mean the Dolphins will lose one of the team's top assistants.

According to a league source, Dolphins defensive line coach Kacy Rodgers is viewed as a front runner to become Bowles' defensive coordinator, running the New York Jets defense for his longtime friend, and fellow co-worker in Dallas and Miami.

cComments
    Got something to say? Start the conversation and be the first to comment.
    ADD A COMMENT

Bowles, who spent five years as the Dolphins' assistant head coach, and produced a 2-1 record as Miami's interim coach in 2011, has worked with Rodgers for nine seasons. These two Bill Parcells proteges left the Cowboys staff to join Tony Sparano's Dolphins staff back in 2008.

Rodgers, who can't be denied a promotion by the Dolphins, is one of the few Sparano holdovers on Joe Philbin's coaching staff. He's spent 12 seasons as an NFL assistant, and has led one of the NFL's most forceful defensive lines for the past seven years.

The Dolphins defense has recorded 287 sacks since Rodgers began coaching the defensive line. Only two franchise's – Minnesota (301) and Philadelphia (297) – have produced more during that time frame.

Rodgers is credited with the development of Randy Starks, Paul Soliai and Cameron Wake, who have all been selected to multiple Pro Bowls. Kendall Langford, Olivier Vernon, and Jared Odrick are also youngsters who developed into productive NFL starters during Rodgers' tenure as their position coach.

Rodgers' expertise happens to be the Jets' greatest strength courtesy of standouts like Sheldon Richardson and Muhammad Wilkerson. His hiring hints the Jets will continue to run a 3-4 based defense.

Last year the Dolphins lost linebacker coach George Edwards to the Minnesota Vikings, which made him the team's defensive coordinator.

Philbin has successfully replaced a number of his assistants the past two seasons. Last year he hired Bill Lazor to replaced Mike Sherman as the team's offensive coordinator. Mark Duffner to replace Edwards as the Dolphins' linebacker coach, and John Benton and Jack Bicknell Jr. replaced Miami's offensive line coaches.

Philbin has gone out of his way to create stability on his coaching staff this offseason, and that includes retaining defensive coordinator Kevin Coyle, whose unit was ranked among the NFL's top five defenses heading into week 11, but tanked in the final six games of the 2014 season.
    Metjetgal
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Metjetgal Thu 15 Jan 2015 - 9:00

Have to say, I don't love the OC hire. So vanilla and boring.
    Superman55
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Superman55 Thu 15 Jan 2015 - 9:05

With our QB options, that may be best. Smile

Hard to call the guy who created "slash" and made Kordell Stewart a Super Bowl QB vanilla, but to each their own.
    hobson54
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by hobson54 Thu 15 Jan 2015 - 9:25

NickSINYC wrote:
    GratefulJet wrote:I think this Bowles guy's persona is going to be a refreshingly understated change of pace from Rex's bluster and braggadocio. I for one am looking forward to it.

Agreed I never liked Rexs' bravado from the start. After six years I found it intolerable.

I admit to having been a fan of Rex's bravado, especially at first. but the last couple of years, as things crumpled around him and the team and he kept talking, it sounded hallow.

i have to agree with both of you that i'm now looking forward to the change of pace from Bowles.
    Blindsidebrick
    Honorary Wing Commander
    Honorary Wing Commander

Post by Blindsidebrick Thu 15 Jan 2015 - 10:41

Metjetgal wrote:Have to say, I don't love the OC hire. So vanilla and boring.

I think too much is being made of his two year's out of coaching. He's a 63 year old guy who's worked a lot of years in the league. And he's got a great reputation as an OC. I read that Bills players recently said the reason Gailey got fired as HC was more due to the play of the defense.

One thing's for sure. The second this offense stumbles, the fan base is gonna whip up the "he was outta the league for two years!" commentary. Bet on it.
    Superman55
    Superman55
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by Superman55 Thu 15 Jan 2015 - 10:59

Blindsidebrick wrote:

I think too much is being made of his two year's out of coaching. He's a 63 year old guy who's worked a lot of years in the league. And he's got a great reputation as an OC. I read that Bills players recently said the reason Gailey got fired as HC was more due to the play of the defense.

One thing's for sure. The second this offense stumbles, the fan base is gonna whip up the "he was outta the league for two years!" commentary. Bet on it.

List of QBs Gaily has worked with as an NFL coach/coordinator:

Kordell Stewart
    Troy Aikman last 2 years before he retired
    Jay Fiedler
    Ryan Fitzpatrick
    Tyler Thigpen

...not exactly Aaron Rodgers.
    cysporsche
    Supreme Commander
    Supreme Commander

Post by cysporsche Thu 15 Jan 2015 - 12:03

Blindsidebrick wrote:

LOL, You'd win that bet in a heartbeat ! The very first 3 and out on offense, and our brutal Jet fans will want him fired !

Go Jets...Cyborg
    SackExchange
    SackExchange

Post by SackExchange Thu 15 Jan 2015 - 12:05

Gailey will have by far the shortest leash. I have no doubt of that.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun 12 May 2024 - 20:03